24 Hour Fitnessunprofessional behaviour!

Z Review updated:

I did not use my first week free personal trainer offer that came with my joining 24 hours. I asked if I could use this any other time since I was leaving for a long vacation during and will not be in to use the gym the first week. They said yes, no problem. I came later and talked to the assistant manager and he flat out said I can not use it once I missed it. The worst thing about it is he actually made me feel I made the whole thing up. I would have cancelled my membership right there and then and have gone somewhere else if it was not the investment I have made for the five four years at this place.

This happened to me at Bedford location in Texas. I will look up the managers name and will post it here.

• Updated by Steven Scharf · Oct 21, 2018

I belong to the 24 Hour Fitness on Iris Ave. in Boulder CO. Your music sucks.

josh gooding Sep 06, 2007

The "club" on Pico Boulevard in West Los Angeles is the shabbiest run club I've ever experienced. There are managers, assistant managers, assistant-assistant managers and yet...

1. No one can change the constant rap music after 6PM because "the manager went home".
    2. Equipment goes for months without being repaired.
    3. There is no soap in the showers or sinks.
    4. One of two urinals is usually out of order.
    5. The air conditioning in the gym is OFF and it's over 80 degrees because, get this... the associates upstairs trying to lure in new members are freezing from the air conditioning on that floor. When you suggest they close some of the air conditioning vents upstairs so the gym downstairs can be bearable, they looked at you as if you're from outer space.
    6. Oh, some of the assistants and assistant managers tell you the music can't be changed because it is programmed by the day manager and it's on a computer.
    7. The rap music is so loud that it overpowers your ipod.
    8. The gym itself is filthy.

• Mi
    Michael Brooks Nov 04, 2007

This note is addressed to the membership department.

My account number is AB79777, I became an employee, and my employment ended in July 2007. When I became a member I was told that my membership would be put on hold, my card was frozen, that was completed several weeks after my employment. I received my new membership card (GY88254) . Since I'm no longer a employee I request that my membership be reactivated. Please let me know of any monies that are due. I hope that I'm reaching a department that will put this in the membership department.

Michael Brooks!

• Wo
    Workout-Hammer Aug 30, 2008

Unprofessional Fitness Business Advertisement

I am a member at Bally Fitness for 5 years, looking for alternative excellent fitness for enjoying and expanding my workout experience.

I saw the special offers of 24 Hrs Fitness on Fri morning (08/29/08) on website in the special offer section. It said "1-year pre-paid all club for only $249", the Offer expires 08/31/08. I printed it out, took it with me to my work place; I thought I will apply online when I got back home.

At the same day, I onlined on Fri evening (08/29/08) 5:40pm, they already took the Ads out from the website. I called to the 24 Hrs Fitness in my local area (Pico Los Angeles), they said that this offer expired on THU 08/28/08 (yesterday). OMG!!! they're all lirer, unreliable people to talk with. I said I had a paper on my hand; however, they still insisted the Offer already expired since THU 08/28/08.

So, I have only one chance to find out by calling to a number# 1-888-243-5002. I called to this phone# (it's a number for joining the fitness over the phone) in the morning of Sat 08/30/08 10:00am; a representative (a lady) said that this Offer already expired, , , dam it ! stupid ! unprofessional !
    I said that I have a paper on my hand, and it said the Offer expires on 08/31/08. Then I heard she talked with someone near her, she came back to me and said that it already expired; she said "she can't help, sorry!"

This is very disappointed with the professional fitness business who has many branches over the country and in aboard. The Ads is expired before time it'd be, unprofessional staffs to provide the significant information to support the customers, unwilling to help customers.

PS:- Very disappointed !!!

Jose Sep 11, 2008

thanx guys, Im looking for a gym this helped my decision. I live in pembroke Pines FL and there are other gyms more affordable, they are too expensive. I rather join a better gym like ballys or LA fitness with heavier weights and better machines. But i think Ima go to a cheaper one like planetfit or Club fit. thanx

• Ki
    Kinda Haddad Aug 14, 2018

I purchase a life time membership for Fitness USA in 1993 from Dearborn, Michigan.
    Unfortunately, Fitness USA has not performed well and they closed all their location.
    To resolve the problem, I would appreciate if I can get my refund I paid $1000+. Otherwise I would like to know if any other place will honor my membership somewhere else.

Ange142 Aug 29, 2018

I brought a lifetime membership when I was like 18 yrs old. Thinking I would have it for a lifetime. But now there is none near me! I think I deserve a refund!?

• Qu
    Quanah Parker Brightman Oct 21, 2018

Rude & Lazy Employees. One Named Sonya Embezzled a $100 Cash Payment I made one Month Ago. Now, I'm Overdrawn at My Bank thanks to Her Not Logging in My Payment. I was Forced to Called Customer service and Filed a complaint.
    Bathrooms are Always Dirty.
    I Don't Recommend this Gym.

• Wa
    Wardy R Landrau Oct 21, 2018

The batroom are very Dirty the toilet full of crap no toliet paper is like this everymorning that the only thing i have to complaint

• Ro
    roger 01 Oct 22, 2018

this is a fake website. there is no connection with this site and 24hr. read the reviews on this site before using it. be aware!

• St
    Steven Scharf Oct 27, 2018

I belong to the 24 hour fitness in Boulder CO. Your music is the worst. I am ready to join another gym.

• Uu
    uuighiuyiuy Jan 28, 2019

24 hours fitness in Ramsey NJ -Manager George Hondros Unprofessional behavior and very poor customer service. We are terminate our membership with this club due to George Hondros Manager behavior

• Ta
    taiana campbell May 21, 2019

Rude and disrespectful on May 13 at the 24hr fitness located at 3030 bellflower Blvd in long beach ca. I can be reached at 562 682 9706

• Ne
    NEALC53 Jun 24, 2019

Auburn, Washington has a on going problem with Saturday opening at 5am = 50 percent of the time for the last 10 years this has been going on and I know of a lot of people have went to other clubs as a result and my membership is up 6-27 and I'll go to Planet Fitness = good luck with this club.

• Mu
    Mustaphacha Oct 20, 2019

I just start my training in 24 hour kingshighway one month ago, Today I finish my training at 8h55 pm after that I went to do sauna and I forgot that the gym close at 9 pm,
    After that the manager take my towel and push me out Without wiping my body out of the water, he treated me badly.
    I want to rehabilitate and apologize to him personally.

• Se
    Sergey Bibikov May 10, 2020

Why withdrawing money from my account during COVID-19 is a direct violation of the law. You withdraw money while you are closed it is some kind of fraud.I want to get my money back otherwise I will have to sue you. DEBIT CARD PAYMENT, *****1467, AUT 040320 VISA DDA PUR 24 HOUR FITNESS USA I 800 4326348 * CA 34.47$

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices