24 Hour Fitnesscancellation of memebership by mistake

I had a membership to 24 hour fitness. It was a $99 a year for life. I went to the club and paid the membership. The girl at the desk charged me $99. I thought all was well. I did not use the club for several months. I went to the club finally and found that my membership was canceled. Apparently the girl at the front desk did not charge me the $8.17 tax for the membership. Now when I called customer service they say that they cannot reinstate my membership but they can write me a new membership but there will be an increase in the dues. WTF is this. They make a billing error and then cancel my membership and try to get me to sign up for a new membership for more money. There is something seriously wrong with this company.

Tu caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).

• Pi
    pissed rick Oct 12, 2010

i got a hold of the corporate office and they resolved the issue quickly and efficiently. it was amazing after i had been shuffled around by everyone else. call 866.417.4946 if you want to get your issue resolved.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices