24 Hour Fitness24 hour fistness increase my lifetime annual renewal by 100%

L

I signed up with $489.81 initial payment for 36 months, then after should be $49 per year.
I was told by the representative that $49/year will be for life and the annual amount will not change forever.
Today, I received a letter from 24 hour fitness that my annual fee will increase to $99/year.
This is 100% increase in annual membership price. This is outrageous!

• Kt
    KT201 Nov 11, 2015

I just received notice that my annual dues which had been 49.00 were now 99.00. I got this information from the 24hour website. There was no explanation as to why they had been increased. When i called to get an explanation I was on hold for 50 minutes. A person then picked up the phone and said "Thanks for calling 24 Hour. Have a nice day." She then hung up. After seeing these posts, I see that this is a common practice. I think it is time for a collective protest.

• Mi
    Mick W Oct 22, 2015

I just received my notice that my family, 3 members have increased from $29.00 to $129.00 PER PERSON per year. This is outrageous % increase - I have not seen any improvement in the facility or the equipment in years other than the removal of all the Lance Armstrong signage.