Zynex Medicaltens unit

Z Jul 21, 2019 Review updated:

This company keeps billing me for the TENS Unit, that was referred to me by my Physical Therapists and which I ordered after I was told that my insurance would cover the entire costs of the unit. My rehab therapists office called their Zynex Sales rep to confirm with him that the device would be entirely covered by my insurance, I have Blue Cross, Blue Shield and also Medicare B . The salesman told them that the unit would definitely be covered entirely, , and told them I should go to their website and order the device.

When I went to the website to order it, I had to fill out my insurance information, again in order for them to ship the TENS Unit, and if the insurance was denied they would not be sending the unit.

They sent me the unit and I began using it and within a week, the battery went out, so I had to start purchasing batteries every week or so. Then after I spent a lot of money for these batteries, , the company Zynex started sending me batteries and electrodes every month and some of the electrodes that they were sending me did not apply to the unit I had, they were round, and the belt I was using had square electrode pads. I called the company to tell them and I asked them if what hey were sending was covered by insurance and if not I didn't want to receive these items anymore. They said absolutely they were covered and I wouldn't have to pay for them.

One night while I was using the unit my legs turned purple and red, from the top to my ankles so I immediately turned the unit off, and called my doctor the next day and he said to quit using the unit.

In the meantime I received a bill from ZYNEX for 1500.00 in the mail. I called them immediately and asked what was the bill for and they said my insurance didnt cover the device and the bill was for the unit and all the electrodes and batteries they sent me, that were unopened and never used. I told them that I had the insurance pre qualified before I purchased it by my Physical Therapy company and also their local salesman. They told me that wasn't true . They wanted me to send back all the unopened batterys and electrodes, and the remote control unit. I did that the same day. They are now sending me a bill every month for 150.00 .

I do not owe them anything, in fact I have been diagnosed with CRPS and have seen 12 doctors since I last used their device, and my legs are still purple and blood red and I have nerve damage which I didn't have before using the Zynex belt. I am on Nerve pills 3 times a day, and pain management.

I refuse to pay that 150.00 bill they keep sending me and if it shows on my credit I will get an attorney and possibly take action for the billing and my nerve damage.

Barbara Caballero
[protected]@gmail.com

• Yr
    yrjc33 Feb 17, 2021

they did the same thing to me only they waited two years too bill me over 585 dollars for what they excepted back the unit-the electroids and batteries -and now I had to agree to pay them 160.00 or they well bill me the 560.00 -and by the way it did not work not at all not even a little so really what there good at is cheating old people.