The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Young Explorers — Shopping Essentials Scam
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Over two years ago, I purchased some educational toys for my grandchhildren online from Young Explorers. Two years later, I get a call from my bank, telling me there is a suspicious recurring charge on my credit card. They reeled off recent credit card purchases and all were correct except for a monthly charge for Shopping Essentials Membership. This company was totally unfamiliar to me. My husband had believed this was some kind of membership I had signed up for and didn't think to question the charge.
I did not sign up for any shopping membership and never used the membership. Period. I have traced this scam - which cost me over &1000 over two years time - to Young Explorers, a company with a catalogue full of educational toys. I did order toys for my grandchildren from this company - both over the phone and online. It was the online purchase in November 1998 that triggered the bogushopping "membership."
I called Young Explorers Customer Service. Before reaching a representative, I listened to a message promising $20 off my purchase if I look at their shopping membership plan. When Betty finally came on the phone, I complained about these extraneous charges that were a result of my doing business with Young Explorers. Betty confirmed that I had clicked Yes to the trial Shopping essentials program in 1998.
I told Betty that I never clicked Yes and never sign up for Shopping Memberships. Never, never, never. Betty hung up on me.
Great company, yes? Are there other victims of Young Explorers and their participation in the Shopping Essentials scam? Should we talk Class Action suit? This is a particularly offensive scam targeting people wanting to buy toys for their young ones. The money Young Explorers and Shopping Essentials extorted from me was hard-earned. You would think they'd be satisfied making a profit off their products. I guess they got a little greedy over at Youn Explorers.
More Young Explorers Complaints & Reviews
- Young Explorers - Scam
- Youngexplorers.com - Their customer service is extremely misleading, disappointing, and certainly not geared towards satisfying their customers
- Youngexplorers.com - Fraud
- Young Explorers - Horrible Service and Deceptive Practices
- Young Explorers - no customer service
- Young Explorers - I really need help!
- Young Explorers - Online ordering, being charged twice for one item, and the absolutely horrible customer service
- Young Explorers - unauthorized credit card charges for service not received or wanted
- Youngexplorers.com - Bad service
- Young Explorers - horrible customer service