Worx GTBuyer beware

M

I Purchased a Worx Gt in March. Battery does not last to go around 1 foodball fields 2 times as advertised. The unit appears to be well constructed but its utility far less than what has been advertised. I have emailed them twice about the problem. It has been used about 5 times this summer.The WORX GT does not work, the battery only lasts about 20 minutes per 6 hour charge. The cutting string constantly breaks so you cant go but a few feet before you are stopping to take the unit apart and re thread the line. When you return the unit they will send you a "FREE" return label via e mail. That free label comes with a $14 charge you will later find out. Then on top of all that they continue to bill your credit card the remaining charges because they "Had a computer glitch" and it will take another 4-6 weeks to clear the glitch and The Service was closed when I called at 09:45 MST within the published hours on Saturday. I assume I will be out the original shipping and the return shipping amounting to a probable overall direct monetary loss of $50 for the experiment and experience besides the time wasted on the phone and shipping the unit back. "hopefully" then get your refund processed. SIMPLY - Buyer Beware! Dont get taken like I did.

• Ri
    RIPKEN FAN May 13, 2014

Thanks for information. Just finished watching commercial on tube and was ready to buy after my black and deck 18 volt batteries would not hold charge. I guess will buy A gas trimmer and "enjoy" the fumes.

• Ri
    RIPKEN FAN May 13, 2014

THANKS FOR INFO. JUST GOT DONE WATCHING INFO-MERCIAL. WAS READY TO BUY AFTER MY BLACK& DECKER BATTERIES WOULD NOT HOLD CHARGE AFTER 1 YEAR. GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO BUY A CHEAPER GAS TRIMMER & "ENJOY "THE FUMES !!

• In
    india57 Jun 15, 2013

I bought the WorkGt 18 Volt trimmer 6 months ago and the battery charger said it was charged and the battery "Did the last 5 minutes" I called the customer service center and told them that the battery will not keep its charge. They sent ne a new battery and a new charger this did the same thing. I then again called the company and I said that the battery and the charger they sent me did not work either. it seams when the trimer said it was charged the motor did not have the power to do its job. This company offer me that they would send me a new 24 volt workgt trimmer I said keep it. I encourage people not to buy this trimmer. I wasted $130.00 for a boat anchor. "I will not buy any product fro this company".