Woman Within Credit CardLate Payment Charge When Payment Was Submitted on Their Website the Day BEFORE Due Date

My patience with this company and this family of credit cards is totally exhausted. Every point of contact with this bank is a trial and not a pleasure. Their website is primitive at best. You submit your payment and they do NOT furnish you with a confirmation number. This past month, I cancelled my Roaman's Card due to a $20 late fee when I truly "forgot" to pay. This month, there's another $20 late fee when I made the payment the day before the due date. My full payment for the Roaman's card shows on my bank's transactions. The payment submitted for my Woman Within Card does not. I truly believe this is a "rip-off" bank. First, look at the interest rate on your card. Mine says 24.99%. OUTRAGEOUS! Second, I believe they make it difficult to contact them. I think they make it unpleasant to contact them so you will choose NOT to conact them. I went through all that today (Dec. 26). Yes, yes, I know it's a federal holiday. So why didn't their telephone recording say that their offices were closed for today at the beginning, instead of at the end. Ok, okay, that's all public relations. The meat of my complaint is this: don't credit card companies have a responsibility to maintain a modern-enough website to credit payments when they are submitted? Shouldn't they provide confirmation numbers? Why do they get away with having primitive websites, and then charge you the customer for their blipping mistakes? Yes, I'm willing to be the front man (or woman) on a class action lawsuit against this blipping bank!!!

• Ki
    Kim Avery May 23, 2012

Been there... I am also SO done with this company. I used to have a Roman's charge. Two years ago they had the nerve to charge me late fees in December AND January, even though I had mailed payment 8 days in advance on both. When I complained, they blamed it on "all the Holiday mail" at the post office. I checked at USPS... they told me ALL mail to SW US is air mail NOT ground... maybe 4 days tops. That was it ! I paid off the bill and closed the account. Then I ignorantly got a Woman Within card. It's the same flippin' company with the same BS and games! I lost my job and tried to pay on-line with my debit UIA card... they wouldn't take payment as I didn't have a check routing #. Then I called to ask for an extension, as I only had 3 days to mail it... THEY REFUSED! I sucked up the late fee again, yet now I was determined to pay off the ### and close my account for good. Last month I had one more payment of $15 left until I could be rid of them. I mailed it May 1st AM... and guess what? They claimed not to have received it until May 8th!!! F---THEM! I mailed another payment to California the same day, yet that was received May 5th! I AM FINISHED WITH THIS COMPANY!!!