Window Worldbad service

We ordered windows from Window World several years ago. When the salesperson initially came to take our order he never quoted a price for the cost of the stucco after the put the windows in. we signed the quote he gave us agreed on the price and he would call us for set up time when the windows came in. Windows scheduled for installation and they completed the job after several weeks of canceling on us.. YES, I said several weeks of canceling on us. They FINALLY finished the Job and gave us the bill to pay, which was a lot more than what we had been told or agreed on. the installer said he would have his boss/ the owner call us when he got back to the shop. Never heard from him. I left several messages and dd not get a call back, I got a bill though for the amount that we did not agree on. I had to go to the store and wait for the owner to show up and discuss the bill with him. He was rude and his wife was too. they finally agreed to give me the cost of what I had signed and agreed on, this isn't the end... Two years later I called because on of the screens was broken on the window and needed a replacement. They sent a guy out from Window World to take measurements and he said he would order the screen and it would be in in two weeks. Charge was $50, okay I agreed. Now problem I said. Two weeks comes and they bring the screen to install and it doesn't fit, too small. He takes measurements again and two weeks later it still doesn't fit... LET me tell you, this went on from November of 2010 until August of 2011! They owners wife hung up on me, and they avoided my calls for months! The installer that came the last time to fit the screen on the window didn't even tell us he was at our house. He just showed up put the screen on and left, and it still doesn't fit right! the customer service at Window World in Albuquerque, NM is the worst!

jammer76 Feb 23, 2014

I just recently bought windows from Window World in November of 2013. Upon meeting with thier sales rep I asked for egress windows per local code for the bedrooms and he assured me the windows he ordered would be fine. Due to how busy Window world was I had a loacal contractor install the windows once they were manufactured. 4 out of 14 windows had to be reframed due to poor measurements and they also miscounted the number of windows shorting us one window.
    After having a home inspection we were anable to receive a certificate of ocupancy due to the bedroom windows being to small. Windows Worlds response when I called them was we are sorry we can't help you. I do beleive they make a great window but there customer services is horrible

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices