Westgate Resortsfraud and cheating

Through an owner referral, i rented a weekend at Westgate Resorts Orlando. However, I changed my mind after receiving a better deal through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. I called Westgate to cancel. They told me I had 14 days to cancel from the date I paid for the vacation to get a refund. It had been about 8 weeks. I never received any notices on the phone, in the mail or email stating that I had 14 days to cancel my rental. All I received was an itinerary via the email that stated if I canceled my stay within 14 days of my arrival I would have to forfeit 25 dollars. I tried to file a dispute with my credit card company. Westgate Resorts lied to my credit card company and they decided that I did owe the money. I am very disappointed in their sleazy sales tactics and will pursue this out of principal. I filed a complaint with the Central Florida BBB but have yet to hear from them. I strongly suggest a class action lawsuit against them, they are corrupt and I will advise everybody I know within the military community to stay away from these people.

• Ke
    Ken Oct 10, 2008

We got pressured into buying one of these. They kept the paper that said we had 5 days to cancel so we did not know about the rule. Until I started fighting with them over it. Then magically they send me a copy of that one paper that said it. I am still fighting with them and will not use it. It is a rip off and they know it. I would also cancel my credit card if they believed them and you have proof that you did what was required to. I would ask for a reconsideration from your card company and keep the pressure on. I tell everyone I know not to have anything to do with Westgate. When they call I even argue with the person especially when they ask me for referrals. I tell them I would not even refer people I hate to them. I told them they could have my timeshare back I'll take it in the shorts for the money they stole from us. They even refused that offer. So that should say something right there.

• Su
    Susan Oct 11, 2008

read the comments on this you this you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31trCMcPoRQ&feature=related

• Er
    Erick Mar 11, 2009

A todos les puedo de cir que me arrepiento de haber hecho negocios con westgate resorts, cuando trate de revenderlo me comunique con Century 21 una compania que supuestamente iba a vender my time share. El servicio de vender la unidad me costaria $400.00; luego de enviarlo me comunicaba por telefono con el agente de venta siempre con la excusa - esta en proceso, perdiendo el contacto, el dinero y peor aun viendose afectado mi credito.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices