Wen Hair CareHair loss

T

I purchased this product and after 2 weeks my hair started falling out, let me first say I have no medical issues and this is not normal hair shedding, I didn't connect the hair loss to the wen at first, until a friend said do you think it's the wen, so I googled wen hair loss and there are many women that have had the same reaction, and before some of you wen lovers comment, some women after several months are now having the same results (hair loss), I have contacted the fda and you need to call this number to report it [protected], I went to the wen facebook page and women posting they have hair loss was removed and blocked from commenting, if I would of seen some of these comments my hair would be on my head and not in the trash, it was healthy now it's like straw and brittle, I have stopped using wen over a week now, the hair loss is not as bad, but the damage is done and over half my hair is gone ...please report to the fda and the BBB, don't let them keep selling this to others, save someone from this, wish I had found web sites before I started using it!!!

• Gi
    gizmo*s mom Feb 09, 2016

I have been using all the different wen products for 3 years, every washing, more n more hair falling out, bumps/sores on head and neck, really bad itching, !!! I used to have thick nat. curly hair, now I have really thin flat hair, never once did I think it was the wen products, cuz I loved the soft shiny hair, and believed what chaz said about the good for you shampoo thathe was selling!!! I sure hope he helps all us women/men, help grow our hair back, or stops him from selling this hair remover he calls shampoo!!!

• Ca
    Cathy Long Jan 27, 2016

I have used Wen since May of 2014 and just stopped using it in Dec of 2015. The first time I used it was like wow my hair is so soft then on the second day when I combed through it in the shower I had a handful of hair. I just said to myself this was the dead and damaged hair so I kept using. I liked the way it made my hair feel so I just put up with the hair loss. My hair loss is not as great as some of you like bald spots but handfuls of hair and all over my clothes and pillows. I could run my hand through my hair and have a handful since I stopped using it I no longer have that. I just canceled my account today. Cathy in Pennsylvania

Malisajack Jan 16, 2016

I've been getting WEN for a few years now and noticed that my hair was thinning in some areas, but didn't associate it to WEN because I rarely used it. I have a bald spot in the front of my head and thinning hair in the back. The Dermatologist doesn't know what is causing the hair loss and as long as I was using WEN two or three times each month my hair continued to get thin. Now that I stopped all together the bald spot is still there but isn't spreading. I have a lot of WEN that I haven't used and now I am afraid to use it.

mardg Jan 16, 2016

wen is not a cleanser therefore causes fungus on head which leads to hairloss.bad odor on my head after 3 months of use hair all over me and house found blistering red inflammation at nape of neck hairline travling upward to top of head. now that I have the allergy from the fungus ive realized cannot use shampoos with parafen causes inflammation to reoccur anything without keeps it at bay.they need to be sued and forced to restructure theyre claims.its a conditioner that's all.

• Le
    Leonore E. Conklin Dec 23, 2015

I have used Wen Products for approximately two years. I have found that I am also losing hair during washing and combing. The problem is that I am not a young person and thought that the lose was normal at 70 years old. I have never seen so much lose going on. The positive side is that this product does make my hair soft (including the whites and grays) and is so easy to not have to use two products to do my hair in the shower. I do not have soars on my head nor bald spots yet. I may just return the product that I did just purchase and try to use alternate shampoo and conditioner until the one that is open is finished. I also have had the same thing happening with regular shampoo and conditioners. I also do not color my hair any more so possibly regular shampoo will word again for me.

bettyboopnapa Dec 16, 2015

I'm glad other people had same problem as I did. My scalp broke out, had sores. Hair fell out, got so thin I have to tease and comb over. Yes they sent me refund but doesn't take away from the hair loss. I'm glad I found this out early on and didn't keep using this product. I'm proud of all the women that came forward to stand up for the rest of us.

Wen alopecia Dec 16, 2015

I was using Wen fig formula off and on for a few months while I cared for my parents during their final days. I didn't have much time for myself so Wen seemed to be perfect - quick & complete. Since then I've lost so much hair that I'm now wearing wigs! After thyroid & other lab testing showed normal levels my physician diagnosed slope is areata and recommended dermatologist for steroid injections. I have huge completely bald spots plus thinning everywhere else. Over 3 months I endured very painful injections in my scalp with no results. I just couldn't take that pain and no hair appeared so I chose to stop. Hence the wigs. This had been a terrible experience - I didn't realize what was happening because I was so focused on my parents. When I finally combed my hair while looking back in the mirror I was devastated!! Now I hear about this Wen situation experienced by so may others!! At least I now have an answer - I just hope my hair returns - it has been about 5 months and I'm building a wig wardrobe because I have no hair!! I am so drained by this whole situation and now I see I'm not alone - we Wen users have a lot of hair distress in common.

Comments

Chud Wieland Sep 23, 2015

I am also a X-Wen user. Having all the same problems, HAIR LOSS. I try not to brush my hair because the loss just fills my brush with hair.
    Sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner: I can not find a lot # even with a magnifying glass.
    [email protected]

• Pf
    pfehrman May 28, 2015

Hi everyone, so sorry to hear about your bad experiences with this product. I am a 58 year old retired cosmetologist who went to beauty school when I was just 15 years old. Even back then we were taught about pH levels of the skin, hair, and hair care products. I can't imagine why Chaz indicates in his commercial that his product does not strip natural oils from the hair because we're trained to know that alkaline in a product is what causes the shampoo to lather up; clearly in his commercials the product lathers up. We also are instructed that the alkaline in the product does strip natural oils and body odor but is common in shampoos and the best you can do is to try to hit the 4.5 neutral level. The Redken Corporation in the seventies came out with a shampoo that had a very low alkaline level and as a result did not lather up as customers were used to and therefore customers were not crazy about the product. It wasn't that the product was no good, it's that we, as consumers, are conditioned to expect a soapy lather from our shampoos. And the heavy scents that are often added to the product are not necessarily good for your skin and hair but people expect it. The other thing that surprised me greatly was Chaz adding the round bristle blow dry brush into the package. Very few hair stylists will even use those brushes because they tear the hair apart. I have to wonder about this guy, honestly...is he even a real hairstylist? My recommendation to all of you is to use a tried and true product. It will save you money and heartache in the long run.

• Ro
    rosa luna Apr 07, 2015

I used this product for three month I started to lose hair just by running my finger threw my hair I would have a lots of hairs on my fingers. I stop using it.

sandy girl Apr 06, 2015

I have been using WEN for years. I always thought it was doing something great for my hair.
    As my hair was going down the shower drain I was seeking medical advice for why I was losing it. Was it my thyroid,
    was it menopause, was I deficient in something...was it this, was it that??? All along it was the WEN products.
    I am now wearing extensions to give myself hair again. And we all know extensions are EXPENSIVE and they can be damaging, too. Thank goodness I have an excellent person attending to my hair.

My hair loss started after about 6 months using his products. It was then that my hair was coming out in handfuls each time I would wash. Anyone ever sit on the shower floor crying because you hair went from 100% to about 50% as you watch it go down the drain? This makes me so angry!!! I've thrown out all the WEN I had in my home. Nlow I have to live with thin, brittle, balding hair.

• Dm
    DMHea Apr 05, 2015

I'm stunned! I've been losing hair, too, and thought it must be because I'm 65. I would have never attributed it to the Wen, but it all makes sense now! I was just getting ready to order more until I came across the Complaint Board website and see all the other women who are losing their hair due to the use of Wen products.. Why is Wen still in business? Maybe it's time for class action?

Thank you ladies for getting your complaints open to the public and thank you Complaint Board for being here. Maybe it's not too late to save what's left of my hair!

• Ah
    A Hudd Apr 04, 2015

Wow! I must've been in the dark or just not looked for it. I've always had thick, great hair and after a few weeks of using WEN, I did experience everything I've been reading. First think was kind of a "cradle cap" type that my hair dresser could not figure out but I lost lots of hair during this period and it's never stopped. I'm still losing more than normal hair when washing, etc. Even my hairdresser comments on it. Good think I have thick hair but it's not as thick any more. Can it be fixed? Anyone have any luck? How do you get to be a part of the class action?

jan-o-5 Mar 05, 2015

I have been using Wen for 6 years.. I have not had any bad reactions like listed above.. I guess it depends on the person and how sensitive they are to products...

• Ju
    Judy McDougle Mar 03, 2015

I had started wen and my hair started falling out and I wasn't sure it was the wen, my age, or what. I canceled my shipments since then
    My Daughter started doing hair and has me on Aveda and my hair is growing back and fuller

Sad in IL Sep 02, 2014

I started using Wen in November of 2013 and in the beginning I liked it and thought it was great. My ends were healthier, my color lasted longer and my hair felt so soft but I would always notice what seemed like a lot of hair coming out when I would comb the product through my hair while in the shower. Now I know it is normal to lose hair while your washing it or styling it... they say most people lose about 100 strands a day, But this seemed to be more than normal but I brushed it off thinking that it was just me being paranoid. Flash forward 9 months of using Wen and my hair is noticeably thinner especially my sides and the crown area. I would say I lost half of the volume I had before I started using Wen and that is a lot for me because I didn't have a thick head of hair to start with. My hair has always been fine but I had volume. When my hair is wet my scalp is very visible and I look like I barely have any hair. I too found all the complaints online and decided from that moment on that I would never use that product again. I shampoo my hair every other day sometimes every two days and didn't end up going through the products as fast as they had sent them to me. ( I actually changed my last shipment to every 3 months because I had extra product already at the time.) I now have a lot of unopened product that I can't return because its past the 60 day mark. I'm canceling all future orders with Wen and have started taking Biotin and a multi vitamin as well. My hair stylist recommended I use a reconstructive shampoo for damaged and thinning hair that she swears by. It's sold at Sephora and Nordstrom also sells it. Its called Alterna and it is sulfate free, is made with natural ingredients and is also vegan and doesn't test on animals. I will be trying it and also will be contacting the FDA as well. My advice to anyone who is thinking about trying Wen is DON"T! And for those of you who are currently using it and say you don't have a problem- give it time. I used mine for 9 months and now I'm seeing the damage from using it all these months.

bellsbelle Jul 18, 2014

I had bought several WEN product sets from QVC trying to use more natural, less chemical, non sudsy hair products. I used occasionally, switching with one of my regular shampoos. Over the summer, 2013, I used ONLY WEN products. Sept 2013, I went to my PCP with scalp complaints!!! SORES, COATED SCALP, ITCHING, THINNING HAIR, PAINFUL TO TOUCH KNOTS, INFLAMMATION!!
    I was worried about an abscess! PCP started me on antibiotics and sad to report, I am still on antibiotics and today is July 18, 2014.
    I have seen dermatologist's, Infectious Disease doctors and allergy/immunology doctors for the continued scalp issues. I contacted
    QVC and they refunded me for all the products that I had purchased and told me they had never heard of this problem before and that she used the products herself. I have had extensive lab work, months of antibiotic use, fungal medications, steroid injections, RX shampoos!!! Out $$$, thinning hair, Natural curl gone, missed time at work as a nurse due to scalp issues. This is not near being cleared up either.
    I guess I will need to contact QVC, WEN and FDA as well.
    I'm sick and tired!!
    Debbie R.N.. bellsbelle

• Pi
    PigletsMema Apr 01, 2014

I too have been using WEN for about 2 years my Hair color stayed in longer and not washing out, that was great. I lost hair thinking it was do to stress. My crown and sides of my hair started to lost hair my comb was always filled with hair, when in the shower my drain was always filled with my hair. I went to all kinds of Dr's and they couldn't tell me anything or tell me why? I was told in a Hair show in the city about all the trouble other people where having losing their hair and stop using the product and go on the PC and look it up and call the FDA. So here I am doing it. I stop using WEN and hoping my hair will grow back my daughter is getting married in Oct so it better be back .

• Ha
    happytjc Feb 22, 2014

I had been using WEN for 2 years because my dyed root color would stay longer and not wash out. I lost so much hair but I attributed it to stress. The top of my hair got so thin I had to do a comb over and even that was not working. My shower drain has gotten plugged 3 times this year from hair loss which had never happened in the last 10 previous years. My boyfriend told me he saw an article on WEN causing hair loss which I had never heard before. I am stopping WEN today and pray my hair grows back.

• Th
    THANKS TO AYURVEDA Jan 17, 2014

HRP IN AP
    HAIR RE-GROWTH PRODUCT IN AP
    wish u happy new year for all peoples
    in INDIA
    we are introdusing words first Hair
    Regrowth Product with low cost and
    200% money back guareentee also.
    1.we are honestly marketed . no
    gimmecks
    2.No false promises
    3.100% risk free
    4.10 days money back guareentee
    our HRP in AP Hair Regrowth Product
    300% better thencommonly used drugs.
    such as minoidol, rogain, and other
    hair
    growth products and 500% cheaper
    then other hair growth product. HRP in
    AP is a only product which target
    almost all reasons hair fall and proven
    stop hair loss and to regrow hair even
    on bald patches if the follicle is not
    entirely dead
    IF U NOT SATISFIED USING OUR HRP IN
    AP PRODUCT
    WE DONT ASK NEXT QUATIONS WE GIVE
    U 10 DAYS FULL MONEY BACK
    GUAREENTEE.
    CALL FOR ORDER: 91 [protected]

wenless Dec 31, 2013

Same happened to me. Hair would not do any thing, dry brittle and ruined when I stopped using it because my hair was falling out in handfuls. My scalp now flakes, itches nonstop. Never had that before WEN. EVER!!! Do not buy this stuff! too many of us reporting it, and many maybe not realizing it was the WEN. Horrible product for me. Why risk to see if it will make yours fall out? It is not cheap, and really way too many reporting it for it to be isolated and rare occurrence.

WEN VICTIM FROM LONG ISLAND Aug 27, 2013

I had the exact same problem with Wen. I started using it in January 2013 and within 1 month started experiencing significant hair loss.
    In addition to the hair loss Wen made my very curly hair straight and limp. I did not put 2 and 2 together until early May and stopped using Wen but by then there was a lot of damage done, I must have lost 1/3 of my hair and what ever was left was limp and straight.
    I made a complaint to the FDA who sent a field rep to my house to take a deposition from me and to collect any Wen product I had.
    I have been to both my general physician and dermatologist who say there is no medical reason for this hair loss. The dermatologist thinks that my hair follicles have been clogged with ingredients contained in Wen and so does the FDA.
    Wen or their insurance carrier does not seem to take these complaints very seriously but the FDA is.
    It has been almost 4 months since I stopped using Wen, I shampoo and condition with Nioxin and take Biotin and Multivitamins daily and my hair is just starting to come back.
    I have been so depressed and enraged over this at the same time.
    Complain to the FDA, QVC and WEN, tell anyone who will listen not to use Wen and if I find a law firm who is willing to take Wen on in a class action suit I will post and let you know.
    I am soooo sorry ladies and I pray our hair grows back!

• Er
    Ericlor Jul 31, 2013

I started using Wen at the end of April 2013 and my hair never felt or looked better/thicker/softer. It is now the end of July and I have lost more then 2/3 of my hair. There is no medical reason why my hair would be falling out. Loved the extra trips to the docs and the extra money spent there. Then I did a search on Wen and hair loss... Be careful is all I can say about this product. I have yet to find out if going back to a shampoo and hair care line I used before will grow my hair back. If I have to spend the rest of my life wearing hats I will be devastated by this. I have been crying everyday for weeks.

• De
    Deanm May 18, 2013

I started using wen when my co worker came back from Afghanistan and she said she ordered lots of bottles of wen. I told her that I have seen the infomercials about Wen and she gave me a couple of bottles to try. My hair has fallen out in places that I now need to use extensions to go out in public . My regular hair stylist told me to stop using wen because her cousin told her that it makes your hair fall out, I didn't believe her until now. I can't believe the leadership at wen are not telling people to stop using their products . My hair use to be beautiful, now I am embarrassed to go out in public.

JOJO789 Apr 14, 2013

Thank you all for your post and information. I was just going to order the trial set ...NO WAY Now . Glad I checked out the complaints and reviews first. Thanks again and hope your hair has recovered since your post.

mardg Mar 09, 2013

i agree same issue started using wen hair started to fall out break off an massive split ends bad rash at back of head sore bumps receeding hairline. god help all of us hope it returns to normal someday

• Th
    THE ANGEL Dec 21, 2012

I have used top quality shampoos and conditioners without the nasty parabens and SLS sodium lauryl sulfate which is in most chemist shampoos you might as well use ecover washing up liquid. WEn is a great product if used correctly can improve the condition of your hair I found it fantastic and actually not stripping the hair and scalp of natural oils actually when washing with wen i lost less hair GREAT PRODUCT WITH GREAT RESULTS

• Ge
    gerib Dec 12, 2012

I purchase the Wen also and my husband kept complaining about the sinks clogging and the hair that you would find everywhere.. I thought of course well I had not noticed the clogs... and then one day... I was brushing my hair in the front of the mirror and I saw something white... Like a flash of light on my head.. Now it had only been maybe one month since I started using Wen. I looked closer in the mirrow and lifted my hair and OMG.. there was the biggest bald spot... I had thick hair... and I had noticed that it looked flatter but seemed like it was more tangled in the mornings and late in the day... I threw that Wen straight into the garbage... That was the only factor that made any sense... My doctor said that there was no reason for me to lose that much hair.. Would I recommend Wen.. HECK NO... ATTACHED IS PHOTO ... I noticed alot of hair in my vacuum also when you would walk barefooted in the house you would feel hair on your feet... hair on the counter, hair in the food... hair traveling down your back under your shirt...

• Es
    Esponedas Nov 09, 2012

My husband and I used Wen. After using it for 2 weeks, my husband's hair began to fall out in clumps. We got terribly concerned. He stopped using the product, and we booked an appointment with a dermatologist. The doctor said he had a bad reaction to the product and recommended Rogaine. So, not to worry...it will grow back.

bettie bratton Jan 05, 2012

wow, thank you for all your post. i was just about to purchase this product and i am so glad i read this. i am so tired of people scamming others for a buck. i am a firm believer if it sounds like something to good to be true, it usually is. everyone is out for a buck no matter the cost. i use dove products and have for years and i love them and they are reasonable in price. i am so sorry to you women who got scammed. thank you for letting others know. Bettie in Oregon

myrv Dec 11, 2011

Hi: Can anyone who still has containers of this WEN product, post a list of ingredients here. Thanks

Please file a complaint at [redacted] DOT COM

myrv Dec 11, 2011

Please all affected by WEN go to /link removed/ and place a complaint there.
    Also start taking Vit. D3 2, 000 IU's dalily to regrow your hair. I had hair loss from stress, menopause and other reasons for years and started to take the D3 and most hair loss has stopped and hair is regrowing.

• Tl
    tlc35760 Nov 07, 2011

Thanks eflkin

• Tl
    tlc35760 Nov 07, 2011

well apparently they hadn't checked their face book in a while that's how I seen comments of other women with hair loss, I even became a friend of them on face book, but when I started posting about my hair loss everyday to let people know what I am going through they erased all comments of me and the other ladies and we can no longer post anything on that web site, so this is why I posted on this web site to let people know, some people just say well I learned a lesson, not me I am mad, I had beautiful long hair and it's have gone and dry and brittle! They have no warning on their shampoo and I am not assuming things, I know what screwed my hair up it was right away 2 weeks to be exact!!! But I never connected the two.