ADVERTISIMENT

Welcome Financeaccepted for loan then nothing

I went through an online loan company which searches for loans and passes on details etc. I received a phone call from Welcome finance which after a lengthy discussion was told i had been approved. They sent out a pack for me to fill in and send back with bank statements and a copy of my passport etc.
Was told the money would be in my back within 10 days.
That was nearly 3 months ago and despite sending them numerous emails and letters, and faxes have heard nothing back from them.
I am now in financial difficulty as a result of spending money i couldn't afford as i thought i would have £2, 000 in my bank within 10 days.

sallie Apr 28, 2009

Oh my wod I have never had so much trouble with anyone in my life like I have with Welcome Finance. We applied for a consolidation loan in November and they sent us the forms and we sent them back but then we had a call saying they were no longer doing loans due to the current "credit crunch" climate. OK we thought we'll leave it til after Christmas and apply elsewhere but we got a call in Feb asking us if we were still interested in having a loan and we said yes! we were (brill!) so we' were sent out some forms again and started the ball rolling again only to have the forms get sent back after not sighing something then there was another form which we scanned and emailed back which we apparently hadnt signed either fair enough, easy mistake to make seeing as they send out so much crap to sign.. Then we waited and waited and were told that on the 9th of April we were "ok to pay" after that you are supposed to recieve the cheque. We didnt then I got told they dont send chqs they use bacs then they said no you do get a chq and it'll be in next couple of days.. They said this (and are still saying this) everyday for the last week or two. As per THEIR database the chq was DISPERSED on the 22nd April (nearly a week ago!) meanwhile the people we owe money too are getting quite peeved with us and think we are fobbing them off all because WF cant send out a chuffing cheque!!! whats the problem???!!! Anyway, still no cheque and I'm about to collate all my telephone call conversations I have had with them and complain - unsure what this will actually achieve to be honest but it'll make me feel better to get it off my chest and it'll let them know how ### they are as a company. Wish I could go elsewhere but theyre only loan co we could find that would lend us the amount we need :-(

• skintmumofone Mar 29, 2009

If I had known what I know now I wouldnt have taken a loan out with WF they are just a shower of cheating and arrogant swines.

PLease dont go near them if you are in difficulty speak to the CCCS they are great or Think Money Group they are fab.

• Pi
    Pincat85 Feb 04, 2009

I am now having the same problem, I already have a loan with them and upgraded to another loan now 4 weeks on I have not recieved any funding and they claim it is an IT fault yet on one is able to identify the issue and rectify it.
    Can I ask how yours went and weather you got the loan? as I have made a complaint but no response and continue to beat around the bush.

Claire