Webwatcherno refund

I've always had trouble with WebWatcher. I wanted some software to block ***.It Never worked well and is difficult, also support stinks. I tried an Upgrade for $46.95 and it was a disaster. I called to cancel the same day. Well within their generous 5 day trial. I was told to send trouble ticket and did so twice actually. I have called, E-mailed, chat line, etc... No refund!!! I put in a complaint with BBB (Better Business Bureau). So I am tiring from this battle for my refund, but will continue. I will not go down without a fight. Also they are expensive.

Jul 25, 2008

We show no listing in our database for the name of the person here.

There is no upgrade for the price quoted. If they were within the refund period, we would have issued it according to our policy located at www.awarenesstech.com/refundpolicy.html.

Our support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is always free and unlimited. We even have remote techs available who can connect to the customer's computer, diagnose and fix any issues instantly.

I have sent an email to this person and will personally assist them with their issues, if in fact they are a customer.

Andrew Wells
    Vice President, Consumer Sales
    www.webwatchernow.com
    www.laptopcopsoftware.com

Aug 25, 2008

purchased 3.0 and get an error after year use Compilation Error
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'mv' does not exist in the current context. In the FAQ they claim there is no need to upgrade, ever but am told I need to upgrade...there crooks.

• V
      Mar 16, 2009

Awareness Technologies is a total scam. Their software is terrible. They fix one thing and break many other things. The web interface is constantly changing and is ALWAYS filled with useless and unusable features and bugs. The software is NOT secure despite them telling you it uses 128-bit "bank standard" encryption, whatever the heck that means. If they mean https, that's crap and it's not secure as the data isn't encrypted at the system level! Above and beyond that, the software is filled with memory leaks, freezes up my computer and even caused me to reformat my system.

Oh, and the company's method of telling you it's free for a lifetime one year, then telling you that you have to pay for upgrades the next year is a total scam. I spoke with some tech guy named Rick or Rich, he was unbelievably impatient and rude. I've had it to my neck with their company and software.

The software is a piece of ###. I agree with the poster.

Mar 16, 2009

I have not had an issue with the software. My computer works as normal and the software is totally invisible.

Yes, they do change the web interface now and then, but that is no big deal to me.

Seem the product works as advertised for me.

I have no experience with the tech support as I have not needed it.

• F
      Jun 22, 2009

New user of Webwatcher; the keystroke feature is unreliable and seems to stop working at critical periods. The Chat help simply regurgitates scripts about a governor being used to delay transmission, but I have large gaps in my log. When you try to get help, they say you must be at the target machine which is not always practical. When you ask them to check their servers and refresh the data sent to your machine in the hope of finding missing keystrokes, they tell you they "can't" which is BS, they simply don't want to.

Otherwise, seems to work as advertised.

Jul 28, 2009

Let me start out by saying that this "software" is CRAP!

Maybe the features do work in an ideal situation, but only a fraction(if any) users have such a situation.

I have yet to find an antivirus program that doesn't immediately remove Webwatcher immediately.

I agree 100% with the poster.

• M
      Feb 25, 2010

I purchased WebWatcher back in late 2008. Their site stated VERY CLEARLY that for a ONE TIME PAYMENT OF $106.95 US Dollars would get you LIFETIME use with no extra charges.

Now I am told I need to pay for upgrades constantly and soon my purchase of 5.0 will stop working completely unless I upgrade. What happened to the ONE TIME CHARGE for LIFETIME usage?

This company is a scam. They attempt to lure you in and then charge extra for upgrades. Upgrades that are called for at least 2 or 3 times a month it seems. THAT IS CRAZY and not good business sense to OUTRIGHT LIE and not abide by their contract which I went into with good faith.

May 05, 2010

Personally, I have had ENOUGH with this upgrades scam. Every year or so "Just pay $70 to upgrade"! What's this? I already spent $100 on what was supposed to be a LIFETIME product. They act as if these are just upgrades. Of course, they are not really upgrades when another email comes by with "We no longer support your version". Basically the company uses them as a subscription.
    Even if you spend $100 and $70 per year, this program is detected with standard antivirus. No wonder, though, since it is essentially a ROOTKIT.

• W
      Apr 03, 2012

I bought webwatcher one year ago. It did not work with MSN 2011, so I had to downgrade MSN to use it. It worked to some extend, but it only recorded fragments of MSN conversations.

Now, after one year my license suddenly expired. I asked them why, because they sold me a lifetime basic license when I bought it. No answer, other than that they confirm that my license has expired. They changed the license policy from lifetime to one year after I bought the product. You can still find the old license policy on some sites when you google for "webwatcher license" .

e.g. Q. Are there yearly renewal fees? A. No. Once you purchase WebWatcher it's yours for life.

I call this a scam. They cannot change the license terms after they sold the product. They can for new customers, but then they need to make a clear statement that the product is sold with a one year license. When you buy webwatcher from their website, there is no license information whatsoever that states that the $97 is only good for one year.

I would not recommend this product to anyone. I agree that their strategy is to lure people in and then charge them with unexpected charges to keep it working.

• S
      Jul 08, 2016

Used their services years ago and recently learned that for the past three year, 2014, 2015 and 2016 they have been charging me. I got my money for 2016. However, when called and asked for refunds for 2014 and 2015, their customer service supervisor was rude and not helpful whatsoever. I cannot delete my credit card info and deactivate my account. Their customer service lacks service and keeps referring me to writing email to [protected]@webwatcher.com. What support?

• R
      Nov 03, 2017

Webwatcher stopped working immediately after the free trial. We repeatedly asked Webwatcher to offer a refund as the software did NOT work. They continued to claim it did work. I understand not offering a refund for a functioning product but after a week it didn't work. It missed so many things, continued to post text over and over at least 5 times, and was not updating new text. Just days after this we asked for a refund. They went so far as to not offer a refund after we even filed a claim with our credit card company. Had they been great with customer service we would have been alright with it, but for 99 dollars they fought tooth and nail and continued to say our software works. I would not recommend this software even if they fix the glitches as my interaction was not pleasant.

• R
      Aug 15, 2018
    WebWatcher - WebCrawler

I am very happy with the DarkWeb solutions company, I was able to get a fresh crawler they built for me, it was able to monitor multiple people. Look nowhere else guys, its the real deal! D a r k w e b s o l u t I o n s . c o.

• L
      Aug 20, 2018
    Webwatcher.com - Billing, service, tech support, all of it
    Lockport
    New York
    Webwatcher.com

Billing policy deliberately set up to trick you into paying for service you do not want. Refused to refund the money. Service was bad, tech support bad, not worth the money. Use any other company if you need web monitoring . Do not use Webwatcher.

• D
      Aug 20, 2018
    WebWatcher - Complete joke
    Ormond Beach
    Florida

They claim it is completely invisible first off. It is not. Even have their rep telling me it isn't and they are still trying to denied refund. I have disputed my American Express. I am sure Alex will stand behind me with the pictures I have. Don't waste your money. Or the stress of dealing with this useless company

Aug 21, 2018
    WebWatcher - The Spy Monitoring not working

I tried using the $39.99 monthly subscription but it did not work. Found out the company is a faux. A friend recommend i try a Hack Expert who once helped hack spouse phone during Relationship crises. they call him Digitalhack10
    its a gmail account . you also could try it

Aug 22, 2018

Stay away from this scam. not worth the trouble and they won't refund your money.

• K
      Aug 30, 2018

Signed up for their “FREE TRIAL OFFER”, notified the company within the 72 hour time limit to cancel my subscription. Not enough information was given prior to subscribing to the service as to what is involved in setting up/connecting the devices to know that this was not going to work for me. Customer service basically said, to bad. Their refund policy exceptions basically say that there is NO POSSIBLE WAY YOU ARE GOING TO RECEIVE A REFUND FROM THIS COMPANY! You try to call the company and ask to speak with a manager and they leave you on hold until you are so frustrated you finally hang up. I just threw away $130. After this post; I’m heading to the Better Business Bureau!

Sep 02, 2018
    Webwatcher - Webwatcher app

After paying $129.00 webwatcher has stopped working completely. Nothing is recorded. No activity. Extremely upset. No one will respond to my emails. I want the problem fixed or a refund

• K
      Oct 15, 2018
    Webwatcher - Tooo slow webpage

Site to see recordet data is to slow. If they let you in after log-in attempt...

Feb 11, 2019
    Webwatcher - Webwatcher
    Searcy
    Arkansas
    Webwatcher.com

I am a 32 year old woman and this webwatcher monitor system has installed on my phone illegally without my permission or knowledge! I just found it today! I want to know who put it there right now this is not right I am not a child and am very angry about it! I am being illegally monitored! Please contact me back asap at [protected]@gmail.com .!!!

Feb 25, 2019
    Webwatcher - Refund not given

I signed up for the product thinking it would fulfill my needs. Contacted tech support immediately and was told it would not do what I needed. Was promised via chat tech support that I would not be charged past trial period and guess what? Checking account charged and company refuses to refund. Poor Poor Customer Service. Highway Robbery!

Apr 15, 2019
    Webwatcher - web watcher

I signed up for the Risk Free Trial and within just a few minutes my credit card was immediately charged twice the same day, one rot $39.95 and second one 59.95.
    I did not realize this until next month I see my credit card bill statement. I choose to dispute those transactions, still waiting how is going to be resolved.

• M
      Jul 28, 2019
    Webwatcher - Computer software

They took my money and didnt give me a service.
    I want my money back please.
    I tried 4 times to get my refund and there is no justice.

Jan 13, 2020
    Webwatcher - Web watchers

They are ripping people off they don't give you a free trial at all they take money right out your account in stalled web watchers but when they took money off my credit card I uninstalled it so I need my money back on my credit card asap. I didn't use this product at all if anybody tries this it's not worth it

Jan 20, 2020
    Webwatchers - I did not make this account

my name is Crystal Waters I don't understand why this was charged to my phone I do have bank statement stating that it was charged to my debit card I have online banking I do not need or nor have I ever gotten something like this as a site I'm reporting this