Webbank / BMLInquiry on my credit report / negative to me

This company checked out my credit on 7/2/11 This shows on my credit report.
They had no right checking my credit and I want to know who I can report this to.
This is a negative on my credit report.
I never applied for anything that would give them the right to check me out.
The phone number provided is no longer in service.
These people need to be investigated for fraudulent activities.
I plan to take this as far as necessary and will find out who is snooping into my personal credit history.

• Ha
    HARD CREDIT CHECK Mar 03, 2014

Webbank/bml did a hard credit check that shows on my credit report i would like to know y this was done withiout me knowing this was being done i want this of my report can some one tell me what i have to do this was done on 2/17/2014

• Oj
    ojvat Feb 01, 2014

I also got a report from my identify report stating a hard inquiry pulled a copy of my credit report — what is this i have not applied for loan or credit check nothing i checked my credit card and no charges was made on jan.22-2014 can you clarify this, what should i do

Oleta

• Me
    MECamden Jan 12, 2013

Webbank/bml did a credit check on me as well. It turns out someone fraudulently opened a BillMeLater account and bought a cell phone in my name...if they can check your credit, they have your social security number. File an identity theft complaint with the FTC, and your local police, but an credit alert in your name on the credit reporting agencies. Be sure to call BillMelater and have them close the account and file a disputed charge claim, they will investigate, or so they told me...

• Ba
    baffeledin FL Sep 02, 2012

I got a notification from my credit monitoring company showing an inquiry from webbank/bml. I did buy something through paypal bill me later, but it was a small purchase and I was never checked before when i used them, I have used them several times in the past. I called the number to find out what this inquiry is and the phone number is disconnected. Why would a legitimate company not have a working number listed in a inquiry that just happened 3 days ago, And why is the name of the company not something that a customer can recognize?

• Fe
    fed down Aug 10, 2012

I just discovered that I too have had my credit reports dinged ( twice) with inquiries from BML. I have never even tried to use the account. I went to their website to complain and immediately close that useless paypal "service" only to find that, although its 'oh so easy' to open an account online, it is IMPOSSIBLE to close it online!

In order to close it you MUST call and speak to a "representative". In other-words, I should prepare to hear some pointless reasons as to why I should "think twice" before dumping this scam of a "service". At this point I think I'll probably dump my PayPal account too.

I've heard closing an account can sometimes be a negative on a credit report, as ridiculous as that sounds. At least closing can only ding me once, whereas leaving it open means they will continue to ding me every year with their pointless annual "Inquiry".

Mark Mitchum Jun 28, 2012

A hard inquiry was made on my credit without my permission. I would like this removed from my credit report

• Co
    conchambassador Apr 24, 2012

This company checked my credit without my consent. Does anyone know how to get this inquiry off my credit report?

• 93
    932386 Apr 17, 2012

I dont know thits not good at all with this mf's, i have no idea how they get my info, i will call every one tomorrow to see whts the end of this story with this mf's.

An_LA Apr 08, 2012

please helpppp what i have to do?i have same problem . can we report FBI for this? if yes how can we?

• Sc
    Scooter_Chick Mar 29, 2012

I just put a lock on my credit because I thought someone had stolen my identity. I received a bill from Bill Me later for $250 from Walmart.com. I never shopped there. Aftr seeing thses postes, I wonder if Bill Me Later is up to fraudulent stuff. Something isn't sitting right with me.

MADATBANKS Mar 25, 2012

Piece of crapcompany, you are ruining my credit and i never use paypal you stupid mf's!!! Im reporting you to the fbi online complaint. You sob mess with the wrong person.

• Df
    dfly3770 Mar 21, 2012

The charge and the amount have not shown up on my credit report, only the initial inquiry by WEBBANK/BML. to my credit report is showing up(I have determined that these are the folks associated with Bill Me Later) or BML for short). The amount charge, I filed a fraudulent account with BML and am awaiting the results. They have assured me I will not be responsible for the $120 that was billed to the account. I'll keep you posted. The contact info for BML is [protected].

• Ya
    yankeegirlvt Mar 21, 2012

I have the same problem. Today I got my credit report and it's still being reported and have found no way to contact this company to have it removed. I sent a dispute today and I hope it is removed from my credit report :(

• Df
    dfly3770 Mar 01, 2012

d1dj4u, I got a bill me later statement this month for purchases made back in december 2011. I called the company to see what the heck was going on because though I have a pay pal account, i have never signed up for bill me later. They verified my name, social security number, home address but had my old home phone and the email on file was not mine. Additionally, I did not recognize the tag name of the purchaser (arthur, hopkins6868). They concluded that the account was opened frauduently and referred it to that dept. I put a fraud alert on my credit report and wheni pulled a copy of my experian report, I saw an inquiry on the exact day of the bill me later purchase from WEBBANK/BML. I googled the name and up popped bill me later. And it also brought me to this blog. I'm going to contact my local action team with our local team. They investigate things like this. Thanks for posting your info. You helped me realize how serious this really is.

• D1
    d1dj4u Feb 28, 2012

west bank/bml gave me bad credit report and says I owe them money and I did not for fill my payment obligation. I have not made any purchase at all. Pay Pal did tell me about Bill me later program and said that they would send me some more information though email. When I ask them what is it about. They told me that certain company's will except BML when you purchase something through pay pal. I never received any email on this because I was not interest in it. I was only curious because I have a netflix account and I know that they do not except it. Who ever this company is. They are checking my credit report and also charging for it with out authorization from me. Some how they got my information from pay pal. I am very upset. I have been trying to straighten my credit report because I was a victim of Identity theft and I do pay a company for this through my bank. They are the ones who sent me the alert that West Bank/Bml reported me as not paying them money. This is a scam and I can not believe that no one has close this company down from what I read in complaints. I also received a notice that some one did a back ground check on me through public records. I think that is how this company was able to obtain information on me. They got my driver licence number, my social security card, My address and home phone and all public records on me. This company is stealing Identity's and writing up charges and accounts that do not exist in your name. What got me thinking is how did they know that I ask question about it to pay pal. There is a leak at pay pal I think too.

• Nl
    nlmnn04 Feb 06, 2012

I have not purchased anything recently using PaPal or BML, but on 2/4/12 I have a posting where they ran a check on my credit report. I agree...that's a negative on my account!!!

• Er
    Eric54 Feb 03, 2012

Have used BillMe Later many times in the past and never had an inquiry show up. But I used them just the other day to order an oven part on-line and bingo they do now. Must be from the PayPal thing it is now involved with. Had no idea who or what WEBBANK/BML was when I got the alert, makes sense now ( /BML)= Bill Me Later

• Ru
    rudeboi131 Dec 12, 2011

the company that is pulling your credit information is paypal or billme later. I have the samething on my credit report. So if you did any online purchase via anysite using billmelater, they have pulled your credit report. My best advice to you is do some research first to make sure that you have all your ducks in a row.

• Si
    Simon Niekerk Dec 03, 2011

This company checked out my credit on 12/02/11 This shows on my credit report.
    This is a negative on my credit report.
    I never applied for anything that would give them the right to check me...