Wc *value Plus - Vcharged my account; never signed up for anything from them

J

I noticed an unfamiliar charge of $19.95 to my bank account for "WC *VALUE PLUS-V [protected] MN ". I called the number and was told that I was calling membership services and that all calls would be recorded for quality assurance purposes. As I was waiting to talk to a representative, a recorded voice told me that if I wanted to cancel, I could go to their website (https://www.programstop.com/index.html). Just as I got the website, a representative came on the phone. At first she couldn't find my information, but then she said she canceled my account. I had to ask her to refund the last charge, but she wasn't authorized to refund any other past charges. She couldn't tell me how I got signed up for their services--apparently they're a consumer service program that gives discounts and coupons, but she couldn't tell me how I signed up for this "service". Also, I've never received any discounts or coupons because of this. I smell scam. At least it wasn't hard to cancel. We'll see if that refund comes through.

• Ge
    Gerald Chamberlain Mar 23, 2008

I keep calling and can, t get them to send my money back.Never heard of this place and don't know how or why i was charged is [protected]. They have the volume on the phone so low you get frustrated just talking to them.

Jack Boyles Apr 23, 2008

Unauthorized withdrawal from checking account. I was told by them that it is because an online survey was filled out. They say they will send me a refund form. I'll believe it when i see it.

Sandra Clark May 27, 2008

I found a charge for $19.95 on my account. I called the 800 number and explained that I had not authorized this charge. The person said she would cancel it. This is 3 weeks later and I still do not have a refund. I have never heard of this company. I need that money credited to my account. When I now call the 800 number it directed me to this website claiming it's their website.

• Jh
    Jhun Jul 16, 2008

unauthorized charge of $ 16.95 in my credit card, transaction was
    done on july 14 of 2008 and as far as remember my last purchase
    that i had w/ my credit card was on july 12 '08 and this is clearly
    full of ### scam. how come the authorities are not tracking this
    company. I called them and someone really answered me, i ask them how and why they charged me w/o my authorization and they can't really detailed they're answers to all my questions, you will know if the person is not telling the truth, they think before
    they answer you.

• Me
    Melissa Aug 06, 2008

I noticed i have been charged $16.95 without my consent a handful of times. I shop online on a regular and thought the charges were that of something i may have purchased, but as i saw the charges repeat each month around the same time i knew i was had to act. I googled the name that appeared on my card and sure enough found this site that had other people with the exact same experiance. I immediately called the bank and they cancelled my card and are sending me documents for disputing the charges. I am furious!! Hope it will all work out and i get my money back. I work hard for my momey as i am sure you all do too!!

• Ba
    Barrett Jarabek Sep 06, 2008

unauthorized charges to bank account twice for the total amount of $33.90

The Better Business Bureau and the South Dakota Banking Commission have been notified of the fraud.

• Al
    Allison Roberman Sep 19, 2008

THIS COMPANY IS CHARGING MY ACCOUNT A MONTHLY FEE OF $16.95 THAT IS UNAUTHORIZED AND NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED. I WAS CHECKING MY ACCOUNT STATEMENT AND FOUND THAT IT HAS BEEN CHARGING THIS AMOUNT FOR AT LEAST 4 MONTHS I DO NOT WANT IT TO CONTINUE PLEASE HELP

• Ro
    Ronald Dell Sep 23, 2008

WC *VALUE PLUS-V has done the same thing to me.

• Sc
    Scott Sep 29, 2008

I noticed a charge of $16.95 to my account from this B.S. Company whoever they are. I called the
    [protected] number and couldn't get a straight answer from the lying woman there on how they got my information and what this charge is for other than she said for some kind of B.S. membership. I threatened her with a lawsuit if they didn't refund my money and lose my information. All I can do now is wait a few days to see if this is refunded and if not I think a whole lot of us should file a Lawsuit against these A- -holes !

mark pinto Oct 02, 2008

I saw this charge, which I ABSOLUTELY never authorized, never requested. When I called the 800 number, the girl said she was happy "an ancillary company offered me a discount or service at a discount and this was the charge for that". To which I can only respond that she is reciting a polished script designed to befuddle the majority of "customers". In other words, I am confident that they figure that after hearing this BS, most of us will say..."Oh thanks!"

My charge was for 14.99 and I notice in other complaints that there are different charges. They are getting as much as they can out of this scam.

PLEASE BUST them!

• La
    Laurie Oct 02, 2008

It could have been an internet retailer offering money off your current order - just complete the survey and you are signed up.
    It could have been very small print with a prechecked check box that you missed as you cashed out.

Although not completing the survey or unchecking that box is no guarantee that you WILL NOT BE signed up anyway

It could be your Credit card company too.

No one wants these worthless membership programs so they work with internet retailers and credit card companies to sign you up without your consent. They hope you do not notice.

• El
    Elwyn Bilson Oct 12, 2008

You charged $16.95 on my credit card and I didn't authorize you to do it. I didn't authorize you to do this and I want you to have it removed immediately or I will turn this fraudulant charge over to the Kansas attorney generals office.

Anthony Mason Oct 13, 2008

never heard of your company mush less ever asked for your product. You have sent my account into major overdraft and I have found you out and sent a dispute into my bank. All incurred overdraft fees will be on your company. I have no idwa who your company is and never asked for your product. Thanks now I know who was tring to defaurd me.I don't know how you got my card number, But I expect my bank will take care of this.
    You have been notified. 10/13/08 8:55

• Lo
    Lori Oct 15, 2008

Never ordered anything from this company nor heard of them. Found the charge 4 days after it went onto my account and didn't recognize it. Thought I may have purchased something for my sister's wedding which had just passed. Decided to google the name and found out about all these scams from you nice people. Immediately called the bank and made my Visa card hot and cancelled it. The bank advised me not to try to call them for my money back but to come in and fill out an affidavit about the incident and said they would reimburse me and go after them themselves. I encourage everyone to do this and to then contact the BBB and the local authorities to try to get these people caught and put away for stealing and fraud.

• Ka
    Kay Henn Nov 06, 2008

This company placed a charge on my Capital VISA card for $16.00. I did not authorize or sign for this charge. When I called they never did tell me what their company was all about. They said the charge would be removed but that hasen't happened as yet.

• Do
    dolores Nov 08, 2008

I am wondering why these scams are being permitted to take place. I am trying to lower my credit cards but if scams are still being permitted how can we ever lower the economy costs

• Sh
    sheila moore Nov 13, 2008

I have been charged x2 in the same week for something from this company not even knowing what its for also another comapany associated with the same company charged me also in the amount of 79.00 x2 first charge went through second charge was declined

Joanie Nov 23, 2008

I was charged $16.95 for nothing and I will call my bank and have this amount deducted along with their name as a flag.

• Wi
    willow Dec 03, 2008

I have had a charge of 19.95 taken out twice this week. I was also charged an overdraft fee of 29.00. I lost my job in July so my money is on an extreme budget. This is approximately 70.00 in one week. My unemployment is 300.00 a week. This is devastating to me. I know 70.00 isn't a big amount but when it is almost 1/3 of your weeks income it is. I also called and have no clue how i ended up in this mess. I would like anyone who is considering filling a lawsuit against this company to please let me in.

• Am
    Amol Ahiwar Jan 04, 2009

Every month $14.95 are taken out as ACh transcation from my checking bank account under description WC *VALUE PLUS-V. I want this to be stopped and my all money back refunded ASAP. Please advice how this can be done?

Angeldoll Feb 27, 2009

took money out of my checking account with out my knowledge in the amount of $16.95 I called the number but got no answer and left a message that they need to put it back and that I am on fixed income and can barley pay my bills with out them messing me up.

• La
    Laura Heddle Apr 29, 2012

I want to cancel my Value-plus account and will call Monday April 30 12 to make sure I am cancelled out. Laura Heddle