Having problems with Waypoint Homes?

Waypoint Homes reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 18, 2012. The latest review lease renewal was posted on Oct 13, 2017. The latest complaint lease renewal was resolved on Oct 13, 2017. Waypoint Homes has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 42 reviews. Waypoint Homes has resolved 20 complaints.

Waypoint Homes Customer Service Contacts

+1 855 224 5484 (Customer Service)
+1 888 330 4969 (Maintenance)
1999 Harrison Street 24th Floor

+1 866 990 2441

Dallas
524 East Lamar Blvd, Suite 120, Arlington, TX 76011
+1 888 571 9548

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Waypoint Homes Customer Service. Initial Waypoint Homes complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Waypoint Homes above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Waypoint Homes. Discuss the issues you have had with Waypoint Homes and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Waypoint Homes Complaints & Reviews

Waypoint Homes — lease renewal

I’ve been attempting to speak with my renewal lease coordinator for 3 weeks now. I’ve recently been asked to...

Waypoint Homes — security deposit thieves

My name is James, I have a family of 3. I have my fiancé and her (my lol) 13 yr old daughter. Our daughter i...

Waypoint Homescompany doesn't deliver on promises, incredibly poor customer service

I will never again rent from Waypoint Homes!! First, I was promised that an issue would be taken care of before I signed the lease ("we will do everything we can to make it right"), then after I sign the lease lo and behold everyone is giving me the run around. I open a service request, they send someone who BLATANTLY lies to my face telling me he can't "see the problem", tells me the manager will call in to see what to do next, and of course they just close my service request!! I'm losing the utility of an ENTIRE BEDROOM because of your poor management and broken promises.

On top of that, I found issues with the home within the first month of living here, so I reported them. These idiots tell me the house was rented "as is." Oh yes, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was supposed to notify you prior to moving in about issues that there was no way I could've known about before living here. After I leave, these issues will remain because I'm not spending any money on problems that were existent prior to my move-in. I have them very-well documented and you will still have to deal with them.

If you're not in a lease yet, take my advice and look elsewhere. This is such a poorly run company; I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. I will NEVER again rent from these jokers.

• Waypoint Homes's response · Aug 17, 2017

We are very sorry to hear about the condition of your home and would like to investigate further. At your earliest convenience, please email us your full name, review and Waypoint property address to [email protected]

Waypoint Homes — update to my recent complaint

After I posted my complaint last month, waypoints contacted us to get things resolved... except it just got...

Clayton

Waypoint Homes — unfair charges

We moved into our first Waypoint home in July 2016, the home had a serious flaw with the HVAC system that we...

Waypoint Homesa/c untimely service

Waypoint stated emergency a/c service within 24 hrs as it is 90 degrees within the home. They were provided with local vendor willing to do the job at with no overtime price etc. They chose to let us go without in order to use their third party vendors who would not be available for two more days. They were also made aware that several individuals were getting sick in the home from the heat. This did not seem to be a concern.

Waypoint Homes — customer service

Today I found out my girlfriend got money orders instead of putting the money in my account. I deposited one...

Waypoint Homes — rental property

We were relocated from another state to GA for my husbands job last June and had to rent via the internet. We...

Waypoint Homes — the company as a whole are scam artists

I submitted an application for a property through Waypoint Homes. With the application I attached copies of...

Waypoint Homesthe service and everything else about them

I lived in one of their houses in Florida. first I had an issue with something I will not put on this for other reasons. Which might I say they took longer then they should have and they knew it. Every time I called and asked for a supervisor they would tell me that the supervisor was on break or a meeting, etc. then when I moved they decided to charge me for my whole deposit and then some. They treated me and my roommate like we were idiots who didn't know the laws of Florida. They tried to charge us for things we have record of replacing in the house. They didn't send an Itemized bill they just sent us something saying we are charging you $662.00 for maint. hm. repairs another 3-4 hundred dollars for unspecified things. As well as trying to charge us for the rest of the month when me and my roommate had an agreed on a pro-rated amount of rent. which we paid on the 1st of the month. They just try and charge their residents what ever they can because they believe nobody will argue with a big company. they were the worst company I have ever delt with in my life. I would suggest that anyone currently living at one of their houses needs to make sure they document every single thing that has happen between the tenant and the landlord. Make sure to take pictures of every part of the house before the end of your lease and keep all records of what you replaced/fixed before move out. To anyone wishing to move in one of their homes run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. keep in mind when you sign their lease they make up their own laws that do not follow the state statutes. DO NOT RENT FROM THEM!!!

• Waypoint Homes's response · Jun 13, 2017

Hello,

We would like to take a look at your move-out inspection and can send you an itemized list with pictures. Please email us your full name, review and Waypoint property address so we can do so. You can send this information to [email protected]

Waypoint Homes

Waypoint Homes — nuisance/ excessive noise by waypoint homes' tenants - too many people at a 2 bedroom house

i want to report this issue/nuisance i am having with current tenants from 160 Shari Ct in vallejo, first of...

Waypoint Homesdenied services paid for and run around by management

We have been denied access to our neighborhood's amenities due to a balance due by Waypoint homes for HOA fees. We have made dozens of phone calls and email messages in an attempt to resolve. We have been given the run around by blame being transferred by the local office to corporate office and back from corporate office to the local office. One says the other has to handle and both say they are working on the issue - when in fact not one person has called the HOA management company to ask for clarification or a statement of what is due even though I have provided a name, phone # and email address of the person who can easily provide them with the information.

We are extremely disappointed with how unethical Waypoint Homes is in the their dealings and lack of proactive attention by management and customer service. It is taking everything in me at this moment to not call out individuals who so lack in professionalism and responsibility by showing ownership and taking small steps to assist this has been on going for 3 weeks now and we've been embarrassed at bei turned away at the pool and had to cancel plans last minute when access was denied.

We pay our bills in full and on time every month it is not too much to expect Waypoint Homes to do the same.

RESOLVED

Waypoint did step up (after 3 frustrating weeks), We now have access to the wonderful amenities provided in our neighborhood. Other than this I love our house and neighborhood. The in house maintenance person for them has been wonderful - the ice maker did not work when we moved in and he saw it through to ordering replacement and installing. Thank you

• Waypoint Homes's response · Jun 07, 2017

Hi Dawn,

Again, we are very sorry for the experience you have had with your pool access. We have received confirmation from our HOA Accounting team that payment will be overnighted this week to your HOA.

Waypoint Homes — rental property condition and customer service

I am so beyond unsatisfied with the sorry excuse professionalism that this company holds as a standard. I...

Waypoint Homesmaintenance calls ignored

When we leased our property 4 years ago from Colony America everything was great. But then Waypoint homes bought them out and that's where the problems began. They are quick to take the service calls but getting someone to come out is a totally different story. Our a/c was not functioning and after waiting for days they finally sent out a guy who looked like he had escaped from jail and had no idea how to fix the problem. He reported back to Waypoint telling nothing was wrong. We had to make multiple calls and finally when the a/c started leaking onto the 1st floor and ruined the ceiling they sent someone out to fix it. Now our washing machine stopped working and when I called for service I was told they do not service washers and dryers. Unbelievable!

• Waypoint Homes's response · May 08, 2017

Hello Bella,

We received this same review on Trustpilot and requested for you to email us your full name, review and Waypoint property address to [email protected] so we can further assist you. Unfortunately we are unable to help until you do that.

Waypoint HomesMy air conditioning unit

on 4/20/17 I Edgar Anderson placed a call to the maintenance department to complain about my air conditioning unit not working. The person that i spoke with took all of the information and stated that someone would give me a call. On 4/21/17 i did receive a call and they stated that someone would be out to check the unit. Around one o'clock i did get a visit from an AC company the young man checked out the unit and changed a couple of things on the unit and then he noticed that the unit wasn't charging up and after doing a little bit more of an investigation he found that there was a kink in the copper pipe. That is why the freon wasn't reaching the unit. I have been living here at 6535 Manitoba St in Fort Worth Texas for over a year and right now i am highly disappointed it has now been a week today with no heat or any air conditioning i am told that i am a valued resident and right now i don't feel that way. In the meantime my family and i are suffering i have paid my rent on time and this is how you treat a good tenant. I really need the work that was started to get completed and for the inconvenience there should be some sort of restitution for this inconvenience. I hope this matter can get rectified real soon. Thank you

• Waypoint Homes's response · May 01, 2017

Hi Edgar - Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We've sent your complaint to the local maintenance team and property manager and asked that they contact you directly regarding your AC unit. Your reference number is 93233.

Waypoint HomesRent

My lease on 45572 Robinson Dr Lancaster Ca 93535 was due to be up on 4/17/17. Due to unforeseen family situations, I began to inquire on terminating the lease 2 weeks early (4/1/17). I first began my attempt to contact someone in this company in December. I left multiple voice mails and emails. Occasionally I received a response back only to say I have reached the wrong person and to try another person. I have over 50 calls and 20 emails logged in an attempt to resolve this issue to no avail. I began my move out process and finally received response that I would still be liable for the lease up until 4/17/17 for a total of $906.61. While I understand that I am contracted for this date and am liable for this payment, I tried for 4 months to ask to leave just 2 weeks early and was out of the home on 4/1/17. The keys were sent to them via fed ex per their request and were received on 4/5 which I have delivery confirmation for. I left the home in move in condition and cannot see why they would not be willing to assist.

• Waypoint Homes's response · Apr 12, 2017

We do not have any record of Ms. Slade attempting to contact our team regarding her wish to terminate early. If Ms. Slade has a Lease Termination agreement, please send it to us. We offer early termination, which is a fee equivalent to two month’s rent but does not apply to any rent owed and requires a 30-day notice. This information can be found on page 30 of the rental agreement under the Lease Buy-Out Addendum. The only email we have on file for her is from February 2017, providing her notice to vacate without mention of wanting to terminate her lease early. Again, leases are binding to the dates signed for. In this email, she stated she would be moving out on April 17, 2017.

Waypoint Homes — Kept security deposit/billed for fictitious damages

After renting a house for two years, I moved out September 2016. I have paid over $1880 in security deposit...

Waypoint HomesDoes not fix emergency repairs for security of the residents.

The home I rent was burglarized over a week ago, the frame and door are cracked and split. I contacted Waypoint within an hour of it happening and said it was an emergency. It has not been over a week and close to 2 weeks of my front door broken, I tried to do something to fix it temporarily but even that is not secure and I know that someone could come and kick it right open easily. I have had to move all my belongings out and into storage in case someone breaks in again. I have called this company almost daily and they keep making promises but nothing is happening. I know this has to be illegal leaving a family with a broken front door and no way to secure the home. What I did to the door is also a fire hazard but I have no way to fix it. This kind of service is expected from this terrible company, I would never recommend this business to anyone. They just keep raising the rent and tell me if I put a hole in the wall it will cost me $60 per hole for them to fill.

Does not fix emergency repairs for security of the residents.
                Does not fix emergency repairs for security of the residents.

• JKWilliams Jan 30, 2017

Unless Waypoint Homes is the landlord (holds the lease) what are you calling them for? You don't specify who the landlord is.

• Ra
                    raecha Jan 30, 2017

@JKWilliams Yes, Waypoint Homes is the landlord

Waypoint Homes — Rental real estate

Do not rent from this company please! Waypoint homes, key colony homes, colony starwood homes. So many bad...

Waypoint Homes Orlando, FL — Rental

Waypoint Homes and their clients are bigots that refuse to rent to a U.S. citizen with a foreign born wife...