Having problems with Waypoint Homes?

+1 855 224 5484 (Customer Service)
+1 888 330 4969 (Maintenance)
1999 Harrison Street 24th Floor

524 East Lamar Blvd, Suite 120, Arlington, TX 76011
+1 888 571 9548

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Illegal foreclosers

Here is a letter I wrote to City of Richmond California council members.

My name is Mitchell Jamerson, I have been a Richmond resident for over twenty three years. I am writing you about an ongoing new trend that is happen in our community, illegally foreclosed homes are being rented out by a company called waypoint out of Oakland. My former house at 1817 CHANSLOR ave being one of them. What has happening the city of Richmond with a lot of the foreclosures is that the deed and the promissory notes have been separated and companies can no longer able to legally foreclose on properties in the city of Richmond. This company call waypoint is claiming they are buy properties and renting them out even those houses were never legally foreclosed. This crime that they are committing has large effect on the city of Richmond because of the taxes dollars that the original homeowner was once paying is no longer being paid. Like myself many of the homeowners are being lied to by third party claiming they own the property when they original lender is no longer in business. As elected official I am looking for your support and leadership to stop the illegal foreclosures in city of Richmond. If you want I am willing to share an audit that I paid for on my former house showing my house was illegally foreclose like many others in our community.

Glamkat May 31, 2013

They don't care and once they purchase the properties that do some patchwork on the dwelling and make them eye appealing however whats going on behind close doors is unacceptable. Waypoint homes motto is " Reinventing renting" they are reinventing all right but not in a good way. Good Luck with your struggles on behalf of the city of richmond

• Mo
    Money Mitch Mar 28, 2015

They have another partner in crime called DALLIN LLC, they are the new company claiming ownership to theses stolen properties. Same company different name.

• Mo
    Money Mitch Mar 28, 2015

My name is Mitchell Jamerson, I have been a Richmond resident for over twenty three years. I am writing you about an ongoing new trend that is happen in our community, illegally foreclosed homes are being rented out by a company called waypoint/DALLIN LLC out of Oakland. My former house at 1817 CHANSLOR ave being one of them. What has happening the city of Richmond with a lot of the foreclosures is that the deed and the promissory notes have been separated and companies can no longer able to legally foreclose on properties in the city of Richmond. This company call waypoint/DALLIN LLC is claiming they are buy properties and renting them out even those houses were never legally foreclosed. This crime that they are committing has large effect on the city of Richmond because of the taxes dollars that the original homeowner was once paying is no longer being paid. Like myself many of the homeowners are being lied to by third party claiming they own the property when they original lender is no longer in business. As elected official I am looking for your support and leadership to stop the illegal foreclosures in city of Richmond. If you want I am willing to share an audit that I paid for on my former house showing my house was illegally foreclose like many others in our community.

Resolved Slumlord

On 10/8/11 me and my family took possession of 2169 rain drop circle Pittsburg ca 94565; we have had continued problems. We are now face with an infestation of mice we catch 3-4 a day. We notified Waypoint Homes 7/10/12 and after many broken promised we are DONE playing with them. My 3 yr old son is terrified, my 89 yr old grandmother is a nervous wreck. My brother was bitten was taking a flip-flop one mouse off a sticky on 11/6/12 he was treated at Alameda County Medical Center. We have continue to pay our rent on-time for 13 months. This was a rent to own deal. we want our option money of $6925 returned and how are family compensated.

• Ms
    Ms.JJay Mar 17, 2013

way point screwed my family around as well 2123 seminary in oakland ca tried to make us pay for an arm and leg water bill with built in water sprinkler system as well inspect our home every 6 months basically we like we own the place but strangers get to inspect the place we rent we are not happy customers.

• Ms
    Ms.JJay Mar 18, 2013

Waypoint helped me find what I needed in the end its all good.

anne henry Apr 12, 2013

Waypoint homes lies, and i feel that they take advantage of honest people. I was interested in a home, was tokd to come to look at it, it was being remodled and the real estste agent was guven the wrong key and we could not enter the house. We loojed at anither one was told we could be approved for it and gave the 250 holding fee, we were told it would take two days to be approved and it was ten days latwr i was told my income wasnt high enough and would be refune my money . Well this was on march 23 i called wvery day to get my money back, well yeatwrday they finally agreed to overnight me a check, today i got it and the fedex package was empty without the check. I blew the officeoffice phone up and i calked the feal estate agent as well who informed me he couldnt help because he was resigning and i was the second person that called and had iasues with the holding fee. I never took poaseion if the houae and am not satified. Waypoint homes are a scam and i will let everyone know. Ill update you all if i get it back

Waypoint home almost killed us Apr 30, 2013

My mother and I rented a Waypoint property in San Bernardino Ca in
    April of 2012. Immediately after move in we had maintenance issues
    that still needed resolution. In the VERY FIRST WEEK WE HAD NO HOT WATER! Over the ensuing year we had a myriad of problems go unresolved or given "band-aid, " fixes. The worst: The entire family got carbon manoxide poisoning due to a faulty water heater ( it had been replaced or "fixed" 3 times) AND the heater!! It was only after we obtained legal counsel that we began to see results. Their maintenance team is a JOKE!! Our newest problem is MOLD!!! The mold spores in the air are so severe my mother had almost died! We are trying to get the hell out ASAP but in the meantime we are forced to try and work with them! My advice: RUN FROM ANY WAYPOINT PROPERTY!!!

• Da
    Dana Luby May 05, 2013

I think we should all ban together and take this company to court! Time to tell these companies it is NOT o.k. to scam people and subject them to these issues. Anyone interested? E-mail me at [email protected]

• Da
    Dana Luby May 05, 2013

By the way, have my own Waypoint horror story and totally concur with all of the postings above.

Waypoint home almost killed us May 05, 2013

I've secured representation but I agree that some of their practices are bordering into class action territory... Some of the lease language may not even be admissible in some states...

Glamkat May 31, 2013

If anyone has anything that can help with my pending case against please hit me back. My family and I are in hell. GlamKat

Glamkat May 31, 2013

i live in Mold and Mildew dwelling that is also over run with pests and plumbing issues. Waypoint has accused me of not paying rent however I have receipts for every month. The funny thing is they have never sent me a receipt ever, the only one's that I have are threw Paylease. They have served us twice, every time we demand the repairs be made, every time. we are fighting us in court. we are hostages in our own home because of the mold, we have a family room that is full of toxic mold spores and nearly killed my daughter. If anyone has anything that can help please let me know, i will keep fighting till the end.

Thankfulcaligirl Jun 12, 2013

I was considering Waypoint...but thanks to you guys they lost a customer!!! THANK YOU!!!

magvalen Jun 20, 2013

Talk to an attorney and educated your self, of your rights as a tenant, and do your request in writing for any repair and keep a copy for your records.

• Bo
    boss2013 Aug 28, 2013

we took a home in antioch which according to all professional real estate firms placed the home at the 1650 to 1700 range but they wouldnt budge from 1899, desperate we took it or be in the streets with 2 kids, 1st problem we a severe master shower drain leack into the kitchen roof which i had to come out of pcket for( emergency) although after 3 mos of back and forth they reimbursed me for it but then for 6 mos we argued with the bstrds because the back yard not being finsihed as it was just nasty burnt bark thrown down harbering ticks spiders, and bugs dust and mold in the wet seaon, so finlly they finsihed the back yard 7 mos later, then last winter we kept getting severe throat issues, i knew something wasnt right with the air in this home i had their terribly crappy techs out 10 times and theyd always say oh nothings wrong, so i investiagted everything myself for free anf found the floor of the lower kitchen sink cabinet was replaced with a cheap peice of ply wood when i remeved it it was anothing but nasty greasy black mold, which they remediated, but didnt finsih the job correctly as another 3rd party inspoector said yes there stiull is mold inside the walls in 2 places and they didnt finsih the remediation job in the 1st place, so they send some cheeesy old guy out who spends 2 minuites testing the air and says the airs good BS luckily i got a job up north and we are leaving but the bastrds want to increase the rent on a problem plagued home 5% and a home that was rehabbed so pooorly i wouldnt recomend them to a terroist, STAY AWAY FROM WAYPOINT their rehabbers are terrible, their techs are lazy liars, and the office people are only in it for $$$$$$ and their homes are 200 to 400 tooo high and in a yr they will raise the rents every yr 5% their fing no better then the banks in what they pulled on people anyone sueing em ill join in a class action lawsuit we spent a hell of a yr living in a dumpy home not even remotely worth 1899

• Jc
    jcf35 Sep 20, 2013

Waypoint Homes is a scam company!!! BEWARE
    My wife and I Liked a home we were shown and was told to give them a 500 Hold agreement to take the home off the market until we got approval which would take no longer than two days. 4 days later no approval but 10 emails to sign hold agreement! after reading it it says 72 hours after its signed hold deposit is non refundable!
    DO NOT SIGN THIS PAPER WITHOUT READING! Apparently they are not familiar with Arizona's Landlord Tenant act!! But the attorney general will be familiar with them when I get done!!! No one will return my Calls to get my money back! to bad so sad I used a credit card so I reversed charges!!!

• Sh
    Shaking my head30 Oct 04, 2013

Way point has bad customer servive and You get the run around.I cant believe a company this large is so unorganized

• Ny
    Nyke H. Oct 08, 2013

WARNING: Take your business elsewhere!..Seriously...My family and I put a hold check on one of the properties last Monday, the next morning they informed us we wouldnt be able to rent the property because of a credit issue. Naturally we replied "ok thts fine where can we pick up our hold check"...not only did we have to speak to 6 different people (who all had different stories on their policies by the way) but they had the nerve to tell us we had to wait up to 21 days to recieve our HOLD check which was given to them the evening before... They say their policy allows them to cash the check the same day they recieve it but based on the fact that it was not their money to begin with and the fact that my family is being hugely inconvienced we will be taking them to small claims court. This company is unorganized, dishonest, irresponsible and unprofessional. Save yourself the headache!!!..Seriously.

• Jc
    JC22 Dec 31, 2013

my family and I just moved into a waypoint home in Tampa less than 30 days ago. We thought everything was all good at first, the property manager was very nice and informative> it seemed like the day after we signed the lease, it was a 180 degree turn. Paint started peeling off the tub my kids take a bath in (paint!), an enormous amount of bugs that we pointed out at the walk through, I have atempted to obtain a log in to pay rent and get no response, and list goes on. It seems so unprofessional. After emailing the property manager so many times and not getting a response, I call her just for her to tell me that she was responding and requesting certain info and by me ignoring, it seemed like an attempt to steal water... WTF! why would I continuously be emailing and ignoring the requested info like GETTING A LOG IN TO PAY RENT if I were stealing water. This makes no sense. Its funny how I get no reposne back from her but any one else I email I get a response right away

noahcook Feb 05, 2014

TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

Rented a house in Temecula, Ca and lived there for almost 9 months. Around the 7th month our hot water started to not be too hot. We figured out that our pilot light on the water heater was not staying on. After re lighting it and then for 2 weeks straight having to light it everyday, we reported it to Waypoint Homes. We also noticed out heater was not in service and reported that also via email.

They emailed back and said to file a service request on their resident portal. I filled it out and never received a reply. We decided to move out cause we could not contact them and sent a notice to immediately vacate pursuant to CA Civil Code 1942.

After moving out and getting no reply, 2 months later now collections is calling me saying I owe over $3000 in rent. Ridiculous.

ADVICE: DO NOT RENT FROM THEM!

• Ss
    S. Scott Feb 21, 2014

This company is the worse. DO NOT RENT OR PAY ANY DEPOSIT, THEY ARE A SCAM!!!

Me and my husband filled out an application for a home we liked. They pre-approved us pending income verification. After paying an application fee to pull credit one would think they saw the credit score on both applicants before deciding to approve us pending income verification. They emailed us stating step 1 was approved. Step 2 is pending income verification. After seeing the house and faxing agent John Grant income and resident verification, they denied us on my husbands credit score. Well after several attempts calling the agent and Waypoint I finally got through to Wanda to hear the credit score was a factor. I said, why send an email approving the first step and full approval depended on income verification. Wanda's response was "oh we do that with all our applicants. We check for eviction's for the first approval and if you don't have any we approve you pending requested information. Yes, but you all requested my income pending approval. We never heard back from agent and thats how they treat you. Just an email and no response from agent. BECAUSE THEY APPROVE ALL CUSTOMERS BASED ON NON EVICTION, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!! Credit score is only a factor after they can't find a reason to deny you. Very unprofessional

• Eb
    Eboni W Mar 14, 2014

We need to do a class action on this company! They are a ripping ppl off with their lies and no response and adding on fees that shouldn't apply! Ready to put them on news media! Anyone open for a class action?

• As
    AshleyJB Jun 28, 2017

@Eboni W Worst prop. Management ever! We just left our house of 3 years and are dealing with a long list of complaints, awaiting compensation, lies, non response, disrespect, a fight with waypoint and my wonderful neighbors who is unfortunately sandwiched between 2 waypoint homes. We all need to report them to BBB and take action. They are only out for $ not their clients. They own thousands of homes and send the cheapest contractors who don't know what they are doing to repair things. They close out work orders to make it look like they are done when work is incomplete. Work is not done in a timely manner which is against tenant law. We had mushrooms growing inside our house and mold from a water main leak. Depending on compensation, returned deposit, taking too much rent, and blasting the A/C on our bill upon exit we may be taking them to court. This massive Co. needs to be shut down. Murrieta, Ca

• Kt
    KTate1 Oct 12, 2018

@AshleyJB We had them close out work orders as well, without fixing the items. Then after we moved out they had to fix the items and charged us for the repairs or replacements. We also had them charge us for entire re-paint and carpet saying there were stains from our dog. They did not do all the work they claimed and there were no pet stains on the carpet. Raleigh, NC

• Sc
    S Carver Apr 07, 2014

We are thinking of renting a home in the DFW area in Texas. Has anyone had any complaints from Texas?

• As
    AshleyJB Jun 28, 2017

@S Carver Don't do it! Stear clear of waypoint homes, or you will be sorry like the rest of us.

• Ka
    kathi12 Apr 16, 2014

I just moved in a month ago. Scheduled a work order and it was a no show. I haven't had a dishwasher in a month. Had a backup in the master bathroom because of the laundry not draining correctly or something. Put draino down it and worked for a few weeks. Now I have 2 backed up bathrooms and no more towels to wipe up the mess because I can't use the washer. Was hung up on by the 24 hr. emergency service because I wanted to know an exact time when someone could get here. I can't go to work because I can't shower. I am using the toilet in the master but it bubbles up in that shower in the other bathroom. Water gushes out of the bottom of the toilet in the other bathroom when it is flushed. I have texted and emailed the property manager and have gotten nothing. I am self employed and if I can't get a shower in to go to work I am losing money. Just called Rapid Rooter and I will take it off the rent. Sign me up for the law suit. Sick and tired in Wellington, FL.

• Fl
    Florida Frustration Apr 17, 2014

I am certainly happy to have found this page. I rented a Waypoint in Florida, March 2014. I was told that the sprinkler company was scheduled to repair the sprinkler system and that the people pressure washing the pool deck broke some of the concrete and that would be repaired as well. After several attempts to find out when these items were going to be addressed I was told to bring them up at the first tune up inspection, scheduled 3 weeks after move in. That was cancelled but no word ever sent to us as to why. I reached out to the Area Manager via the website but when you clicked the "Contact your Area Manager" I got a blank email. I left several voice mail messages as no one ever answers the phone. Finally the email began working and I was able to reach the Area Manager. She wanted to know who moved us into the house. I told her and assumed she would get details and get back with me. A week later no answer. I emailed her again and she wanted to know what I wanted. I referenced the email string and asked when the items would be repaired. I was told they did not repair sprinkler systems and I had to send pictures of the broken pool deck. Then I was contacted by one of the inspectors about the tune up inspection. He tells me the inspection didn't happen because the inspector died! Didn't sound to broke up about it. Anyway he wanted to schedule an inspection. My husband and I work quite a distance from our home. I was told at move in that inspections could be done on the weekends. This guy states it must be between the hours of 9-5, M-F and it takes and hour and a half. Then proceeded to cop a nasty attitude when I told him what I was told at move in. My first rent payment was charged an additional $82+ for processing and my Waypoints account still isn't activated even though I have done everything on my end. Most times when I try to log on it directs me to Salesforce. I'm told it's my computer even though I've tried it from 2 computers and my phone. Reading these stories makes me worry what else is going to happen. I signed a 2 year lease! We love the home and pay a pretty penny for it but if they want me to maintain the large back yard, regrow grass in the dead front yard and replace the dead bushes they are going to have to honor what I was told at move in and repair the sprinkler system. Oh an another thing, were any of you told that they don't rent homes with garbage disposals? This home had the disposal removed and when my husband went to install one we purchased we discovered that they had completely changed the wiring to the switch so there was no way to wire it to the switch. Had an electrician put a switch under the cabinet. Frustrated in Florida!

• Le
    lejewa May 01, 2014

Do not rent from Waypoint!! We were going through the process with them for a home in Houston, TX up until last week. We paid our fess, submitted the info requested, received the same email stating that our application had been approved pending income verification and verification of rent payments. They then emailed requesting bank statements which I immediately sent back. I received another email requesting the bank statements in another format. Once again I complied. I never heard another word despite continuous efforts by phone and email. Our realtor also began contacting them by email and phone. Two days later he received a call stating that I had not submitted the bank information they requested. He immediately told them that I had submitted the information because he was copied on all my communication with them. He re-submitted the statements. Four days later he found out that they had placed the property in pending status for someone else. I have tried to get my deposit back to absolutely no avail!! Run away from Waypoint! Also beware of "credit issues" with them. I personally know of 3 cases (my husband included) of "utility bills" in collections. We have no utility bills in collections-I have all final bills from our previous home paid and accounted for when, all of a sudden Waypoint had their collection company appear with an outstanding bill. They wanted us to pay that bill again and then "fight" with the collections company (who, btw, closes on weekends, holidays and only works from 9 to 4 Eastern time!!!) SCAMMERS!!!

• Co
    comMovin43 May 19, 2014

I have been renting from waypoint homes for 11 months... since i move into there property the house start having plumbing issues. Waypoint say it's not there problem... I wouldn't never rent fm them... nobody should rent fm them... Everybody should come together and put them out of business..

• Thank you all for your comments and information. My husband and I just went to view property of Waypoint and just the look alone turned me OFF. The first thing we look at when we walk into a house is the roof, then make our way around the place. There were electrical wires taped to the wall and the windows were unable to close tightly. I quickly informed the person that I did not want that property, however if he could find me something more suitable, I would consider the process. After reading all the complaints from different people and how families have been taken advantage of, I have changed my mind!
    Thank you all for sharing and I hope you all are able to get pass this.
    Blessings

• Zi
    Ziggy Wiggy May 23, 2014

Waypoint Homes really thrives on deception. I have accepted jobs from Waypoint Homes through and by its General Contractors and they are all the same. There office is so unprofessional until it's sad. I have experienced nothing but hardship at the hands of Waypoint Homes and Steve Tejeda. Please all small companies stay away from this company. You will be better off without work than to do work and not get paid. By all means I urge you to just say NO to Waypoint Homes and any of its representatives.
    May 22, 2014 one of the General Contractors for Waypoint Homes contact me by phone and said that he was referred to me by another Waypoint Homes Representative and that he would like me to revamp the Water System at 4759 Myrtle Drive, Lake Worth Florida just as I did for 4757 Myrtle Drive, Lake Worth Florida. However, both jobs are done and the tenants are extremely happy but that's not enough to receive payment. Yes that's right I didn't get paid.

• St
    stinamarie Jun 18, 2014

I'm renting now In California from waypointhomes .im having plumbing problems now and they said I had to pay for it because it's been past 30 day move in.. I send my money to them through the mail with a cashiers check from my bank. The paint in the bathroom is bubbling up, and mold forming in the bathroom above the shower I've only lived here for about 4months now. . I started calling renters right legal aid. The county where I live..

• Fl
    Florida Frustration Jun 26, 2014

Ok, all, if you rented your home through Waypoint and Stellar and have maintenance issues that were to be addressed but have not been, contact Stellar. I made a BBB complaint against both Waypoint and Stellar over issues discussed at move-in that were never addressed. Been fighting with Waypoint for 3 months. Repairs were a broken patio and broken sprinkler system. As soon as I filled against Stellar I was contacted. It has been a week and today is the finish up for the spinkler system. Everything was handled beautifully. Found out that Fetlar, LLC owns our homes and has contracted with Stellar as the management company and Waypoint as the leasing company. The young lady I spoke to told me if we have any maintenance issues to contact her. She does not care for Waypoint either. I'm still looking for info to get in touch with Fetlar over a fraudulent issue I have with Waypoint. Will keep you updated!

the Bence family Jul 06, 2014

I have been loyal to waypoint for 3yrs. I have never been late on my rent. I was also offered the rent to own deal 3 yrs ago. When I asked to buy the home they told me it was not for sale. I
    feel like this company dosen't care about its clients satisfaction. Their maintenance people are amateurish (at best) and just Mickey-Mouse serious repairs. When my lease runs out...so will my family and I...Your next tenants will not have the resolve nor the patience I have endured. I walk away with my head held high knowing my family and I are not going to be easily replaced...if at all...shame on you waypoint. I win...hahahaha...

the Bence family Jul 07, 2014

I want to stay in my home and would not enjoy relocating. If conditions remain the way they are and the cost of the home I'm renting increase I will have no choice...I'm a man of means buy no means.."King of the road" I will go for no more rent increase. Not worth the class of living in my area. The Lord is my shepherd; i shall not want...I fear no evil..

• Lg
    l gomez Aug 01, 2014

We have a rental in beaumont, ca.moved in 11/12...did short sale with century21 who was best friends with the owner.we have never missed a payment auto pay.2149.00 a month.after 1 yr sign for 2yrs to keep payment the same.payment soon to go 2350.00 11/2/14.same homes even bigger renting for 1700.00.told if payment on time they may lower it.i still have to call so will update this message.i time we did do lease to own changed the month prior to only lease .will call to see if payment can be reduce or trsf to other home.on fix income an had a income change recently an hurt us.we still wont be late ever but struggle all month now.have 3 grandchildren on the fix.so far waypoint has been awesome an very good with us.inspections great.we have always been home owners, new experience for us..will call 8/14 to see our new options..pray for the best..so far wayypoint has been easy to deal with..paying to much only complaint in our area.beautiful place...home for our grandchildren an in our 60, s time to reduce our lease not increase ..thank you l.g

• Fr
    frank Casparo Aug 24, 2014

Hello All.
    I was ready to pull the trigger and rent from them in the Burleson Texas area. Then I found this page. Man! not even one + experience reported. I am pulling out and look elsewhere.

• Tr
    Trottfamily Sep 02, 2014

I moved into my Houston TX Waypoint home in Nov. 2014. The first 3 months I had issues with the online payment system and had to fight with people who refused to call back for days to get it corrected every month. At the same time I had a list of items that I was promised would be fixed as soon as I moved in. Once I got in though the attitudes all changed and very little work was completed. One item I know is out of compliance by state law is I have no interior keyed door locks with glass on all of my exterior doors so basically anyone can just break the glass and reach in to unlock all of the locks. I've asked several times to have the Realtor key lock removed from my door to no avail so anyone who knows the password can let themselves in at any time. I have ongoing issues with water temps fluctuating wildly while showering and water pressure issues. One bath tub was painted and is peeling really bad now, will they charge me for damages when I leave? I'm sure they will. Then I had a skunk die under my deck outside my bedroom door. Since no one returns phone calls I went to their office the Friday of the 4th of July weekend. The door was unlocked and someone was in their conference room while another person filled out an application in the lobby. After ringing a desk bell several times a woman finally came out and asked what I needed. I told her about the skunk and she asked if I called first. I said I did but no one answered, she replied that I should have left a message. I told her no one ever calls me back when I do. She then said they were closed and I had to come back next week! I pointed out that there were several people there and the smell was really unbearable. She told me it was my problem!!! No, I'm not paraphrasing, those were her words! I ended up having to get my dad to come in from another town to get it out. But the worst part is they failed to inform me that I was moving into a FEMA flood zone and my house flooded during a heavy rain storm this summer. After 3 weeks of people coming out trying to save the carpet and pad that smelled sour (still a bit of an odor), a hole knocked in my wall by one of the crews (I'm sure they will say it was my fault), and damaged floor boards from the several times the carpet and pad were re-stretched I still didn't have a complete clean up. When pressed to clean the tile area that was muddy and filthy they decided they would only clean the part that had been flooded. According to the floor guy it would make the cleaned part look very different from the uncleaned part, right through the middle of my living room. This would be like having an insurance company only pay to paint around the part of your car door that got dinged, you could tell the fresh new part from the old. I chose not to have it partially professionally cleaned. As for the flooding, they didn't even apologize and have no solutions for me to prevent it. My lease is up in November so I have only prayer to protect me from a hurricane coming through. My next door neighbor said I will have several feet of water in my house if it does. This company is negligent, shameful and outright evil. Run away as fast as you can!

• Xc
    xcv4 Sep 05, 2014

Management is to blame for all the bad reviews. They are in the wrong business because eventually, the word will get around. They don't answer their phones. When they do answer their phones, they make promises they never keep. Like just returning a phone call. Do what you say and say what you do. Maintenance is slow to non-existing because there is probably only one tech serving the whole DFW area. I have a health hazard issue in the house they haven't responded to yet. It has been 2 weeks since I put in the work order. The rental house has been a fix it at your own expense house or wait 1 month if you want them to fix it. I'm not kidding here. Did I mention that this is one of their newly renovated house. I am glad I only signed a 1 year contract. I don't recommend this company. If enough people complain, you need to start to wonder about the company. Save yourself the head ache. I settled on them without research and now I wished I had never gotten involved.

• Br
    Brian Feddeler Sep 06, 2014

I too, have had issues of Waypoint slumming. I've reached and agreement to rent to own a property on Mesa Ct. In Vacaville, CA an made an outrageous down payment and monthly payment for what we are dealing with. We had an inspector come in and paid out of pocket to have a laundry list of things that needed to be fixed and things that were out of code. The electrical wiring is awful and when I asked for it to be fixed, I was told that some responsibilities fall on me. I have no issue with fixing small things, but items that are required to be up to code and are dangerous is not the tenants responsibility. My roof was also leaking and they were supposed to fix it. They sent somebody to fix it with a "band-aid" and it has happened again. The repairman even told me that "this needs to be fixed right away and he will let the agency know, but it won't do any good and he'll s us again next time it needs to be patched." Their inspections are pointless, and intruding. I've never been late on a payment for the 3 years I've been there, yet I always get notices 3 weeks after I've paid that they haven't received my rent and I have 3 days to pay or I will be evicted. This harassment is unappreciated, ESPECIALLY for the little that they actually do to provide the standards in which a proper business should be controlled.

John Mills 1971 Oct 01, 2014

Waypiont staff is so rude, especially the property manager in Houston.. Pathetic service.. Never give your home to Waypoint Homes.

Janice7778 Oct 12, 2014

If you are in Illinois and plan on renting from Waypoint - Don't... Just Don't! Slumlords is an understatement! When you call regarding maintenance issues they give you a complete run around and never come out. I plan on hiring an attorney so I can walk away with my deposit, which I can see is going to be a problem. I've been a renter for years and this is The worst experience ever. I would certainly be part of a class action suit against them. It would be a for sure win because this company breaks all sorts of city code violations! You just can't treat tenants like this!

• Lm
    LMC65 Oct 29, 2014

This is a response for S Carver inquiring about Texas. I know this is several months later, however, I hope you didn't rent from Waypoint! We made that mistake in June, when we relocated here from Florida. We are in the Northwest Houston, Cypress area now, in a home managed by Waypoint. This organization is SO bad that I am truly shocked that they are still in business. This is just one aspect of the nightmare, but we rented a home that was literally advertised as "Indoor Hot Tub, The Gem of This Property!" Guess what? This hot tub was evidently installed as an add on by some owner in around the 80's, and it is NON OPERATIONAL! They eventually sent someone out in about August after dodging our calls and ignoring us for the first two months. That contractor said that all the parts were completely corroded and it was NEVER operational. We are sure Waypoint knew this when they placed the fraudulent ad, and reeled us in to a sucker deal. I'm sitting here right now looking at a cold, non working "hot tub" as I type. It's almost November. One other thing is that I spent the first two months in this house with NO stove! Yep, that's right! It didn't work from the get go, which is something you don't find out until you're moved in and try to cook something. Again, they dodged our calls for weeks. Then, finally sent someone out to diagnose the problem months after move in. What WAS the problem you ask? Something with the gas line in the back of the house was not hooked up right to the cook top. In short, do not rent from Waypoint! You will be destined for loads of stress, living with often intolerable conditions in the home you are paying through the nose for, AND will likely still end up taking them to small claims court to get any sort of fair resolution.

• Mi
    mike4428 Dec 04, 2014

i am a current home renter at waypoint homes i am very unhappy with them my bathrooms are backed up the told me to pay for it out of pocket no matter what the problem is so i have no bathroom with 4 kids cant use the bathroom bad bad bad people but i will call fair housing lets see what happens

• Uw
    Uwe Lose Dec 04, 2014

Waypoint - avoid

Sad1957 Dec 27, 2014

I have wanted to switch my lease to a bigger home and after giving the deposit to hold the new home for two weeks I was told, after I received the new lease, was told I had to give 30 days notice on the home I am in now. This happened today on the day I was to get the keys I have been tring to contact someone who can give me answers. I have already arranged to change everything overi in 3 days. The leasing agent neglected to tell me? And won't return my calls. I love the house and knew it wouldn't last. Just wanted to transfer and sign for another 2 years. After finding this sight I've changed my mind. I just hope I get the deposit for the mover back. The deposit for holding the home will come out of the rent after I talk to a lawyer.

• Se
    Sethrbeavers Jan 02, 2015

WayPoint Homes Review

HAHAHA, this place calls themselves a business. What a disgusting, ### company. Put in applications at the beginning of the month. Put $500 down to hold the property and paid $135 for applications just to be told I was approved, denied, and application was pending, in that order!

I fought with this company for a month and after telling this company and their local guy that I had to be out by the 1st they told me on the 31st that they would have an answer for me on the 2nd.

When I called this company the first time the guy they put me in touch with told me that he was quitting and didn't want to disclose why! That should have been my first clue! Against my better judgment I went through with it and continued to work with this company. What do I do now? put my stuff in storage, live in my car, and wait to hear from this company that has never made an attempt to reach me.

The local guy spent the whole time telling me he was working on it but not answering my calls or getting in touch with me. The corporate office and the local office had no idea what the other one was doing. The worst case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing that I have ever seen. They both spent the whole time telling me to get in touch with the other office and giving me disinformation.

Stay away from this company. Do not use them to sell your house and do not rent from them. If you rent your house through this company they play bull ### games just to get as many applications and have no intention of actually renting. It is a damn gimmick and sounds lucrative as heck. Unfortunately everyone else gets ### on!

Now it's the 2nd of the month and my stuff is loaded into a friends garage and I have had a few friends offer their couch to me. Thanks WayPoint Homes!

• Tr
    Truth 15 Jan 08, 2015

I am in Florida and it's no better here! Only renting for three months and mold is surfacing
    in the bathroom...paint was thrown over walls and doors to hide needed repairs, customer service poor. This is the 2015 US. Doesn't matter what state. America is the third world country and it's been evident for many years now.

• Mi
    miikes Mar 13, 2015

Waypoint homes are kicking my children adn I out on the streets in Aurora, Colorado. Even after all rent was paid for the 11 months living in an unsafe place! Now they are evicting me for Utilities not pain for 0.23 cents! Really, kick me out over 0.23 cent! WOW! Letter states will take possition in three days, need Cashers check for $0.23 !! What a lawyer would love to take on and the news. Anyone want to ping in or take on this case, feel free to contact me! Waypoint Homes will never fix anything that breaks, SCAM!

• Fe
    fedupwiththings Mar 18, 2015

You all are just money to them.

Dear Realtor Partners,

To help you promote our longer-term lease products, which earn you higher commissions (commission schedule shown below), we are introducing tiered rents – the longer the lease term, the lower the rent for the applicant and the higher the commission to you.

Some “fine print”:

- The lease-break fee is now 2 months’ rent plus the notice period – so anyone thinking that they’ll sign a longer-term lease to get the lower rent, without intending to stay the full lease term, faces a financially painful penalty.

- The Hot Sheet now shows two additional columns – rent for a 2-year lease and rent for a 3-year lease. Although these rents will periodically reset lower as a home sits on the market, they are not subject to negotiation.

- We are only advertising the 1-year rent on MLS – so you have an upper hand vs. the competition!

- We are no longer holding a home until an applicant is approved. We are simply losing too many days of marketing to applicants who don’t end up qualifying. This may result in you having multiple applicants for the same home – in fact I hope this is often the case, since it is very much to your benefit. First and foremost, it will create a sense of urgency, which will in turn speed up the application process. Second, it increases your likelihood of landing a lease. Third, it gives you leverage when negotiating lease durations; obviously if you have 2 approved applicants, but one wants a longer-term lease, that’s the one that will earn you the highest commission. In the event that a Waypoint applicant is applying for the same home at the same time as an applicant of yours, we will go with the first approval, regardless of lease term. So again, please create a sense of urgency with your applicants! The sooner they submit their proof of income and rental verification information, the sooner they will be screened.

- Our 3-year lease is similar to the 2-year lease in that the rent increase at the 1- and 2-year marks is only 3%.

- It also offers a much higher initial rewards points award than the 2-year lease product (4, 000 vs. 2, 000 points - see links below).

- Commission for a 3-year lease (your lead) is $750.

- 2-year is still $650 and 1-year is still $350.

We have replaced “Lease Plus Rewards” with “Waypoint Rewards”. Some of the highlights of the rewards program are:

- Every resident is eligible, regardless of lease term

- Easier to earn points

- Earlier redemption opportunities

- Wider variety of rewards available

This link will take you to the promotional video: http://waypointhomes.tv/

The attached file is the brochure: Waypoint Rewards.pdf

This link will take you to a more in-depth overview of the program: http://www.waypointhomes.com/waypoints

We are also developing a “guidebook” that is basically an expanded version of the brochure.

Please note that the Est. Clean Date for our Construction homes is exactly that – an estimate. Check with your local leasing specialist as the clean date approaches to confirm!!! We require all holds taken on Construction Homes to have the “Home Under Construction Acknowledgement” of the Holding Agreement (attached) fully executed!

© 2015 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)

• Ca
    Carlene A Apr 28, 2015

Waypoint is a Slumlord, ,

I too have been paying my rent on time in Hampton, Ga, i was told that things were going to be fixed and still has not, i have a sink hole in the back yard and no one wants to address it, i have been calling for 3months to have someone fix a hold that has began to rise on the dining floor and no one has responded until now, and then i spoke to the "field office" told him the imporatance of what is going on that bugs are coming out of the floor, and he had the nerves to leave a note on the door and say sorry i missed you after i told him id be there in five minutes, after waiting 3 months to have someone look at the floor. I am getting an attorney and i will not pay rent until they fix what they are suppose to fix. They are theives and they are getting away with it. I agres with Eboni W a class action suite does need to be filed on them and they need to be put out of busniess, they are TERRIBLE, , , Invitation Homes is the best company to EVER use to rent from you will never have any issues out of them. I am going to break my lease and take the loss until i get my money back with the attorney, because i will die staying in the Waypoint House

angryinorlando Jun 03, 2015

This is the worst company to do business with, the phone staff is rude the "property managers" and "field techs" don't do the job they are paid to do. I have been dealing with a roof leak for days now and they have done nothing.

Matt Shuff Aug 11, 2015

A couple weeks after moving into a beautiful Waypoint Home in a beautiful neighborhood, our air conditioner went out. We are now starting week 3 of having no AC...in Georgia...in one of the hottest July/Aug on record. I had to threaten them just to get them to return calls. They had someone who came out and said a part needed to be ordered. That was two weeks ago. They won't give me any info on the part or the timing. They won't respond to e-mails. They won't return phone calls or call back when they say. I had an AC company come out. The AC company said they were standard parts. They have the parts and can fix it for $700 tomorrow. Now, I need Waypoint's OK to have them do the work, but they won't get back to me and give it to me. In the state of GA, there is a "repair and deduct" law that says tenants can pay to fix and have deducted from the rent...if the company fails to address the issue in a reasonable time frame. Additionally, there is a condition referred to as "constructive eviction." Under this provision, if a landlord/property owner fails to address problems that cause the dwelling to be "unsuitable for its intended purpose, " this amounts to being evicted, which means the tenant has no obligation to pay rent. Therefore, if there are problems that make the house unsafe or prevent you from using part of it...or technically prevent you from enjoying all the benefits of the home...you may not legally be required to pay rent. I'm not a lawyer, and all laws are different in states and cities. Just don't take this lying down. Time to fight back.

• 76
    767 Sep 01, 2015

I am sitting here in a state of complete shock and bewilderment. I as the band of you live in a Waypoint Home in the city of Denver I have been completely awed as to how this company that treats people as they do, .could possibly stay in business. I have honestly never encountered anything like them in my 63 yrs .I can't count how many emails I have sent to them trying to explain the concept of good business. They don't care. I've had a difficult time figuring out how they do it, but after reading your stories I seriously feel fortunate. I've been treated unfairly, but some of you were raped! Our issues here are the are the same as the majority of yours, except for the computer issues, they get their money quick. So, my biggest question now is why do they feel they feel they get away it? Have they somehow labeled us as powerless? Like we are just going to take it from them. I am extremely angry, not only on my behalf, but behalf on all of you!!! I say that all of us who are currently encumbered with a lease, band together and figure out how they are able to continue their practices, because apparently it has been going on for years.

• Pa
    Paula from TX Sep 08, 2015

I've been living in a Waypoint home in St. Petersburg, FL for about 3 months. On Friday of the Labor Day weekend, my air conditioner broke. I called the after hours service and within an hour, the on-call called me and told me he would be at my house around 1 pm the following day. The A/C was beyond repair. What impressed me was that Jim lived up to his promises! He said someone would be contacting me from the A/C company, which they did in less than an hour, he then followed up with me after hearing from him, then came back to my house with a portable unit just as promised. Because of the holiday weekend, a new A/C unit was not installed until today, Tuesday, but it was installed as promised! It's not often that you find someone who lives up to his promises, but Jim at Waypoint Homes did and I think that we should be writing about things that go right, not just what goes wrong.

• Ra
    Raheem Menendez Nov 18, 2015

I hate waypoint they are lazy pigs don't wanna help and not only that the house I'm rent in Florida at fort Lauderdale right now is needs some repairs like the wall paint and the ac even in the backyard and now they sent a notice that I didn't pay rent I pay my rent on time always for 5 months now I even got the receipt for proof not only that guys you should have a record of it as well I even give u guys the check in person I mean check the camera I give you guys $1'714 and its weird cause you guys say I owe $759 like what the hell I pay in full and it was a money order not Bank check

Angry saxony Jan 04, 2016

We have rented from Waypoint for a lil over a year and have have major issues since day one!!!..we would like to move without penalties and they won't let us they use the cheapest labor to fox things, they paint over bad material and the yard looks like crap, they never reply with sincerity to any comlaints, and I can't talk to any one other tHan the property manager that doesn't like me and doesn't know her job!!!

waypoint is the devil Jan 08, 2016

Wow, it's amazing that these people are still allowed to be in business. We live in Katy, Texas and have had the absolute worst experience from the first day of moving in. When we were unloading our U-haul and walked into the house, we noticed that squatters had taken over. We found the house to be completely filthy, and even worse, needle syringes inside the toilet. Although some of the issues were fixed, we experienced other problems with the house throughout the first year. The final straw came when we were broken into a second time. The police discovered that it was our next-door neighbors! Even though the cops found my belongings inside their house, they were unable to make an arrest. Terrified that the neighbors might retaliate against us, I tried to get in touch with the management team to transfer us to another property, being that I have a small child. I am aware that break-ins can happen anywhere, but the fact that it was our next-door neighbor, I felt like we had to get out of that house. After a solid week of trying to get in touch with my property manager, Yunka Young, I finally just went into her office to get some answers. She told me that she would need $1000 for a transfer fee, and that I would need to put down new security deposits and sign a new lease. In addition, she would have to schedule a walk-through at my current house. All of this, she said may take awhile as they are going through a merger--as if business just shuts down. She then told me that she could waive my fee for not giving a 30 day notice, if I brought her a police report. So, at this point, a week has gone by and I am still in the same house. As instructed, I go to the police office to retrieve the report. The police were only able to give me one-page of the report as a favor, because the entire report would not be available for another week. The next day, we showed back up at her office with the $1000 deposit and the report only to receive an email (they never call you) from Yunka saying that she could not waive the 30-day fees and restrictions because my police report did not mention the neighbors. Basically, she called me a liar and wants more money and wants to try and post-pone our move even further. As if the entire experience of the robbery, having many of my belongings stolen, was not bad enough, I am now dealing with a company who does not care anything about me. Everyday has literally been a living nightmare. Meanwhile, we have had our house packed for a week; my son is staying in another city with my mom; my neighbors have not been charged; and my house is still damaged from the break-in (we have plywood over the window). I keep thinking that it will all be over, but the hits just keep coming. We are now thinking of using the "Buy-out" option which requires two-months rent to get out of our lease. I wish that I would have done my research on this company before I had ever moved in. They do not care about us. We are just a dollar sign. If anyone ever talks to a lawyer about these people, let me know!

• Be
    Beth Dilday Parker Jun 07, 2016

Waypoint is the most unprofessional and unethical company I have ever dealt with. They only want to put bandaids on major problems. Our air has been on and off for almost three weeks. We live in Florida and it is currently 82 degrees inside. That is only because if we turn it off for an hour or so it will reboot and cool temporarily. Our garage door opener took 3 outages before it was fixed, about 3 months. Everything in this house is seconds. The first week we were here I went to wipe down the front of the refrigerator and paint came off revealing dents and scratches. I am sooooo over this sorry excuse of a company. I will be contacting an attorney tomorrow.

Angry-Tenant Sep 19, 2016

I live in Denver Colorado. When I first moved in my home it was under another management company called Colony American Homes. They were great. But then they merged with Waypoint Homes and now I have been in total hell. My rent has went up a total of $500.00 since they took over. They refuse to fix anything stating that it is my responsibility to fix the property such as my sprinkler systems. I use to be able to pay rent online but now after the 5th they lock you out. I have never been late ever since I have been living on my own with my rent. The only option they have is mailing a money order to there local office here in Colorado. So I did and they lost my money. I had 3-$500.00 money orders and 1-$300.00 money order and they posted 1 of the $500.00 money order and the $300.00 but 2 of my $500.00 money orders are missing. I have been trying for a week to call them. I have left messages and just called repeatedly and no call back and no answer. But they were quick to come and put a 3 day notice of eviction on my door. I have tried to get the corporate office information and Waypoint Homes customer service stated they are not allowed to give out that information. That is a big red flag!!! What are they hiding. Corporate is note a secret service place and why won't they let anyone contact them. When it comes to my money and my family being homeless you would thing they would care a little bit more. DO NOT RENT FROM THEM IF YOU ARE SMART OR HAVE ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE PLEASE.

• 12
    12123 Sep 30, 2016

Wow!
    Now I know I am not alone ...the home owners need to be aware of all these major concerns. Maybe cable news networks should see this!
    Being a disable retired Army veteran. I HAVE ALSO HAD PROBLEMS FROM THE FIRST MOMENT AFTER MOVING IN. 6 MONTHS AGO.

• Dj
    D Joh Jan 18, 2017

I have been trying to move out of this home since October 2016, I gave my police report for an assault that happened with a neighbor within your subdivision, however, due to the lack of communication and back and forth emails I am getting no where. I have tried to contact Corporate today and spoke with someone because they told me you were at that office and would not be in Houston for a week. I have a little less than 2 weeks to be out by Feb 1, 2017. I noticed that I have my water bill and deposit taken they told me at MUD that you have to refund that, and my electric bill was taken as well so no bill for January, though I am still living on Kiplands, my Notice to vacate is Dec. 29, 2016 and move out by Feb 1, 2017. I have been working with Diego one of your agents and being told by Cortney that you have to cover all these issues, but only waiting more than 48 hrs for information now months.

Again lack of contact with leasing manager or agents, I was told from David your agent that my eviction from 2010 can possibly deny my transfer application, I already lost money trying to move outside of Waypoint from a private company because they accept no evictions but if I have been leasing for three years at this home this should not be a problem. Today I call Waypoint to see if Courntey found out anything from you, but nothing, and that records state I am to pay 1500 to transfer, Absurd! I dropped off the stamped police report from the precinct and they told me this was all they do to validate the report and if you had any questions to call, however, no call to them to date. I have looked at some homes through Waypoint and put in application that could be used but did not pay another fee because I have no more money to lose, and want to make sure this would be a smooth process.

Only told over and over you are out of the office, no response to my concerns or previous emails and my move out date is approaching. So I continue to contact corporate to find you and call center very rude telling me to wait 48 hours for response, and I was only trying to see if the person I spoke with this afternoon had passed my concerns to Corp Prop manager from what I told him today, again nothing. Again this has been going on since October of 2016 and my move or concerns are not answered, my police report no good, no information on my referral fee and my eviction will haunt me, all discouraging news.. Today I spoke with Kevin at Corporate again and said he would forward my issues to someone in that office that handles cases as this. Hours later before work I got call center rude. So now calling back to the Woodlands office and spoke with JR who advised me again it is noted for you to get back with me and a week is too long from today.

I am very disturbed now having problems trying to transfer within Waypoint where I am told that my eviction on my record from 2010 will deny my application regardless even though I have been leasing for 3years, first Triton homes, then Colony took over, now Waypoint all with renewed leases from the date of move in 2013. I am very concerned that I may be charged a fee of 1500 to transfer since Waypoint has not contacted the local precinct whom stamped and validated the police report for the second time I was redirected back to get a more valid report. Again, after a second trip to the police station they told me that what I gave you is Valid. But no one called to verify yet, if so I would not have a 1500 transfer fee added to my account, emails of my move out that didn't even have a 60 day Notice put in place yet, but my bill of 71.00 from MUD for my water was covered by you in December and my deposit taken of 150.00., now my light bill, but my move out is not unit Feb, 2017, so what is the office doing? Messing things up for me and I am still a current resident and paying rent on time every month with no delays.

Again, this has been since October 2016 since the assault, the sole reason I am trying to move before my lease ends again in May of 2017. I am getting the run around still to date, and currently looking for other leasing companies to lease from as we speak due to the negligence and contact follow up from you or anyone with Waypoint with my concerns. I don't want to pay fees or be charged any more money besides the return of my deposit, even though I have lived here for 3years I will return the key and have home cleaned normal things should not be charged is for painting and carpet/floors. So now I am still waiting for Corporate or office Manager, you to call me immediately upon receipt of this email and respond accordingly. I have less than 2 weeks to be out of this. I have also referred my Pastor to Waypoint and they moved in their home Dec 21. 2016 and was told from Waypoint that they do not honor any referral fees in Texas, but on the website it offers a 50 gift certificate of some sort, or they would pay any licensed agent in Texas the full fee. So I am figuring they are not honoring my referral application for Douglas Preston either, even though I am going through so much mind blowing back and forth I still recommended them for housing and they are happy until nightmares hit. I work nights it is often difficult to follow up at times now I am finding myself restless trying to get answers. Please help me in any way if possible, again I am just trying to move without owing before my lease is up in MAY. Wanted to transfer with Waypoint but homes I have visited in Houston were either rented or taken, or not satisfactory to my budget or not clean. Very frustrated tenant.

• Co
    concerned one 2017 Mar 06, 2017

I only been a resident for a few months and my basement was flooded, they assured me before moving in that the finished basement would NEVER flood and that I only need renters insurance in case of fire or break in and etc. I am a fulltime college student that is pregnant and all of my baby things and my books for school amongst other things was damaged due to the flooding. They refuse to replace my items that was damaged and told me that's why they tell us to get renters insurance, well I have renters insurance and they don't cover floods, none of them do. I need help as I have called other places like fema and red cross but they cant help unless your state has been declared a disaster state

• Cn
    CNeWill21 Sep 18, 2017

My credit is low 400s I need to rent a house for family money is no issue for hubby and I we just made wrong choices in the past will waypoint approve us?

• Ti
    Tim Nusbaum Nov 16, 2017

You should be aware that waypoint homes just merged w invitation homes so expect all these problems will now be hidden with invitation homes labeling.

I feel sorry for thousands of home renters who will now have to fight even a bigger cadre of lawyers who will be representing these sleazy [censor] slumlords.

I do believe reports that this ceo is a buddy of our [censor] president. They have the same gutter mentality of greed and abuse.

• Pr