Menu

Vizio review: Television & home theater sound system

J
Author of the complaint
6:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought into the Vizio environment. I have their P-Series Quantum TV and Surround Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos Wireless Subwoofer.

I heavily research products I'm going to spend a bunch of money on and ended up purchasing these.

I did not regret my purchase. For the price point, both products are phenomenal. The tv's picture quality is amazing and the dolby atmos is crazy.

I started having problems with the HDMI ARC not registering any signal, and having to hard reset every time I had the issue. It wasn't often and didn't bother me. Until it started happening more frequently, and now I have to hard reset the soundbar almost every time. The tv has gotten super laggy (i.e. when navigating menus; selecting things; loading apps) and I've factory reset it multiple times. You cannot install or uninstall apps, so I can't uninstall anything I haven't been using.

I wanted to like this company so bad. I contacted customer service about the soundbar crapping out and not receiving input and having to hard reset.

She asked if it was in the window of its 1 year warranty, and of course it isn't. The soundbar is just shy of being 2 years old.

She said since it isn't under warranty, there wasn't anything she could do.

The near $600 5.1.2 Channel Home Theater Surround Sound System, with Dolby Atmos broke in under 2 years, and they can't do anything for me?

I'm pretty butthurt, but swearing at the customer service rep isn't going to do me any good.

So I'm here, warning you reader, if you decide to spend your hard earned money on Vizio, get the damn extended warranty.

The products are amazing at that price point, but they aren't going to last. Buy nice, or buy twice.

To Vizio, I know this doesn't hurt your giant corporation in any way, but you've lost me forever. I hope I can say that for anyone who reads this review.

More Vizio complaints & reviews