Vivial (formerly The Berry Company) Logo

Vivial (formerly The Berry Company)

Having problems with Vivial (formerly The Berry Company)?

3100 Research Blvd № 250
Dayton, Ohio

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vivial (formerly The Berry Company).

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 30, 2020

Vivial (formerly The Berry Company) — Renewing contract without notification

I have tried on numerous occasions for the last few months, and by multiple means, online, by phone, to...

Vivial (formerly The Berry Company) — Digital Advertising

In September 2014, I entered into a 12 month contract with The Berry Company for the YP.Com advertising to...

The Berry CompanyThey destroyed my entire buiness on line adveritising

Ill keep it short.
Berry has changed my business name and my services on local listings without my approval of the changes.
They are calling my business a plumbing business and I AM NOT A PLUMBER.
They destroyed all of my online advertising information.
I would not recommend Berry to worst enemy.
Worst website or advertising company on the planet.

The Berry Company — Fraudulant sales practices/ Harassment/ Rip Off company

I will make this one short. I was sold a website. Berry Built a website for a plumber, and I am not a...

The Berry Company — Failure to abide by their contract

For 2013 I reuped for YP book advertising as well as adding a Berry designed website. I already had a website...

The Berry CompanyCustomer service/billing

I did not know my local phone company decided not to bill me for the yellow pages. The Berry Company owns the local telephone book here in Ashtabula, Ohio. Six months after the book comes out I receive collection calls from The Berry Company. Apparently they have been sending an invoice to someone else. I had no idea what the person on the phone from the collection department was talking about because they did not have a good grasp of the English language. After I understood I asked them to send me a bill outlining the services. Instead I got a piece of paper with a total on it. After I finally received a bill I submitted it and it was paid in 30 days. Apparently they lost the check because I am still getting collection calls from this company. I am now paying the bill over the phone just to get them to stop calling me. By the way, I asked them on a recorded line to stop calling me, they still call. I am very disappointed that the employees of this company and the management are incompetent or just plain stupid. I am sorry that I have to deal with them or my business suffers. Right now I am rooting for the internet !

• Vivial (formerly The Berry Company)'s response · Mar 20, 2013

Robert, we're sorry for the confusion that has been caused with your billing. Please contact us at [email protected] or 800.877.0475 and indicate that you have submitted a complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com. We would like to get this issue resolved for you.

The Berry Company — deceptive trade practices, false advertising, harassment

The Berry Company solicits business via yellow pages or local phone companies and tries to get you to...

The Berry CompanyUnfair and Deceptive Trade Practices involving extending terms on telrphone directory advertising, fraudulent internet and website solicitations

I m an attorney investigating claims of The Berry Company aka Windstream extending circulation dates for telephone directory yellow pages advertising beyond the annual period represented and continuing to bill for months beyond the twelve month period agreement without publishing the "new" telephone book for the next year until anywhere from a few to several months into that year period. This happened to our firm and is apparently a pattern of business for these companies. I believe this is an unfair and deceptive trade practice and would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has or is being victimized by this tactic. We are currently concentrating on "violations" in Ohio but would be interested in hearing from any State. My e-mail is [protected]@rcbiales.com

• Vivial (formerly The Berry Company)'s response · Mar 20, 2013

We would like to help resolve any issues that our customers are experiencing. It's our goal to deliver quality advertising solutions and excellent customer service. Please contact us at [email protected] or 800.877.0475. Provide your business name, phone number and a brief description of the issue you are experiencing and let us know that you have submitted a complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com

• Be
          BerryClient Jul 01, 2012

I currently do business with the Berry Company and am aware I the extended contract. However, you may want to brush up on the terms and conditions you signed with them prior to wasting your time "investigating". It is written out that they may extend the life of any given directory.

• Co
          Concerned Patron### Aug 07, 2012

I agree Berry Company is a rip off and the customer service is oblivious to what is going on. I have been going round and round with them regarding posting payments... Windstream Yellow Pages, Insight Local, & then to Berry They switch account numbers on me from one # to a new # them back to the orginal # without notice and then didn't apply the payments correctly and now is trying to bill for payments already made and no convincing them they have made a mistake. Terrible Company... I say drop the service totally who looks at yellow pages anymore anyway?

The Berry CompanyUnauthorized charges, poor customer service, unauthorized price increases

The Berry Company handles the yellow page advertising for numerous smaller town directories in our area. However in the last year their customer service has been nothing short of horrible. Berry doubled the listing cost for one town, over doubled the agreed to price on another three towns and when we faxed them a copy of what we agreed to the customer service person agreed they were wrong, but nobody could or has been able to straighten this mess up. We started complaining to the Missouri Att. General's office however just this last week (Dec. 27, 2011) we received a letter from their office explaining how they could not get Berry to respond so now it was our problem to deal with. Another horrible problem is that this company is now renewing our contracts without our approval or knowledge at higher prices!! This company (Berry) without a doubt the worst company we have EVER dealt with. Any phone company who hires this company to handle their yellow page advertising should know what type of customer service and ethics they are dealing with. Stay away from Berry Advertising!!!

The Berry CompanyWorst customer service I have ever had!

From leaving my phone number out of the local phone book to my current problem of stopping internet advertising, the Berry Company has caused my business nothing but problems. In December 2010 my ad disappeared on the internet. After numerous calls I still have no explanation as to why that occurred. They have a problem with returning phone calls. I have been trying to cancel some advertising since December 2010 with no success. The only response I receive to my numerous written requests is more inaccurate billings. I have only heard from one person at the company who I thought was going to solve the problem. The problem has only continued and escalated to a level that has completely frustrated me. I highly recommend not doing business with this company, because once you start they will not let you stop.

• Updated by Berry Management · Jul 22, 2011

Thank you for advising me of this situation. Please email [email protected] with indication that you have submitted a claim via complaintsboard.com and I will ensure the claim gets full attention. Please include telephone directory, name of business and telephone number associated to the advertising. Berry Management

• De
              Derfo Mar 13, 2013

I agree completely! They are very pernicious parasites! I can't think of them without my blood pressure jumping to dangerous levels! Just imagine what slime lurks at the upper eschlon

• Ro
              RobertJ1966 Mar 13, 2013

I just got off the phone with the billing and sales department in Lexington KY. These people have to be nice as this is all they have. I could not believe how dumb these people are. I had to ask the same question 6 times. The question required a yes or no answer. They all seemed real nice, but dumb. I really hate working with dumb people. Save nice for parties and church.

The Berry Company — bogus lawsuit

In 2006, I was sued by the Berry Company for advertising I had never requested nor authorized for yellow page...

The Berry Company — Yellow Pages

We had paid for our year of outrageous service which did not benefit us. When they called to renew I...

The Berry CompanyNothing has been resolved!!!

I spoke with Jasmine Fleming in the Hudson, Ohio office in December of 2010 and I told her I had been trying to cancel my advertising in the Houston Texas Sugarland/Katy directory for over a year. She assured me that she would get to the bottom of the situation and she herself would call me back. I called back and spoke to another rep who told me that nothing had been done on my account and they are still charging me for services that I do not want! I really want this to end. I have been dealing with this for too long and I am sick of it. I will NEVER do business with this company again. When I spoke to Jasmine Fleming, she told me she would take care of this and I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. Well here I am stuck with these fruadulent charges and nobody that can help me. Oh, and I'm still waiting on Jasmine to call me back, almost two months later!!!

• Updated by BerryEscalationsManagement · Feb 04, 2011

Thank you for advising me of this situation. Please email [email protected] with indication that you have submitted a claim via complaintsboard.com and I will ensure the claim gets full attention. Please include telephone directory of the omission, name of business and telephone number associated to the advertising. Berry Management

• Be
                BERRY COMPANY IS A FRAUD Feb 09, 2011

I am in the process of getting the runaround from berry also. I have been waiting on a call back for 4 months.I even have a claim number and have called many many times and left several messages with no call backs.I have filed a complaint with windstream phone company along with the Public Utilities Commission since windstream is the company billing me for this and Berrry bills windstream.Bottom line is THE BERRY COMPANY IS A FRAUD!!!

• We
                WeddingsbyMichele Aug 16, 2011

I have had the same problem since 2009. I have been put on hold, given the run around and written letters until I finally said enough is enough. I stopped paying and it took them 8 months to start calling for their money. I told them when the President of Berry has time to call me, I'll take his call, but until then I am not explaining anything to anyone anymore.

• Fw
                Fwoggle Jan 05, 2013

No resolution here either... Just more runaround over a verbal agreement that is most disagreeable.

The Berry CompanyLeft out our ad

After paying for display ads for over 30 years, this year the ad was not in the book, even after I (like usual) talked to the rep on the phone. When I call to try to talk about this I am faced by a wall of some very uncaring people (well, if you weren't billed for it, what are you complaining about?). OR, I'll get you something special online, I'll call you back in 30 days(60 days ago).
              Am stll waiting to hear from these bozos.

• Updated by BerryEscalationsManagement · Jan 25, 2011

• Ge
                  George Rogers Jan 25, 2011

As per the response I got from Berry management, I will send the info requested and wait. More Later.

The Berry Company — Employees

The customer service is horrible. I had to wait on hold for 34 minutes. when i finally got through to...

The Berry Companybilling for unrecieved services

In June 1999 I contracted the Berry Company, who was working with Yodel, to create, host and market my website. I was suppose to pay $883 for 6 months and $600 for the last 6 months for a year. Billing would not start until the website was up and being marketed. They told me I would be up in 2-3 weeks so I went ahead and cancelled my current website marketing. After calling and working with numerous different technicians it was November and I still wasn't up. They started billing right away though. I saw I was going to miss the Holiday marketing, which is essential for our gift sales and after fighting with Berry and Yodel reps I told them I wanted the rights back to my website. They said I was under contract and had to pay.

I finally worked out a deal that I would stay with them another six months and I would be refunded all the money I was charged for and get another 3 months free. I have left them in May when my contract was up and they continued to bill me until and including Sept. 2010. My October bill did not include more internet advertising, they did increase my yellow page advertising $200 over what I signed a contract for.

I've met with reps, had the vice pres of operation of this area call me and applologize and tell me it would get straightened out and the same thing always happens. They switch me to another rep and credit my account nothing. I have paid my phone bill and yellow pages advertising each month and due the the charges they continue to bill me for (services I'm not getting and late charges) they say I owe them over $6000.00.

I have tried the PUCO and they will not help me because it is considered internet advertising and not a utility problem.

I have mountains of documentation of emails, phone conversations, etc. I've spent hundreds of hours working on this bill and they bascially just give me the run around. This is a scam, I have contacted the Attorney General months ago, but they said they are waiting for a response from the Berry Company and have not heard anything back.

If anyone can help me please call Susan.

The Berry CompanyFalse & Deceptive Advertising Practices

I am an attorney in Rochester. The Berry Co. has billed me and reported me to a debt collection agency over a purported advertising debt which I do not owe. I have asked for the basis for the charges and have received nothing. I have submitted proof I do not owe the charges they are claiming. I have spent months trying to resolve this, have been hung up on, etc. I am in the process of investigating a law suit against this company. Anyone else with a complaint, please e-mail me at [protected]@vienceklaw.com. Thank you.

• Li
                      lizhot1 Sep 17, 2010

I am angry that Berry has done this to so many people. I will be emailing you shortly.

• Mi
                      mick22766 Oct 25, 2010

We haven't had that specific issue, but the ones we have had are SO frustrating!!! They are a disaster of a company and unfortunetally they know they have the entire market where we live. We are in Lincoln, NE and they do not have any competition. I wish you luck!! McKenna

• As
                      aschlosser2000 Feb 23, 2011

The Berry Company slammed me. I advertised with them for 1 year...I did not receive a good response. They contacted me and I told them I wished not to advertise with them again...They did it anyway...without my permission a contact or anything...I have written the 4 times and called and they started an investigation? I’ve never heard the results? Now they want to turn the account to collection...They are dishonest and just bad

• Mk
                      MKP1234 Nov 08, 2011

The Berry Company is just awful they lie, bill for services that are not ordered, turn people over to collection without due process can't or won't give written proof of anything they say. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE CROOKED AS CAN BE.

• De
                      Derfo Mar 13, 2013

This Company is a nightmare. Their salesmen are cheaters and idiots. Don't fall for their deceit they will use abbreviations in the contract and then change the meanings of them slamming you for their own selfish sales goals! On line yellow pages is my big beef now, I told him it was ineffective and I wanted no part if it, he said okay I'll give it to you for free. Then I end up getting slammed for it because of initials on the contact that were erroneous. If you must deal with these crooks pix through the contract with a fine tooth comb get a copy and go home and pray really hard. In my humble opinion go without these shysters! They are crooked as the day is long!

The Berry Company — being falsely billed

they are charging us 1, 580.79 for service. we have never agreed to use their service. it is for advertising...

The Berry Company — Diseptive Charges after Contracts End

DO NOT USE THE BERRY COMPANY. If you are thinking about it Stop right away. Demand that they actually send...

The Berry CompanyFraudulent Charges

I just remote call forwarded a number that was being used by another party that had a contract with The Berry Company. I paid the installation fee and monthly fee and Northstate Comm just started adding the charges to my bill. I have filed a complaint with the BBB against both companies. I have informed them to contact the prior owner and have the ad updated to reflect his updated company info. I plan to file with the Attorney General's then move to a more serious forum. I have asked them to supply me with details about the existing contract and a copy of it. It would be beneficial for them to take this seriously.

• Updated by The Berry Company Customer Relations · Feb 01, 2010

We at The Berry Company have contacted this party in an attempt to resolve this concern. Should your company have any concerns with The Berry Company Please contact us dirtectly at [protected] 8am-8pm M-F for assitance with your concern.