Vital RecordsScam to defraud the public

T Review updated:

This site offers birth certificates, death certificates, and decrees of divorce for $19.99, and deliver NOTHING.

This is a scam, their phone number is bogus, and they do business through PayPal.

If you have been ripped off by this company then please contact PayPal and let them know. My dispute is pending, but if there are enough complaints, we can make them stop going through PayPal to disguise themselves.

If you get lost in the PayPal phone menu, enter zeros to get to a representative.

PayPal customer service: [protected]

• De
    DevilDoc Oct 23, 2019

Scammed out of $155 for Expedited Service (2-5 days). 2 weeks later and still receiving the same canned responses about it being delayed. Filed complaints with Texas AG, BBB, scam report and my bank (USAA). USAA began investigation and refunded my $155 within 24 hours. They ask for photos of your driver license, so I'm betting there's IDENTITY THEFT involved.

• Ro
    RoseD## Aug 15, 2019

My daughter was just scammed by the same company, Since I work for the government its a wrap. For all of you that have submitted request and have provided your personal information you should do the following. If you paid through PayPal you will file a complaint against both entities, contact all 3 credit bureaus and have you a fraud alert placed on your reports, contact IRM, BBB and your local authorities make sure you have your receipts.

• Te
    Teri Sadler Hansford Mar 10, 2019

Which company are we talking about here? vitalrecords.com or easybirthcertificates.com ?? Which is legit and which is the scam?

• Kl
    KlassyOne Nov 21, 2017

SCAM... SCAM... SCAM
    I TOTALLY AGREE with this complaint!! It’s been OVER a month & I’m STILL waiting on My birth certificate right now!!! I emailed & called them to find out where was my $69 plus $12 birth certificate and asked them for a refund which they said they couldn’t do because the state already has processed it and they did the service that they claim... WHAT A LIE!!! DONT GET FOOLED into this SCAM!!!
    As long as it’s taking I could have taken my money & put it towards a ticket to get my birth certificate myself

• Pe
    Penny Wabich Oct 20, 2017

This company charges $69.00 for a copy of a birth certificate. The $69.00 is for a "packet". When the "packet" is received there is a form from Health and Human Resources with all your information stating you can mail this form with an additional $12.00 to get your certificate? So really the only thing they do is type up a form for you to send to the State records office and I assume the $12.00 is payable to the State for that certificate. Is this legal? I could have done this myself but was under the impression they would send me the certificate. This is false marketing and a scam and I intend to report this to the FCC immediately. No one should be able to trick you like this for that amount of money and provide you with nothing. Hope these people get what is coming to them.

• Sc
    SCAMWOW May 02, 2011

I sent off for my certificate in March, and two days later it showed me that my request had been processed and sent in the same day. I was excited bc it states it could take up to 14 business days and 10 business days to ship. so I waited every day I would go to the mail and get NO CERTIFICATE!!! So I call their customer service and they tell me they don't see that it's been processed yet even though the site shows it has. I had received emails showing me it had and everything seemed legitimate. So I was not happy but I waited and checked the mail every day and STILL NO CERTIFICATE. So I call again and a man answered and says it shows it was mailed so if you didn't get it then contact the Post Office but we won't refund you so if you want it you will have to purchase it again, anything else I can help you with ? I said we get our mail from everyone else and from ppl we've made transactions with a couple of weeks after you...Customer Service Agent: Anything else I can help you with? ----------------------------So now it's sinking in SCAM...I told him you haven't helped me in fact all you have said is you can't help me and then try to get me off the phone...Customer Care Agent: Have a nice weekend ...CLICK-------------------------

• Sp
    speck135les Jul 15, 2009

identichek was unable to provide me wih any information about myself and wether i had been married previously. they weren't even able to tell me i own property which i know i do and the information on that is readily available. they attempted to make me pay themembership fees to several other busineeses they are associated with when i clearly expessed i was not interested.honestly take the time to do the research yourself if you need something done. going through any company is bad news.

• St
    step1 Jul 15, 2009

You have the WRONG company. Vital Records is a legitimate company...HOWEVER the first website you went to was most likely JTS and Associates who are the real scammers!!!