Verizon Fiosrequested deposit

I applied online for Verizon FIOS Triple Bundle (phone/ Internet & TV). It was an impressive deal $99.95 month for 2 years, $150 bonus back. As I proceeded in the application process, I was asked for $125 deposit. I gave them my MasterCard/Debit number. The next day some bills I authorized payment for were rejected. I went onto my account & found that Verizon had taken $400 out of my account! I called them the next day & was told that was an error I did not need a deposit & in 24 hours the $400 would be refunded. When it wasn't I called again & was told the same day. For 3 days, this is what I was told. On the 4th day after an all day, investigation a supervisor told me the $400 deposit was correct. Being on permanent disability, I have MS I DO NOT have $400 to give them. I was forced to cancel my order. But even though it took them less than 24 hours to withdraw the money from my account it will take them 4 to 6 business days to refund it! During this time, I DO NOT even have money to put gas in my car & I am incurring late fees because I cannot pay my bills. As bad, as my current company is I am forced to stay with them. Verizon does not service poor disabled people!

• Mi
    Michael Benjamin Nov 03, 2009

I was required to give a $400 deposit for a quad bundle for Fios, Internet, Phone and Wireless (already a customer). They claimed I am a credit risk via Experian and my score is over 700 with Experian. I asked for their rationale and they said it was computer generated. I think they are doing this to everyone in lieu of the economy. Very unethical. I haven't been late with a payment in over 10 years and I am 31 years old. I wasn't even late with any of my payments when I was unemployed last year.

I may report Verizon to the BBB.