Verizon Communicationsbilled for non-existent service

307 S. Willow Ave
Galloway, New Jersey 08205
[protected]
Account Number : [protected]-12Y
I am writing to you to express my displeasure and utter frustration with your Verizon. In September 2015 I applied for service from Verizon and was denied service due to outstanding balance from my previous address. After I satisfied the total amount owed, totaling approximately $ 190.00, I was told to wait for the records to clear and call the following day.
When I called the following day, I was informed that I had an outstanding balance of an additional $350.00, bringing my account to a $0 balance. I had them verify that this information was correct and even though I was totally dissatisfied, I paid the remainder and was told that I would be transferred to new accounts so that I can set up new account.
After 2 ½ hours on the phone with various Verizon representatives, and being placed on numerous holds, I was told that I had to pay an additional $250.00 for a deposit. I denied and the representative said that I qualified for the phone service only. I was told that a service technician would be out to my address to connect lines. I took off work early and the technician never came. So, I decided to forget about the delivery of Verizon services.
Now, it has been over 5 months, and continue to receive an overdue bill despite NOT having Verizon service of any sorts.
I contacted Verizon so many times & explained that I never had Verizon service at the current address, but no one has given me any satisfactory service.
I’ve heard great things about Verizon in the past, but after receiving this kind of experience, I regrettably I really did not come across any commendable experience. I am highly disappointed.
I sincerely hope that we can resolve this matter and I will wait for 30 days for a reply and then if not satisfied, I will report this to the Federal Trade Commission.
Sincerely,