Complaints & Reviews

Bad service

Despite my better judgement I placed an order with Utsav sarees. Everyone deserves a second chance. Not this company I paid a lot of money for a printed saree with “matching blouse” the printed saree turned up however the blouse was a plane black boring bit of work with no detail what so ever. It was not even in the same fabric as the saree. I expressed my complaint and they said that if I want one that matches I have to pay $12 to get it stitched and $15 to get it shipped. If they got it right first time around I would not have to pay anything extra. I have emailed back saying that the extra cost to have something that I should of got in the first place is not acceptable I will let you know how I get on. Of course you may have to wait a while as it takes many days to answer an email

Jayshree02 Jan 10, 2011

Hey,

I would suggest you buy next time from Fusionshoppe.com - they provide free shipping and $10 for stiching. Some products have free stiching also. Good luck.. I have switched to fusionshoppe and will give 5 stars to their service.

Fraud of 149.00 dollers

HI,
I placed order with Utsav (on 18 June 2010) on their website http://utsavsarees.com/
of 149.00 dollars for woman’s traditional apparel.I ordered their items only because of their express delivery option (which says ships in 2 to 3 days). because my in law’s were visiting me first time to USA and they wished to see me in Indian Apparel. I planed to wear them on Indian ocaation “Vatsavitri vrat” 25 June and then on 30 June which is my birthday as My in laws where suppose to go back to India by July 6, 2010.

I didn’t received anything until 10 days pass after I placed my order. They did not notify me anything about when it will ship then I email them about it. they started to give me assurance that they are facing some problems that’s why shipment is late and it will ship in 3 to 4 days.They give me same type of assurance at least 6 to 7 times and finally Utsav shipped my order after 2 months(mid of August 2010 after my lots of complains by email (almost 15 to 16 complaints in 2 months). I explain them why I ordered with them and what are my time lines but no result I got from them.
when I received order it was not as shown in picture even fitting were improper. I complained and asked them to return my money because first they were failed to deliver in time. Suppose, if they would have took 7 to 8 days more for delivery then I would have tolerate but they took two months and even they didn’t notify me about it until I asked them. I was being such nice or fool that I gave them chance to make me wait for 2 months. Even My in laws left without seeing me in Indian clothing and My in laws along with my husband all family member got angry at me that why I choose this type of company?
But Utsav customer care person “Shakti” wrote me that refund is not possible in any case only modification is possible. when I argued and complaints many times that it was their fault that they took such long time and didn’t send proper items then after many head heating arguments via email, She give me only 20 dollar discount out of my 149.00 dollar for 2 months late shipping and 11.40 dollar to returned this items back to Utsav for modification. so, I returned it on 30 August 2010 since I haven’t received my items or money back.

before even they were not ready to give me return shipping charges which was 11.40 dollar. After many complaints they gave me that. Since 30 August 2010, they are giving me assurance that I will get my items return with all changes in 3 to 4 days. Last on end of September 2010 they promised me via email to ship my order with modification in 2 to 3 days but now it’s end of October 2010, I haven’t received anything yet. They ashamed me among my whole family. My HUSBAND IS KEEP ASKING ME AFTER EVERY 2 DAYS THAT DID YOU RECEIVE YOUR ITEMS? IF NOT THAN why THEY ARE NOT GIVING MONEY BACK? FROM NOW ON I WILL NOT LET YOU DO ANY ONLINE SHOPPING”.

So, After placing order with them, it’s almost 4 months that I haven’t got my apparel. I don’t understand what type of problem they are facing which could cause 2 months for shipping and than another 2 months for modification of that same order. I have almost more than 40 emails with them about this matter in past 4 months. if they are facing the problem that could cause moths wait to customers than they should stop taking new orders and must notify about their problem to customers because it’s not customer’s problem. They are the one who is getting money and not shipping items so, it’s their own problem.

Now I am tired of waiting. so, Last week, I emailed them that” when first time you fail to deliver my order on time than It was your first hand duty that you notify me and must give me option that I would like to wait or cancel the order instead of doing that you guys took two months to ship it to me and didn’t return my money. Now when Received the order and it was improper, after I have return all items, Now it is more 2 months since you are not shipping it back to me and keep giving me false promise. SO, I do not want your items anymore because anyways it is useless for me now as all occasion to wear it has been already gone. So, return my money. Then they stop replying my email.

Now, in current situation, they are not replying my emails, haven’t refund me my money, Haven’t returned my items back. It looks like they are not facing any problem but doing some type of fraud or scam that “just take payments from customers and ship to customers whenever they want or not ship at all and keep give them false promise for months so, that customer get tired and stop complain or not take any action against them. They are thinking NRIs customers would not do all this trouble for couple of dollars.

That means they got my all money 149.00 USD and I got nothing, it’s a big fraud. I want to aware all NRIs from USA, U.K, Canada, Australia and customers from India who does online shopping that Not to do shopping with Utsav on website and address mentioned under in my complain.

India

They largely do business in USA via their website and they have one USA address where I have returned their all items which is:

Urvashi Amin

Fraud/Poor Customer Service

Dear All,
I advise all of you to be aware of fraudulent and poor customer service. First of all, I ordered a raw silk Kurta-pyjama and it was supposed to be shipped in 10 days but it took 1 month. Fine, i was not in a rush and so i don't care. However, I expected to receive what i ordered. To my dismay, i received a dress that did not look like a new dress. The most important thing was that the dress label was cutoff (perhaps to conceal the type of material used) with a scissor (see the attache picture). The buttons are done in a very shoddy way. I emailed them the pictures and they did not bother to explain or apologize. They did not even respond to my email. I have a strong feeling that these guys (like many businesses from india) do not care about the customer service. As many people wrote here in the complain board, all they do is take our money1 month in advance and the try to sell what they have rather that what we want. A bunch of thieves and I cannot believe that there are able to get away with their fraudulent business activities. I am looking at the possibility of complaining about them to the govt agencies.
So people be aware of this website and think twice before you buy something from them.

Fraud/Poor Customer Service

Utsav Sarees
  • Mi
    MichaelAIL Jun 15, 2010

Being that these businesses are over-seas and not even American-ran / owned / operated. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done, because the Indian officials wont care, it would be 'A problem for the Americans to deal with'. I would just say don't buy from them anymore, it's the best you can do...

• Pr
    PRN Jun 23, 2010

Finally i got a reponse...
    It goes...
    Thank you sending the images.

We have checked the images. The thread which comes out near the hole
    of the button, it remains in this way as the hole of the button is
    stitched and the thread it tied there. Please cut it with scissors.

As regards the size tag, generally we remove it at the time of packing.

The kurta is made of raw silk only. Hoewever as you are not happy with
    the product you receive we are ready to refund you 15% of the item
    cost as a token of compensation and we request you to keep the item.

Thanking you
    Sangeeta

What do you say for this kind of response...?

urvi Oct 27, 2010

They did the same type of thing with me. I ordered 149.00 USD apparel with them using their express delivery option. which was guaranteeing delivery in 2 to 3 days. One was sari-choli and other was lehnga choli. They took two months to ship it to me. meanwhile they suggest me to change some measurement two to three times and said that it was their expert advise so, I let them to do that. When I received items, Fitting were horrible that I can't wear it or no ultration were possible. I ordered this items only because of their express shipping option because I had some important occasion going on and I needed Indian apparel urgent. When I asked for refund they said we do not refund in any case and we will do modifications for items so ship it back to us. I sent them all items back before 2 months ago and I didn't receive it back yet. Now, they are not replying me since I asked them to give my money back and also not sending my items back. They took 149.00 dollars of mine and I got nothing.

Urvi

• Fe
    f.e.g May 07, 2011

Their customer service is absolutely HORRIBLE. Do not give your hard earned money to these thieves. I can not believe they are still in business even though they have screwed so many customers.

dishonest_lying about shipping date over and over

All of the customers complains about UTSAV is making sense now. I have placed an order about 4 weeks ago for an event i am going to attend and wanted to make sure i get the sarees ahead of time. So i choose the sarees that were available to be shipped within 5 days. everytime i checked with them they said it will be shipped within 3-4 days..i made a miskate of not checking online for other reviews and fall for all the good comments on their website. it's unfortunate, they have great products for very good price or at leas that' what they advertise. I bought saree from other online shops and always got them within 2 weeks..never shopping at UTSAV again. They sent me an email today saying they cancelled my order and i will get the money in 4-5 days. let's see it that comes true!!

Poor Service and Cheaters

Oreder the product on Feb 1st for my moms birthday on March 15th. Clearly told them that i want it by march 15th and followed up up to 5 times. On March 7th I receive an email saying the product is damaged and that I could select an alternate product but I wanted my money back. I have not got my product or refund till date!!!

• Nz
    nzgirl Apr 27, 2010

Hi

The same is happening to me. I ordered saree over a month ago from UTSAV and still haven't received it. I keep emailing and they tell me its damaged or will take another 2-3 days...don't know if I will recevie my saree at all and I am going on a wedding overseas soon...

• Pr
    pratso May 09, 2010

Hey I'm experincing the same problem, they dont seem to respond to my emals at all. Each time I'm given a differnt version. Its been 2 and half month since i placed my order and still been chasing them. I dont know what to do. Please advise?

• Go
    goddessnna May 10, 2010

You should file a complaint with your credit card company to get your money back.

Urvashi Amin

• Me
    Meena12 Dec 08, 2012

Utsav Fashion is a scam. They never send you whole order and also don't refund your money for undelivered items. Very poor service.
    Meena

• 12
    123teena Apr 02, 2015

The same happened to me, I ordered a churidar, I got kids churidar and a half pant, very poor material and very poor stitching. Look like some kids stitched that.
    Even my daughter she is 3 year old cant wear adult churidar. Some big scam behind UTSAV Fashion..

Very Disappinting promotion, products and service

VERY DISAPPOINTING PROMOTION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICE

I recently attended the UTSAV sari showcase that took place in London 30th Jan – 1st Feb. I was very excited about the event, as there were many items that I was interested in spending a huge amount of money on.
When I got an email informing me that they were unable to bring any of my requests as they were primarily showing this years collection, I was most upset, but felt that it would be worth a visit anyway.

I then received a email, stating cash only, which I found a bit suspicious, by this time, my heart was set on going, I should of trusted my better judgement

The venue was tiny, a box, there were items everywhere it was a mess. To try items on I was taken to the hotel toilet. Most of the items there I have previously seen in other catalogues, and I also noticed that the labels had been cut out of them.

The show promised jewellery, I saw about 5 over priced bangles, no handbags, just a box room full of fabric and people. It was awful

I found a Salwar Kameeze and I had come along way and felt like I did not want to leave with nothing. Cash was taken for it however a receipt for it was refused. To add finial insult to my London UTSAV sari experience the brown paper bag they gave to me to take it home in fell apart halfway home on the Northern Line.

I am most disappointed in UTSAV, cutting labels out of items which are clearly made by some one else, for having such a ridiculously small venue, and why cash? After I left I felt as if though I had been part of a criminal act.

It cannot be denied UTSAV do market some beautiful things, however, if they are from another company I do advise that you shop around and find these items at their source. UTSAV are quite clearly a very under hand company that have no regards for their customers needs, requirements or welfare.

The website is beautiful and there are some many fantastic photos you can loose days looking at them, however, this I fear is were the dream ends. For me at least

Sara11 Mar 22, 2011

I am very dissapointed with Utsav. I ordered a saree from the express section and they promised me that I would get the saree within five business days. It has been 3 weeks now and I'm still waiting for my saree. Now they are saying that they can't really say when they can deliver my saree. This is the last time I'm doing any business with Utsav.Think twice before you purchase anything from Utsav. Their serevice is very disappointing.!!!

no more utsav Jun 13, 2011

I also oredered with Utsav.They promised me that I will recive my order on time. I ordered 2 months ago for my sister wedding. Now they say that they are sorry but it will take 10 more days it means that I will never get my items on time for the wedding. I customized special sizes as I am pregnant so my items will be useless.I told them to refund my order. I was used to buy with Utsav but now that is too much I will not order again. I am 8 months pregnant I thanks to their lies I have to run 2 days before the wedding in the few indian shops we have in paris to buy something I could wear on my sister wedding. I am very disappointed and angry with their service.

no more utsav Jun 13, 2011

one more thing: they took a month to tell me that one of my item was no more available...imagine how slow they are dealing with orders...

• Mm
    mmbegum Apr 01, 2012

i made a terrible mistake of ordering from utsav. They sent me a totally different and cheap saree. I was so disappointed. I could not believe how badly I got cheated by them. Never buy from Utsav sarees. HORRIBLE customer service, they show something else on their website and send you something else faurd?????

Salina mali Jul 03, 2013

OMG about Utshav!!! So, you all are saying like these... I believed in 100% and feeling sorry for you all as I am feeling sorry for myself. They are sucks, lier and mismanaged S.O. Bs. Their products are nice looking and that's why I have been shopping w/them for last 5-7 years, spent thousands of dollars for these misleading products of these idiots. However, the suffering I have gone thr. each time, if I write down, going to be an essay. Let me express just one incidence among 100s: ordered about $1000.00 dollars sarees and Panjabees for man and young grandson w/ lot of faith that they will do right if I explain. More than 20 emails I did and requested to maintain the modesty on these net sarees, place on extra lilene layer about 16" by 32" on the chest area. In between, they sent two sarees w/out these although they said 'mam, no problem on it to do. My request was not applied on these two sarees unfortunately. Again contacted them and reminded- bagged even for the remaining sarees to do so. Also, made calls to overseas in reffering these requests. And you know, their respond was such as (copy and paste from one of their emails among 100 emails & from about 50 reps in different name in each time)"
    their respond: We always check the items before shipping, but may be this item got skipped off by our quality control checking department. We have already forwarded your mail with the images to our senior management and hope this type of mistakes will not happen in future.
    As regards to your order UT519436 item SKK13096, we would like to request you to kindly keep it and as a token of compensation we are ready to credit you 10% of the item cost that is USD 8.05
    Please confirm whether you are comfortable with the offer."

I informed back that I am keeping these as it is anyhow. However, remaining orders need to be taken care and plz send ASAP, it's more than/close to two months already. If you can give $20.00 discount for these lacking on these two, it can be reasonable compensation against these demages. B/c I have to stitch lilene on those w/ my hand and at least each saree is going to take an hr. for me. Plus I have severe back problem, can't sit and stitch So $10.00*2= $ 20.00. I am so glad finally you guys understood what I meant." But these offer was refused/turned down deadly.
    In regards to the remaining sarees, they wanted me to send pics to make it clear where the lilene should be. So, to make it clear, I have sent pictures thr mobile phone and sent them, that didn't give a demn satisfactory result!!!
    Requested back again to send w/ the marking where I want to have the lilene; then I did again and their respond in that time "now we understood and it's going to be the way you wanted..." I was hoping and still trusting soooo much.
    finally guess what, after another 2-3 weeks and reminding repeatedly. Stupid sarees came but each one I was opening and very disappointing that any saree didn't get lilene!!! What a pain in the ###/ pain is way on the picked of limpnode of my ###. I am very educated woman and came from a noble family but dealing w/ cheaters-liers can disappoint you so bad, somehow need to take the anger out. Specially these Indians are making good products to do buisness globally but their business ethics are so wrong and don't apply customer rule and need to improve immediately, otherwise, maximum customers are suffering.

Some more, still didn't receive the refund and didn't receive the Panjabi for our grandson!!! Fortunately, their father PayPal is there and recovered few dollars from last time's transaction few months back.

Another incidence happend w/ this order, they told me, can't provide one saree b/ c of out of stock. So I was considerate minded, instead of asking refund bought two more sarees to adjust on adding two new more sarees, for that I have to met the difference of the cost as well. When I received the orders, that saree, the one was out of stock arrived plus w/out email/ discussing w/me the other two sarees sent, the new two I bought to replace. Sooooo strange! !!!

That's it w/ Utsav sarees. Can't take anymore pain upto my limp node.
    Still they are emailing me to buy sarees from them!!!

reckless

hi i bought a dress for my birthday, but the dress did nt fit me because of ill fitting measurement...

wasted my 125 dollar

hi

dont buy from utsav. i wasted so many dollars due to their negligence. they spoiled my birthday dress with ill fitting measurements. i also paid the shipping fee which is a total waste. i wasted 125 dollar because of the stupid site. the delivery also takes 2 months and still such a bad performance. the customer service does not reply to the mails.stupid site finally. it sucks!!!

• De
    Deals Virgo Jan 20, 2011

Sad to know that Utsav is least bothered for the complaints that have been posted. It's high time for them to take action for it.

• In
    IndianinUSA Jul 27, 2012

I second above post. Waster and Damn customer service. Please dont buy anything from this website. Fooling people with online shopping. When contacted throught Chat/Telephone they only say one word, Item will be shipped in 24/48 hours and email will be sent. No email from last 2 weeks. Amount got deducted on the first day of shopping. Please please please dont buy from this website.

Charged for items that did not ship

I ordered 5 sarees from this seller from their website on March 23rd, 2009. As of October 28th, I have still not received one of them. I have been in contact with the revolving door of customer service people via email and they will not refund me, send me another saree, or at this point even respond. Since so much time has gone by trying to deal with them directly, I can't even file a complaint with paypal. As of today, I have been charged $78.50 for a saree I have not received. I have contacted them a minimum of 17 times (that's what I have documentation for, there's probably more). If this company was in the US they would not be able to do business this way. Needless to say I'm completely disgusted by the way they do business and ask anyone who is looking for sarees online to not patron this business.

• Gr
    great_critic Oct 30, 2009

Just try www.punjabidressworld.com for better service..

• De
    Deals Virgo Jan 20, 2011

• Us
    usha kondapaneni Oct 03, 2012

I agree with the above complaint. Utsav has the most inefficient sales people, who don't have any good knowledge about how to guide the customers.Once you place the order and pay the money, that's it.They are least bothered to pay attention to your complaints and concerns.Each sales person gives you a very different version and you will be left with confusion.They not even answer to your calls and when you write them the concerns you have via E-Mail, they would answer only a little part of it.They have this web called"colorfulgifts".com and they promise you that you can choose a gift item for each purchase you made, but they make it so difficult for you to order it and the order does not go thru, but your payment gets thru very easily.I had a very bad experience with this on line Indian web and i am thinking to report them to the MEDIA.Because this is the only way to bring the attention of this Business owner and straighten up their dealings and stop cheating the customers and provide good service.I am waiting on my refund for about $4, 400 i paid them thru my credit card.If they do not pay me back promptly, i will go to the E-Tv News media.

Problems with Website

I have been trying to access their website for over a day now and i keep getting the "page load error."

I have emailed but there has been no response.

could you please look into this? other people are having the same problems.

Also, i have ordered from them before and they are great. they are NOR FRAUD. Whoever said that is nonsense.

• Fa
    fatinahi Feb 05, 2011

i have ordered my sarees for more than a month, i tried to contact them by emails but with no response. i dont know what to do. is it a fraud???? bcz this my first time ordering, and i started to get suspicious about this website.

Utsav Sarees are the Biggest Cheaters of Online and did not come back

UTSAV SAREES ARE THE BIGGEST CHEATERS.I STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT BUY ANY THING FROM THE UTSAV. I made order for...

Fraud

The salwar kameez /saree blouses were not stitched properly. The worst stitching ever. The quality of customer service is bad. You have to harras them for an answer. I don't trust them to refund my money ever. The one saree I recieved was substitute item 3 because they are good at selling one item then saying it was "damaged" when they were either out or sold it from inside india. It arrived damaged with ink and markings in the embroidery like it was a sample item from the store and not 1st quality. The other saree was OK but the blouse was complete trash. It did not fit and was not made to even usual simple indian styles. They cannot customize according to the measurements or changes to a design. The suits are made smaller and the design is what THEY think they want to send you. Their express is supposed to take 7 days including stitching to outside India. Don't believe it, I am still waiting 21 days later.Do not order from them. I found this out too late and lost too much $$.

• Og
    Oguz Os May 28, 2008

Utsav Saree is sucks!
    don't believe their inviting web-site.

we ordered a clothe and paid the money two months ago. they've still not send our order.

when i want to tell them my problem, they're always saying :
    "we will send your order in 2-3 days"

that's a LIE !
    they stole my money ! not directly but they have money but didn't send my order!

if any authorized personal of utsav may read that, i'll give my order number to believe us.

Order No : UT30929

• Ar
    Armade Jul 30, 2012

They bluffed us using nice picture. very inferior product for $60. they sent us totally different kurta set. no zari patch work as mentioned in description ... fraudulent company. they need to correct their images and description ... i won't buy again there and i won't let my friends buy there. Is there authority that we can complain about UTSAV to stop this fraud.

• Pl
    Plingen Aug 06, 2012

I have ordered many sarees from utsav &apart from ONE I have had problems with all the shipments or the quality of the sarees. one saree ordered was a white on white net &the saree sent was white with BEIGE work with marks on it(pictures to prove) I had to send emails backward/orwards for them to even consider me for a refund! They offered me 15% off on the saree when the quality was soooo bad and the totallt the wrong saree, they eveb told ME to dry clean the stains!!! They really struggle to give refunds. Another saree took two months for them to tell me it was no longer available and to choose another saree!!! MASSIVE STRESS-AVOID.

• Ra
    Ranikatta Aug 16, 2012

I had the same problem with utsav. Don't buy on this web site

• Ra
    Ranikatta Aug 16, 2012

Agree

• Ar
    Arpone Sep 14, 2012

I have ordered a saree with these guys and they have shipped the wrong design of the saree. After I sent them the images of the received saree, they offered me to keep the saree and a 15% discount with the next item. Since I was not interested in the design i wanted my original item or my money back. But these guys are asking me to pay for the shipping charges even though there is no fault from my side. For them being shipped the wrong item I have to pay them the shipping charges to get my correct ordered item. They are the cheaters altogether. I have the proof of them accepting they shipped the wrong item and also their policy in the website says it is their responsibility to ship the replacement item if they ship the wrong item. Can’t we put a complaint in any consumer court?

• Bi
    Binayde Oct 11, 2012

Its utsavfashion.com right now and its horrible. FIrst two times I had ordered there, I got the reply of " sorry it is out of stock so pick something else or we can return your money". With the lack of indian stores in Canada and thinking 3rd time is the charm, I ordered once more and 1 and a half months later, finally got my order. And the custom duty fee, they are not willing to pay that for you so you have to pay it when you receive your package by ups (aka extra money added to this bull$#*!). the only reason I am giving this a 1 star is because I can't find too many websites that have the variety they do. They allow your to change the neckline, the back and everything to your liking. The end result of stitching is good but if you are willing to put up with bs and wait almost two months and pay extra money for cross border fee because they wont, then utsavfashion.com is for you.

• We
    Weegen Dec 08, 2012

OMG!!! So, you all are saying like these... I believed in 100% and feeling sorry for you all as I am feeling sorry for myself. They are sucks, lier and mismanaged S.O. Bs. Their products are nice looking and that's why I have been shopping w/them for last 5-7 years, spent thousands of dollars for these misleading products of these idiots. However, the suffering I have gone thr. each time, if I write down, going to be an essay. Let me express just one incidence among 100s: ordered about $1000.00 dollars sarees and Panjabees for man and young grandson w/ lot of faith that they will do right if I explain. More than 20 emails I did and requested to maintain the modesty on these net sarees, place on extra lilene layer about 16" by 32" on the chest area. In between, they sent two sarees w/out these although they said 'mam, no problem on it to do. My request was not applied on these two sarees unfortunately. Again contacted them and reminded- bagged even for the remaining sarees to do so. Also, made calls to overseas in reffering these requests. And you know, their respond was such as (copy and paste from one of their emails among 100 emails & from about 50 reps in different name in each time)"
    Please confirm whether you are comfortable with the offer."

Some more, still didn't receive the refund and didn't receive the Panjabi for our grandson!!! Fortunately, their baba PayPal is there and recovered few dollars from last time's transaction few months back.

That's it w/ Utsav sarees. Can't take anymore pain up to my limp node.

• Mv
    mvsindia Apr 19, 2013

Hi you must try MILAP SAREES
    have good collection try out can find on FB

• Le
    Leckos Aug 16, 2014

Don’t buy from the scamming website www.utsavsarees.com. I paid them money and they cheated on me. They took money and only promised to provide my ordered stuff, but nothing. After that all my emails were returned back and when I tried to reach these scammers, no reply. Maybe someone has any idea how to track this seller and return money back, please contact me then or leave a comment. Thanks.

Poor customer service

I am very happy with Utsav Sarees, All the product are very beautiful I always suggest others to shop at...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices