ADVERTISIMENT
Sat:9:30 am - 9:30 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Jan 11, 2020

Marshalls — manager sarah

An item was bought from a TJ Maxx store with a Marshall price tag on it. Tried to return it back to TJ Maxx...

Marshallsoverpriced item

I was shopping in Marshalls, looking for a deal of course. I happen to find a nice blouse for the price of $7.99, an decided to buy it. The shirt was size XL and another in a smaller size was marked 16.99. I figured it wasn't right so I took both to the register with me. I asked the cashier if I could get the smaller one for the same price and she had to ask her supervisor. I said ok. When the supervisor came back she said that the 7.99 price was wrong and that I would not be getting that shirt for 7.99. I asked her why two different prices and she couldn't explain why. From my understanding and being a bargain shopper for quite some time, you sell the product for the price marked, not what you think it should be. You as the supervisor should check prior to, that your section is ready for the customers. Me being the customer I expect to pay the price I see, I would have taken the larger size for 7.99 and left the smaller one for 16.99 in the store. I asked to speak to the manager. Once the manager came over to inspect the situation he had agreed to sell the blouse for the price marked. I said thank you and went back to the register. Not even 2min later the manager come over and said "let me see that shirt" I gave it to him and he took it back to the supervisor and they discussed something that I have no clue of, he came back and said I can't sell you that shirt for 7.99. I asked why and all he could say is that's not the price. I tried to get him to understand that the price is here in black and white, whats the problem. Their manager said once again that its not the price. I said if it rings up for 7.99 then I will buy it, he said no you won't and told the cashier not to sell the shirt to me. At this point the whole store is watching and I am very embarrassed because the manager was really loud with me. If the NSN numbers match on both tickets to me thats a store problem, not a customer's problem. After all this the, shirt wasn't even worth it, but I would like to know the procedures for mis priced items? I really didn't appreciate the huddle that the manager had with out me. I also didn't appreciate being made a fool of for something that I believe is right. Just want an apology and to know how "Mashalls" really should have handled this situation.

Comment Guidelines

4 Responses
    • El
      Elphie Dec 12, 2010

Give them a break. You probably switched the ticket yourself and now are [censor]ing because you couldn't get away with it.

• Au
      AussieMum35 Aug 06, 2010

I agree with TJ...if you expect to pay the price you see the pay the price on the item you plan to take home. The customer DOES NOT have the right to expect a discount on ticketed price unless otherwise advertised, regardless of how many similar discounted items are in store.

• Tj
      TJ Maxim Feb 18, 2010

You make me sick : "From my understanding and being a bargain shopper for quite some time, you sell the product for the price marked, not what you think it should be. You as the supervisor should check prior to, that your section is ready for the customers. Me being the customer I expect to pay the price I see" You either pay the price or not. The store is too understaffed with too much merchandise to make sure everything is correct. The double check at the cash register is necessary.

jay Aug 08, 2008

its impossible for us to check every single item to see if the price is correct, however at the moment he should have sold it to you for that price. but it does happen when like items are different prices. This usually happens with marked down items, and they actually are different prices. its not just the style number that matters, its also the week number, if the same item comes in at different times they will be marked down at different times, because we dont not have "sales" and it would kill our inventory if we marked everything down at the same time

ADVERTISIMENT