281 W Fordham Rd, Bronx, NY, 10468, US
Fri:11:30 am - 1:00 am
Sat:11:30 am - 12:00 am

Reviews and Complaints

Dallas BBQ — hostess/manager

I visited your Fordham/Cedar avenue location and was very offended by something that occurred. I arrived at...

Dallas BBQcustomer service

I am complaining because I was not satisfied with my service. I had to stand up to get the managers attention (because our server was no where to be found after taking our order) to order another drink. When addressed to server of the poor service and gratuity added to check that was not earned the response attitude and total disregard from the server and the manager was totally unacceptable. I will never dine at that establishment again

1. Never received a glass of water that was requested.
2. Was not checked on once after order was taken.
3. Had to stand to get someones attention to get attended
4. Was brushed off by manager when complained about service.
5. Requested for gratuity to be adjusted and was told No it was rang up already.

Complaint Against : Server - Eva (I believe)
& Manager - Lazaro

Anibal Colon
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

Respond

Dallas BBQcustomer service

My husband and I had family in town. So we decided to take his pregnant sister and her husband (4) to BBQ's for what we thought would be an great experience. Upon arrival to such restaurant. We were immediately seated but it took 32 minutes for a waiter to acknowledge our existence. When we were finally greeted by the waiter C.J our orders were taken. We sat patiently waiting for the arrival of our food while watching 6 other tables be seated. 2 of these tables had at least 6 people. After an hour we watched every single table that had been seated and greeted after us, receive their food. My husband then addressed the manager Mariano who told us the kitchen was backed up and that it takes awhile. The waiter C.J joined him in saying that cooking wings takes long. We were beyond irritated in that we had only ordered wings and fries and every table that placed their order after ours had wings. No one was apologetic but rather nasty to us as if we were wrong to complain. No one should ever have to experience being seated for more than an hour and a half without food. This experience was a complete disaster. We were not only treated poorly but the manager was very disrespectful. My husband who is a police officer showed him his badge and told him that he needed to do a better job at dealing with customer service. He just threw us the bill for our drinks and demanded that we paid. No respect for our inconvenience. In addition to this disaster we witnessed a waitress take drinks off of tables and place them in a freezer instead of discarding the drinks. Definitely an embarrassing experience.

Respond

Dallas BBQDisappointing experience

I recently placed a take out order, and was shocked and utterly disappointed at the sub-standard service I received. The employee, who totaled my order, did not greet me, nor did she show me any eye contact. At the very least she did not thank me for my business.

Her poor posture and complete disconnect was that of a person that could care less about her job or the dallas bbq brand. Clearly, she does not take her position seriously and should not be on the front line.

Her cold and sterile attitude has completely turned me away from doing any future business with any dallas bbq chain.

1 Response
        • Al
          AllDuerespct Mar 21, 2016

Date: 3/21/16
          Time: 5:30PM
          Location: Dallas BBQ Chelsea 261 8th Avenue
          Re: Complaint
          To Whom It May Concern:
          I am writing to relay my horrible experience at your establishment located in NYC Chelsea Dallas BBQ restaurant Friday 3/18/16. Let me start by saying that I consider myself one of your most valuable customers but my most recent experience has led me reconsider where I eat and spend my money.
          One of my co-workers retired Friday we all voted to take her to our usual place (Dallas BBQ) to indulge in a few drinks and dinner in celebration of her retirement. AT 5:30pm we were greeted by a hostess (young women w/glasses) who asked how many were in our party, it would have been a party of 11 but at the time it was just 8 of us. She stated we could not be seated until all 11 people were there, this is at 5:40pm the manager came out and asked the same question as the hostess and confirmed what the hostess had said. We asked if we could have a table for just the 8 of us and they said they had a table for 16 and it couldn’t be broken down, which I thought was very bazaar but at this point we said ok, we will wait.
          Now it’s 6:00pm and the rest of our party has arrived. I went back to the hostess to let her know and she said as soon as a table came available we would be seated. She explained there was a large party downstairs (150 people) and we would be seated ASAP.
          Now it is 6:30pm nothing yet, here comes 7:00pm (now at my boiling point ) NO way we arrived at 5:30 and it is now 7:00pm and we have not been seated and please believe me if it wasn’t for the fact that we waited so long already and the fact this was a suppose to be a retirement dinner, it’s late, we’re hurry and tired, we should have left and went across the street to Boston Market. Never once did the manager or hostess apologize or take in the fact the we all are standing in a corner for 2 hours. I felt like I was in the Twilights zone
          Now its 7:45 the 150 people from downstairs are leaving and once again here comes the hostess asking for another 5 minutes to allow the table to be set up. Needless to say we didn’t receive our food until 8:30pm.
          All the manager cared about was making sure we wasn’t blocking the doorway, again never once an apology or offered us a free drink or appetizers once we were finally seated.
          How is this possible? This establishment is located in the heart of NYC. This is not acceptable for a reputable establishment. I honestly hope my review/compliant will be acted upon first by acknowledging this letter then by retraining the staff or closing the facility.
          Note: We paid for the food served which totaled $414.00.
          I look forward to receiving your response.

Sincerely,