ADVERTISIMENT
Sat:5:00 am - 10:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

StarbucksService at drive through

08-26-2021

Somehow my order was set up through the app to pick up in store. I went to the drive through and told them that I could not go into the store because I had Covid. When I pulled up to the window a lady, who I assume was some sort of manager (she had red hair), set my drink on the ledge and told me that I would have to get it because she would "not be reaching towards me." Her manner was curt and condescending. I opened my door to reach for the drink and told her that there was no need to be rude. She informed me that she was not being rude but that she was "not reaching into my car." She also told me that I needed to be considerate of them. My consideration of them is why I did not go inside in the first place. Never has ignorance been on such display. Covid is not an insect that jumps on your arm. You have to be within five feet of someone for 15 minutes or more to even be exposed. We were both wearing masks and I was at the window for less than 60 seconds. I did not mind at all reaching to the ledge to get my beverage, but I did not appreciate the rudeness of this lady. There was most certainly any number of polite ways to speak to me and ask me to take my drink from the ledge. I am not a criminal because I have a virus. I am actually quite recovered and was going out of my way to be considerate by not going inside, in spite of the mistake in my order. This is bad customer service!!! If everyone who got a positive Covid test quit Starbucks your business would be suffering! What happened to the sensitivity training that Starbucks closed down in order to provide for their employees? What if I took her rudeness as an insult to my ethnicity?

Comment Guidelines

• Updated by Starslie · Aug 26, 2021

I forgot to mention that she slammed the window closed while I was still sitting there about to speak to her. I waited a few seconds and she did not open the window to inquire any further with me. When she said she would not be reaching into my car I told her that I didn't want her to reach into my car. Since when do Starbucks employees hang out the window and reach into our cars?

Respond