37375 Grand River Ave, Farmington, MI, 48335, US
Thu:6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Fri:6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat:7:00 am - 11:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Resolved faulty shut-off on pump

One of the pumps automatic shut-off valve is faulty, and does not shut-off when tank is full. As a result, there is major spillage and overflow. Even after the pump was pulled out of the gas tank opening, it was difficult to disengage the mechanism that keeps the valve open. As a result, a vast amount of gas spilled all over the floor and myself. This is a dangerous situation, and definitely needs to be repaired ASAP. The pump should be de-commissioned until it is repaired! The customer next to me mentioned that it happened to him a few days earlier.

My attempts to inform the gas station owner/attendant of the faulty mechanism was met with sheer arrogance and remarks that I should watch the pump (note: I was standing next to the pump, watching it when this happened). He also commented to other customers that I must have been on the phone! My phone was inside the car - I was outside watching the pump! I'm sure the store cameras would easily verify that. He didn't offer any apology, nor did he acknowledge that the pump will be repaired or at least a sign put out warning customers of the faulty mechanism.

The owner's/attendant's attitude was unacceptable - absolutely appalling! It would serve Shell not to have people like this being a representative of their company. I will NEVER be going to that gas station again until is under new ownership.

• Su
    sugcma Apr 27, 2010

same thing just happened to me tonight regarding the pump. The attendant didn't even care!