Menu
reviews & complaints
Stop & Shop company logo

Stop & Shop

125 Highland Ave, Seekonk, MA, 02771, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Phone number
ComplaintsBoard
F
5:09 pm EDT

Stop & Shop - Service complaint

Good afternoon, I went to my Seekonk store to buy Smithfield bacon, which was on sale & I had the coupon from the weekly flyer. It was listed as $3.29 (app) per package, limit 2. While there, I also picked up some items, which would have brought my total purchase to around $50.00.

When I went to cash out, I could not find the coupon anywhere. Instead of acknowledging my what I was telling the cashier, she charged me almost $7.00 for each package. I discovered what she was doing & had her remove the charges. I asked to speak with the manager.

I met with the manager & we proceeded to where the bacon was but could not locate the coupon. We returned to the front of the store & he looked at the weekly flyer but could not find the coupon. I told him that I was going to retrace my steps thru the store & would be back shortly.

I did go thru the whole store but the coupon could not be found. I returned to let the manager know that I was unsuccessful but he was no longer there.

I went to the front desk & the person behind the desk paged the manager but he did not respond. I told the person behind the counter that I understood their point but I was not making this up. Her pitiful responses made me feel pathetic, as if she did not believe at all of what I was telling her at all

I left the store angry over wasting almost 2 hours of my time without any of my selected items, and insinuated to be a liar.

Desired outcome: I want an apology and the opportunity to purchase the bacon at the sale price and whatever you think appropriate to keep my business, as this is the store that I have done most of my food shopping since 2006.

Read full review of Stop & Shop