ADVERTISIMENT

Fri:8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

Georgia Department of LaborUI benefits

Hey I spoke with someone before and she informed me that she had to email someone about my situation and they will call me back but that was in May. Basically have been calling and emailing trying to get in touch with someone since May because I have not gotten paid for the month of May. I haven't heard from anyone yet. Can you please email my back or call my to discuss this matter future please. I have not received any payment for the month of May and was supposed to but whoever I spoke with stated the status got switched from Individual to employer and that's why I could not claim my weeks for May. I have been calling the local office, the commissioner's office and emailing every email I found but no one returned my calls or responded to my email. Please call or email me back so I can get this resolved. My bills are behind. Thank you so much for any help you can give. If you can't help me please direct me to someone who can.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Georgia Department of LaborCustomer service

I went to the office to apply for unemployment on Thursday, October 17. It was approximately 3:30 and the office closes at 4:30. As I was completing my application online, one of the women employees asked a male employee to ask if I needed help. After he asked me, I said no and at that time the woman employee that asked the Man if I needed help asked me where I was in the application process. I told her I was filling out my past employers' information. She asked what number I was on, and I said I'm entering the fourth employer's information. She then told me that I only needed to enter two, and as she walked off she was telling the other employees that I'm sitting there filling out four employers instead of two. My issue is, how would I know that I'm only supposed to fill out two employers if there is nothing in the system that tells me to stop at number two and none of the employees told me to do that as well? She was also ready to go because it was past 4:30 and it seemed as if the employees there acted as if staying a few minutes over was going to kill them. It was very unprofessional and unnecessary and ignorant on her part. The last thing an unemployed person needs is to come to the unemployment office and have the staff to have a negative and rude attitude toward them. As I came to a screen and needed assistance, I asked the man who previously asked me if I needed help. When he came over he had no clue as to how to assist me and said he would get someone else to help me. The woman employee who came out to help me did not know how to help me to proceed to the next screen either, because she told me to put the pin number in the wrong spot and after she walked off I figured out that since I had already created a pin it needed to go on another line. For people who act impatient and frustrated and ready to go as soon as the clock strikes 4:30, they have no internal knowledge of their job or how to assist people and should be frustrated with themselves because maybe if they knew something they could move the process along quicker.

Comment Guidelines