Menu
reviews & complaints
Stop & Shop company logo

Stop & Shop

318 Middle Turnpike W, Manchester, CT, 06040, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Phone number
Sun
ComplaintsBoard
M
5:27 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Stop & Shop - Deli - public health; slip and fall hazards.

I have several concerns to share with you about the Manchester, CT Stop & Shop.

1) When I was there a couple of days ago, there were several spills of some orange liquid in the produce department that had not been cleaned up.

2) I nearly slipped on a wet wipe on the floor that had not been cleaned up. This is a "slip and fall" liability issue.

3) DELI: Flies were buzzing around the deli. I told the meat cutter who waited on me. I pointed out the "fly zapper" located on the wall about 8 feet away from the open meat/deli cases. It was filled with dead flies. He said he had never noticed it and showed zero concern for the health issues connected to flies around and possibly in the food.

I do not think that one fly zapper is sufficient for the large size of the deli.

In addition, it would be smart to place some fly zappers outside of the deli area to catch them before they get behind the counter and into the open cases of food.

4) Deli meats and cheeses are not all in a refrigerated case. Some are left out on a counter, partly uncovered and apparently unrefrigerated.

Suggestion: A health inspection and some education for staff. Perhaps they could take a field trip to Highland Park, which is always clean and safe when I shop there.

Desired outcome: health inspection and some education for staff. More fly zappers near deli.

Read full review of Stop & Shop