19305 Victory Blvd, Reseda, CA, 91335, US
Thu:24h
Fri:24h
Sat:24h

Reviews and Complaints

bad service, refused company discount coupon.

Very bad service. 03-14-2009 5:45pm pst.
Receipt # 0664 server #00066
Store #7366.

Ordered 2 kentucky burgers, 1 zucchini, 1 3 pc crisp burrito.
Presented clip internet promo 1 "dollar off coupon" at carport window to order taker. They checked with a manager refused to honor the coupon. The print out clearly shows it from carl's website and says clearly "present at store." I paid for the food and requested a few ranch dressing received. The entire order was crammed in the bag. The burgers were on the bottom of the paper bag and one of them leaked fluid onto my leather seat in my car. The crisp burritos had no guacamole sauce, which is supposed to be included as stated on the window posters at the restaurant. The burritos put in the bag vertically fell out into the bag. Zucchini was placed in sideways to upside down and also emptied into the crammed bag.

The burger I got also seemed flattened the bottom part and soaked with a liquid other than the bourbon sauce. This was a horrible experience that I received at this carl's and I wanted to let you know that because of this, 1.) I will blog it so others can know and 2.) will try to stay clear of being treated like this. I let the order taker know I would post a message complaining about the refusal to honor your company's coupon and suspect this is why the rest of my order came out the way it did. I really hope you folks do something about treating customer's like this especially when you are trying to promote your restaurant business and especially service as is. The refusal of the coupon goes on the manager's shoulders because he flat out refused it even though the print out showed the web url from carl's as well as stating on it "bring this coupon to the nearest carl's jr. Location to get your discount." that is false advertising too!

biggerslick Apr 19, 2009

Hey Jason, ever hear of bad service? I guess not. Maybe you need the car so you can go get crappy service at a Carl's.

biggerslick Apr 19, 2009

Another bad Carl's. Off Reseda Blvd. near Wilbur ave. I walked in to order a dinner. There was a Latino gentleman at the register and a Latino guy wiping the counter with a rag. He took the rag and set it across next to where they make up the burgers. No gloves, he immediately took his hands off the rags, grabbed two halves of a burger bun and began making someone's food, from the rag he was cleaning counters with. I saw that, and turned around and left. No wonder why people get sick and this guy was doing this in the wide open without any concern anyone would see him. Carl's is becoming a third world entity in the quality of health for its services. Too bad they make such tasty burgers and great advertising only to let their hired help stick people in medical centers.

biggerslick Apr 19, 2009

Ooops, meant off Sherman Way near Wilbur in Reseda, not Reseda Blvd. Need to clarify that!

biggerslick May 01, 2009

Carl's never returned an email or call on this. This is because they do not care about customer complaints and this is a very legitimate complaint, and the filthy conditions I found at the other one off of Sherman way and Wilbur should have gotten a response. Nothing, nada, zip...mum's the word. In addition go to a Carl's and watch their people making your food with no gloves. Watch what their hands touch including the side of their hair backwiping their nose, broom handles, cash register and even money itself. Every one of these are a health hazard and nobody at Carl's has yet responded and look when I first posted the complaint here. That says it all about this organization.

• Di
    DIANNA ORELLA Aug 23, 2009

I a visit carls jr stor 817 pelanda the service is not good, maneger gloria is discriminetion for empleyees
    she is not good for mageger not is profecional

• Ju
    julie-ann Sep 07, 2009

I just bought a value meal with a coupon last nigh at Carls Jr. When I got to the window the cashier was shaking her head and admonishing me. She tole me that I should have told her about the coupon when I placed my order because they need to ring it up in a special way. When I received my hamburger, It had the skins of onions in it and a hair??????? I was working out of my home office and didn't want to cook so I could continue to work.

Previous that day, I used another coupon. Every went right with that order, but my food was burnt. I thought to my self. Don't cause trouble. The cashier looked at the coupon and gave me a dirty look. What is up with the coupon service??? OK Carls Jr. I got the point! You don't like people to bring in your corporate coupons. I was going to let it go because I had too much work to do and I alway cook for my self, but going twice in one day with coupons gave me the judgment to see that your customer is terrible. This is the Stevenson Ranch/newhall store.

I tried to reach the Corporate headquarters to lodge a complaint and was met with a cheep web site about coupons and specials and nowhere to file the complaint. No phone number, nothing.

biggerslick Sep 08, 2009

Carl's is a mega burger selling machine. It is hit or miss with their stores. If I could recommend that I have had issues to date with In N Out Burger. There food never leaves me sick and their service is top notch, like burger joints used to be in the 1950's. Also though expensive I have found Johnny Rockets to be good as well, great service and some unique vintage style burgers and food.

• Ed
    Edith123 Sep 29, 2009

Carl's is a really bad place to eat plus add the bad service they have. today I went their to get something for dinner and had a coupon and the cashier totally had a bad attitude and she told me “next time tell me first that you have a coupon” with a really bad tone and I try telling her that she was their to help us and that they should post a note on the drive thru letting the customers know to “let the cashier Know that they have coupons. So the cashier with the name of Aridai responded back to me saying "that she was getting paid not to listen to people like me opening my mouth". So I ask her for the phone number and she slammed the drive thru window and did not came back I waited their until she came back and had to open the window because their were more cars in back of me and I asked her for the second time to give me the number for her manager and she just gave the back to me and said “can you move your car cause I have more cars waiting”. This happen in Carls Jr restaurant #1100357 8991 knott ave. Buena Park ca 90620 and the name of the cashier is Aridai S. I will not be returning to this or any other Carl's Jr in my life. Plus my son sales their community star book for their soccer team and I will make sure that the team will not be selling this book ever again.

biggerslick Sep 29, 2009

Ever since Karl Karcher died, the chain now owned by Arby's corporation, the nice Roast Beef folks, has gone down hill. I am wondering if they are doing this to kill Carl's in a subtle slow train to hell type of way. But yeah, unless the Carl's is in a real high quality living area they have changed to very bad in service since the old man died. They by the way never responded to my direct emails about what happened nor did they return my phone calls in all this time, so spread the word, get the word out and let's help bury a very bad corporate that hates its customers, once and for all.

• Ki
    kimberly anahi soriano Oct 11, 2009

man they didnt even ask us if we wanted chily cheese meat and then i returend it and fricken lady i sweer she cused my friend out grrrrrr..., but yhea

• Ki
    kimberly anahi soriano Oct 11, 2009

kim here agian man i am not happy at all...

• Un
    unhappy havasu Oct 16, 2009

Carl's Jr. In Lake Havasu City is no different their Manager is the Problem not the staff. Weird how it all turns arround in different areas. I was hoping to hear something back as I too e-mail a complaint in from their own website but after reading this I have serious doubts and I am sure this is why the Manager at this restuarant acts the way he does.

biggerslick Oct 16, 2009

Carl's has serious employee relation problems with their customers. In addition I have found I get stomach upset after eating a lot of their stuff. Their burgers are supposed to be char broiled and it seems as of late the meat is not only not hot, but looks at times cooked medium rare. Often after I eat a burger I feel almost nauseated. In addition I have noticed mainly low quality workers working in many of their places and often they make food after mopping a floor or wiping a counter with a dirty rag, but when they switch to making up burgers right in front of the customers, they do not use gloves. Watch how many hands are making your food without gloves. I try and avoid Carl's like the plague. By the way they are Arby's owned now. Arby's people are for the most part almost as bad. Generally before ordering their stuff, I try to see if the sandwich handlers and slicers are wearing gloves. If they aren't then in their native language "Hasta La Vista Baby!"

• Tr
    Trish Pugh Oct 16, 2009

I live in Yuba City..We have 1. It is on the corner of Bridge st and Hwy 99. I remembr whern thids was the place to eat. I guess the owner has 1 in Wheatland also? The food at Carls is awesul now...They used to have the best chicken strips. They aren't even chicken anymore.
    I have in the past couple of years noticed the food was getting worse and worse. I have had my last meal there tonite. I tool my grandaughter the for dinner. we won't be going there anymore. The fast food places are getting more expensive than a resturant and the really sucks. Sorry Carl..You lost me as acustomer.

• Tr
    Trish Pugh Oct 16, 2009

like it

• Ho
    hotluigie Jan 04, 2010

I'm a costumer at the carl's jr in virgil and 6th st. Los angeles ca. but this is my 3rd time that I have order fast food and takes them over 15 minutes to serve my food, but my complain is about bad food, it is about bad service and time consuming. I noticed that the manager at this place(DINORA) try to do as much work as 3 employees and thats why my food is being late this times, I whish the corporation could do something about it and use more employees to to be efficient enough to please all the costumers (THAT WILL MAKE ME VERY HAPPY)

biggerslick Jan 04, 2010

The problem is with mostr carl's they have such bad quality trained people, they do not care especially since arby's roast beef took over them. Carls a long time ago was fair to decent. Today while their menu is great, their employees make the worst most unsafe health habits and dangerous food as well. The best bet seems to be In N' Out Burger. They are great quality and while their menu sucks on selections, their burgers are clean and their service top notch. Most Carl's hire people that bring very bad or criminally close health habits thus putting you in jeopardy.

biggerslick Jan 04, 2010

By the way. Carl's junior ignores you the customer like they ignored me the customer. They do not care a crap about your experience. So here is what you need to do. Forget about them, save yourself from getting sick from their bad or poorly cooked food, hassles with managers, employees sweeping dirt and dust next to your table and booth while you are eating ( a clear health violation in most cities and even criminal ) and spend your money at Johnny Rockets or In N' Out Burger or if decent employees maybe a BK or JITB. Stay far clear of Carl's because even though they have gr8 looking food, their employees don't care and may well poison you to death with undercooked food or a heart attack arguing with a poorly trained manager. Just say no to Carl's, spread the word nationwide and save a life, heartburn, stress and money too.

biggerslick Feb 26, 2010

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fi-cke27-2010feb27, 0, 3327014.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews+%28L.A.+Times+-+Top+News%29

Appears Carl's might be going belly up. Could it be lousy third world service, mishandling customers, false advertising, and creating food that makes people sick?

NJoy :D

• Re
    repping carls Sep 21, 2010

biggerslick needs to get a life that he has nothing going on but to [censor]ing about a restaurant. just leave carl's jr and go to another and forget about going there so you don't have any more thing to say. find another to talk about. and about the guacamole not being included with your crisp burritos, it clearly states "add 50 cent" even on the commercial it states it, if you didn't see that you need glasses.

• Re
    repping carls Sep 21, 2010

P.S. stop being racist against latinos who the hell do you think you are. your race isn't any better.

• Er
    EricR. Apr 16, 2011

I ordered a Low Carb Six Dollar Burger this morning. It was wrapped in about 1/2 of a head of lettuce. I took one bite of the burger and wanted to vomit. It tasted like salty sponge. They claim it's 100% angus beef but after just one bite I know for a fact there is something more than beef in it. There is some kind of spongy filler in their burgers. Real meat does NOT have that texture. So I went to the Carl's Jr. web site to loook up the ingredients. There it claims there is nothing but beef, salt, sodium phosphates and spices. Well, I'm no doctor or chemist but I do know that oral phosphates, such as sodium phosphate, destroy your kidneys. WTF? Why in hell would you put a toxic substance if a hamburger? I returned the hamburger and got my money back. I will NEVER eat that [censor] again!!!

• Ca
    carls4life! May 29, 2011

COUPON PROBLEM: as a security measure when u delete an item (aka u order then drive up to the window) to make room for a coupon sometimes (hence some coupons are from different locations and don't work, witch we accept) we need to delete the burgers to make ring it up properly which shows up as possible theft on end of day receipt for register

= why its bigger deal then you think: people will delete items when cash is received, pocket money (like we had some guy take at least 100-150 a day who worked for a year)

=write-up:me, as a worker for two years and current shift-leader, got written up when i had to delete 60-70 dollars worth of food when a young girl tried to pay with her cleavage, when i said no i had to delete everything and explain to my boss

RAG NEXT TO GUY: that rag (if proper procedures where fallowed) is covered in hand sanitizer, a chemical that does do a little harm, i wont deny that, but yet again, every restaurant, in ca at least, has hand sanitizer, if the guy washed his hand it got hand sanitizer on it so does every single dish, table, counter and everything else we wipe down per hour (literally, theirs an hourly checklist and we use pH slips on the bucket to make sure it just right)

NO GLOVES ON:http://www.health.state.ny.us/environmental/indoors/food_safety/washing.htm
    -atm we have a new kind of chicken tenders that use real raw chicken, meaning we have a bucket just for the area, utensil with "chicken only"
    -tongs for raw beef patty, separate ones for raw chicken, and another for chicken tenders, one for cooked meats (and if chair-broiler breaks down, and meat comes out raw u need to stop everything and clean it all with sanitizer)
    -separate sanitizer buckets for different areas of the place

POOR COSTUMER SERVICE: Ive been working understaffed for about a month, not because upper management wants to save money, but the fact is in last two months we had 4 apps, and only that with hiring signs up, i had to fire one because of bad service and have to fire one today for calling a costumer the n-word (charming)
    -so when u say bad service, give us some slack, were trying but no one cares about a low end job like this so when u come up to them, and complain, they have dealt with costumers worse then you, their pissed already

December 1st: guy tries to climb in window when i tell them were closed (it was 10:05pm)
    what happened?: spent an hour talking to cops after filling report, then finished work by myself since my cooks had left
    what happened afterwords?: after we close i no longer tell people were sorry were closed, ever

last year: closing shift, long day been pretty busy so i was tired, skipped a few safety procedures
    what happened?: since all excess lights were off, like the bathrooms, for thirty minutes, all doors were locked. thirty minutes later guy came running out complaining that the lights were out in the bathroom
    what happened afterword?: i make sure i do every single day

forgot when it was: i was on drive thru during lunch, busy, meaning i was rushed taking orders, making drinks and getting money all at once (all within three minutes)
    what happened?: guy in a red truck handed me money, i rang it up handed change, said he was short changed he gave me a twenty not a ten, gave guy change back
    what happened afterwords?: register was ten bucks short at end of day, another write-up

ANSWER: were not all the same, and who knows when that next costumer will be the guy who makes u flip out and start going crazy? but most of us do i try, i deal with ### situation weekly, i try my best but sometimes were just like f-it we don't want you to come back anymore, so don't honestly come back if u are fed-up but don't think were all the same because u had one bad day

p.s. i had every single one of these complaints and more, the guacamole one was hilarious because i had just giving her about ten bucks of free food so shed just leave me alone, she came back and demanded for it, i just said no, also lobby closed please leave know (to be fair when she demanded it she said some racist things whitch i never let them get away with)

• Ca
    carls4life! May 29, 2011

also, if i drop, lets say 5 raw meat patties, i have to cook them through the same place ur burgers come out so if a homeless guy eats it he doesn't get sick, and that all restaurants who have to throw away raw meats
    and that's the law! oh and we have it posted on all doors and drive-thru that their is a tiny amount of chemicals known to the state of California to cause birth defects, and by tiny i mean someone tried to sue us over it and the courts said it was so tiny you'd have to eat 20 6$ burgers in one order for it to show up as a health hazard, but we have to put it up
    famous coffee lawsuit was actually serous, we keep our coffee at 180 degrees, burn u if u spill it on Ur lap, people still complain its to hot

• Ir
    Irene Rios Sep 21, 2011

This past thursday on 9/15/11 around 10 to 10:30 i made a order of chili cheese fries and a hamburger, and when it was time to go me and my younger sister wanted to wash our hands and like the door was still open we went inside and the lady who was working there at the time said hey you cant be in here and we said can we wash our hands in here we bought foof a few seconds ago and she responded i dont care and no you cant wash your hands because its close, so we let and didnt like the service.

charlie ayoub May 27, 2012

i ordered chicken tenders and had a cupon. after that i made some changes to my ordered. the tenders were burned< but that was not the the complaint. It was when i called, to complain ABOUT NO RECIEPT. I asked for a manager and was told there was none that i would have to call back tomaro so i told the guy who working the drive through that i was calling district office. then he hung up on me. this is the worst treatment i have ever had. never got to the burned tenders and i was calling about my reciept. cuz i felt that i was over charged. plez get back to me at [email protected] Charlie las vegas the JR was at 8051 6949 N Durango DR

• Na
    nat r Jul 10, 2012

Very bad experience in the Vernon BC restaurant! Waited over a half an hour for food, had to go back up to complain after speaking to three different people, no one could figure out what they were doing! Watched their "food runners" or whatever they are take the comment cards that people filled out a complaint on and crinkle them up and put them in their apron while laughing! The manager was extremely rude, one she dif finally bring us or food, she dropped the tray on the table and said "here!" watched the food runners repeatedly walk by dirty tables and do nothing but literally walk around the dinning room trying to look busy! Never again!!