Menu
Universal Windows Direct Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Universal Windows Direct
reviews & complaints

www.universalwindowsdirect.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.7 22 Reviews

Universal Windows Direct Complaints Summary

9 Resolved
1 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Universal Windows Direct's exceptional service, your concerns are likely to be addressed quickly and effectively. However, stay informed about their service offerings and policies. Regularly review user feedback on various platforms to get a complete picture of their customer service. Prepare specific questions or concerns you might have before contacting support for a more streamlined experience.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Universal Windows Direct has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Universal Windows Direct. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest Universal Windows Direct reviews & complaints

1:35 pm EST

Universal Windows Direct Do not use

To start off with, I will say the price of the windows ( for a lifetime warranty) was a great deal. The installation didn't take that long and the workers completed the job in 1 day doing 10 windows. They cleaned up and didn't leave a trace of them being there. That's the good part. The bad part happened about 4 months after installation. The caulking cracked and pulled away and while cleaning the windows for the first time in the spring I noticed the main frame on one window was damaged. I contacted my sales person and they directed me to the customer support to get these issues fixed. A worker came out pretty fast, took photos and measurements for the main frame and sent out to get the repairs started. Then I had to wait from June 30th until Sept 12th to see them come out again. I left work early to accommodate the work crew with the main frame installation. However, the worker measured the old window and mainframe that took months to build and said if he installed it I wouldn't be able to open the window, because it was the wrong size. So he took more pictures and measurements and sent those to the office. He did redo the caulking on windows that was failing (that looks better now, lets hope it stays that way). Now i wait for another main frame for my windows. This warranty which is the main reason I went with Universal Windows Direct seems to be lacking and is making me second guess my decision to go with this company. I would be careful about using them because of this issue I am currently having. It makes me worry if there is ever a real issue how long it will take to resolve correctly. I will say that if this is fixed in a timely manner I may alter this review, but until that happens I can not in good faith say that universal windows direct is the best company for your whole house window renovations. Was just informed it will be another 9 weeks before this main frame can be fixed putting this warranty repair now at over 18 weeks. 09/13/2023, Now they are saying (in their reply here) it's due to production delays. No, it was measured not once, not twice but three times. If it was done correctly the first time, there would not be another 9 weeks of lead time. I really now will not be changing my review and do not recommend Universal Windows Direct for you replacement window needs. 09/14/2023- Update they tried to install again on 11/28/2023 an the dimensions were wrong yet again and could not be installed.. This is not a company I can recommend.

8:57 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Universal Windows Direct Never use this company!!

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY! We met with the sales person, who sat in our kitchen and lied to us from the beginning. This will be a 1 day job, forgot about the 3 years to get to the one day. It was over 3 years for them to complete the job. All are crews work for us they said, not contracted. Lie #2. None of the crews work for them other than contract, one crew had only worked for them for 2 weeks. Day 1, they showed up without the sliding glass door and didn't know where it was. Finally found it under some other name. Showed up at leased 8 times and the crews didn't even know why they were there and when informed said they didn't have the parts they needed and would have to come back. Each time was a 2-4 hour window that you had to wait on them and not go to work yourself. The crew day 1 dropped a window on the corner and damages the frame and screen and installed it and didn't say anything about it, we found it later that day. Took them over 6 months and 2 different times to replace the window and the guys didn't even have the screen to replace and had to come back again. They installed the sliding window without shimming them and they sagged and had to be fixed with another visit. They have had to replace multiple screens on new window that were installed wrong and coming apart. They finally sent a trouble shooter out because we had so many problems and he was saying he never seen a job like this and wrote down all this info, that never was given to anyone and no one knew anything about it. He got promoted and know knows what happened to his notes. Any time you try to get ahold of anyone you are on hold forever and never get anyone, they have a nice leave a message that no one calls you back. They are problem tired of hearing all the complaints. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY! Oh, they did offer us $400 off a $16,000 job.

Universal Windows Direct replied to this review.

Universal Windows Direct Our sales guy was incredible, installation team almost perfect

Our sales guy was incredible, installation team almost perfect. The nightmare began after our installation. We had a crack in our large living room window and 3/4 of our hardware was the incorrect color. Getting ahold of anyone to replace/provide correct hardware it was obnoxious. We spoke to 3 or 4 individuals to get this handled, all of them claiming the window was ordered and being produced. Months and months later, no follow up. We can and schedule when they claim the window is ready to be replaced. We schedule the replacement and the guy comes out with a box full of mixed matched hardware from another installation. No window. The worst part, he claimed the window was never ordered. They finally come out to replace the window that following week (which they magically had on hand). They replace it with a downgraded window. We called, emailed, created several project resource requests and provided pictures. We were continuously told we were wrong, that the right window was installed. This is the only window in the house that doesn't match. We have continued to call and email requesting them to install the correct window and provide us with new (unused/leftover hardware.) No luck. It has been months since we heard them and I AM LIVID. The worst part, we love our windows, but there is ZERO customer service, empty promises and complete run arounds for fixes or follow-up. I would avoid using this company due to the nightmares we have been experiencing. You spend all this money to be treated like its good enough. Unacceptable. They need to clean house with their customer service. Unhelpful and they can't keep anything straight.

Read full review of Universal Windows Direct and 2 comments

2 comments
M. Metz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The installers were great! They cleaned up everything. Very nice from start to finish. I love my windows!

C. Oberbrunner
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Jake was very informative and explained the value of the window. Very professional and a great personality. Enjoyed the presentation.

Is Universal Windows Direct legit?

Our verdict: Universal Windows Direct has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Universal Windows Direct's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Universal Windows Direct can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Universal Windows Direct earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Universal Windows Direct achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Universal Windows Direct. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Universal Windows Direct resolved 90% of 10 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

Universalwindowsdirect.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Universal Windows Direct website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Universalwindowsdirect.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for Universal Windows Direct have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

Universalwindowsdirect.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Universal Windows Direct.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• The website belonging to Universal Windows Direct has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
S

Universal Windows Direct DO NOT waste your time and money on this company

DO NOT waste your time and money on this company. We ordered windows back in MAY- we were told it would be no later than end of July/beginning of Aug for installation. Sales lady forgot to include our (tiny-12"x20") bathroom window because she didn't want to climb into the tub to measure and said "that's about the size of a basement window so I will just jot that down". When they came to measure they said it wasn't in the paperwork and they wanted to add an additional $800 for that ONE window so now we have one old window amongst the new.. Windows and doors weren't installed until September 15- one door size was apparently ordered incorrectly (the measurement was correct on the paperwork from the team that came out to measure) and we've still yet to hear where that door is or when we will have that installed (Oct 23), one window has cracked, and there's scuffing between the panes on another. FINALLY got a hold of someone (October 8th) after weeks of calling and they ordered replacement windows for the cracked and scuffed and said another guy would be calling us concerning the loan because THEY MESSED THAT UP TOO. We were sold on the "zero payments and interest for 2 years" promotion they had going on and received our first notice for payment due this month (Oct). We looked into it further and they dated the paperwork for the END of September so we missed the "promotional date" for that even though the loan was applied for in May when we signed everything. The lady said we will be receiving a call from this guy about the loan in a few business days and it has been almost 3 weeks. GO WITH ANOTHER COMPANY THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!

Read full review of Universal Windows Direct and 4 comments

4 comments
D. Klein
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Jim and Ken installed 8 windows for us. They were polite and efficient, finishing the job in 8 hours. The Windows are beautiful! We recommend them highly.

J
J
J. Rogahn
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Great work. They made sure everything was very clean before they left

L. Beahan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On 10/27/22 We sat down with Josh *** sell man to get windows install, We agree that two windows plus 3 screens from old windows would be install ,,, however windows came just two and no screens, they play a game to get inside to install windows once they was ready 6 weeks later and lie and fill out papers saying they would bring back screens and we still have all sticks on our window as agree with measurements they would bring out screens ..also agree to fill out on paper work, before installing they would bring back screens ,,another dated which never happen but later we received a call they don't cover screens to other companies windows ,, which should have been said from start ,,, it's totally bad business when you agree to something then play games to get funds out of people, I want a reduce price or screens as promise

c. thompson
St.louis, US
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Jake did an exceptional presentation of the window products! He was very professional; pleasant and VERY knowledgeable! He took great pride explaining everything to us and we appreciated that! We placed our order for 7 windows!

Universal Windows Direct replied to this review.

Universal Windows Direct I ordered new windows and siding from Universal Windows Direct in July

I ordered new windows and siding from Universal Windows Direct in July. The windows were installed fall of 2021. Now for the siding. I was told beginning of December they had to get the permit. I received a voicemail on December 26th to call and set up a time to install the siding and they were booking into February. I returned the call after the holidays on January 6th, 2022. They wanted to set up a time for the install. I said last I heard they were waiting on the permit. He says let me check my notes. Oh yeah, we don't have the permit. Seriously? You didn't check your notes before you called me. I believe it was around March 7th, 2022 I called back. I was told, first he said, WOW that's an expensive permit, they he said we just received it. That's funny I called my city before making this call and it was pulled on January 19, 2022. So here I am calling instead of them calling me. Ok, March 17, 2022 is install day. 8:30 on March 17 I get a call they have to cancel because the guy that was going to do the job quit the night before. Ok so the new install is for today March 28. Well no one shows up and no phone call. I have to call again and first was told it was for Wednesday March 30. Well that's funny because the lady I first spoke to said she saw on the computer it was scheduled for March 28. So some one is lying to me. I just wish they would come get the product out of my drive that has been sitting there almost 2 weeks in the rain and snow and I can get some one else to do the work. And we won't even go there about the storm doors. What a joke. And they want me to recommend family and friends to them. They have got to be kidding. Highly unsatisfied.

E. Kovacek
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Very knowledgeable and very professional. Our sales rep Cori was so fun and made the entire experience stress free. Would highly recommend.

I. Pfeffer
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Very professional and had my windows in no time A+++++++

T. Blick
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Horrible customer service horrible workmanship. They made mistakea and broke my firepit. They made the window opening larger than it was so now the trim I ordered doesnt fit. I got the run around.

G
Universal Windows Direct replied to this review.

Universal Windows Direct I purchased replacement windows from Universal Windows direct last November

I purchased replacement windows from Universal Windows direct last November. Prior to the installation, I asked the sales rep if I could add on windows sills. He said that would probably be fine. Since he did not call me back, I assumed the sills were added, but at the time of installation in March, the sills were not ordered and it was too late. The installers completed the work, but said they were unable to clean the windows appropriately because they did not have any acetone. I gave them my acetone and they did a so-so job of cleaning the marks off the glass. After they left, I went upstairs and found that one of the sashes was standing against the wall and not in the window frame. There was no one available to take my call except a sales person so the window was left open all night in freezing cold March weather. The sales associate said he would pass on the message, but did not. I called in the morning and no one was aware of the situation. The installer did return promptly, but when putting the sash into the frame, needed a screwdriver to pry it in. This led me to believe that the frame needed to be adjusted. Also the handle on the patio door was the wrong color and stands out like a sore thumb. I live in a condo where things need to be uniform. It took 3 months to get the handle and have the window frame adjusted. However, the handle that was ordered was the wrong part. It is now August and they are just now coming out to do a 5 minute project of installing the "hopefully" correct door handle. No one has offered anything but "I'm sorry, that's just how long it takes." I have received sales calls from them trying to sell me additional work. Not happening! Family members have gone with other contractors with no issues.

Read full review of Universal Windows Direct and 4 comments

4 comments
O. Roberts
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The service was excellent the technicians were very polite and efficient did a fantastic job. I would recommend Universal Windows Direct.

B. Rempel
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Worked with Jake on getting the best deal we could find within our budget. He is extremely knowledgeable, very thorough, answered all our questions and listened to our concerns. He was not pushy at all and really made us want to work with this company! Looking forward to getting these windows installed!

T. Homenick
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It has been an amazing process from start to finish. I'm extremely happy with the product and service we have received.

A. Nolan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Arrived on time. Was very friendly and efficient too. Was very cost effective too.

Universal Windows Direct replied to this review.

Universal Windows Direct I ordered a picture window in February, paid $1500 down on a $3000 window

I ordered a picture window in February, paid $1500 down on a $3000 window. Told them at the time I was putting the house up for sale in the spring. They said it would take 10-12 weeks to get the window. April 20th I get a call to schedule install the first available date is May 14th, another month. I explained I had sold the house and May 14th wouldn't work because I close on the house May 17th. That was the only time available so I scheduled it and explained it had to be done that day or sooner otherwise I would not own the house. I asked for my money back since they were not fulfilling my order in a timely matter while I owned the house and they said I would still have to pay for the window even if I didn't receive it. I again made sure they knew that May 14th was the last day this window could be installed while I owned the house. I took off work on May 14th for them to install the window. They were scheduled to be there between 8-10 at 9:00 am I received a call that the installer was ill and they needed to reschedule. I again explained I could not reschedule because I would not own the house after today. They just insisted they would call to reschedule the install. I asked if they had other installers and was told they were all on other jobs and could not be pulled off. On 5/19 I received a call from them to reschedule the install for 5/20 I again explained that I did not own the house any longer and I could not reschedule. He asked for my realtors name and number(which is none of their business) explained to him that I gave the new owners Universal Windows Directs' phone number and the job number and they would contact them if they wanted the window installed. I believe they did not live up to our agreement and their customer service is not acceptable.

Universal Windows Direct I purchased windows in November

I purchased windows in November. They came and installed all of the windows, except for 1. They claimed that the last window was not properly measured and they had to reorder it. They promised to contact me when it was in to schedule an install. They never did, I had to call and complaint in order to get them to bother with setting up an install date. They came back out (making this the 2nd time I stayed home from work). When they got to my home they said it was measured wrong again. So they promised to contact me when it was in to schedule an install. I told the installer that they never bothered to call me the first time and I was assured it would not happen again. It DID happen again and I had to call back to complain to get them to schedule an install. It was supposed to be installed on 3/25, and I was just called today to tell me it was being cancelled again. They are blaming the corona virus, which may or may not be true. Whether it is true or not they're not coming out until May and so it will have been SIX MONTHS to get a window installed. I was planning on getting the rest of my windows installed, but I am having second thoughts now. Universal Windows Direct made NO effort to do anything for me. They didn't offer to reduce the price, or to offer me a free window, or to even give me a gift card. They were running a radio promo offering gift cards for anyone who purchased windows, and I never even got the promo. They are awesome until they collect you're money then... I guess that is where they no longer care. I went with Universal Windows Direct because of all the advertisements I heard on the radio about how great they were, but I have not been treated like I am very important by this company. It must be nice to run a business where customer service doesn't matter.

Universal Windows Direct replied to this review.

Universal Windows Direct DO NOT HIRE!

DO NOT HIRE! This was the worst experience of my life. Two of my front windows and my front door were incorrectly measured (inches too small) and my screen door was not available on my installation date (and I still don't have it). I have been dealing with UWD customer service since February attempting to get the issues resolved. The head installer pretended to forget how to speak English when I was asking him questions about the issues with the windows they were installing (I later found out that he has lived here for 30+ years and speaks English perfectly). Both he and his helper then tried to leave prior to telling me that my screen door had not arrived and would need to be installed at a different date and that that the sash on one of my windows was broken and that they would have to come back and replace it later. UWD failed to obtain the required permits prior to installing my windows. The permits were obtained 8 weeks later (after I called and emailed UWD several times). I practically had to fill out the permit application for them; I even had to put them directly in contact with the permit person for my village as their agent could not figure out how to submit a simple online application. One of their managers asked me why I even cared about getting the permits at all if my village was not harassing me about it. I have been dealing with these issues since February (it is now May) and I am barely any closer to getting my issues solved then I was when I started. I am extremely disappointed with the management team at UWD. I have been repeated passed from manager to another (Jason, Juan, Piotr, Rick, Giannis) with no one willing to take responsibility for solving my problem. I am finally working with a manager (Shannon) who is attempting to solve the issues but working with UWD is, and has been a nightmare.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Universal Windows Direct We ordered two entry doors and a storm door on on June 15

We ordered two entry doors and a storm door on on June 15. Sales man told us the entry doors would be their custom materials, and that's what we wanted so that was agreed upon. The measure tech comes out about a week or so later and tells me that they can not make one of the entry doors using their custom materials and it would have to be a steel door, how ever we were still charge the same as the custom. The installer showed up on September the second but only had the two entry doors he knew nothing about a storm door, I called them that day they told me it had not been ordered and said the would place the order that day and put a rush on it, it would be about two maybe three weeks. I call about three weeks later and was told someone would call me back so again two days later I call them they tell me they will try to track it down and call me back so the following week I call them again this time they tell me it's lost and they will track it down and call me so again after no one contacted me I call the following week only to be told they needed to reorder the storm door and it would be four weeks. So I called four weeks later to be told that they would check and see if it was at the St Louis wearhouse. It is only at this point that I knew I was not speaking with the local St Louis wearhouse in fact I was speaking with someone in Pittsburgh, he tells me they have my door and we set install for December 27. Installer showed up and the door was the wrong size, so I call and again talk to a person in Pittsburgh, he tells me they are placing a new order with the correct measurements that day but it would be ANOTHER four week. I called on January 25 for an update and the lady I talked to said it was going to be ANOTHER four weeks no explanation why. They do not communicate with their customers and even though every delay has been because of something on their end they don't seem to be doing anything to correct this issue in a timely way

N
Universal Windows Direct replied to this review.

Universal Windows Direct My mother ordered windows and a set of exterior french doors from this company

My mother ordered windows and a set of exterior french doors from this company. She lives in a condo and has to abide by HOA rules. The salesman said that they have replaced other units and were aware of the HOA rules. The doors had to be a specific style, be a certain color green on the exterior, and metal. There was a delay in getting the doors installed. They were installed at the beginning of November. My mother paid the remainder of the bill at that time, and then noticed they were white instead of green. She fell while trying to reach the leaving workers. She was told that's what you ordered. Later she found out the doors were also vinyl instead of metal and the doors were reversed. The stationary door was in front of the opening storm door and the opening door was in front of the stationary storm door. In addition, the locks for the stationary door were plastic, poor quality, and impossible for her to manage. She lives on the first floor. She did not have the option to keep the door unsecured. Her blinds also would not work because they were magnetic. The door was no longer metal. My mother could not use the room once it got dark because everyone walking by could look in, no privacy. She was repeatedly told that was what she ordered. Eventually the company acknowledged they were wrong. They sent a trouble shooter out twice to see the problem with no resolution. She finally got the doors installed the first week of September, 10 months later. The doors came white again, are vinyl again, but now are opening the right way. They came without door locks. The installers had to get locks from *** For almost a year, my mom was unable to use these doors. This was to be a second egress for her. If the unit across from hers caught on fire, she would not have been able to get out. My mother is almost 80yrs old. This company took her money and put her at the bottom of the list, risking her safety, not providing the product they promised, and repeatedly tried to blame her for the problem.

Universal Windows Direct replied to this review.

Universal Windows Direct The overall experience with UWD has been absolutely horrible

The overall experience with UWD has been absolutely horrible. I have had nothing but patience with them and have been given the run around since July. We ordered windows, French doors and a patio sliding door from them. The 1st mistake was us not getting a 2nd opinion before we agreed to signing up with them because they advertise Buy One, Get One and that is completely false. I tried to cancel the order and they told me I couldn't cancel because we signed a contract and if we were to cancel, we would of owed almost $6,000 for the order (given nothing was in the process of being made by the manufacturer yet). Since we were stuck in the contract, we had a guy come out again to give us a quote on a entry door from the garage to the inside of the house and he quoted us $4500 which is absolutely crazy. He didn't come in the house because he didn't have a mask available. I called and spoke to Josh and he was one of the rudest people I've ever spoke to. He wanted to argue with me and said that $4500 was reasonable for a door and I told him that I could get one from Home Depot for $500 and he proceeded to say "you get what you pay for" and tried hanging up the phone on me. He continued to speak to me in a rude demeanor and as if I was a child. I work in the medical field and deal with customers and patients everyday and his "professionalism" is a joke. Fast forward and our French Doors got installed 1st and the wrong color screen doors came in. We ordered white to match the trim of the windows and they came in beige. The doors were installed incorrect and wasn't flushed up against each other and the seal was ripped in certain areas. Also, the locks were never screwed into the doors, so the locks completely fell out of the door. You could clearly see where the holes should of been drilled in the inside of the door and the screws were too short. I wasn't able to lock my doors for almost a week because they couldn't send anyone out to come resolve this issue. When our windows came in, the installers (4 of them) put everything up and installed the trim on the bay window wrong. The trim was supposed to be on the outside of the casing and they installed it on the inside which looks horrendous. They left nails everywhere (I have a toddler that could of choked or gotten hurt if I didn't go around inspecting everything), windows were filthy (I had to get on a ladder to clean the outside of the windows), didn't clean up the outside from where they ripped the old window out and tore a piece of the drywall off the wall when they were taking down the old window. I complained about it and even sent pictures, but nothing was resolved. I had to call back again because I wasn't able to open up some of my windows. When the same 4 guys came out, they fixed the issue with the windows and had to recaulk certain areas around the windows and doors because the seal cracked within 24 hours of them being installed. I showed them the door and they had to order new parts for it. When I complained to them about the trim, they said that's how it's supposed to look and I knew that was completely false. I told them I wanted a different trim because this one had the nail holes exposed, it wasn't flushed up against the window and paint was missing in certain areas. They said they would have to place an order for new trim. A guy came out and when he came inside to look at the trim, they actually ordered the wrong size the 1st time around and it had to be reordered. Another guy came out on Oct 20th to install the new trim and this trim came unpainted and he said we would have to paint it. He also confirmed and showed me pictures as to how the trim was supposed to be installed on the outside of the casing, not the inside. He was completely baffled that they would install it and leave it like that. I told him I was not painting the trim and it should of came painted already. He said he would have to have it painted at the shop and it should take no more than 2 weeks. It is now Nov 12th and I had to call them to find out what's going on and the representative on the phone said that the order was never placed and it just got placed now. They should be expecting it in on Dec 4th. This is crazy! I have been waiting since July and still not guaranteed this is going to get fixed this time around. I haven't been able to hang my curtains up on my bay window because the casing covered the holes for the rods and I refuse to put more holes into the walls not knowing how this new trim is going to get installed, so everyone can see the inside of my house. I spoke to JP months again and the only discount he was able to give me was $1000 off of the doors and the discount just now reflected on the statement. A little after we signed up for the treatment, I was curious as to how much it would of been it we went with another reputable company and they quoted us $13K. UWD is charging us $21K for this work and the material is cheap, the installation of the products is horrible and the lack of communication within the company is bad. They say you get what you pay for, but I didn't pay for crappy and cheap work to be done on our house. If this is how you treat your customers, you should be ashamed of yourselves. I wish I could of given no stars for the services that have been rendered and could of attached the pictures taken of the work that was done. UWD is a disgrace and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Universal Windows Direct has left an official reply on this complaint.

Universal Windows Direct Three years ago, we purchased siding and several windows for our home

Three years ago, we purchased siding and several windows for our home. We were very satisfied with the service and the quality of the products. A couple of months later, we purchased another bunch of windows. This left only 2 windows in the house to complete. In February , we called and purchased the last 2 windows. This was during the pandemic so I understand they wouldn't be installed in as quick a time period as previously. But I didn't expect it to take until June to have them installed. When they did finally come to install them, one of the installers brought a family member as a helper. The only helping he did was help himself to my son's *** videogame console, several games, and a carrying case for the console. We complained and got the items back several days later. However, we never received an formal apology from the company. This leads to my complaint, on the day the two windows were installed, either the pane was broken in the box or was broken on site. The important thing is the installers replaced the glass with a piece of cardboard. and left. They promised that they would be back to replace the broken sash. They have never returned. It is November. As we are getting into winter, we have a piece of cardboard for a window. This is drafty and costing us energy loss. The very things we were trying to prevent when we bought the windows. They are fully paid for. I need to have the window repaired ASAP.

M. Beahan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

So hired u.w.d oct 12,21, windows installed in December but windows extremely off centers and capping on outside done wrong,first guy came out and said all.they would do is fix capping,I complained and another guy came out and scheduled for a reinstall ,when he came out March 19th he realized windows were measured wrong,told me I'll re order and call you in a few days, tomorrow is three weeks no contact and they sent a contract that says my wife signed remotely yesterday and she did not,reached out to *** last contractor at house , nothing back called office ,so far nothing.now I want nothing to do with them,I want a refund so I can hire someone else to do job complete . communication is important with this and they don't care about me and wife's concerns at all.

A. Beahan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered windows around July and was told installation would occur in December . The installation did not occur until February 2022 due to the company not filing for the city permit properly. All but the big front picture window was installed because the picture window was damaged in the warehouse and they were still going to try and install a broken window. I refused the install of that window and was told by management it would take another couple weeks to make the window. Install was to happen today, April 8th, and when the installers arrived they only brought glass and not the frame due to lack of communication with the company themselves. There was never a frame installed for my big picture window. Through all this, the company does not communicate well, I was always calling them for updates and to find out timelines. I've also lost days of work between trying to figure out when install will occur and taking off for partial installs. If this cannot get corrected in a timely fashion, I will definitely use another company for any home updates and projects I have. I will also not recommend this company.

D. Wisozk
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I met with a representative about new windows for my house on April 18th. Starting the weekend after our meeting I began recieving 2-4 phone calls from the company. I answered on April 29th to tell them I was no longer interested. They were very pushy about me speaking to a manager about rebates but I did not want to do that and was able to get off the phone with them. I made it very clear I was going a different direction and wasn't interested in their product. I've continued to get 2-4 calls a day.

N
Universal Windows Direct has left an official reply on this complaint.

Universal Windows Direct sales rep, messed up my order, windows were supposed to be mulled together and front door was supposed to have a peephole

sales rep, messed up my order, windows were supposed to be mulled together and front door was supposed to have a peephole. the man who measured did not measure for mulled windows and mis measured 4 windows. the man installing my front door was sent to do so by himself and didn't hang it properly so i had a gap at the top right corner letting in light and the door will open all the way by itself, the 2 men who installed my storm door one of them had to fix the frame of the door because of the gap the original door installer left. they can't fix the way it opens up by itself because it wasn't installed correctly. the peephole they offered to install is off center and they didn't have the tools needed to complete the job on arrival and had to go to multiple stores to find what they needed. the window installation was the only thing that hasn't been a huge disappointment except the fact I'm supposed to pay for mulled windows and they are mulled. a representative called me and all i got was a peephole that was installed off center and told everyone makes mistakes. i asked for an itemized bill and he told me no we don't do that. i have included photos and video. the video of the window is showing they did not come mulled (1 unit). I have twin double hung windows and the sales rep told me they would be mulled (2 made into 1) so everything in the window frame currently would be removed. center strip and all to install windows as 1 unit. I work in manufacturing I know that's more expensive yet they don't want to adjust my balance.

C. Pfannerstill
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Around December 17th, I purchased nearly 20 windows and a sliding glass door from them with a down payment of $10,000. They called me near the end of December to tell me they would not be able to replace one of the windows so I told them I was not interested in continuing the transaction as they broke their side of the agreement. I told them to cancel it. After about a week, they returned with a counter offer even though I told them to cancel it and I wanted a refund. I again told them no and wanted to cancel. They called me back a week later from that to offer me a final offer. Since this has happened, I have not received my down payment of 10k back, the loan hit my credit when there is no valid transaction, and now the salesman has stopped responding to me. I just want my 10k down payment back and then to call the credit bureau to get it remove the loan that should exist from my credit.

P
P
P. Kuphal
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Had our whole house done with Universal Windows. They had been wonderful to work with, even coming out and adjusting new windows, etc. Noticed one window had a fog like look to it and seeing that these are guaranteed, called Universal Direct. They sent out someone back in the Fall 2021 to look at the window and he said he would order a new window and because of all the product that is on shortage, it would take a while for the window to come in, and that was o.k. I called in December since I had not heard from anyone and the tentative date of installation of new window was December and left a message. After many messages and no one returning my calls, I talked to the receptionist and she could not get a hold of anyone in service. She left a message for them to call me back. I waited until after holidays and NO ONE HAS RETURNED MY CALL - it is February 2022 and you cannot get anyone in service to call! I just want a status update on if this window was even ordered, let alone when they will replace it. It is useless to call them directly, no one picks up the phone!

O. Schmidt
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The date of purchase was 2/7/22 for $26,700.00. The initial wait time was due to the material being shipped and permit for meter box on home. I received several calls from Josh Ventry stating they would have to charge a storage fee because the material was in, but the permit had not been pulled from the city of stow. We had to have a licensed electrician come out and place a plate behind the box for sliding. We received a call from the loan company ( ***) seeking payment. We asked why are we being charged for a job that is not yet started? We also requested the loan pull back the funds until the job is completed. Why did they release 26,700 dollars to a company and not verify the job's completion? I have reached out to Josh several times, leaving voice mails stating the meter box has been completed for four weeks now, and have not received a call back saying when the job will be started. We have to ask *** pulled funds around until the job is completed. We are still being asked to pay monthly payments on the loan. The loan company is a loan company UWD uses and we went along with their suggestion by the sales person.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Universal Windows Direct We had Jaimie Herold into our home to get an estimate for a new front door

We had Jaimie Herold into our home to get an estimate for a new front door. After a very aggressive sales pitch, we provided her with a $100 deposit with the written agreement that we could reverse our decision and get a refund of the $100. She was aware that we had several other companies coming in to also provide us an estimate. That was on 3/11. On 3/20 we called to let Jaimie know that we were not going to go with Universal for our front door project. We had to leave a message with a representative and I had asked for confirmation that she had received our message. As this was the beginning Covid closures, I chose to also send her an email to ensure that our wishes were understood and there was no question that we had done so in the required time frame. Given the state of affairs, we were more than willing to allow some level of latitude. As of May 11, we had not received our check, nor had we ever received an email or phone call confirmation that they were working on sending us the check. I called Jaimie's number again and was unable to reach her or her manager, but i left a vxm and was assured that the Sales Manager would call me back within 48 hours. 2 days later, with no phone call received, i received an email from Jaimie indicating that she was handling it. Three days later, i followed up and she said she still hadn't asked her sales manager about it yet. Since this began, i have read several other reports on your site with very similar scenarios. It will be 2 months since we notified them of our decision. Given their lack of responses, I am not hopeful that this will be resolved without assistance from an outside entity. In summary, we have left 2 vxms and 3 emails over 2 months in an attempt to have our $100 deposit returned to us as stipulated in the agreement.

D. Ward
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The lady that represented them at the fair said their pricing was good for 2yrs. We told her we were going to wait because we were going to put on an addition to the house first. She told us it would be good for up to 2yrs. When the rep came, he said no it wasn't. Someone's lying. Then the rep told me that the estimate included trim around windows. The guy from there company that measures the windows said it wasn't on the contract and they couldn't match the other windows. I asked the rep how *** got paid? He said no one has ever asked him that before. He said that they were part of his company. I said , so they get paid from the profit you guys make off the $13,000 I'm paying? He said yes. I was never told that it was a installment loan. The rep tells me the price is higher because they have to replace all the sashes. That is part of every new window, what kind of gimmick sales is that? I tried 6-7 times to get ahold of Josh the sales manager. All I got was the run around about how he wasn't in the office. Now *** is telling me they need paid or it will affect my credit. So Windows Direct just blows you off until there credit company forces the customer to pay without getting anything done about it. Just lies!

M. Rempel
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I inquired about prices and later realized I had money issues. Told them I would do it in the spring. I now have 8 different salespeople calling in 2 days. Told them to take me off call list. Today I got 4 more calls. Make them stop please.

K. Greenholt
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Have been trying to work with this company for a year now, they have to come out for the 3rd time to replace and repair the windows the customer service people were very nasty and rude and the employees they sent out left my house a mess didn't clean up anything still waiting on them and the deal was buy 2 windows get one free and that wasn't the case charged me more money had 6 windows put in and didn't get a deal I am paying $4679.92. Very unsatisfied and still waiting...

G
Universal Windows Direct has left an official reply on this complaint.

Universal Windows Direct Since the windows have been installed our electric bill was $82 dollars more this past month

Since the windows have been installed our electric bill was $82 dollars more this past month. I called 4 times to report this complaint each time I called I was sent to voicemail. I left 2 messages and have not received a call back from Universal Windows Direct inquiring about my complaint. A service call was made to replace a broken window that was broken when it was installed. I had to force the service guy to call his supervisor to try and explain what my complaint was. the answer we got from that supervisor was to "wait and see if it gets better." How will it "get better"? well it hasn't gotten better! Our electric bill for 05 was $123, with the windows in the house for only 3 weeks of the billing period our bill was $232 for 05. Over $100 difference with no increase in price for electricity. These windows are supposed to be low E on both panes and have argon in-between which is supposed to reduce the heat from the sun from coming into your home. These windows would be great if I had a Green House to grow plants but not for our home to keep cool like advertised! I can put a thermometer in the suns rays coming through the windows and it will climb to 85-90 degrees with the windows closed in just 5 minutes, the temp in the house is 69-70 degrees and outside 79. With the windows open it is 86-91. So for $13,000 we get 1 degree of relief from these supposed low e windows which, as advertised, keeps the heat from coming into your home. These windows are junk. The contractor grade 14 year old windows that were in our house kept the heat out better. Again, as I said earlier, I have called. The serviceman put on the service ticket stating I would like a supervisor to call and come out to look at the issue. That was a week ago, no call from Universal Windows Direct. I have left 2 messages after calling 4 times, no call back from Universal Windows Direct.

Read full review of Universal Windows Direct and 1 comment

1 comment
H
H
H. Koch
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I looked for a quote and they called. I changed my mind and asked to take me off they're call list. Text I said stop. I expressed HARRASSING calls in the amount of 14 calls a day. I contacted and said to stop the employee argued with me and now is calling night and day EXCESSIVELY. LAUGHING I HAVE BLOCKED THE CALLS AND THEY KEEP COMING

Universal Windows Direct has left an official reply on this complaint.

Universal Windows Direct On 8/01 we had a sales representative from Universal Windows Direct visit our home for an estimate

On 8/01 we had a sales representative from Universal Windows Direct visit our home for an estimate. During that visit, we were given the demonstration and then asked to purchase our windows before he walked out the door. My wife and I were barely able to speak in private as we were told the "advertised discounted price" was only good if we made our decision right then while he was in our home. Our biggest concerns were timeliness of when windows would be installed and good customer service. The sales representative certainly sold us on customer service. Regarding the timeframe we were told that honestly, they were 12 weeks out due to production issues. We made it very clear that if we could not get windows done before the weather turned we were going to wait until early spring to call back. We were assured that the 12 weeks was a date we could count on and they would schedule the official measure shortly after our appointment. On 08/27 we had our measure done and were told by that representative that we should expect within 6 weeks to have our new windows. When that 6 weeks passed we called and were told the windows were still on order and to follow the date in the customer portal which shows a date of 11/10. That date has now come and passed and we were told it could be an additional 60 days at this point for the windows to arrive. The fact we have not had any communication from UWD to update us that there is a further delay is troubling. We have placed a number of phone calls and left messages for a response which we have not received yet. When we were sold on customer service, we certainly thought we would be able to call and get someone on the phone if we had an issue. We have to pick options not pertaining to why we are calling to actually get someone on the phone. When we do, they say they will make sure someone will call us back. Unfortunately, we still have not received that call yet.

W
Universal Windows Direct has left an official reply on this complaint.

Universal Windows Direct We contacted This company approximately beginning of May to get some information about getting windows done in our trailer

We contacted This company approximately beginning of May to get some information about getting windows done in our trailer. We specifically asked the salesman if we were even able to get their services considering we do not yet own the property. He did not answer but glossed over this topic and continued with the contract. We assumed that this was not a problem and decided to continue with the order. We got a loan through them and gave them $500 in cash to start the order. We were then informed at the end of the month that they messed up and needed to add another $430 to our loan because they did not count on having to add something for the windows to our order. We okayed this change but began doing research into the company because we were unsure of their reputable status considering the change. We began seeing a lot of complaints about various things including billing, customer service, ability to get ahold of salespeople with problems, payment issues, service issues, and issues with product among the issues that we found. We then found out that we cannot change anything that major here at our address and immediately called the loan company as well as Universal to cancel the order. We have had a terrible time trying to get ahold of our point of contact which is *** and we have no idea if it is even cancelled as of yet. *** stated that to be able to cancel the order we would have to pay almost $2000.00 and they would keep the first $500 which would bring it down to $1500 even though we have not received anything from the company. We said that that sounded extremely wrong and were not willing to do so. He said that he would try to see what he could do and we should try to give him a call back the next day, June 9th. We did so at the time specified but he was out of office and we requested a call back. We found out today that he tried to call back on the 10th but neither of us got a call that day or since. This is affecting my credit.

X

Universal Windows Direct I had a sales rep out to our home in May

I had a sales rep out to our home in May. Covid was several months in at this point and we were a full month plus removed from the stay at home order issued by the governor. The rep made a sales pitch to us, I explained I had s better quote but that I wanted a quicker install date as the other company said they couldn't install until late August. So the sales rep said, in May, that I would be looking at an early July install date and "at the least early August"...so I proceeded to agree and paid a $4,500.00 deposit IN CASH! June came and went with not even as much as an update call so I tried to contact them. Now if I wanted a sales rep I could get one on the phone in no less than a few seconds and one out to my house within a day or two at best. But if you want to speak with customer service about an existing contract you get an answering machine, leave a message, and then wait as absolutely no one returns your call. This went on for weeks. Still, no call back. Finally after several weeks of trying and no less than 20 calls I get someone on the phone, that person claimed they didn't return calls because of Covid...that's a lie! Covid didn't stop the sales reps from picking up just the customer service representatives. That's convenient. So what they really meant was "we chose to keep sales reps on the job but not service reps because sales reps keep the money coming and customer service reps apparently don't" that sales rep was well aware of covid-19 caused delays and still made promises he didn't intend to keep! The customer service doesn't exist. I'm 5 full months past giving them almost 5k in cash and I can't even get a return phone call? I've had no update whatsoever other then them claiming a glass delay. Well fair enough let's assume that's true, they should still be obligated to notify the paying customer and give an update. When the rep I finally did get on the phone refused to offer any sort of help I insisted on talking with a manager. I was placed on hold for a long time and when the manager (Cary) finally did get on the phone he came off as annoyed and was completely unwilling to help or offer any sort of solution. He simply did not care! You can't blame that on Covid-19! If you can send a sales rep out to collect money then you should be obligated to employ enough customer service reps to assist those who's money they already took! These delays have cost us not only time and headache but several hundreds of dollars in excess cooling cost! We ordered an entire home worth of windows and a new sliding door because these are all original to our home installed in 1976. The entire point of getting the new windows was to save on summer energy cost! Certainly they used that as a sales pitch! They got the sale so they should be obligated to fulfil that promise

Universal Windows Direct has left an official reply on this complaint.

Universal Windows Direct Called and requested that a representative from Universal Windows Direct come out to our home and give us a quote on replacing all windows

Called and requested that a representative from Universal Windows Direct come out to our home and give us a quote on replacing all windows. On May 4th a representative came out and gave us a quote for replacing all our windows. May 4th was our contract date, we were told that after the official measurement appointment window install would take 6 to 8 weeks. At this point we were told absolutely nothing about an additional 60 days because of the pandemic. May 26th, final measurements are taken and we are told that those would be sent to the warehouse in one to three days and then our 6 to 8 week period would begin. Once again we were never told about and additional 60 days on top of the promised 6 to 8 weeks. August 12, two and a half weeks later than the promised time frame of 6 to 8 weeks. Installers show up to put new windows in. During install they broke two windows, one in the office which was so bad they had to take the whole thing back with them and one in the garage. The garage window only had one broken glass pane so they placed cardboard over it. Were told that they would take the broken window back and have that ordered as well as the pane for the window in the garage. August 18th, called the office in Bedford Heights, the same office that we had been dealing with the whole time, to report that one of the installed windows had some sort of defect. Were told to send pictures of the defect, which we did and they received. Were informed that there was an issue with the gas in the window and that a new one would be ordered and installed when they came out to install the ones that were broken back on August 12. October 17, sent an email to the address that was provided to express frustration that our windows were still not in. October 19, was called by office in Bedford Heights to schedule the second install date and time. Informed the lady on the phone that we were absolutely disgusted with her company's conduct, communication and work. She assured me that this information would be passed up the ladder and someone else would be in conduct with us. Never got a phone call or email from anyone. October 30, installers came out to replace the broken pane in the garage, install the complete window in the office and replace the defected window in the spare bedroom. At this point we have been paying for windows since June, that is paying for uncompleted work and services for 5 months. It has also now been 21 weeks since the the final measurements were sent in. Installers showed up and I was told that they could only replace the broken pane in the garage. They were unable to replace the window in the office because the warehouse had lost our frame and that they could not replace the window with the defect because it was never ordered. Called Bedford Heights office, [protected], to express my utter disgust. Was told that it would be looked into and that I would be called back immediately. After an hour of not hearing anything I called back, no answer. I then sent another email which I also received no response to. A day or two later I received a voicemail that informed me that yes the warehouse did lose my frame and yes they neglected to order the replacement pane for the window with the defect. December 29, still have not heard anything as to when this job will finally be completed. Seven months after the official measurements were sent in and I am still missing one entire window in the office and still have a window with a gas issue in the spare bedroom. The communication has been absolutely terrible. I want this job completed and I want my money back. They have completely violated the contract that was signed back on May 4th.

Universal Windows Direct Customer Reviews Overview

Universal Windows Direct is a home improvement company that primarily focuses on installing replacement windows, doors, roofing, and siding. The company has been in business for over 17 years and has around 50 locations across the United States. Based on our analysis of customer reviews on various platforms, the following are the most notable positive points about Universal Windows Direct.

Firstly, customers frequently report that the quality of products is impressive. Many customers have noticed a significant difference in their home’s energy efficiency after installing replacement windows and doors from Universal Windows Direct. Additionally, customers praise the company’s roofing and siding products, stating they were installed properly and efficiently, and that the materials used were durable and long-lasting.

Secondly, the installation service provided by Universal Windows Direct is lauded by customers. The company employs professionals who are well-trained, courteous, and efficient. Reviews frequently praise the installers’ attention to detail and the level of communication throughout the installation process.

Thirdly, the company offers affordable prices and financing options. Customers report that the pricing for their products and services is reasonable compared to other companies offering the same services. Also, the financing options provided by Universal Windows Direct make it easier for customers to afford their home improvement projects.

Finally, customers value the company’s warranty and customer service. Universal Windows Direct guarantees that customers will be satisfied with their products and services. Additionally, the company has a knowledgeable and responsive customer service team who can help with any issues or inquiries.

In conclusion, Universal Windows Direct receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers across the United States. Customers appreciate the quality of products and services, friendly and efficient installation, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Universal Windows Direct contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Universal Windows Direct?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Universal Windows Direct Customer Service. Initial Universal Windows Direct complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Universal Windows Direct above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Universal Windows Direct. Discuss the issues you have had with Universal Windows Direct and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.