Universal Vacation ClubThey do not honor contractual benefits

When my husband and I bought into UVC in June 2008, it was promoting an airfare guarantee of up to 5 years program through their partner Travel Escape Club. Now, UVC is not honoring the program, though we have this in writing.

When I spoke with the sales manager at Villa Del Palmar Flamingos, he was shocked that that benefit is not being offered. He even told me that they had training on that program about two weeks ago, and that he's going to get to the bottom of it. I'm not sure whether to believe him, as I've not heard back.

• Cc
    C Chin Nov 05, 2008

I just wanted to follow-up on this posting. From the time I posted this complaint, UVC and I have now resolved my issue, and they have cancelled my contract and refunded my deposit.

From the time I first learned that the benefits of my UVC Gold Membership will not be fully honored, it took me almost three months to resolve our differences. Plus, the staff at the UVC San Diego headquarters (Sheryl Williams, Loan & Collections Supervisor) was rude and unprofessional. They were not helpful at all.

My husband was told that only the sales manager of our resort in Mexico could cancel our contract. It tooks us many weeks before getting a hold of Bill Conley, director of member services, but once he reviewed my complaints and the supporting documents I provided, he quickly took care of my account balances and removed late fee charges.

• Db
    dblake66 Jan 14, 2009

Below you will find the letters I sent to the email addresses for the owners of the Villa Group. The Villa Group is the company that builds the hotels in Mexico and should be named on your contracts. They are based out of Mexico (conveinent) but have offices at the same address as UVC and ResortCom international. UVC is just a front and only handles the timeshare portion. We all have exactly the same complaint about unethical sales practices and lack of disclosure. The Villa Group is the party we should be talking to. Urge the people who visit your site to contact the Villa Group and the owners at the following email addresses:

[protected]@VILLAGROUP.COM <[protected]@VILLAGROUP.COM>

[protected]@PRODIGY.NET <[protected]@PRODIGY.NET>

• Db
    dblake66 Feb 10, 2009

My complaints against UVC have been resolved. Thank you UVC.

• Je
    Jeff Robbins Mar 21, 2010

I would like to direct any readers of this posting to go to a website I just published www.universalvacationclubmembers.com and read to your heart's content. It is addressing many issues and concerns with the Villa Group (Developer) and the UVC. If you are a UVC Member and would like to add your name to my UVC Member mailing list, please contact me via the “Contact Us” page on the site or send an email to [protected]@msn.com. Jeff Robbins.

• Ti
    Timeshare ex-worker Aug 27, 2010

Hi, if you still have problems with UVC contact Joshua Garcia these are his e-mails [protected]@gmail.com and [protected]@resortcom.com, he is a representative from UVC and claims to represent the board of directors, don´t stop and keep fighting for your money.