Universal Reading ServicesBad business

My hubby received a call right after getting off work from night shift, so understandably he was tired, and not all there. The salesman rattled off a bunch of perks quickly, slowing down on prizes my hubby would be entered to win, then rambling through magazines, prices and what not. My hubby agreed sleepily(I have forbid him to answer his phone when he isn't alert ever again). We decided to just see how it went. Three months went by and we didn't get a magazine, we called to cancel when we were moving and after arguing with a grunt, we were passed the the supervisor who offered a "70% savings" cutting the subscription from 5 years to 2 and making our payments only $30. But for the same amount of time, which is almost two years, so that's more expensive than what you originally pay, did she really think we were that dense? HA. We said no and opted to cancel. She said we were locked in because it was like a line of credit, well KEEP THE LETTER YOU GET IN THE MAIL! It clearly states you can cancel ANYTIME, that what you agreed to IS NOT a line of credit or a contract, and you are FREE to get out. We had to quote that text verbatim to the woman TWICE, and she still tried to argue, but eventually reluctantly agreed to cancel and said we would get what we hadn't received and wouldn't be billed any longer... It's Sept. 1st and checking my acct online I just got billed, and I can't freeze my card because I have plane tickets charged that are pending. I'm about to flip out.

More Universal Reading Services Complaints & Reviews

• Ho
    Hobbse1 Aug 02, 2016

A while ago, was driving and got a call that I was entered into a sweepstakes for $20, 000. All I had to do was order a subscription of magazines. The guy I was taking to had a pretty thick accent so I had a lot of trouble understanding him. After a good amount of time, this other guy comes on the phone asking how was everything, because the guy I was talking to was "new", and he wanted to make sure I was okay. So he starts to continue my subscription. He starts to continue my order. He tells me they're giving me a deal of $68.28 for the magazines for the year, but something doesn't feel right so I say I didn't I wasn't aware I was paying for all this. He ends up talking me around adn they get my account number. After a few days I check up on them and realize it's a scam. So I try to call them but can't get a hold of them, so I just cancel my card. To ensure the whole situation is really over I call them up and cancel my account. A girl answers the phone and I tell her I want to cancel, and she says that I can't because I gave them my word I would pay for the whole subscription. She passes me over to her supervisor. The more I tell them I want to cancel, she tells me she can't but she has the authority to lower the cost. I tell her I don't need discounts, I need to cancel. They also record you agree after the first call so they can pull it up and use it. So after a while, she gives in and cancels out my account. This was May 27.
    July 5, I was constantly getting these calls from a number that I didn't know. I finally answer. It's the company looking for their payment. I informed the girl that I canceled the account. She says she sees that I attempted to cancel in May but it didn't go through. She all I have to do is call customer service number and cancel my account again. My advice if they get you account info, just cancel your card.

jacqqqx3 May 22, 2012

I have just been a victim of this exact same thing from the exact same company. DO NOT FALL FOR THEM! Everything people are saying is what happened to me as well. I am so pissed off right now. I called my bank and they said since the charges are still pending, they can't do anything until it goes through. But when it goes through, they will fight it for me if this company does not cancel the service. I don't know what else to do and my heart is pounding!

• Le
    LelaH0731 May 17, 2012

I too have been ripped off. The company called me while I was at work and rambled on through a speech. I felt bad for the woman being a telemarketer and all. I naively agreed to subscribe to their services thinking they were giving me such a great deal (at least that's how the woman made it sound) I have been taking medicine that causes me to sometimes feel a little out of it and so I gave her my credit card number. When I had time to think about it and realize that I was being ripped off I planned on canceling, it just so happened that my credit card had been compromised so I cancelled the one they charged. So when a woman called me to collect more money (after they took 68.28) I informed this lady I wanted to cancel my subscription anyway and that I would not be giving her anothe credit card number. She proceeded to give me the run around and was very rude so I hung up on her. This company has been calling me several times a day every day for the past 6 months! I am stressed because I don't want to hurt my credit but I am not going to pay for something I cancelled. I hope that someone will put a stop to this kind of fraud. The last person I spoke to told me my balance was 1, 227 dollars and some change! For magazines. Seriously ?! But he was willing to take 50 % of that and call it good. I told him no so he made it sound like he was doing me a favor and going to take a loss and accept 30% of the balance. I was tired of him being rude and not listening to the word NO, so I told him I was sorry he felt that way and I hung up. :( I pray they are stopped soon, there are people that really can't afford to be ripped off like this. God Bless.

• As
    ashes67 Nov 09, 2011

I received a call this morning from this place. I have had the flu for the past week and consequently am not up to par. So I laid disoriented on the couch while this guy (Devin) rambled in my ear about a sweepstakes and magazines. It sounded like a good idea to me since I was looking into a subscription anyway. (Hindsight: Don't ever sign up for a subscription from someone who comes to you. Go get it yourself firsthand.) He gave me the story about how he is new, blah blah, and I get a free watch, blah blah.

There were a couple things I noticed even through the fog of flu. First of all, they talk really fast. And when I would ask questions, they would avoid answering completely and instead give me an irrelevant response. Then the feeling that something wasn't right sank in when I was reading my card number aloud. The problem is that they are really slick about getting you to give information. I admit it was dumb on my end - but the "supervisor" on the phone was leading me to believe that he had all of this information already anyway and just wanted to verify that it was correct. And maybe they do have it and they just need to have you on recording so they can say you authorized everything. Who knows. But he would give me part of my info and I would give the rest. Stupid me. It did occur to me in the call that it was really odd that he was reading off information of mine and I had never even answered a call from here before.

When I realized this was a scam then I told the supervisor I wanted out. He fed me crap about me already consenting and he already put me in the drawing (boo-hoo, dude!). Then he proceeded to talk me down to a lower monthly rate (which added up to about $700 bucks overall, by the way). I was sick of him and I thought $39.31 a month wasn't so bad so I went on with it. At the end of the call I asked for a number to call them back (so I could cancel) and he said I would get it in my welcome package. "Oh, okay. Thanks." *Click*.
    ...wait..."I WOULD GET IT IN MY WELCOME PACKAGE?!?!?!" HELLO! Are you stupid???????

I immediately went into my bank account and there was the charge! Plus some other $1.00 hold. The $39.31 came from UNIVERSAL READING COMPANY, VIRGINIA BEACH. The $1.00 hold came from MAGAZINE INC. MARIETTA HWY FL. (Florida? What?) What I am guessing from the million numbers I've called is that the $1.00 hold is from all that secondary crap they feed you at the end (hopefully you didn't make it that far) when they tell you about some other ID theft companies or some other companies they are giving information to. Whatever that third party was, that's your $1.00 charge.

The scammers gave me the correct number for that third party but this second number they gave me leads only to some underwear place (Crap.) I already canceled with Universal Reading so I shouldn't have an issue with this third party.

The best thing you can do is
    1) notify your bank of the scam and ask them to reverse the charge. Most banks will do this for you. You may have to wait until the charge posts but that beats $700 of your life getting sucked away.
    2) Cancel and replace your debit card. My bank said this is the best thing you can do in this situation. I did that. You should not have issues with collections and crap if you can get through to Universal Reading and cancel your subscription. Unfortunately, that's the hard part.
    3) Call the scammers and cancel. The following numbers worked for me and you'll end up getting the same people no matter which number you call (another obvious clue that this is shady):
    [protected]***
    [protected]*** (***these two numbers will get you the same guy)
    They will try to tell you that you made an agreement. They will also try and sell you a lower price. Just ignore it and tell them firmly that:
    A) YOU ARE NOT UNDER CONTRACT WITH THEM and
    B) YOU HAVE ALREADY NOTIFIED YOUR BANK AND THEY WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK NO MATTER WHAT
    This shut them up for me and I had it canceled. Call time there was 3:33 -- so just be firm and you won't have 20-40 minute calls. I also called each of these number back again and I verified again and again that it was canceled. Also, they can give you a cancellation #. ASK FOR IT.

• Ad
    adriannthomas Nov 02, 2011

I am PISSED. I have never even spoken to this company or signed up for ANYTHING and they jsut charged my account for $68. When I finally found the number (after tons of searching) I spoke to an EXTREMELY rude "Supervisor" that told me they couldn't pull up my account information for at least 48 hours. ###. So even though I did not sign up for this and never agreed to anything they can't (more like won't) even pull up my information to take off the fraudulent charge??!!! ugh! Luckily my bank cancelled my card and will be fighting the charges. I am so pissed. Someone needs to shut these ###s down.

• Ad
    adriannthomas Nov 02, 2011

I am LIVID. I didn't even speak with this company EVER and they have somehow charged my account for $68!! I am a poor college student and do not have money to jsut be throwing around! I tried to call them and explain that I NEVER agreed to anything but some ### supervisor told me that they couldn't even pull up my information until 48 hours after the account was made. I am FURIOUS. Not only was she rude, but that doesn't even make sense to me. They charged me almost $70 and can't pull up my account?! ###. Thankfully my bank is cancelling my account and they are going to fight it.

• Tb
    Tbruno06 Jul 27, 2011

substitute there with their. thanks =)

• Tb
    Tbruno06 Jul 27, 2011

My attitude towards this complaint is neutral for a number of reasons. To start, those of you who just say yes to anything and everything on the basis of a "good deal" flat out deserve what you get. You didn't listen to the speed talking "marketeer" and if it was to hard to hear or understand tell him/her to slow down or repeat. There is no reason why you should say yes to something if you do not fully understand it, ESPECIALLY when it concerns your finances. Now, this does not mean that I agree with there business practices. They use falsified information and give you the run around and it took me a great deal of time to track down there customer service number, which is the number you need in order to cancel. THAT IS THE ONLY CONTACT NUMBER. it is provided on the initial letter they send to you OR you have to snoop around online. The number is also provided in one of the comments above by Blademagepsn. [protected] in case you cant find his comment. Speak with a customer service rep. Do not play nice because they have no intention of trying to let you go, simply state that you are NOT under any contractual obligation what so ever. Itt'l take you about 5 to 10 min since they have to read a million responses to your cancellation off of some ###ing sheet, just repeatedly state you are cancelling. Eventually he/she runs out of options and they will give you 2 magazines = to the amount of money paid i.e. 68.29= 2yrs supposedly. Requesting a refund will not only take MORE time but you will have to jump through more hoops as well. Such is life. I mean no disrespect to anyone who fell into this trap, I knowingly signed up for this JUST so I could figure the way out. Hope it helped and best of luck.

[protected] IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

• Bu
    busygirlgirl Mar 29, 2011

I was in middle of having my dinner at campus and i didnt hear them well they ripped me off taking from 39.31 dollar, i didnt realize what i did until i want and read you guys complaint, then i was 20 minute late from an important class bc i wanted to cancel my card i called them and told to cancel the subscription they refused and told me let lower it to 19 i said no and told them u guys dont send anything finally they agreed and canceled and told me ill recieve 2 magazines for a year hopefully they cant charge anything or put me on hold

cherie Haarer Feb 24, 2011

this company is pure [censor] and needs to be shut down.They are ripping peopple off everyday and it needs to be stopped.just call([protected] ask for crstal be very firm ask them for their buisness id number and tell them you will be turning them into better buisness services if they dont refund money asap they move very quick then.also go to your bank cancel your card and tell them about it I printed this page they will assit you to.Good Luck and learn from this!!!

anti-scam spokesperson Jan 13, 2011

magazinecompanyscam.blogspot.com has all the info you need. This company runs many scams underneath one roof and does a good job at covering it all up! Learn how to get all of your money back! They purposely do not mail a letter to all customers because it does state that you can cancel at any time. They do not want everyone to know this so they do not mail it to everyone. They tell all customers that they DID in fact mail it and they cannot mail another one. *bull****! Robert Smith is currently not the vice president of accounts receivable. He was demoted/fired. It is Brendan Ryan.

anti-scam spokesperson Jan 13, 2011

Learn how to handle this company! Find out their secrets. Get all the phone numbers your need. Ask questions and get the real answers! Learn how to get all of your money back for FREE! Please visit magazinecompanyscam.blogspot.com Register as a visitor and visit often for updates. Share this website on your facebook to warn all of your friends! Lets take these scammers down together!

• Li
    linda spencer Nov 25, 2010

I just got this call today from these [censor]s saying i would get 5 mags and a diamond watch and $100 gas card. And stupid me thought cool i need free gas i am a college student and drive quite a ways to get there. I decided after i stupidly agreed to this crap i did not want it. But the number they gave me did not work then i went to by diapers for my son and it declined my card i looked it up and it said that these jerks took 49.90 out of my account. Thats all the money i had in there i was pissed and then the number they gave me didnt even work. I know first thing friday morning i am calling them and cancelling my membership and getting my money back if they refuse i will bug them until they would rather commit murder than hear my voice again and im defiantley cancelling my card. I may be only 20 but i know a scam when i see one well now i do and i dont take stuff lying down thanks for all the comments now i know what to expect when i call

• St
    steveo254 Nov 24, 2010

I cant believe i fell for this stupid scam my self. But i just called my bank and had that card cancelled and there sending me a new one. So they cant bill that card anymore. Tomorrow during there supposed business hours im gonna call them and cancel my subscription. Like all of you i cant believe i fell for this stupid scam i feel so stupid for it but at least i am not alone.

• Se
    Sean Foster Nov 20, 2010

WTF. im 20 years old and got this stupid [censor] call yesterday and obviously fell for it not knowing any better. No i gotta try and find a way to get my money back for my cell bill...I hate these f'n scam people.

• Id
    idiotkoreanboysin Nov 06, 2010

i agree i just got caught in the mess, i was swiched to the manager to give them my card info when i cancelled on the magazine plan.. can you belive she started to smart [censor] me then hang up? i then went to my banking online and saw that they were charging me still... please be carefull guys dont be as ignorant as i.. call your bank and tell them to hold your account untill later detail. they should back you 100% good luck guys.

danthao Oct 25, 2010

so i guess they took my money again. this time $62.82. If you want it to get canceled just call [protected]. You will talk to a sales rep first then a supervisor then a manager. (that's what happened to me) It took about 40 minutes of me saying i want to cancel my subscription and that I know the scams that you guys do, and you'll soon find out that you owe them a lot more money than you we notified, which they said that i owed $1600.00 still. The sales rep will try to give you discounts and will try to offer you more crap. He/she will also let you listen to the automated survey thing that you took to show that you agreed to the terms of payments which is bull crap because we all know that it's all a scam. If I was smarter, I should have just said that If you don't cancel my subscription I'm going to contact the BBB. (this statement got the sales rep nervous and then he transferred it to his supervisor. Then i said the same thing to the supervisor and he got nervous and then transferred it to his manager. After all that crap i went through he was nice about everything because they know that the BBB can do a lot more damage than what we can. Here's the website to it. http://www.bbb.org/ this will get you help after you cancel the subscription. Also make sure you cancel your bank account and get a new one because I didn't cancel my account because i thought i was done dealing with this company and yet again they took my money. Also when you cancel, make sure that it is at $0.00 by calling the number the manager gives you which i received, [protected] and don't forget to ask for the tracking number for the refund. This is very important to getting your money back asap.

Dan Thao

danthao Oct 19, 2010

You can go directly to the PD or call the nearest PD. Give them the company name, address, and numbers.

this stuff is the info i gave to the PD, this is from other people that posted on this also..
    Here is their company info
    Business Name: Century Marketing Inc.
    CMI

Type of Business: MAGAZINES-SUBSCRIPTION AGENTS
    MAGAZINE SALES DEPARTMENTS

[protected] to talk to the person that said to wait 48-72 hours
    [protected] to talk to some dumb [censor]
    [protected] to cancel you subscription.
    [protected] to deal with the same BS

JessiR Oct 19, 2010

thanks ginaT you really made me feel a lot better ... i really appreciate it :)... you made my day

GinaT Oct 19, 2010

danthao, what exactly did you tell the police department? what did they do to to resolve your issue.

GinaT Oct 19, 2010

ok i just checked my account and the 1.00 they charged me along with the 49.90 was removed/deleted... i guess if you cancel same day both charges will be cancelled without calling the other company...

also i called this number
    (gas coupon) - 1866.637.5554 it now says disconnected

if they give you this number 941.552.4072 - this is not the number to call and cancel the gas coupon. this is a rebate company(that's what they told me)

danthao Oct 18, 2010

If you haven't contacted the police department about this scam you should. I did and i gave them all of the information possible to get it resolved. Give them the company name, number, address and everything possible that you can. My situation got cleared in two days. It happened saturday and go resolved today, which is monday.
    -Dan

GinaT Oct 18, 2010

Jessi, i don't think they can bring you to court because verbal agreement is not binding.

GinaT Oct 18, 2010

ditto... same same thing happened to me a couple of hours ago. after reading the posts here i called them right away and cancelled everything. They asked me what is the reason of cancelling i just told them, financial issues and then repeated to me of what i agreed to when they offered it to me, i said i understand and i still want to cancel. the lady said, ok we will cancel your subscription but you have to pay the initial charge 49.90 because it subscription was already processed... i said how can it be processed already when jason and brian said that it will take a couple of days to process this... so she immediately said, ok we will cancel everything and you will not get charge at all... so i said ok... then i called a few minutes after (just want to make sure that they did cancel) and confirmed that they cancelled my subscription. I checked my account and the charge amount of 49.90 was deleted!

JessiR Oct 18, 2010

if anyone has any advise for me i would really really appreciate it .

JessiR Oct 18, 2010

i dont know what to do they called me too saying the same thing they say to everyone and well right after i hung up i looked them up online and read that they were going to scam me too so i canceled my card and so now they cant get any money out of me but i was wondering can they still take me to court or do somthing about it? i didnt cancel and they said the time for me to cancel passed so i will have to pay them ...the lady i talked to said i owed a thousand and somthing but that she would bring it down to 300 and thats all i have to pay to stop my subscriptions with them ... i dont know what to do ??? im more worried about what they can do law wise

• De
    devereauxrob Oct 18, 2010

Thanks guys I just got into colledge and these guys called me at 7 in the morning saying i was to be entered in a drawing for a large sum off money so naturally they duped me and the next thing i know i have a subscription for 5 magzines i these guys are verypersuasive but luckly i had the common sense to look them up after the intial call and instead of finding a decent magazine compan i found two sites with about fifty complaints saying they were getting screwed even the better buisines bureau had nothing good to say (that were I got the contact number) http://www.bbb.org/eastern-washington/business-reviews/magazines-subscription-agents/century-marketing-inc-in-helena-mt-64005596/ These guys are definitely crooked in fact thank god i looked them the day of the incident because i was able get to my bank the next day and cancel my acount and debit and make a new one or i couldn've been worse off but i called to today because it was the third day of the cancelation term and with some persistence i made them cancel my subscription(i also recorded the call) thanks guys you probaly saved my [censor]
    Here is their company info
    Business Name: Century Marketing Inc.
    CMI

Type of Business: MAGAZINES-SUBSCRIPTION AGENTS
    MAGAZINE SALES DEPARTMENTS

• Br
    Briona Oct 02, 2010

The same thing happened to me today!!! I did not know they would charge me the same day! i have 2 kids and need the money they charged me 68.28 plus 1.00 ! i need a number to call to cancel this or fix this pleaseee help me!

• Wt
    WTF did i do?! Sep 21, 2010

They called me today. I usually hang up on these but i don't know why they got me today. They said i would get 5magazines, a diamond watch, and blah blah blah... i even hesitated giving my number d stuff... they said they won't charge me for 3 months but i looked at my bank and they charged me already. it's [censor]. I called the number they used and it's disconnected then i called my bank but they can't do anything but until a certain date but they gave me the number of the number of the company it was charged to it was [protected]. I called it an it was them, but they can't cancel my order until tomorrow or thurday. it's really [censor].

• Ni
    Nick, i got trolled. Aug 16, 2010

i lol'd at this at the end of the day =D
    ALRIGHTY heres my sob story...like pretty much the rest of you, i regretebly did as you all did. all this happened earlier today. i was charged the 24.99 and 1 extra dollar, i then went online and typed the name of their company in and found all the scam and bad reviews and was like "ooh [censor] thats sweet" i immediatly called the company and told them i wanted to cancel.

NOW HERES WHERE THINGS GET SHADY...
    the guy told me i had to wait 48-72 hours for my info to show up, and as i read in all these posts thats what i assumed was going to happen...so then i called up my banking office and canceled my card. then i call them back up and talk to a different person a stupid girl i might add...

this girl really pushed my buttons. my account was then found after the first phone call and 10 minutes? 48 hours my [censor], they have it they just want you to wait so hopefully you will forget about it. i told her i wanted to cancel my subscription and that i give the guy who sold me this [censor] kuddos cuz he was very persuasive, i let her know i wanted to cancel the subscription because i can go on the internet and look up magazines ifi wanted to. i told the girl about this website and all the bad reviews and she STILL TRIED TO OFFER ME A MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION FOR 19.99 a month, i said "[censor] no". so then she put me on with her manager after i used nasty language.

i told the manager i just wanted out and i assumed the 24.99 plus the 1.00 random dollar was long gone. and hes said it was fine and that they were going to keep the money on the companies behalf...wtf? i told him that was cool because i already canceled my card due to this sketchy scam. he hung up and didnt even tell me to have a nice day. so thats why im here telling you guys this, all because he hung up on me.

[protected] to talk to the person that said to wait 48-72 hours
    [protected] to talk to some dumb [censor]
    [protected] to cancel you subscription.
    [protected] to deal with the same BS

PS. i would recommend to deff. cancel your card for just-in-case they 'mis hear' you and think you want another subscription

Jazz Jo Jul 02, 2010

I cant believe this! I got this call from these people about 2 months ago. I should of hung up on the [censor] who was asking these questions. I felt so stupid after I hung up the phone! I should have known better than to give out my info on the godforsaken telephone! It was a Saturday morning and I just woke up and got this call and like everyone pretty much said, it sounded good. Its two months later not ONE! magazine!!! I am starting college in the fall and NEED THE MONEY THAT I EARNED FROM WORKING DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR! I don't need these jerks sneaking into my account and STEALING!!! $30 and $19.95 whenever the hell they feel like it!!!. Since I'm 18 now I just have to handle it on my own.

• Po
    pooperscooper09 Jul 02, 2010

i just got off the phone with these people, i explained to them that i did not want anything taken off my card at any point, i'm going out of town tomorrow and i need that money. the next thing i know she's rattling off all this [censor] and some how she convinced me to give her my info. BIG MISTAKE!!! and like an idiot i gave them permission to charge my card i had already planned on calling back right away and canceling, but like everyone else has said, i have to wait 24-48 hours before my account can be looked at, and my bank can't do anything untill the hold comes off the charge, this company is oober shady, i tried calling 2 different numbers and got the same lady on the phone, and what makes me feel even more like an idiot, my ex got this same company and they screwed him over to and i was sitting right next to him when he got set up for this [censor], i think we should all just take them to court for this, mainly those of us who wanted to call and cancel right away but they won't let us, i'm a telemarketer so i know what it's like to get yelled at all day by people who are super pissed off but if i were this company i would think about changing the way we run things this is the most shady company ever and i feel everyone's anger when it comes to this company

• Di
    Diara May 06, 2010

UGGGGGH IM SOOOOO MAAAAD. i was watching law n order and wasn't quite listening to what the super-nice and friendly lady was telling me...I'm very upset that i didn't stop myself from giving my information out!! the sales rep said the charge wouldn't go through for two weeks but lo n behold, my account is missing 68.28 that looked like this:

*DEBIT AUTHORIZATION May06 11:39a ####
    AT 11:39 UNIVERSAL READING VIRGINIA BCH

annnnnd like a fool i did the recording thing too, stating that i understood it all. clearly i did not. they also took a dollar for debit authorization that looked like the following.

*DEBIT AUTHORIZATION May06 11:32a ####
    AT 11:32 Magazine8008064680 428 Childers

i don't know if it was me or just coincidence but when the recording would explain stuff the sales rep would blow into the phone and totally drowned out the machines voice. I asked her to repeat it but she def left out a good chunk of some the recording. clearly she didn't want me to know what was said. she read like 5 numbers off and i only got one of them:

[protected]

i tried to get her to repeat them but she kept talking and talking. it didn't feel right to continue (like it did at any point) and i was trying to interrupt her but before i knew it, i was listening to the tracking number sound off.

i called the numbers I got from here too. They both said i couldn't cancel my account until 24-48 hours have passed. T_T i cant really fight them if they dont even have access to my account, now can i? Boy do i feel like a horses ### :( im so disappointed, especially since they said they were certified and accredited and a bunch of other fancy sounding bs.

My dads a financial advisor. i need to get rid of this charge asap!!! CRAP!

Diara J., VA

mam8806 Apr 05, 2010

Is that number that Michelle H called legit?! I desperately need a number to call, so I can cancel this damn "subsription!"

• Th
    There Liers Mar 23, 2010

Oh thank you so much for this site. It just happen to me today. I asked him 3 times if my account was going to be changed and he told me not till May 1st well I guess todoy was May first becouse they cleaned my account out. It was after hours for me to, but thanks to this site I found the number and went off abut it. The girl's named was Brittanie and she canceled my account and said my money would be back in there in 7 to 10 working days, Thank god! Oh there's another number she gave me its:

Good Luck,
    Deana, TN

• Al
    Alyssa18 Mar 12, 2010

I just got a call about this earlier this morning!!! Right after the call i talked to my mom and she was like "its probably fraud so dont give out your info" (not knowing i had already done it) So i panicked and started looking up my bank account and they had already charged me 68.28 in less than 10 minutes!!! But my account told me who took the money out so I started searching the we and not to my surprise a whole bunch of websites came up about fraud. So I called and finally got somebody. They had some nerve asking me "is it a financial problem? we have a financial center. We'll lower your payments" and I was like NO! I want to cancel. The guy kept trying to force me to commit to something, but I was like NO! I want out!! Since they had already taken my money out though, they didnt refund it but sent me 2 magazines for a year since they said it would be the equal amount. Now I know this is a scam because at the beggining they were saying I had to pay 68.28 MONTHLY for 19 MONTHS!!! (for 5 magazines. 2 that were supposedly free) Thats about 1300 dollars!!! So how in the world, according to what I ended up getting woud THREE magazines equal 1300 dollars for 19 months? but 2 magazines for 12 months only cost me 68.28? This thing is ridiculous. DONT BECOME TOO EXCITED AND FALL FOR IT!!!

• Al
    alainncailin1021 Mar 12, 2010

Screw this company...tried to tell me I already obligated myself to the 39.31 dollar charge to my account when I haven't recieved anything!! I made the order 20 minutes ago then I read all these posting and canceled immediately!! The customer service lady kept telling me no she couldnt give me back my money even though I didnt receive anything...finally after a few choice words I said to her and the fact that they have bad business and bad reviews, she finally said she was canceling everything. This company is a total scam!!! BEWARE!!!

• Mz
    MzAisha Mar 01, 2010

omg i cant thank u enough Michelle H!!! i called and they cancelled my subscription!!! although i had to put up a fight they finally gave in!!! so glad i stood my ground b/c this lady was like pushing the $19.99 plan on me and i was like NO WAY!!! lol but i appreciate ur help and definitely recommend who ever is in a similar situation to CALL THE #!!! and be stern they cave eventually!!!

• Ke
    kerschenl Feb 11, 2010

Same thing happened to my college age daughter who just couldn't hang up or say no. After talking to me, she finally called back and was told that she couldn't cancel. She was in tears when we talked to her again. She finally read the back of the letter they sent her which did say she could cancel at anytime. She has sent in her cancellation letter by certified mail, return receipt and we are hoping this will be the end of it, however, from reading the above posts, now I am not so sure. We will keep an eye on her account and if necessary, close it. I wonder whether they even bother to pursue collections. I guess we'll cross that bridge if/when we get to it.

Checkboi Feb 09, 2010

About 5 or 6 months ago i received a call in the morning from a service that was providing magazines. Like a [censored], i opted to hear what they had to say. The man started off by saying he was new and to bare with him. He told me about the subscription and asked me what kind of Diamond/gold watch i would like to receive as a gift for free. He stated that the payments would be $5.20 a month so it would be a 1 time payment of $62.40, and the next 4 years free. They recorded the conversation but in a way that they could edit out certain parts to twist the truth if checked by someone. I ordered the magazines and paid the $62.40. about a month later i did not receive any magazines nor did i receive the diamond watch. I should have checked before i ordered because the did not give me a name of their company or any time of information on them. I looked up the phone # they called me from [protected]) on google and all i kept getting in the search results were thousands of pages of other people being scammed by the same people who called from that number. i Immediately called and canceled my credit card. I called and canceled with them also. But for the last 4 or 5 months they have been calling me day in and day out. Between 6am and 11:30pm, they call about 3 to 5 times a day. i recently received a letter in the mail stating that i am to pay a total of $1, 236.45. That is complete ###!!! Who the ### pays 12oo dollars for a total of 8 magazines recieved (already used and old issues). They did not abide by their own terms in which they tried to make invalid charges to my credit card, did not send the watch that was provided, and says you cannot cancel after i already called and they said they cancelled my account. Do not fall for this service at all!!! THEY CAN SUCK MY DICK. IF I SEE THEM IN PERSON I WILL RAPE THEM WITH A BANDSAW!!! THE NUMBER IS [protected]. ALSO KNOWN AS Premier Reading Service and Consumer Reading Company. ### THESE ASSCLOWNS!!!