Union Telecom Canadanot refunded the deposit money as they assured when I registered for long distance call

When I registered for long distance calling service with union telecom canada approximately one year ago, I talked with their both an agent and a manager named rahil ahmed. They both confirmed me that anytime I cancel my subscription with the company they will full refund my deposit of us$39.5 in the form of check. They also gave a transaction number for the transaction of deposit money. Two month ago, I called customer service and cancelled my subscription. As they assured, I asked them a full refund of my deposit. They categorically refused me to refund the deposit and instead they offered me calling card credit of can$50 and it will be sent to my address; however, I did not agree with them and claim again full refund of my deposit in cash or check. Till now I did not receive any refund.

John Thomas Nov 30, 2014

Hi,
    Looks like they are fraud. I have the deposit of about with them of about $ 40.00 which has been there for a few years. They tall me that in order to get the deposit back I have to pay them $ 3.75, a previous balance. I asked them to take that amount from the deposit and refund the balance of the deposit. They are not willing to do that. So this is a fraud. What happens if I pay the previous balance and then there may be more excuses, and then they can get more money this way. Any way I am not paying the previous balance, but they will end up keeping our original deposit . I don't know if there is any way to force them to give our deposit back.
    Thanks,
    John.

Sagar Aryal Jul 10, 2012

Yes, I do have same experience with them (Union Telecome) and New Era Telecome.
    Don't deal with them. They are fraud.