UNI Cloudtechnical support

M May 22, 2019

Last Friday, I got a call from 1-844-385-4366 and a guy in his 20s started talking to me in a middle eastern accent. He said that his name was Jack and that he was calling me from my technical support. He told me that they were going out of business and will be refunding me the $200 that I paid to them. Thinking that he was calling from my technical support, I gave him the remote access of my computer and he opened my bank account online. I could see him transferring some money from one account to another thinking that he was transferring money from his company's account to my account. What he actually did was very obscene. Then he told me that he accidentally added an extra zero and made a transfer of $2000. He started panicking and almost cried while begging me to give $1800 back to him as this transaction happened by accident and his boss would kill him if he finds out about it. Being the sympathetic guy I am, I made the transfer of $1800. He immediately hung up the call after confirming that the transfer has been made. The guy even locked my computer and added some kind of key on it. I tried calling the number back, it was not reachable. After some time, the number was out of service. I immediately realized someone screwed $1800 off of me. I called my technical support to which I paid $200 a long time ago. They told me that they didn't call me and confirmed the fact that I was scammed by the other caller (Jack). It's sad to know that people would do such horrible things for money and even ruin the reputation of good companies. Now I can't trust anyone calling me from a toll-free number, thanks to that SCAMMER!!!

• Un
    Uni cloud Inc Aug 07, 2019

We never call any of our customer's to inform company is shut down, some scammers are putting us in bad name, Its our humble request never ever share your banking detials and passwords or Pin with anyone including UNI Cloud representative.

• Jl
    jlarry Aug 19, 2019

@Uni cloud Inc I had a similar very questionable session with Unicloud saying they were "paired up" with Microsoft Security and that my computer had reached a limit of virus threats. They had locked up my computer to protect me and said to call them at [protected]. They told me the Trend Micro security that I had from Best Buy for years was giving me no protection for my Windows 10 system. They sent all my data to a Microsoft Drive (pictures, documents, download, etc.). They charged me $500 for a 5-year contract for a Norton Symantec Endpoint Protection Security. The next day [protected]) they called to say that my computer had 4 overseas viruses that had been established and they couldn't fix it and restore all my data without accessing my credit card account which they said would open my account to these 4 hackerers. They wanted to sign me up to Bitcoins and another CoinBank . I was to purchase $500 worth of Walmart gift cards in order to get my refund and my data back. They also wanted a photo copy (front and back) from my printer of my driver's license. At that point I decided to cut my losses and shut down my computer and immediately put a lock on my credit card and changed passwords. On 08-18-2019 the $499.99 charge to my credit card disappeared. I STILL LOST ALL MY DATA. Wish I knew who to call to sort this out.