Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving Logo

Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving

Having problems with Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving?

+1 800 727 6255 (Customer Service)
+1 604 850 2555 (Abbotsford, BC)
+1 604 436 3338 (Burnaby, BC)
+1 604 524 2755 (Coquitlam, BC)
+1 844 738 8600 (Lloydminster, AB)
+1 250 751 9844 (Nanaimo, BC)
+1 604 986 2222 (North Vancouver, BC)
+1 604 270 1242 (Richmond, BC)
+1 604 581 1616 (Surrey, BC)
+1 604 324 3333 (Vancouver, BC)
+1 250 474 1117 (Victoria, BC)
+1 778 609 2202 (White Rock, BC)
+1 403 879 1915 (Calgary, AB)
+1 780 434 4344 (Edmonton, AB)
+1 780 402 3355 (Grande Prairie, AB)
+1 403 327 3267 (Lethbridge, AB)
+1 403 488 4719 (Medicine Hat, AB)
+1 306 352 1329 (Regina, SK)
+1 306 934 6688 (Saskatoon, SK)
+1 877 217 5834 (Brandon, MB)
+1 204 654 3278 (Winnipeg, MB)
+1 705 722 9970 (Barrie, ON)
+1 905 524 3278 (Hamilton, ON)
+1 613 549 1888 (Kingston, ON)
+1 519 748 1117 (Kitchener, ON)
+1 519 666 3600 (London, ON)
+1 905 203 1380 (Mississauga, ON)
+1 613 723 5557 (Ottawa, ON)
877-217-5834 (Montreal, QC, Moncton, NB & Halifax, NS)
14630 128 Ave. NW Suite 2B

Halifax, NS
P.O. Box 25123, Halifax, NS, B3M 4H4

Complaints & Reviews

Fraud and cheating!

I contacted ‘Two Men with Big Hearts’ Moving Company on Wednesday, June 27th, 2007. I spoke with a man named Jon Willoughby at the Toronto office. His contact number was [protected]. I explained to him that we were moving from Hamilton, Ontario to Slave Lake Alberta on July 23rd and we needed a quote for approximately 2000 lbs. of our belongings. He emailed me a quote on the same day. I told him that I was surprised because it was about $1000 less than all the other quotes I had received. He told me that we would have to ship our things by the 11th to receive them by the 25th in Alberta. (This was the day we took possession of our new home in Slave Lake). I let him know that we were waiting for a couple more quotes and I would call him when I knew which company we would be hiring to move us. The other quotes were also approximately $1000 more than the Two Small Men quotes. So, on Wednesday, July 4th, 2007 I called Jon Willoughby at Two Small Men with Big Hearts and asked him if we still had time to book them to move us. He said we did. I reminded him that we’d like our belongings to arrive as close to the 25th as possible. He said that was fine. He told me that the movers would arrive on July 11th, 2007 between 2-4 pm. He asked for my credit card # to confirm the booking with a down payment. I gave him my Credit Card #.
We started packing. My husband took 2 days off work, I switched my shift and stayed up to 5 am on July 11th, 2007 so that we would have everything packed and ready for the movers. On July 11th, 2007 I waited till 3:45pm and when the movers still hadn’t shown up, I called the above number and spoke with the receptionist. She stated that the movers were on their way, they were just a little late. I waited till 4:15 pm and called again. At that point she put me through to a man named Richard who apparently was in charge of coordinating the moving vans. He told me he had no record of our move and movers were not on their way. I explained to him that I spoke with Jon on July 4th, he gave me this pick up date and he took my credit card # for the down payment to confirm the booking. He asked me to send him Jon’s original quote, which I emailed to him that evening. He didn’t actually seem too concerned, told us that this happens sometimes, and wanted us to wait until Sunday, July 15th for the pick up. We explained that we have 2 small children and that the boxes were very dangerous for them and we’d like them cleared out as soon as possible and we did have a confirmed pick up date of the 11th. He told us then that the movers would come after 1pm on the following day, the 12th.

The movers did not come on Thursday, nor did they call us to explain. We tried to contact someone at the above number but we were always put through to the voice mail. We left numerous messages and did not receive a response. The last message I left on Thursday evening at approximately 8:45 pm stated that ‘as you may imagine, this is a pretty major move for us and we are becoming very nervous and I need you to tell me exactly when your company will be here to pick up our things. Please call me back.’

The next day, on Friday July 13th, 2007 I waited till approximately 1:30 pm and when I received no phone call, I called the above number again. I spoke to Richard. When I asked him when the movers would be coming, he seemed surprised that our things had yet not been put on the truck. He told me that he would look into it and call me back. I told him that I had to leave for work at 3:15 pm and I practically begged him to get back to me ASAP. At this point I was becoming very stressed out, frustrated and angry. I left for work without a returned call. While I was at work, my husband called me to tell me that he finally got through to Richard at Two Small Men with Big Hearts and was told that one of their drivers was coming into Hamilton anyway to pick up some of his personal belongings so he’ll swing by and get our stuff when he gets a minute!

I returned home at 8:45 pm and our things had still not been picked up. I went onto the computer and searched for the Two Small Men with Big Hearts Head Office Contact number so I could talk to whoever was in charge, hoping to get some action. When the search results came up all that I saw were people registering complaints about the company. Many with stories very similar to ours: People choosing Two Small Men because they were so much cheaper than the other companies, then experiencing delays in pick ups, damaged goods, stolen/missing boxes and just very poor customer service. Many stated that after they waited a week for the pick up and eventually went with another company, they did not receive their down payment back. I became very relieved that we hadn’t put any of our belongings on their truck as it appeared that they were illegitimate and immediately called my credit card company to make sure that my card wasn’t charged. Almost immediately after ending my phone call withmy credit card company, at approximately 9:30 pm, I received a call from Richie the mover from Two Small Men with Big Hearts. He told me that he was done picking up his things and he was swinging by to get our stuff. I let him know that we had decided not to go with Two Small Men and his exact words were ‘ I don’t blame you, these guys are chumps’ ! He advised me to leave a message right away and tell Jon/Richard that I was canceling the service so they didn’t charge my card and that he would follow up with them on Monday. I called the [protected] number and left a message with my name, address and phone number. I told them after 3 days of waiting for the movers to arrive, poor customer service and endless frustration we had decided to cancel their service. I told them that I had spoken with my credit card company and that the down payment had not yet been charged and if it did post, I would dispute the charge. I advised them to cancel the charge. I also told them that they should be more considerate with their customers because these are their lives that they are fooling around with. I told them to contact me if they had any questions/concerns regarding our cancellation. I never heard from them again. We hired another moving company which informed us that legitimate moving companies do not charge a down payment and only require payment upon delivery via a bank draft or certified cheque. Now I know...

On July 24th, I called my credit card company to obtain my balance and discovered that the charges had posted. I explained to the customer service agent that I had to pay the charge because my debt had to be at zero for us to take possession of our new home in Alberta, however I did not agree with the charge and wanted to dispute it. He told me that he’d send me the forms, so now I'm in the process of disputing the charges on my credit card for a service not rendered.

Now that we are settled in our new home, I will be reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau. I have no idea how they are still in business.

Sarah Retzer Sep 27, 2007

Hi
    My mom is in the middle of a terrible moving experience with Two Small Men. I am waiting for her things to be delivered before writing of her experience, but it sounds much like everyone else's--no show on the packing day, rude, numerous unreturned phone calls, and they are already more than 2 weeks late to deliver and won't return her calls to confirm when it will be delivered! I cannot believe this company is still in business. Initially, I thought they were trying to take advantage of her--she is elderly and in a wheelchair... but now I see it is their customers in general they take advantage of!

Did the woman who wrote the above complaint get anywhere with the Better Business Bureau or her credit card company? I am considering trying to get my Mom's money back...but it will depend on the language of her contract with them. Not holding my breath on that one, but will definitely get her story out there once it is complete.

If anyone wants to contact me regarding this company and anything that can be done to get returned money or lodging a formal complaint, please do: [email protected]

Poor service!

I gave them $1,000.00 deposit in Oct 06 for move in June 07. April 07 they refused to return phone calls so I canceled. They have now had my deposit for almost a year and still refuse to refund it.

If you have had problems with this firm contact me at [protected]@telus.net and perhaps together we can do something other than complain.

MarnieMcGil Aug 31, 2007

The sales rep who came to give the estimate said he was the owner. I found out later that was a lie. They showed up at 5:00pm instead of in the morning. I tried all day without success to get hold of someone. My household goods went from Toronto to Ottawa to Winnipeg. (final destination) The woman loading the truck with her husband, dropped my box of china (oops, sorry!) My computer stand was crushed beyond recognition. They broke a mirror and a lot of dishes. She smoked in my home. They charged me 3 times for elevator usage. When I asked I was told I shouldn't have been charged at all, and was eventually reimbursed for the 3 elevator charges and they paid for a new computer stand, but only after weeks of calls and I had to go pick up the cheque myself. I had been told the cheque was in the mail. A blatant lie!!! I would NEVER use them again.

• Da
    David & Beulah Lennox Sep 01, 2007

Booked June 15 to move July 9. They showed up 1 day later. Took 3 men 6 hrs. to load a 2 bedroom bungalow. They didn't take everything - we had to leave behind many items of sentimental value. It was summer when we left Ont. & its now fall in Nova Scotia. We need our warm clothing. Every time we've called, it has been a different excuse. After reading the above "horror stories", we cringe to think what shape our precious household items will be in. Please, please, please don't book with this company - you'll only suffer grief & lose weight like I have & have sleepless nights!!

Jack Devitt Apr 18, 2008

I have used Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving five times over the last ten years.I have always been compleatly satisfied, and would recomend them

• Ke
    Ken Apr 24, 2008

This person is nothing but crazy. Look at the e-mail link they put on here

moving.ca like we are a bunch of ###.
    PEOPLE...moving.ca is the ontario websight these people. if you do the www.moving.ca it will take you to there websight and you will then see that this was posted by the owner himself.
    I thought i seen things in my life, but this company is crazy.

• Vi
    VicJames May 14, 2008

Ken your a dumb ### - yes www.moving.ca is the companies web site, hence why it is under "Company Information", the post however is by Jack Devitt and his email is hidden for privacy.

• De
    Deanna Bean Sep 23, 2008

Re. Two Small Men with Big Hearts Moving - NEVER USE THIS COMPANY !

I, and my friends - a couple - moved in August using this company. We moved a week apart into a house that we share in Toronto. Apart from various horrors like turning up late, inexperienced staff, damaging a piano, not being able to fit a third of my friends' goods on the truck, I found out a week ago that the company double-billed all of us for the balance of each of our moving bills. I went to the company's office last week and confronted the accounting person, Julie Blake. After an hour and a half on the phone with MasterCard, TD Bank and MasterCard again I got my money back plus saw what their scam is.

It boils down to a loophole that they are taking advantage of. The moving company has something called a TD Freedom 4 terminal which they use to post all their credit card sales to their TD bank.

The day after my move, they put through the balance owing on my move through their Freedom 4 terminal to TD and ultimately to MasterCard. This is all clearly recorded on their credit card sales printouts for each day. However, the day of the move, one of the men who moved me had me sign a credit card slip for the balance, he then phoned in for an authorisation number. That should have been that and then the credit card slip should be posted the next day as they did. But, I found out that there are two different telephone numbers that can be used to get an authorisation number.

If you have the Freedom 4 terminal you are supposed to use one number that gives you authorisation only. If you use the other number, it will give you authorisation PLUS it puts the request through as a billing. The movers were using the "wrong" number so that a billing would go through in a way that doesn't show up on the regular posting records for the next day. Thus, the company can say to me - which they did - look, there is no record of a second billing...you have to go back to the credit card company and sort it out. Then they have that 35 - to 60 days to hang onto your money until things get "sorted" in a credit card company disput process. Or, some people might not check their account closely and never see the double billing.

My friends got their money back this week. I think that this was only because of our connection as friends and Julie's fear that I realized what they are up to. She is probably hoping that we're off her back!

I did report all of this to MasterCard security.

• Mo
    Mover Watcher Oct 26, 2008

Yep James, you are correct, but never the less, this company is bad!
    BEWARE of these clowns, you will not even see it coming...

• Qu
    Quimbly Mar 08, 2010

I wish I had read all of these comments before I hired TSM Moving Ltd. (Total Service Moving), also known as "Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving".

TSM Movers Ltd.:
    - Improperly explained and misrepresented their insurance policies before the move began
    - Almost completely destroyed our downstairs stairwell while moving a couch
    - Damaged a number of furniture items
    - Overcharged by several hours (i.e. charged when no work was being done)
    - Movers exhibited unprofessional, unethical behavior
    - Office agreed to accept complaint, but later lied and said I had submitted my complaint too late

Have you seen their BBB rap sheet? http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-reviews/moving-and-storage-companies/tsm-total-service-moving-in-calgary-ab-36439

Avoid at ALL costs!!!

Damaged furniture

When the movers showed up at my house, March 3 2007, I asked them to carry my entertainment unit together since it was on the large side & was a bit fragile. They were cooperative & respectful when loading it into the back of the truck. However, once we arrived at my new home, they received a phone call from their office advising they were required to complete another move after they were done mine. As a result, they started rushing & quite honestly got quite rude about being pressed for time. (Like that's my problem!) One of the movers decided to hurry things up by carrying my entertainment unit on his own. As a result, he lost his grip & dropped my unit down a few stairs. It's damaged to the point that it cannot serve it's purpose in my home. It's completely scraped up & the doors snapped off. I sent in a complaint along with a copy of my receipt since the unit was less than 1 year old. I guess I'm a bit naive because I fully expected to get a cheque in the mail to cover the damage. So when I received a letter back a week later stating "Due to the fact that the unit was not made of 100% wood, the damage is not covered & they won't pay for the damage," I was quite shocked. I couldn't believe the response! They rushed, they dropped it when I'd previously cautioned, but it's my fault they dropped it because it's not 100% wood. They'd be better off to pay out for the damage than suffer the loss that my negative experience will cause since I'm telling this to everyone I know! Don't EVER give your business to 2 Small Men with Big Hearts Moving. You're just asking to get screwed over.

• Md
    M Dehall May 20, 2008

have a lawyer fax a letter to their office, thats the way they operate.
    until you call them out, they will screw you over cause that how they play the game there.
    ask to speak to the owner too, not one of the idiots who answer the phone.

just my $0.02

• Qu
    Quimbly Mar 08, 2010

TSM Movers Ltd.:
    - Almost completely destroyed our downstairs stairwell while moving a couch
    - Damaged a number of furniture items
    - Overcharged by several hours (i.e. charged when no work was being done)
    - Movers exhibited unprofessional, unethical behavior

Avoid at ALL costs!!!

Job not completed, phone calls not returned

The owner of this branch quoted me a flat rate price for my move. By the time their hourly rate of six hours was up however, so were they. Two pick-up loads of my things were left at my former residence and whatever was in their truck at leaving time was dropped off into my carport. The liner of my swimming pool was caught in the pull down door of the truck and ripped as it caught each and every screw in the roll track. My buffet and antique wardrobe were both damaged. My queen size mattress was dragged across a floor made filthy by their muddy shoes, and left very stained. I have called the company four times since my March 1st move, and am always told that the owner will come out this week. No one returns calls or shows up and I do believe that to practice business like this they should consider a name change. Four lazy guys with no heart is much more suitable.I am a single working mother of two small children who moved into subsidized housing, and got ripped off in the process! Stay clear of this company!

Stay away from this bad movers!

Here are the two letters that we have written to the company that will explain my move. And we still have not...

Lost property and unreturned phone calls

This national moving company "lost" my tv set and antique rocking chair in the move from Winnipeg to Toronto...