Tutoroo — unable to find a teacher for 3 months and rejecting refund requests.
After I signed up on Tutoroo, they found a tutor, who surprisingly disappeared after I payed 120NZD for the first 2 weeks of studying.
Tutoroo then lied that they doesn't provide refunds, meanwhile there are number of responses on trustpilot.com stating successful refund.
Here is my invoice from 15th of July 2019
Attention: Andy ENGLISH Douglas AUCKLAND
Due Date:15 Jul 2019
Tutoroo Customer Care's Response, Oct 10, 2019
Thank you for giving complete information about the transaction.
On behalf of TUTOROO, I would like to apologize for the waiting period. There are no available tutor that is outside the city and can cater to your area. However, the team exhausted their effort for months in trying to find you one.
I think this is where the miscommunication was, in the hopes of providing the best service, the team 's protocol is to find our students a tutor that fits their preferences and availability, that includes location. It took time since the tutor you have originally chosen and book lessons with cannot cater to areas outside the City and the team continued looking for another.
Thank you Andy for your extended patience. Rest assured that your refund request has been escalated to the Payments Department. The New Zealand team will be in contact with you soon as it is reflected on your account.
THE TUTOROO Team
More Tutoroo Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Tutoroo Pte Ltd - learning services 
- [Resolved] Tutoroo - awaiting refund for 2 paid classes which were not given
- [Resolved] Tutoroo - education
- Tutoroo - language classes 
- Tutoroo - beware of scam: tutoroo & user data
- [Resolved] Tutoroo - never processed my refund
- [Resolved] Tutoroo - never received my refund
- [Resolved] Tutoroo - never processed refund - bad follow up