Tutoroo company logo

Tutoroo
reviews & complaints
Tutoroo
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

66 complaints
48 resolved 18 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Tutoroo customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Tutoroo reviews & complaints

Tutoroo complaints 66

S

Tutoroo - Deactivate account

I have attempted to deactivate my account since November. I paid for premium for the first month which was October to try out as a tutor. Since November I have written many times to deactivate my account. I received no response and my messages erased. I have been charged every month for three months for a service i don't want and have begged for tutoroo service to stop. I have contacted my bank in attempt to stop payment. I would recommend no one to your service.

Desired outcome: I want my account deactivated and money refunded.

S
Jan 19, 2022

In response to tutoroo. I would have sent a screenshot, but any messages sent always gets deleted by your site within minutes of sending. How am I supposed to send proof? I have called my bank and cancelled my card. This has now been an expensive experience for me. Not only from the monthly charges, but now I have to pay shipping cost to replace my old card that was used with your company.

Tutoroo - Never got paid

Im a tutor there and for the first time I had a student that After the 2 weeks trail she couldn't continue with the classes because she couldn't pay anymore. The website policy say that the If after the 2 the student doesn't continue with the classes the website will pay you half of the money. The student contact the website explaining her reasons, I contact the website trying to get some money for my work and that was more than 3 months ago they stop replying and no money.

R
Dec 06, 2021

Tutoroo - Classes booked but teacher didnt respond.PLEASE REFUND

I booked my Danish classes with a teacher on Tutoroo but the teacher did not respond. I wrote multiple times but teacher didnt respond. There is a profile but apprently no teacher is there.

At last, I requested for refund.
As soon as I requested refund, Tutoroo team immediately deducted the phone.
Now they are forcing me to take classes with another teacher but that is not what I was looking for.

I need my refund back.
This is such a poor service.
Its not my fault that the teacher didnt show up or maybe teacher is not even there.

Please refund my money.

Desired outcome: REFUND

Tutoroo - Contact information for a tutor

One week ago, I paid $80 to TUTOROO for an introduction to Chinese tutor Yanxia in Brisbane Australia.
Yanxia's profile said she was available on Saturdays, the only day I have free, however Yanxia told me that she is no longer available on Saturdays because she has started a study course. I contacted TUTOROO, however they did not agree to refund my $80, nor did they offer to off-set the $80 against the fee for the next tutor. Instead they asked me to pay an additional $120 for the replacement tutor. In other words this would bring my total payment to TUTOROO to $200. TUTOROO said I could take 2 extra one hour lessons at a different time during the week. However I am busy and I do not have additional time in the week to take additional lessons.
Also I am informed by others that TUTOROO would be expecting the tutor to work without pay for those 2 hours, ie they keep the $80 for themselves..
I urgently request that my $80 be returned to me. As an alternative, provided there is a replacement tutor available on Saturday mornings, then I could agree for the $80 to be credited to me and then deducted from the cost of introduction to the replacement tutor. I hope you can help. Best regards, Leslie Gray

Desired outcome: Refund $80 to me

Tutoroo - Service

Hideous and slow service. I paid for the tutor 120€ for two weeks but the tutor is no longer in the team for a long time ago, but, since they introduce me to another tutor so I just gave it another...

Q
Oct 21, 2021

Tutoroo - Labour legislation and billing for fictitious services

I would like to point out the website TUTOROO https://www.tutoroo.co/ which publishes advertisements for teachers and then charges for language tuition services and deliberately encourages undeclared...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Tutoroo - Two weeks in advance and no teacher reply.

Yesterday 11-10-21I paid two weeks English classes in advance.The amount was 92 euros. . I was sending messages but the teacher doesn't reply. I founded really weird so I did my research and as I expected, it is a scam.
I saw a lot of cases like mine. I could wait but I think is so obvious that I will not get any teacher.
I still thinking how people can do this kind of things. Anyway. I hope to hear something soon from you. I don't have a client number but my name is Maika.I want my money back. Kind regards

P

Hi Maika, in case you are still looking for an english tutor, feel free to contact me [email protected], I am reliable and well experienced

Tutoroo - I just want a refund

I did the two week for $75 per lesson, and when I put my details through and pressed pay mind you it said I was PAYING $75 FOR THE FIRST LESSON, not the $300 ALTOGETHER. When it was pulled out of my account I tried to contact and say I want a refund it said nothing about paying it all upfront until after they took my money, absolutely misleading and a scam. They said as per their terms and because they have other tutors it's non refundable again doesn't say that anywhere. I said I changed my mind I want my money back.
I've read other reviews with similar troubles. Absolutely digusting.

Desired outcome: Full refund as I did not get the service and WILL not be continuing through them.

Tutoroo - Service all information not real

Bad service 2 weeks didn't get me reach and not refound, service bad look like scam level of trust zero. Creat so stupid ruls you think I will seat and waiting 2 or 3 weeks when found me teacher and after give up? Or you think my daughter have time waiting 2 weeks when you found teacher ? All advertising in you site not real and you must do refund but you don't but it ok it's not about money it's about principal.

K

Tutoroo - Teacher never showed up

I paid for two classes in advance. I arranged the time with the tutor, but she never showed up.
I have contacted customer services many times over the past 2 weeks but they have been of no help.
Each time they promise me that the 'Dublin team' will be in touch, but I never get the help I am looking for.
I tried phoning them but the telephone number is invalid. It also says it's the number for the Dublin team, but it is not an Irish phone number.
I think this may be a scam and of course I am very annoyed to be out of pocket and I don't want to see the same happen to others.

Desired outcome: Refund and for this scam to be taken off line

Update by Karoline Rose
Oct 06, 2021

Hi Tutoroo,

I have sent almost daily messages. I am very surprised to hear that you have no record of my name. I have also tried phoning but the line is disconnected.
My email address is [email protected]

Karoline

Tutoroo - Tutoroo service

I was in contact with Tutoroo.co for more than 2 month and I contacted a teacher who's name was "Lily" and she claimed that she is from the UK. We kept on contact for 2 month via Tutoroo messaging service and as soon as I paid for her first 2 weeks (4 lessons), she declined because she is suddenly offered a job! And when I asked my money back, Tutoroo refuse, although they see it was not my fault.

I think based on that I think they are not trust worthy, even enough to be web-criminals.

Desired outcome: Get my money back!

Update by Sedky Elmohandess
Sep 13, 2021

Although, all the information you required was sent to you, but so far no any action taken.
Which it proves my complaints against Tutoroo as an unreliable website/company, thanks.

Update by Sedky Elmohandess
Aug 31, 2021

Here is my information;
Name: Marwa
Email Address: [email protected]
Location: Helsinki
Language: English
Amount paid: 96 euro
Teacher caused the trouble: Lily (from UK, but working in Finland)

M
Oct 04, 2021

I paid tutoroo for a tutor hkd 1200 for two lessons of French which is already expensive and the teacher cancelled last minute again, this is 2nd time happen to me. Tutoroo match me with a teacher more expensive and not what I had in mind for my daughter and refuse to refund . I find the quality and ethicacy of the business to be u realiable and recommend people to use other mediums.

Tutoroo - Paid upfront but still no lesson planned after 3 weeks

I paid upfront NZD108 on 10/08/2021 for 2 hours of lessons with a Swedish tutor based in Wellington (NZ) for face to face lessons. The tutor selected (out of the 2 available according to Tutoroo...

Tutoroo - Tutoring

Paid for more lessons and did not receive all of them. Tutoroo also stopped replying to my queries and has not provided me with a refund. Every time I reached out to their whatsapp they have been unwilling to or unable to help. They also do not pay what they should to the tutor they supply. Do not choose Tutoroo to find a tutor, unreliable and untrustworthy

Desired outcome: Refund

Tutoroo - Paid for 4 lessons not received any tutor

I payed 96euro for 4 lessons of 1hr30min and have not received any tutors or refund, I am hugely disappointed and frustrated with this website after numerous efforts to get my money back. Tutoroo makes no effort to give you the service of the tutor and you are the one doing all the work of trying to find someone. I would like a full refund ASAP. I'm done with this website.

Desired outcome: Full refund ASAP

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Tutoroo - Not able to provide instant help finding right teacher for my urgent needs

I have a test and want to improve the writing skill since early August and I have paid 2400 NTD to secure the possible teacher, however, I am not able to find right teacher after Tutoroo support team change the teacher source again & again( already 7-8 times ) . I have no time wasting on such replacement and already find other English learning platform to resolve my urgent needs . So I strongly request to get payment refund

C

Tutoroo - Unable to get refund - charged fee when tutor was not available

I had checked & located an english tutor for the fee that I was looking to pay. Then the website asked me to pay upfront for the 2 weeks of lesson with the minimum of 1.5 hrs per week. Then after the payment had been confirmed, the support team sys the tutor is not available for my time requested. Then i've spent 5 days locating another tutor. I want my refund back now. I don't want to waste any more time coordinating this poorly managed business that takes no responsibility in keeping customers or potential customers happy. They refuse the refund & force me to use the credit with another tutor that is always unavailable or something happens to clash for the times I suggest.

Desired outcome: Refund the full amount paid

I paid for 2 lessons but the tutor was unsuitable. I tried another tutor and I was asked to pay more money but I did not as she was also unsuitable.
I have sent a few requests for a refund of $80 and am being ignored. I want my refund. This definitely is a scam. Highly disgruntled!
Graham McTavish
[email protected]

J
Sep 08, 2021

Hi Graham,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
It shows that you agreed with Ahmad to change the venue. Likewise, our Gold Coast team has already been notified for further assistance.
We are looking forward to starting your lessons soon.

Regards,
The TUTOROO Team
www.tutoroo.co

Tutoroo - Paid for 4 lessons got only 1!

On the 2nd of August I paid 60 euros for 4 lessons (1h30min each) of Spanish with K. in Dublin. After first lesson she sent me a message that she cannot continue being my tutor anymore due to her work schedule. We both informed you about it on the 7th of August in the chat box but I haven't received any reply from you. I asked you for a new tutor as I have no time to waste. I find it very hard to communicate with you so I want a refund of the 60 euros I paid.

Desired outcome: request a refund 60 euros

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Tutoroo - Paid for something in advance which cannot be supplied

I have bought lessons in advance from Tutoroo, paid $120 and contacted the two tutors in my area from their website. Those Tutors did not respond, I have since been sent contact details for a further 4 tutors, completely not in my area, where I would have to travel 1 to 2 hours by car to meet them, I have then been asked to meet them half way in a library and complete my face to face lessons online (the reason I chose this company is because I need in person lessons). On their site it says if a tutor cannot be found they will offer a 100% money back guarantee = when I mention this they change the subject and tell me i "have to wait and contact another tutor) - This model is a scam, I am getting nowhere and need to warn anyone else to be ware!

Desired outcome: My $120 back

Tutoroo - Paid for lessons, no tutor!

Hi have paid for two lessons up front for a native Vietnamese tutor in Wellington and not had any success with contacting one through tutoroo. There was one tutor who was replying at the beginning but as soon as I had paid there was no response.

Since then, tutoroo has made attempts to contact other tutors however there has been no reply from any of them that live in Wellington.

Currently I am $60 down without the service I paid for. Very frustrated, please help!

I get bombarded with robot emails and messages asking me to pay for more lessons..

Gracey

Desired outcome: REFUND

M
Jul 08, 2021

Hi Gracy,

Sorry for your experience. If you haven't found tutor yet, please consider contacting me. I'm a Vietnamese tutor. All of my students are able to read any Vietnamese material after 2 class lessons. I'm also easy-going and don't mind to teach overtime. I could give you a free lesson to see if you'd like to continue leaarning with me. My email is [email protected]

Best regards,
Tam

A
Jun 08, 2021
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Tutoroo - Avoid tutoroo! Wrong service selected - unwilling to give refund even though no other tutors at same price available

Hi, I recommend everyone to avoid Tutoroo at all costs! They provide awful customer experience and are incredibly unhelpful! Once they've got your money they don't care about you! On Monday, I...

1 2 3 4