Having problems with Tutoroo?

Tutoroo Customer Service Contacts

+65 92 461 794 (Singapore)
+61 490 186 995 (Australia, Adelaide / Brisbane)
+61 481 087 438 (Australia, Melbourne)
+61 477 645 540 (Australia, Perth)
+61 491 095 747 (Australia, Sydney)
+64 22 354 2921 (New Zealand)
+852 55 242 581 (Hong Kong)
+63 975 672 7353 (Philippines)
+27 712 855 264 (South Africa)
101 Cecil Street 18-12
Singapore - 069533

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Tutoroo Customer Service. Initial Tutoroo complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Tutoroo above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Tutoroo. Discuss the issues you have had with Tutoroo and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Tutoroo Complaints & Reviews

TutorooTook my money before connecting me with a tutor

Tutoroo quickly took $152 out of my account without warning before even finding me a tutor. It has been weeks and still nothing. I have asked for a refund and they are refusing. I already found another tutor through a different much better site and I have just lost my job and can't have this kind of money taken from me. I have asked nicely mutiple times and they are being very incompetent. I want my refund please.

• Tutoroo's response · Jan 20, 2021

Hi Claire,

Thank you for your feedback.
      In order for us to correctly assist you regarding your review and service experience with TUTOROO, can you please email us at [email protected] the following:

Mode of Payment:

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tutorootutoring

their M.O. is.1. choose your teacher 2. pay the money so you can contact the teacher. ( money you paid is for 4 lessons)
    in my case, . After 2 lessons, the teacher claimed she is not paid by tutoroo. she then decided not to continue. I asked for refund from tutoroo and they refused. I looked for a second teacher, whom I thought may fit my need, but there was no reply from the second teacher. So i requested a refund. tutoroo then offered me a teacher whom I believe do not fit my requirements.( yes. they chose the teacher for me. How do they know what I need?). I told them this teacher is not suitable. then they said I cant get the remainder of my money back as they hv other tutors for me. The point is almost all of their teachers are ESL teachers.I need mainstream English teacher for VCE. they DO NOT have any tutor for this purpose, and yet they refused to return my money. They took my right to choose my own teacher and offered me an ESL teacher.They are shameless too as these conversations took place in the chat platform where the first teacher can actually read the shuttling of messages. up to today, they still refuse to refund me, instead they said I can choose any tutor and can get tuition anytime in the future. The issue is, they DO NOT have a VCE English teacher.

• Tutoroo's response · Jan 20, 2021

Hi Minnie,

We would like to ask for an update so we can further check this matter.

• Tutoroo's response · Jan 18, 2021

Hi Minnie,

Thank you for your feedback.
        To be able to correctly assist you regarding your review and service experience with TUTOROO, can you please email us the below information:

TutorooTutoring

I inquired to this site Tutoroo to get a tutor but before they had found anyone for me, I had already found a suitable tutor for myself on a different site and no longer need Tutoroo. Tutoroo has taken $152 out of my bank account without warning or before a tutor on this site had even accepted me, as the person they put me in touch with has too many students already. I have messaged them multiple times about the matter and they will not give me a refund or find me a suitable tutor since apparently they can't give me a refund, and now aren't responding at all.

• Tutoroo's response · Jan 13, 2021

Hi Claire,

Thank you for your feedback.
          Feel free to check & choose another tutor at https://www.tutoroo.co/French-tutor-Adelaide
          Unfortunately, in your case, we can't issue a refund as we still have available tutors in your city.

Thank you for your understanding.

TutorooLack of Transparency / refund request

Dear Tutoroo Team,

My name is Oana Bogatan. I have paid 120 € for two private tutoring classes that they will not take place due to misinformation both on my side as well as on the Tutor‘s side. It seems the tutor is not getting the money I transferred prior to getting in contact with him. As a consequence he has cancelled his account. I am no longer interested in using these services and I request to be put in contact with the Payment Team/ Customer Service from Germany, Munich and to be refunded.

Lack of Transparency / refund request

• Tutoroo's response · Jan 13, 2021

Hi Oana,

Thank you for providing us your feedback and letting us explain our side.

Please know that our tutors are well informed about our payment policy before we activate their profiles. In line with this, we contacted Benjamin directly so he can review our guidelines.

Regarding your lessons, please feel free to choose your tutor at https://www.tutoroo.co/german-tutor-munich if Benjamin is no longer interested.

We hope this clarifies everything.

TutorooNo refund fees

I haven't got my refund! "If the student does not choose to continue after the second week, we will pay you half the tuition fees." This is the policy of TUTOROO however they do not refund half of the fees. I sent several messages mostly no reply if so "Hi Anna, we apologize for the delay. We will follow up again with our finance team. " the same message from 2 months. I ll appreciate your help.

• Updated by Anna Petherbridge · Jan 06, 2021

I finally got refund today, after many complaints. Problem solved.

• Updated by Anna Petherbridge · Jan 05, 2021

Dear Tutoroo, why you not making refund according your policy?

• Tutoroo's response · Jan 02, 2021

Hi Anna,

The student has decided in November not to continue your lessons.
              We will keep you posted on the progress of your payout.

Thank you for your patience.

• Updated by Anna Petherbridge · Jan 02, 2021

This situation is ridiculous, refund taking 3 months? Nobody replying for my messages? Tutoroo you are not professional at all.

• Tutoroo's response · Dec 29, 2020

Hi Anna,

We perfectly understand your frustration.
              Rest assured that we are doing our best so you can receive your payout at the soonest possible time.

www.tutoroo.co

TutorooThey did not transfer the money as it was agreed

The worst experience ever. This website seems a predatory website. According to their rules, they have to pay the teacher half the fee for the first two weeks in case the student decided not to continue.
            In my case, I am waiting for 4 months without getting anything. It is disrespectful behaviour. Every time I write to them, they say "we will do a follow-up for the payment", and this"follow-up" will not finish till the client give up. And recently they stopped to respond to the messages.
            Not recommended at all.

They did not transfer the money as it was agreed
            They did not transfer the money as it was agreed

• Tutoroo's response · Dec 27, 2020

Hi Naji,

Thank you for your prompt response and for providing us your details.
                Rest assured that we will further investigate this and we will keep you posted.

• Updated by Naji. · Dec 27, 2020

Hi,

I have contacted you several times through the website and you did not answer, so I am in real doubt about your reply now.

However, here is the requested info:
                Full Name: Naji Sulaiman
                Email address used in signing-up: [email protected]
                Location (City/Country): Czech Republic
                Language: Arabic

Regards

• Tutoroo's response · Dec 25, 2020

Hi Naji,

I hope this message finds you well.
                To be able to correctly assist you regarding your review and service experience with TUTOROO, can you please provide the below information:

Full Name:
                Email address used in signing-up:

Dec 06, 2020

Tutoroo — Horrible communication and out of control tutors!

Sent an inquiry for French leassons and did choose one tutor although the choices are limited and info are...

TutorooNot refunded for money paid

I have paid for lessons, and my tutor didn't show up, I didn't get any feedback from the Tutoroo team for more than 2 days.
              I am not happy with the service and requested a refund, and they said that no refund would be processed. If I like I can pick another Tutor, however, I don't want to go through that again as I don't feel like they do a proper screen on their so-called Tutors, I was sit up by their tutor with no answer at all.
              Very disappointed with the overall service.

• Tutoroo's response · Nov 27, 2020

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
                  As per our policy, if your first chosen tutor doesn't fit your preferences & availability, then we can definitely transfer the payment or credit it to another tutor of your choice.
                  And in your case, we still have available tutors who can accommodate you. Thus, the refund request couldn't be considered.

We hope that this helps clarify this matter.

TutorooTerrible customer service, scammers

One of the worst customer services I've ever dealt with. They can't provide me with a tutor in my local area and keep forcing me to take online lessons even though I tried it in the past and I know that it doesn't work for me. They simply won't refund me and keep my money for a service they didn't do. They are all scammers. Stay away from them no matter what. There are other honest tutor pages who provides you with a proper service.

• Updated by Ozge · Nov 26, 2020

Hi, can you let me know where to send that information?
                    Ozge

• Tutoroo's response · Nov 26, 2020

Hi Ozge,

Mode of Payment:

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

TutorooRefund

I wanted to take the class from tutoroo and paid upfront. However I was not able to take the class so I asked for refund. And they are forcing me to take classes. Whatever I sat they kept forcing me to choose the tutor and take the class. I said I do not want and want my money back. But they are not willing to refund the money. This is really irritating. They seemed not to care about the customer and just want to hold the money. I can see a lot of complains about tutoroo and everyone is having the same problem.
                  I want my money back. No more excuses and forcing me to choose tutor for learning language.

• Tutoroo's response · Nov 20, 2020

Hi Cherry0659,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
                      Please feel free to re-check our refund policy that was discussed onset of your inquiry.
                      Kindly get in touch with us directly and provide us your details so we can further assist you.

TutorooPayment not received

Hi Tutoroo, I just spoke to Ciaran McBride my October student and unfortunately he is cancelling lessons with me (he is more busy in his work in order to get promoted). Now please send me (how?) my half of those lessons he paid to you, as we did 2 times Italian lesson (one hour and half each).
                    I am waiting since 6 weeks now!!!
                    Thanks
                    Alessia Riccardi

• Tutoroo's response · Nov 16, 2020

Hi Alessia,

Thank you for sharing your review of our services.
                        Please know that our Dublin team has been notified to help you further with your payout for your Italian lessons with Ciaran.
                        Rest assured that you will be posted on the progress of this matter.

Thank you for your patience.

TutorooPayment not received

I signed up as a French and English tutor on Tutoroo in March 2020. While the service has been more or less efficient in setting me up with students, their policy states that if a student chooses not to continue with the tutor past the lessons that they (the student) paid upfront, the tutor gets 50% of the fee. Two students cancelled with me over the course of 8 months due to life events: I contacted Tutoroo via Whatsapp (they rarely, if ever, answer on the customer service messaging board) with photos of my conversations with my students and was told they were conducting an "investigation" and could I please send my Paypal handle. I never received the refunds; They still owe me for 5 hours of work. I find it quite ridiculous that a company ghosts its second most popular tutor (in my particular city, anyway) for 86CAD.

TutorooNot paying refund

I have registered for Arabic female tutor in HK in October 2019 and was allocated one. Tutoroo staff has informed me to pay 2 sessions' fee of HK$840 and I paid, however the staff actually did not confirm the availability of the tutor, and eventually the tutor turned down. The staff agreed to refund my 2 sessions payment as no other tutor could be allocated. However, until now a year later, I still cannot get my refund, and the staffs have kept avoiding confirming the status of refund.

Not paying refund

TutorooLanguage lessons

It's a scam. My experience was, after making the payment. They provided the teachers details and on two occasions the teachers explained that they will not work for free. I asked isn't this what you signed up for and explained that this was not my issue as I was only on the course to learn a language. Both teachers were insistent in not moving forward with the lessons. I never received a refund, even though Tutoroo promised it was being processed. If you value your money do not spend it with this scam company. Being based in Singapore also means you have no local rights. SCAMMERS.

TutorooI paid for lessons for an unavailable tutor

I am trying to request a refund with tutoroo customer service. I contacted a tutor and with tutoroo, you have to pay upfront just to contact a potential tutor. I did (b/c I am dumb) and spent over $100 to know that the tutor was unavailable. I've been trying to contact someone to request a refund and make sure that my credit card information is deleted. I am not getting any proper responses about how this situation is going to be taken care of.

• Tutoroo's response · Oct 01, 2020

Thank you for your feedback.
                                In order for us to further assist you regarding your review and service experience with TUTOROO, please provide us the following:

TutorooComplaints regarding no payment

Tutoroo sent me student to teach polish language. According to Tutoroo rules if student continue lessons after two weeks then Tutoroo will pay me all money what student paid to Tutoroo in the beginning.
                              Now student continue and Tutoroo became deaf on my messages regarding payments for last two weeks. this is official complaint as they should pay me money for my teaching. student is still with me. please help me

TutorooNo tutor, no apology and no refund

I have been scammed by Tutoroo who set me up with a ‘tutor' who cancelled at 8.45pm the night before classes were due to start and they have failed to refund me for the pre paid lesson. Abysmal communication through a series of chat bots. Emails are sent at 11.30pm, there is no direct contact and they keep trying to force me to use What's App to avoid and email trail. I doubt my ‘tutor' ever existed.

• Tutoroo's response · Jul 21, 2020

Hi,

In order for us to correctly assist you, please get in touch with us and provide us the ff:

www.tutoroo.co

TutorooNot refunding because it didn't deliver

This is a dishonest online business. I paid in good faith for a tutor and was connected with her. However it didn't work out because Melbourne, Australia went into lockdown with Covid-19 in Melbourne and both the tutor and me did not want to go ahead with face to face lessons. Additionally, she lived at least one hour's commute away and was not interested in reconnecting after Covid-19 - and neither was I. Tuturoo rarely replied to both our messages for a refund (as its T&C's promised) when it replied to me, it kept repeating itself about the tutor and I reconnecting later (ie after Covid-19) even though we both said no countless times. I asked many times for a refund, referencing their T&Cs, and to this day, nothing. Tuturoo is managed by dishonest people who think nothing of stealing people's hard earned money. Pls use an alternative business who does what it says.

• Tutoroo's response · Jul 21, 2020

Hi Elly,

Hope this email finds you well.

www.tutoroo.co

TutorooAdvance payment for an unobtainable language tutor which is not being refunded

I chose a Polish tutor via Tutoroo and I paid $60 NZD on 26th June 2020 for two lessons with that specific tutor to Tutoroo. The Polish Tutor I chose was not able to be contacted and I am left with no tutor. They offered online lessons which I do not want.
                                    I have since asked for a refund but only received apologies and requests to be contacted by Tutoroo via What's App despite having told them three times that I don't used this App and prefer to correspond via emails or the online chat.
                                    All I want now is to be refunded as I have pre-paid for a service which does not exist which amounts to false advertising from the Tutoroo Team.

• Tutoroo's response · Jul 12, 2020

Hi Elissa,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience.
                                        Please know that our Auckland team is working on your request and they will keep you posted on the progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

www.tutoroo.co

TutorooPaid for lessons and no response from anyone

I paid for the lessons which was just about $100. I gave my availability. They kept giving me tutors that could not fit my schedule as I work 9-5. I asked for a refund and now I am getting no replies. Can't get a hold of anyone. The tutors that were assigned to me don't even reply. I can't believe how much of a scam this is. I highly doubt anyone will reply to this. Its been 2 months now. I have no other choice other than to enforce legal action. I'm not concerned about the money, but the principle. If your a business that charges people for a service, you in fact need to provide that service.

• Tutoroo's response · Jul 12, 2020

Hi Irfan,

Thank you for your feedback.
                                          It shows that you previously agreed with tutor Isabel to have the lessons.
                                          Please feel free to get in touch with our Vancouver team to discuss this together with your tutor.

All the best,