Complaints & Reviews

TuffShed — 10 x 12 shed

Poor Quality, incomplete work, wrong door swing, missing parts should pretty well cover the product from Tuff Shed. The roof sags badly in the center because the walls were not...

purchased a 8x10 ft garden ranch painted tuff shed but charged for a an 8x12ft shed.

I live in a community with a very strict HOA. I initialy went to purchase a 8x12 ft shed but told the Tuff Shed sales rep Michael Almaraz about the restrictions and was waiting...

tuff shed

We purchased a shed from home depot in Bolingbrook Illinois and had it installed at 318 Karen drive-in Romeoville Illinois there are numerous problems with the shed the inspector will not pass the shed I have made a minimum of 8 phone calls with only one response back and was reassured that it would be taken care of that was on October 21st nothing has been done as of yet how do I handle this we purchased a very expensive shed that is unusable please contact me at [protected]

delivery issues

We purchased a small 8'x 10' Tuff Shed and were told it would be 2 weeks - 2 1/2 weeks tops for installation. We called after the 2 weeks and were told it would be an...

garage

159524 From start to finish terrible. You pay up front and it is a series of corners being cut, delays, excuses, and idiot sub-contractors from then on. Unlevel concrete, obviou...

leveling service

Had a shed built in 2017. I paid an extra $120 to level the shed. Two years later, and it is now un-level. Looked on their website and saw they provide leveling services for a nominal fee, and that's perfectly fine. Contacted the sales guy who I dealt with during the shed purchase. He never contacted me back (over a week now). I then contacted the company through their website to request their leveling service. They too haven't got back to me. Guess they don't think the request is worth their time. Be very careful doing business with TuffShed. If you need any after sales service, you will not get it.

delivery and setup

We placed an order on July 31st for a 12'x12' Tuff Shed. We received a call from the Las Vegas office and were given a delivery date of August 15. On August 14th in the late afternoon, we were contacted by the same Las Vegas office and told we needed to reschedule because the crew doing the build was behind on other scheduled builds due to excessive heat in the area. We agreed and then found out the first available date they could get to us was August 27th. So another 12 days we wait. On August 26th, again late in the afternoon, the same lady from the same office calls to reschedule because this time she had no crew. Apparently, the entire crew had quit and the soonest date they could deliver was now going to be September 3rd. I have no doubts that we would have received another call on September 2nd asking us to reconsider. [censored]s!

excessive billing

I recently bought a tuff shed through Home Depot in C olumbia, Mo. I had the district sales rep come to my house to view my building site. He assured me there was no problem with...

shed

159524 I just discovered one of the door's hinge was missing several nails.. I contacted the "Warranty Support" on July 28, 2019. Mr. Johnny advised me to email him a picture and he will...

unfinished work

them that was unacceptable and wanted someone to come that week, so they rescheduled for 7/4/19.
• 7/4/19 Shed was installed but incomplete. I was told that someone would be back to complete.
• 7/7/19 Sent email reviewing items left to be completed, and included photos.
• 7/9/19 Received "generic" email stating they were aware of the issue and the need to reschedule. And received a phone call to reschedule for 7/16/19.
• 7/10/19 Sent copy of email to Shante Jones who acknowledged.
• 7/16/19 Sent Shante an email in the morning to confirm someone would be there in the afternoon to complete the job.
• 7/16/19 a different crew showed up and did some work but still did not complete the job. I was told that they would have to come back.
• Then nothing. No one was picking up the phone number I was given. Shante won't return my phone calls or emails. I called their main number and talked to a few nice ladies in customer service who tried calling the general manager and Shante. Was promised I would be contacted, but as of 2:30 8/2/19 I still have not been contacted.

tuff shed - customer service

This is the second time I am contacting you regarding our situation with the Tuff Shed store on the south side of Tucson AZ. I purchased a larger tuff shed on April 17th 2019. It...

door not closing, cause rodent to get in

THe door to tuff shed has not been able to close since initial installation. Service men came twice and the issue has not been resolved. This summer it got so bad that I can not close it leaving a big gap. Since it is outside, the gap leaves entry to squirrel and rodents to the storage area. I have shoulder and elbow pain, thus every time, I try pushing the door in, it does not get shut. My concern is when it rains too, the rain will get into the storage flooring when the gap is that big. I have contacted the local service number, but it it taking so long for them to get back to me.

sundance series tr800

I had my Tuff Shed TR 800 Series installed May 23, 2019. I had initially purchased a TR 700 series, but changed over to the more expensive TR 800 Series due to the higher roof line and truss structure. The TR 800 Series model at our local Home Depot also had a secondary storage area built in it that this series allowed. We found out while they were building it that due to the size of the building we had that a different truss structure had to be built. Why would I pay additional money for the next series up only to get less space!! I have asked for reimbursement for the difference between the two series that I would not have paid extra for had I been informed of this minor detail in struss variances due to size ($615). My local Tuff Shed office has failed to respond to my three requests for reimbursement. Also the local Tuff Shed told the contractors building my shed to install the wrong soffits even though they knew they didn't fit and then tried to fill the 1-2" gaps with caulking! They are send a crew over for the third time to replace them like they should have done in the first place! My joists are wood rather that steel as the pamphlet reflects should be in place for my model. I was told this was done due to the size of the structure, but this is not told to you until after you purchase it. Feel like a bait and switch technique was used all the way around. My experience with Tuff Shed has been a nightmare!!

tuff warranty request

I call 8:15 AM to request that the Shed door be repair. Door is not aligned correctly with frame. Causing the door to do not close and there is a gap oughn top of the door frame shed. If it rains the shed will get really wet causing damage to floor and walls.
The number that i call i [protected]. I was told that someone should be contacting me . Now is 5:45PM and have not receive any contact.
I bought the shed on April 5, 2019. The buying was perfect but requesting Warranty service it has not been to plesant.

shed

Purchased a Tuff Shed through Home Depot in Feb. 2019. The installers were great however the roof trusses did not fit properly and they had to rebuild them. Biggest issue I'm having is getting Tuff Shed to finish the job. They did not give the installers enough roofing material to complete the roof cap. Have tried several times to get them out to refinish but they only want to send someone out to do the work that is already installing another shed in the area. The first guy called on the day the job was scheduled and said they did not give him the material to do the work. Rather than him calling the factory, I had to call. Rescheduled another date. That date came and went without anyone calling or showing up. NOT IMPRESSED with Tuff Shed's customer service!!! I do like my shed. I just want them to finish it. Customer # 175308.

premier ranch 10' wide x 12' long

159524 I received a phone call from Emily Tinaco from Tuff Sheds San Jose CA. Store the same day the Shed was installed. She wanted me to give them a great write up right away and it wa...

[Resolved] tuff shed

After paying in full May of 2018 it's the end of Oct and it still has not gone through final corrections and inspections. The office is grossly understaffed and mismanaged every...

[Resolved] delayed installation of product

On June 18, 2018 I paid $7607.70 (the full price) for a Tuff Shed through the Home Depot in Hickory, NC. Since mid-July I've been trying to get the shed installation scheduled as promised without success. Communications with the factory location have been very poor. Now they tell me installation will be another two weeks away. This is simply unacceptable. We like the product, but delivery and customer service is abysmal. This is an immediate and urgent need.

• Tuff Shed's response · Oct 22, 2018

We're sorry to hear about the delay in the installation of your new building. Please email our customer support team at [email protected] with the name your building was purchased under and a good contact number to reach you. Our team will be in touch as soon as possible to do what we can to help make this right.

• Resolution Statement

• Ju
    justice 4 the victims Oct 12, 2018

I agree and co sign what you mean about scheduling. It took 2 months of delays before they install my tuff shed. I will never recommend them.

[Resolved] quality

I started insulating my Tuff Shed today. This is when I noticed the studs are not evenly spaced. Most are 16" on center, as they should be, some are 16-1/6" on center and at least...

[Resolved] custom made shed for backyard

After the sale I needed some adjustments with the new shed. They failed to show up for two appointments and left me hanging. Tried contacting the assistant manager several times but I got no response. Lousy customer service. Breach of contract. Complai shoulod be submitted too Consumers Affairs Department-Licensing Division.

Manager lied more than once stating they had tried to contact me to set an appointment but my Voice Mail was not setup. My voice mail has been set ups for years!

There are hundreds of complaints in the internet about this company. Unfortunately I did not check before I bought!

• Tuff Shed's response · Oct 22, 2018

We're sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with our team. Please email our customer support team at [email protected] with the name your building was purchased under and a good contact number to reach you. Our National Support Team will be in touch as soon as possible to do what we can to help.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] Tuff Shed Phoenix — Missed commitments

After many calls and a written contact they still managed to screw up the order. After waiting weeks for the she to be built, it was not built to agreed specs. Their product i...

poor products and poor customer service

159524 Their buildings are substandard, they have incompetent installers, zero warranty after the sale and the management as well as the corporate headquarters have no idea how to treat...

do not bother with them

The guys building were ok... but prefab measurements were all wrong... also they were 2 guys short. thank god the neighbors didn't call the cops at 4am when they were still building cause they said they "wouldnt have jobs if they didnt finish"!! dont know about you, but I dont build in the dark its kinda hard to see the workmanship. they had to come back a week later and fix problems and also have to come back 2 weeks later to see what else is wrong... I only have 2 years building experience and I could have done better stick build than a prefab job they "completed". I say its not complete until the customer is satisfied and the stairs are finished... dont buy here at all

• El
    Elisabeth Blachard Aug 23, 2011

I just paid $24, 31 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic GF 1 Camera that we got for $34, 26 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 42 inch LED TV to my boss for $678 which only cost me $68, 18 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, CentSpace.com

the structural work was excellent, but the roof and painting was terrible

We had a tuff shed ranch cabin built in louisiana. the structural work was excellent, but the roof and painting was terrible! they even left the job a week before they were suppose to, to take a break! we had to keep calling them to come back and finish the job. we only hope we don't have any issues with the roof when it rains. would recommend the floor plans, but not the builders in the southwest louisiana area.

• Richard In San Antonio Nov 02, 2011

Their buildings are substandard, they have incompetent installers, zero warranty after the sale and the management as well as the Corporate Headquarters have no idea how to treat the customer.

They are more concerned with the sale of the storage building and once you have signed the paperwork you can just about forget any warranty issues that you will have because they will completely forget that you exist.

They are using a product from the 70’s and 80’s that already has been proven that it will not work in the southern states or where there’s a lot of rain or moisture, many homes used this same product and they were sued plus they had to reimburse the consumer for this.

Their roof shingles fall off all the time and when you call them they always say the same thing “we don’t have issues with shingle” but if you look really close you can see why, they did not adjust the air on their nail gun and the nails are driven too far.

Its to bad that I cant upload any pictures because I have some really good ones of just how bad this product expands and falls apart due to the rain and moisture.

I truly believe that the best way for anyone to go is with a steel building and from the ones that I have looked at, they are much better in overall quality and the price is much cheaper.

Buy elsewhere and be a happier customer.

• Ri
    Ripped and Abused Jul 08, 2014

If you had good structural components- consider yourself extremely lucky. I am sure by now you have a roof leak and mold problem like the rest of us.
    Mine was bad from day one and no amount of begging- pleading- then screaming and yelling right up to the top has made one iota difference. They have my money- and that's the end of the story.

terrible customer service

Tuff shed arrived without vents. I had paid deposit only - would not pay balance until vent were installed. this took 4 weeks and 10 calls. lots of infighting as to who's fault it was that the vents were not installed and who's account was going to be charged. finally called district office. truck arrived more than an hour past arranged time. district manager, bob, was rude and yelled at me. this is tufff shed in anaheim, ca.
Don't buy tuff shed. customer service is terrible.

• Ft
    [email protected] Sep 12, 2013

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE..WHAT A HUGE MISTAKE. THEY HAD TO COME BACK THE NEXT DAY BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T PUT IT TOGETHER RIGHT AND LEFT TRASH ALL OVER MY BACK YARD. 4 MONTHS LATER THE DOOR WON'T CLOSE. THE GENERAL MANAGER SAID HE WOULD FIX IT AND RELEVEL IT. THEY PUT IT ON BLOCKS AND WOOD SHIMS. IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP. WHEN THEY CAME TO GIVE ME ESTIMATE THEY SAW I JUST HAD DIRT AND DIDN'T MENTION A THING. SO NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO CHARGE ME $400. TO MOVE THE PIECE OF CRAP SO I CAN PUT DOWN CONCRETE AND THEN MOVE IT BACK. WHAT A RIP OFF. I WOULD NEVER EVER HAVE USED THEM IF I GOT TO SEE ANY REVIEWS...I COULDN'T FIND ANY. MAYBE THEY HAVE THEM HIDDEN..CRUDE PRACTICES BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. NEVER AGAIN