TRI-CAPRUDE WORKER

Tri-Cap is an agency that helps people with their gas/oil/electric bill. They are located in Malden, Massachusetts. They have about 7-10 case workers who work there. Their job is to put all of your info in a folder. The last time I was there was last month to drop of all of the necessary paper work. I went back today, had to wait 2 hours to see a worker. then some short woman with blonde hair calls my name. So she is trying to find my information that I brought to a previous worker, last month. She says she still cant find it, I pointed out to her the previous worker who had took copies of all of my info last time. The previous worker is big, caucasian, tall with big glasses. While the previous worker is in her office, she starts yelling out loud.. "I DON'T REMEMBER YOU" with her hands up in the air and making ugly facial expressions..Her manager and assistant manager heard her and said they would speak to her about her behavior. We are at this place to get help with assistance, do u think yelling at us is going to make it any better...I also heard complaints about the previous worker before..There is no excuse to treat someone this way. So people BEWARE..I would recommend someone else at this place.

More TRI-CAP Complaints & Reviews

• He
    Helpservice Dec 07, 2009

I really think the people at TriCap in Malden very rude. If they hate their job so much they should not even be there. I try to check on my status and they have no answer for me and hung up. They get paid to do this. If they don't have that kind attitude to help assist other people, they should get a job they like to make their life less miserable and our life miserable.

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Dec 07, 2009

Well they arleady took care of it, or told you they were taking care of it so why write a letter. But yes, some people like helpservice says should not be in these types of jobs, they think they are better than their clients, because it is their clients not them that need the help. Unfortunately the same things happen to agencies where disabled people go to get help with employment, daily living, ect. You get the random worker that thinks they are "normal" and better than the clients/customers they deal with.

• Gi
    Gina Jones Jan 21, 2010

I was also treated VERY poorly by all the workers I dealt with at Tri-Cap save the receptionist! Horrid people!!!

Jolyn Jan 22, 2010

but the really bad thing is THEY ARE THE ONLY SERVICES In and around Malden. There are people in the system that could run it better for the people of the system .

john07 Feb 01, 2010

It is true those tricap workers are extremely bad-mannered. There is no professionalism throughout the office. Look like each of them is the boss or specially the assistant manager. This lady is horrible; her attitude shows that she is the president of USA. I come across other two of the workers; their attitude is that I am an animal not a human. It is really shame to see in the USA, because it is not a third world country.

• Re
    reggie2000 Feb 16, 2010

The women at TriCap are so mean and incompassionate. I don't understand why they are even there. I would love to have the opportunity to help others in need of assistance and get paid for it too. They should consider hiring people who care about others. They should be ashaimed at the way they treat the needy, and be thankful they have a job.

• Ca
    Cathy Lynn May 03, 2010

I just came from the Tri-Cap office in Malden. I strongly agree the workers are rude. I am a disabled person who was treated badly by Sarah. She would not listen or even give me a chance to speak before I could explain what it was that I needed help with. These people need to be trained on how to deal with the public or they shouldn't even be there. Getting paid to be rude to people? I don't think so...

• Tr
    TrulyJulie May 03, 2012

Thanks for posting these comments about the TRI-CAP office in Malden. They are all true: Incompetent receptionists who should not answer phones, rudeness the norm, lost paperwork, and treatment as if I'm a scammer. Don't mail anything. They got angry at me after they lost papers I mailed in. The bad-tempered tall Caucasian woman with glasses is still there, still hostile, and still acting like you are imposing on her. They won't get rid of her. I'm afraid to complain for fear of retaliation. TRI-CAP works only because of the computers used to process applications. Applying for fuel assistance at TRI-CAP is a humiliating experience. Is this deliberate to discourage people from applying? In this bad economy, the need for help is greater than the funds. Every social agency is under-funded and under-staffed. That is no excuse. Agency heads set the tone.

• Ci
    cici1 Jul 11, 2012

I agree...I also had a bad experience with them two years ago. Tri-cap employees do not answer their phones nor return calls; and when callers ask to speak to a supervisor, the receptionist forward the calls to the wrong persons. The head of the agency do not do do his job he only enjoy going to meetings and tell board members what they want to hear. This is a fact for most agencies head that run businesses like their own ignoring that they are funded by taxpayers monies and should conduct business in a professional manner. Our politicians are also responsible for this unfortunate mistreatment of our citizens in need. They are too lazy to scrutinize the services these agencies pretend they provide to those in needs

• Ha
    Hard working father Nov 28, 2012

jenny and cookie over the phone left my pregnant wife in tears. then told me i made too much money take home annually is less than 50K for me, the wife and 2 kids with another on the way. they initially couldn't find my papers claiming they would need 45 days to go over 25, 000 applications. I do not think they have that may applicants but whatever. Jenny called back after 10 minutes and miraculously went through all 25, 000 files and found it to tell me we are not eligible. I can bring in my 2012 tax returns to fight it if i still need oil in march. so we are buying oil for next 4 months after getting the runaround twice and left in tears. i am having somebody write up a formal complaint, I'm thoroughly disgusted with all of them.

• Ol
    oldandcold Oct 23, 2013

Been calling everyday to ask where my application is. They keep telling me they were not sent yet. Today receptionist tells me they are in training meeting but that all gas and oil applications went out already. So what now? I think its time the Govenors office gets a call. Or maybe local news as well. I appreciate the people who
    Do thier jobs but apparently some don't. This is heartbreaking to me. Being 82 is not easy.

• Ze
    zerodayone Jan 08, 2014

I can't say that I agree enough with all of you whom have had a dreadful experience with TriCap of Malden-------and I know-------because I am one of them!

Some helpful hints for those having to deal with such incompetence:

1. Write up a formal but brief letter explaining that your application is enclosed and complete. Indicate all enclosed information in
    this letter. (You may also wish to include a clause in this letter that essentially puts them on notice that you are not going to
    stand for any impropriety from them.)
    2. You can use the following as an example for your clause (See the quote below):
    "I reserve my right to seek legal counsel for further review of my case, since I fully intend to receive the services I am entitled to
    under the current statutes of the DHCD, without error or disenfranchisement..."
    3. After drafting this letter and completing the application, go directly to your bank or local notary and have this letter notarized!
    (Remember not to sign the letter until you are in the presence of the notary or they can refuse to notarize it. If that happens,
    will have to type the whole thing over. This can simply be avoided by waiting until the notary tells you to sign it in front of them.)
    4. After notarizing the letter-------MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING, INCLUDING THE NOTARIZED LETTER!!
    (You DO NOT have to notarize the actual fuel assistance application itself. Just make sure you copy it.)
    5. Finally take everything to the post office and send it-------REGISTERED / RETURN RECEIPT & CERTIFIED MAIL!-------(These
    are 2 separate cards that the post office offers. To do this literally only costs about $5. Just tell the Post office clerk that you want
    to use both methods.)
    6. After you've sent your application in, you will obviously have to wait a little while but remember to hold on to the return receipt
    that you will get back from the Post Office that proves that Fuel Assistance got your application. The benefit here is that TriCap
    will actually have to sign to receive your application. [ This is your Golden Ticket to appealing your case with them, should that
    need ever arise. Additionally, if you ever have to take legal action (which you can), these documents, including your receipts, will
    come in quite handy! ]
    7. At first glance, this may seem like an arduous process to some, but considering how complicated the application itself is, once
    you fill that out, taking the other steps mentioned above will be a breeze and you will be better off in the long run for doing so.
    At the very least, this will help facilitate the application process with TriCap because, to some extent, it legally forces them to do
    their job and it will also show that you are not a push-over because you know what your rights are and how to enforce them.

Hope this information is helpful to all whom are applying and remember, although, there is a measure of incompetence within many of these agencies, there are ways to effectively fight back and claim your stake where it rightfully belongs. If you need immediate legal assistance, contact G.B.L.S. (Greater Boston Legal Services) and explain your situation to them. If they can't help you directly, 99% of the time they will refer you to someone who can.

G.B.L.S. offers free legal services. There number is: [ [protected] ]