Travelopodworker exploitation

S Nov 28, 2018

I applied to a paid internship with Travelopod. They sent me a writing exercise that was related to the content on their site, and I spent about 4 hours perfecting my exercise. After sending it, I received a follow-up with a request to do another exercise and meet with the CEO on a Google Hangouts call. I said I was excited about the assignment, via email, and asked if it was possible to know how many exercises there were going to be. I asked nicely, and obviously had a right to know more details about the application process. This is especially true because some of these companies advertising freelance/remote positions just exploit job searchers by tricking them into writing for free. I haven't heard back from them since. They also asked me to pick time slots for the hangouts call, which I did. I made myself available for a stretch of a few hours on two separate days. No response, no hangouts call. THIS IS A SCAM. I don't know if they're scamming customers as well as job searchers, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'd stay away from this company all together. What a waste of time!

RESOLVED

• Travelopod's response · Nov 28, 2018

The advertisement for the content writing position was not a scam at all. In fact some interns have already been hired for the position and some are still open. It is unfortunate that you perceived it differently. Also please keep in mind that the exercise was just a way to evaluate the quality of writing and by any means not contractual to be guaranteed for the employment. Please send an email to the same company email address that you were corresponding at with the same message and we will ensure that HR picks that and responds accordingly.

Thanks,
    Team Travelopod

• Ze
    Zeroes Apr 02, 2019

They do con job for sure to sell tickets.