The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Travelopod — worker exploitation
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I applied to a paid internship with Travelopod. They sent me a writing exercise that was related to the content on their site, and I spent about 4 hours perfecting my exercise. After sending it, I received a follow-up with a request to do another exercise and meet with the CEO on a Google Hangouts call. I said I was excited about the assignment, via email, and asked if it was possible to know how many exercises there were going to be. I asked nicely, and obviously had a right to know more details about the application process. This is especially true because some of these companies advertising freelance/remote positions just exploit job searchers by tricking them into writing for free. I haven't heard back from them since. They also asked me to pick time slots for the hangouts call, which I did. I made myself available for a stretch of a few hours on two separate days. No response, no hangouts call. THIS IS A SCAM. I don't know if they're scamming customers as well as job searchers, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'd stay away from this company all together. What a waste of time!
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Travelopod Complaints & Reviews
- Travelopod - Flight booking
- Travelopod - scam booking agent
- Travelopod - Refusal to cancel the tickets and refund money
- www.travelopod.com - They overcharged us for the second bag
- Travelopod - confirmation sent but flight not booked
- Travelopod - Airline ticket
- Travelopod - over charge a one way ticket
- Travelopod - overseas travel
- Travelopod - tickets
- Travelopod - flight tickets