Travelocitybooking hotel

K

I had a horrible and disconcerting experience with Travelocity. I don't plan to return either. I called to book two rooms at a resort for our son's birthday. When I found the room we wanted and got ready to pay Travelocity charged me an additional $230 for Extra Guest fees saying that any more than 2 guests in a room would be required an additional fee. There had been no mention of this before and the room only had the number of guests in the room allowed by the size and number of beds. These were little kids too. I inquired and they said it was hotel policy. I went to the hotel directly and found that that was NOT their policy at all. Also, Travelocity indicated on my receipt that I would have to pay $14/person for breakfast when I checked in — AGAIN I didn't ask for that nor was there any mention of that until I PAID for the rooms. I asked the hotel about that and they said NO that's NOT a hotel policy either.

I called Travelocity and said I wanted to cancel as I was saying $300 by booking directly with the hotel/resort. It took me over 30 minutes to cancel. The agent sang on the phone and put me on hold twice for over 10 minutes each time. She said she would need to charge me a cancellation fee of $65 for each room. I said NO that as their cancellation policy on line stated AND HOTEL POLICY if the cancellation was mad ON the day (April 5) which is 3 days before arrival you are charged a cancellation fee BUT if cancelled BEFORE then no cancellation. THis took another 15 minutes for agent to call back to hotel and confirm. This was ridiculous.

Now I have asked for a receipt indicating that I will be reimbursed the full $940.99 for the two rooms. Last night I received two copies of the refund for the one room. Today I called again and asked if I could have a receipt for the two rooms indicating a credit of $940.99. I received a refund notice for the second room $500.55.

Why is this so complicated? If you go to the website and pull up your itinerary and cancel they automatically charge you $65 cancellation fees for the rooms.

HELP