Trading Planet LtdUnordered productsbeing charged

I took up the offer of a free sample of Life Cleanse health supplements. The web site said it was a free trial and you only need to pay for shipping. They sent them and charged $5.93USD but then 17 days later charged another $118.63 USD and then sent some more pills 15 days after that charging another $118.63 a total of $379.34 NZD. My complaint is that it wasn't made clear on their web site that the product is not a free trial and they will continue to send the product to you without you knowing. AND ALSO THE PILLS ARE INCREDIBLY OVER PRICED AND DON'T WORK. they are supposed to cleanse the bowel they don't help with constipation at all. I have cancelled my credit card as they are impossible to get hold of and real scammers, so would never refund my money.

• Aa
    AARTEE JANGLEEA Aug 18, 2009

I strongly agree with Sharon because I have been a victim as well. Trading Planeet Ltd is fooling people with this weird advertisement.

The web site said it was a free trial and you only need to pay for shipping. They sent them and charged $7.66 USD but then 17 days later charged another $145.92USD and then sent some more pills 15 days after that charging another $144.46 a total of $298.04 USD. My complaint is that it wasn't made clear in the advertisement that they will continue to charge me for this product. I will strongly request the DOCEP t come forward and help me get my money back because I am a student and I don't too much money to spend. Please come forward to help me. I NEED MY MONEY BACK...

• Cs
    csturzaker Aug 18, 2009

Hi I agree, they said if you cancel after 15 days you wont get charged, i ordered on the 8.8.09 and it is only 10 days later and i have only just received the product on friday, which means i have had it less then 15 days, and i got charged the full amount, . i have phoned the company ok i have a number for you, its in the uk [protected], i hope this helps, but they gave me the run around, werent friendly tried to put me on hold i asked questions, they said did i read the terms and they said bout the 15 days i said its only been 10 and takes over a week and half to get to me and i only just got it last week, they said someone would contact me within 72 hours by email? dodgy..i hope this helps

Ana Portugal Aug 18, 2009

As a middle aged professional well aware that there is no such thing as a free lunch I ordered a free sample of Acai berry pills from Trading Planet Ltd. My CCard was charged an agreed postage fee of £3.82 -- the charge was described as VIV3 on my statement --. Nowhere did I agree to order more and nowhere was there anything saying more would be sent unless cancelled. Today I received another lot of pills (unwanted as they did nothing) and my card is to be charged £82.95. I called my CCard company to cancel the charge and they say I cannot as it has been authorized. I called Trading Planet and was surprised that not only did they answer, they also agreed to cancel further orders, and apparently I am to receive an email about getting a refund together with info on where to return the unwanted pills. There is only a PO Box on the statement from them. I do not know if any of this will happen, but I am also going to write to them and my CC co. just in case. Watch out for these people and remember there really is nothing free these days. ANA Portugal

• Te
    Terren Aug 18, 2009

May I ask what phone number you have Ana Portugal please, as the ones on my statement and email are all disconnected. Thanks.

• Re
    Rebelo Aug 22, 2009

Originally paid postage and handling for sample of Acai Berry My Credit Card has now been charged twice for a product I have not ordered. I am requesting a full refund of the amounts charged plus bank transaction costs. If this is not immediately dealt with I will have to forward this to my attorney for a charge of Fraud against you. My Credit Card is NOT to be charged for further product which after receiving has been returned

• Le
    leahjet Aug 24, 2009

Yes totally agree, has anyone got anumber or email address for them that isn't disconnected.Leah, Australia

• Ti
    tina salomone Aug 27, 2009

I HAVE ORDERED ONLY a champion tries and have debited me £ 82, 95 !!! are you crazy ???? in your website you tell me: FREE CHAMPION !!! and you pay only the shipment £ 3, 95 !!!
    ARE YOU CRAZY '''''''''''''''
    YOUR WEB IS OUT READS !!!
    I WANT BACK MY MONEY IMMEDIATELY !!!
    I GO TO THE POSTAL POLICE IF ENTER 6 DAYS STARDIING TODAY YOU DON'T RETURN ME MY MONEY.
    I GO TO THE POSTAL POLICE !!!
    giveme my money immediattely, and i send you your champion test.
    i call police !!!

• Br
    Bretagne Aug 27, 2009

I just had the same experience, my credit card was charged with £ 82.95. I just called and got the answer that they will cancel further orders (!!!) but no way to get a refund. I will block their name on my credit card. Pascale, France

• Jw
    JW Howard Aug 27, 2009

THIS PRODUCT AND COMPANY ARE A SHAM. I HAVE JUST HAD
    £300 DEBITED TO MY CREDIT CARD BY THIS COMPANY - IN ONE MONTH. THERE TRIAL PRODUCTS ARE NOT FREE, AS THEY STATE
    AND I HAVE EVEN RETURNED THE PRODUCTS BUT THEY STILL HAVE NOT CREDITED MY CREDIT CARD. WHEN I TRIED TO PHONE THEM I ALSO HAD THE PHONE PUT DOWN ON ME. THEY DO NOT SEND EMAILS OR PHONE DIRECT REGARDING ANY SORT OF COMMUNICATION. THIS IS DEFINATELY A "COMPANY" WHICH SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BY THE TRADING STANDARDS COMMITTEE - WHICH I AIM TO CONTACT.

• He
    HeaK Aug 28, 2009

I sent for the free trials and it cost me $46.30 CD. by the time it was all paid for. I don't even want to try it now after hearing what everyone has to say about it. I also cancelled my credit card. Later I saw Dr. Oz talking about this on TV and that it is a scam. I called the 0808 # and before I could say anything she asked me if I wanted to cancel!. This whole thing just makes me so freakin mad and I will never buy anything from the computer again!

Lisa Cotton Aug 29, 2009

They did right by me. I ordered it and had a friend order, too, because it was a good deal and I liked what I got. Both of us had good experiences and called to cancel and were treated professionally. This is the number I called +[protected] but I also found this one which was a free number [protected]. Lots of grousers on this site...or maybe some of you guys are their competitors?? Who knows. Anyway, I can only speak from my experience which was positive.

• Ic
    icoffa Sep 02, 2009

I too ordered 1 bottle of Acai Berry Detox and 1 bottle of Life Cleanse. My credit card showed a debit of nearly AU$290. Although the products seem to be sent from the U.K. the billing is in US dollars?!

I regard the money I paid as punishment for being so gullible. I kept the bottles, but I think the price of US$118.63 per bottle is outrageous! I will contact my bank tomorrow and hope they can stop any future withdrawals from my credit card.

On the bottle the distribution address is: VIV3 Ltd, unit 5, Mill Road Industrial Estate, Linlithgow, West Lothian EH49 7QY UK

• Va
    Vanessa99 Sep 02, 2009

Call the following number: + [protected] (International number) works. It is a French call center and I was finally able to cancel my orders today...this phone number does work but maybe you need someone that helps you and speak french...anywat triy it, they mmight have staff that can help you in english...the number works! I got the number from: [email protected]

Thsi is a sister company but they are all the same. Good luck to everyone!

Livie Sep 08, 2009

OMG! I thought the Life Cleanse was a "free trial" and postage was $8.95 postage only. I got my bank statement showing the rip off price was $147! I emailed them to tell them what a rip off they were to a pensioner who simply thought one bottle was for $8.95 Au. They are the biggest daylight robbers I can think of. NEVER EVER TRUST THESE PEOPLE AGAIN!!!

I just received an email reply that they do not reply to emails and I have to ring them from Australia! I'll tell them what I've done and what I think of them! Hopefully I get somewhere.

Livie Sep 08, 2009

What rotten thieves these people are! I managed to telephone them from Sydney Australia and cancel the monthly products, hopefully, but I did not read the fine print. They say nothing can be done about refunding the $147!!<br />
    <br />
    What a scam, these people are thieves and should be shut down. They are only covering their own backsides and stealing our money, so guys, we don't have a leg to stand on just because we didn't read the FINE PRINT! Can anybody tell me where I can go from here?

• Ni
    nichola craig Sep 09, 2009

Thankyou. I've now managed to contact this company and I've cancelled.

• Cb
    cb68 Sep 09, 2009

tried free samples for p&p price of 3.95 - charged 74.53 twice 20 days later. According to t&c (as advised by recepionist if you dont cancel within 14 days) then you get charged full price of samples.

Cannot get money back very difficult to contact company - wouldn't mind so muchy if tablets worked - totally crap - GAINED 3lbs in 2 wks

• Du
    Dufus Sep 10, 2009

Important Member Information: Account Number [protected] and Order ID [protected]‏ for (Life Cleanse)

and Account Number [protected] and Order ID [protected]‏ for (Acai Berry Detox)

Ordered products from Trading Planet Ltd (Acai Berry and Life Cleanse)

The initial products were ordered from the free trial advert and my Mastercard was debited AU $3.50 on 07/08/09 and statement showed it was withdrawn by Focus Cleanse & Vitality Clean (inc Int currency fee) Goods arrived.

On 27/09/09 two transactions were made from FocusCleanse & VitalityClean for AU $148.34 each (Total AU $296.68). These were authorised because i failed to cancel the product within the 14 day free trial However the goods never arrived. (inc Int currency fee) I have tried cancelling with the contact details provided in their terms and conditions stated on their website. But fail to get an answer.

A refund for fraudulent use of my credit card would be greatly appreciated.

Yours in anticipation

Rita

PS: The order was originally through Viv3 Labs UK

I tried phoning a number of times but no answer

NOTE: Just received returned emails as undelivered

Livie Sep 13, 2009

I ordered the Life Cleanse thinking it was a "Free T"rial" and failed to see the fine print. They do say "Free Trial". The credit card company quoted that Terms and Conditions do not apply when buying FREE SAMPLES from Internet etc. I thought I was only paying for the postage/handling when I received my statement that they took out $147! So I am pursuing this to get that back!

If I were you I'd cancel my card. You can get a form from your bank about visa/bank/or master card to try and get your money back. The Trading Planet Company's phone No. is (from Australia) 0011 or 0018 then dial [protected] and you must ring sometime after 7pm to cancel orders. They will then give you a cancellation number. I live in Sydney and I managed to cancel my future products as well as my card. You can also trywriting to the Trading Plant Legal Department, Fraudulent company etc. My emails were also returned. My complaint is called "Not Free Trial".

Their address is:
    United Kingdon

Hope this helps you.

• Lo
    loppy Sep 14, 2009

thanks for this I would have been caught if not for this post...Here is s thought why not get all our mates to order the free trial and then cancel..just a thought

• Oo
    Oonagh Sep 21, 2009

The free trial offer of Life Cleanse appealed to me as if it didn't work I wouldn't order any more. Now I see my credit card has been charged £74.29 re 'Focuscleanse' which I can only assume is the same as Life Cleanse. I have not received any futher products and when I went back to look on the company's website, terms and conditions it is quite obvious this is a scam. The customer/buyer is not told to read the terms and conditions and tick either accept or decline. Surely there is a regulatory body that can put a stop to this scam.

Oonagh, Newry

• Zo
    zombie Sep 25, 2009

I found out a way to cancel the order by email:
    1- EMAIL: [email protected]
    2- Ask for cancellation and give your complete information(name, surname, address, bla bla bla...)
    3- Answer ALL information they ask...
    4- Some days later they will say that there was NO SOLUTION TO YOUR THREAD.
    5- KEEP asking for cancellation...tell them you could not contact the viv3.com telephone.
    6- They will contact 4 u. BE HAPPY!

Livie Sep 28, 2009

You''re welcome and fortunate. I rang the company again 2nite and asked them about my letter sent to them regarding my refund, they still say they can't do anything about it, SCUMS! All because some of us failed to read the sneaky way of hiding their Terms and Conditions AFTER you've logged in your credit card details. We didn't read the "fine print" that it was a 15 day trial, not a FREE TRIAL as stated.

Don't even have anything to do with them. Stay away from TRADING PLANET LTD. Their products don't work as I've read the review on Life Cleanse.

• Na
    nadia ocampo Sep 29, 2009

solicite por internet una prueba "gratis" me hicieron el cargo de 5.80 dls el producto nunca llego y ahora pretenden hacerme un cargo mensual de 69 libras por un producto que no envian.

la pagina de internet solo ofrece la posibilidad de cancelar llamando a Reino Unido, no tienen correo electronico ni dirección de la empresa.

• Pa
    Patricia Hal Oct 01, 2009

The same has happened to myself.
    This fraud has to be stopped and all monies should be returned back to peoples credit cards.
    This is stealing and should be put in jail for.

sallie White Oct 01, 2009

I recently submitted to a free trial with this company of Life Cleanse and AcaiBerry Detox, having received the trial which should only have cost the shipping fee of £3.95 i went on internet to find out how effective the product was before using it. Straight away this big warning came up about it being some kind of scam and after 15days they start charging your credit card and ending up costing £400. I rang the company and spoke to a foreign gentleman who wasn't very helpfull but said he had cancelled my account.
    I contacted my credit card company and they said they need it in writing via e-mail that this company have cancelled my account.
    They said to me that even though i am not satisfied with the product i cannot return it, surely this is not correct!!
    I look forward to hearing from you, hopefully with some advise.

• It
    italybound Oct 02, 2009

Due some pretty slick advertising and use of celebrity name I decided to try the Life Cleanse product. Firstly it did not work. But more importantly they started to charge my credit card under various other company names and listing various other product descriptions. One was listed from a company called CTT for computer hardware and came out of Singapore. The second was Beauty Sculpt. When I went to the internet to get information on Beauty Script I was warned that the WEB site contained content that could damage my computer. My bank Scotia Bank came to rescue right away and hopefully I will be able to recover the charges.

chriscomer Oct 04, 2009

I have also fallen fro this scam. When I saw the posts on this site, I immediately contacted my credit card company. Over £4.00 per item has been charged yet it says £3.95 per item on my invoice. My credit card company is starting proceedings to get the over charge back even though it is only pence and they also advised me to cancel my card and order a new one. If the company try to charge more to my account, they won't be able to get the money as the old card will be closed. Fortunately, I discovered all this within a week of my order arriving and before they could scam me for more from my account.

chriscomer Oct 05, 2009

Be careful when cancelling your so called subscription. The cancellation numbers I was given did not refer to products I'd actually been sent. The charge on my credit card was over the amount on the invoice but the customer service woman said the terms and conditions stated they could change the price anytime! These charges also referred to products with different names to the ones I'd received. This made me think that the cancellation numbers were useless. I then told her that I'd cancelled my credit card so if they sent me any more and tried to charge me they'd get nothing. At this point, she put the phone down on me. She also told me that the distribution place in the UK was in Scotland but tghe invoice has a Bristol address on it that sh'e never heard of and refused to recognise. Once again, this suggests that cancellation is also a scam and that they have ways round this.

chriscomer Oct 05, 2009

• Pi
    pipjc42 Oct 08, 2009

Took up AcaiBerry Risk-free Trial Order at shipping cost of £0.95 - order received OK.
    Today noted that they had charged my VISA Debit account £76.80 for a month's supply, which I had not ordered.
    Phone the Customer Services number - able to cancel further orders, but no offer of refund on the £76.80. What do I do when the goods arrive? I don't want them, they are not doing anything for me in my weight control regtyime of diet and exercise.

• Er
    ERINSCARRA Oct 09, 2009

HI There

I tried to cancel my free trial and could not contact them from australia. I tried over and over again. I finally cancelled my card because they kept taking hundreds of dollars from me.

PLEASE CANCEL YOUR CARD AND GET OUT ITS A SCAM.

• In
    independentfilmaker Oct 12, 2009

I am an independent filmmaker and journalist. I have set up an email address to collate information about this scam, with the view to producing a documentary.

The email address is

[email protected]

I am especially interested in receiving information from employees or contacts of tradingplanet, and its associated companies.

All information will be kept private and confidential, and anonymous.

• Bo
    Bob John Oct 13, 2009

I fell for the ploy some time ago, in August and sent a letter to the address on the envelope stating that I did not want their product but had to wear the $145.00 cost. I also sent a letter to my bank instructing them under no circumstances to release any further funds to the company in question which was at that time Focus Cleanse.

Today I received two packages from Trading Planet and on checking my card details find the amount of another $140.00 withdrawn from my account twice to two different companies, CTT Singapore and Derma Solutions. It would appear thet these people have a number of different companies which they can use to debit your card if you do happen to request your bank not to payone of them. I think that the only way to stop them removing money from your account is to cancel your card..

• Sm
    Smith, D Oct 14, 2009

I ordered, what I thought was to be a free 14 day trial for supplements. I paid the shipping and I also paid for Duty. However, when my Visa statement arrived I saw that I was charged $130.41 per product all because I did not read the terms and conditions that stated I was to have called them within 15 days to cancel. I called VISA, who were sympathetic, but not able to credit the amount charged. They did give me a 1-888 # to call, but I did not get very far. Although I did get cancellation #'s verbally, Visa wants it in writing. Another point that I made was they sent me products that I did not order. Visa maybe able to help me if I can prove they are incorrect.

• Oz
    Oz Mum Oct 21, 2009

What a joke. I feel like a complete idiot for falling for this scam. I havent even opened my trial packets and i am a bit scared to actually consume something from these scammers. I cancelled my card this morning, they wont get another cent from me. Thanks everyone for the heads up and i will never fall for any of these too good to be true scams again. I also tried ringing them but of course it's not within business hours there.

• Br
    brubooangry Oct 24, 2009

I gave my details based on the promise of a free sample but was further billed £79 plus £3.95 shipping and handling totalline £82.95
    The order date on the invoice I was sent was weeks after I actually filled in the application for the free sample. This is at best misleading and these people should be arrested! This is a complete disgrace and I have had to change my account details to avoid further money being 'stolen' from me by this unscrupulous company. I hopt they are brought to justice before they rip off even more thousands of people than they already have.