Town Fair Tirelug bolts damage

Anyone who has had tires mounted at Town Fair Tire should remove their wheel covers and check to make sure all lug nuts have been put back on and that their is no damage to lug bolts.

• As
    Ashiana Hyundai Jul 17, 2019

Our premium customer named Harish Mehta vehicle Next Gen Verna Tyre burst suddenly in driving. we mailed Rajeev Kumar Sharma on date- 09-07-2019 but he didn't response till date. We are very disappoint with Hankook warranty process.

Regards,
    Sneha Kumari
    Ashiana Hyundai
    [protected]

• Bh
    Bhuria Mar 23, 2019

Sir
    I have purchased santro new model car but his Tyre blast after10 day .I can know that this Tyre replace or not
    Mob no [protected]
    Address. Rewar (haryana)
    You re requested resolve my problem .because dealer say it's not change .

• Vi
    Vikash dixit Nov 11, 2018

I am complaining against trye one tyre puff up. Request you to kindly suggest to me.

Name vikash sharma
    Mb [protected]

• Ae
    Aetter Aug 28, 2018

Hankook stated they never received my information via mail for $100 Rebate. I sent in all information required. They will not accept it even when all information and receipts were provided. $600 tire scam! Do not buy from these scammers.

• Cr
    cranheim Jun 21, 2012

I agree they (Including the manager) do not care what they do to your car.

Sirphilo Apr 23, 2012

When checking loose lugnuts, look at your center caps, and make sure they aren't broken... It isn't rocket science to change tires, and I believe they do this crap on purpose...

• gingerkisses1964 Apr 23, 2012

I got a great deal on the tires but had to bring the car back three times for the balancing and it still isn't right. The steering wheel shakes when I hit 55 mph on the highway. I don't understand ... tires is what they do for a living, isn't it. I have never had a problem with TFT before - they have always treated me like gold. I wonder...if I was a 6 foot 4, 350 lb man, would the job have been right the first time?

Sirphilo Jan 06, 2012

I took off my plastic center caps to check the torque and found they broke the plastic by prying off instead of unscrewing 1 simple screw...
    I waited 3 hrs to change over 4 tires.
    I do not trust anything they do, or say, and am worried about them messing up the car on purpose due to my complaints.

Was charged tax on free tire replacement.

thundercat43 Jan 05, 2012

STUDS HACKED OFF AFTER STRIPPING. I brought my 2009 hyundai sonata to TFT in Westfield Ma. for 4 new tires. Exactly 4 weeks later I picked up a nail and tire needed a patch so my husband took tire off so i could bring it down for free flat tire repair, however what we actually found when the tire was removed was 2 of my 5 studs had been hacked off after stripping them while trying to put the new tires on. Instead of admitting their mistakes they tried to cover it up and both store manager and service manager claim someone monkeyed with my car after I left their store. Definitely not true I am the only one who drives this car and no work has been done elsewhere. Fortunately my husband was able to replace studs and lugs, however it took a special order from Hyundai to receive parts as the rear studs are not stocked at local auto parts stores. NEVER AGAIN WILL I VISIT TOWN FAIR TIRE CENTERS. Tried to speak to managers when I showed them the hack job (which at any point my rear tire could have fallen off ) however they were not interested so I now know this is common practice for these hacks and I make sure to tell everyone I come across what screw ups they are.

Sirphilo Dec 03, 2011

• Town Fair Tire lost 1 of my 4 matched summer tires during a recent snow tire change over.
    • They are no longer manufactured.
    • Rafael stated that they would be able to get a comparable tire, but not the same.
    • I don't want mismatched tires on the car.
    • I am requesting 4 new tires, or a refund of the purchase price for the tires $483.36 ($114.00 per tire with 6% sales tax).

[protected] (Everett, MA)
    Received e-mail stating they would reimburse $75% of other 3 tires, and paid in full for the tire that was lost/stolen from Town Fair Tire. Went to TFT (Town Fair Tire) who stated that the amount was for "Their Cost", and not what I paid. Received a call back from Rich Allen Customer Service Coordinator, stating they would only pay for 1 tire, and would not honor written document of his personal e-mail nor my original receipt showing my cost of tires.

10-28-2011 (Everett, MA)
    Paid $42.50 for balancing and new valve stems for "free" snow tire change over from summer tires.
    --They replaced only 1 valve stem, not all 4. Service writer verified.
    --Requested to fix a flat, they didn't.
    (The actual rim was damaged, but not notified until I went to a different company.)

11-28-2011 (Everett, MA)
    Took car back to Town Fair Tire a month later due to flat not being fixed.
    Paid another $42.50 a month later for balancing and new valve stems for "free" snow tire change over back to the summer rims due to a leaking rim, not fixed nor notified of the first time.
    --Waited 3 hrs getting snow tires changed over to nice summer rims.
    --They did not put spare back in place.
    -- Lost my personal allen wrench to take off cover
    (They did give me a replacement one after I mentioned it).
    --They lost 1 of my matched tires. Service writer notified. Not resolved at this time.

Previous trips…. (Danvers, MA)
    Snow tire change over, tires only had 15 PSI which was very dangerous, since it is supposed to be 32 PSI.

Another time…(Danvers, MA)
    Key to remove rim cover was not returned. Had to buy a new wrench from Koenig about 18 bucks with shipping.

Another time….(Danvers, MA)
    2nd time Key to remove rim cover was not returned.
    Bought allen bolts so I wouldn’t have to buy another specialty wrench from Koenig.
    The allen wrench for the new screws is now missing after this last visit.
    (They did give me a replacement wrench after mentioning it was gone).

Another time….(Everett, MA)
    Tried to buy new tires by matching prices.
    I arrived to buy the tires, and asked to see the tires before they put them on.
    They were different model (a hundred bucks cheaper than the ones agreed upon (This is slightly illegal).
    (Someone not knowledgeable about tires would not have noticed this.)

Another time….(Everett, MA)
    Really loud scraping sound after tires were changed over. Took back and was told nothing was wrong, and they couldn’t hear it. (Come on, that was really bad).
    Took to mechanic who noticed rear backing plate was bent after they replaced the tires.
    Free snow tire change over $42.50 each, which doesn't include balancing.
    (Who would put on tires without balancing them).

TFTemployee Feb 24, 2010

well y dont you get a life instead of complaining on the internet to abunch of ### and y dont you try doing the job its tough and it sux

• Ct
    ctguy1962 Feb 06, 2010

town fair in danbury was not a good experience. i stood there watiting to get helped for a while cuz the guys where talking to each other and drinking their sodas. . Then after I did I had to listen to the employees joke around...swear...complain about the job...insult each other ...generally act like 8th graders. zero professionalism . i wouldnt take any of these guys words for anything and I won't go back. hell sears is better then that.

TFTemployee Jan 20, 2010

hey guess what you can suck a dick, ###ing loser

• Tr
    Tracy1782 Jan 20, 2010

Town Fair Tire in South Attleboro is the biggest joke I have ever seen, I would let my 6 year old change a tire before them.
    They have NO CLUE what the are doing, Managment is also cluless, worst service I have ever seen

TFTemployee Dec 01, 2009

###!!!

TFTemployee Dec 01, 2009

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Keep ### it wont do you any good...

• Nk
    nkov Dec 01, 2009

I went to have a flat repaired. They told me it would be 30 minutes. After waiting an hour I walked outside and saw that they had finished my car. Then a lunch truck pulled up right behind my bay and everyone went to get lunch while I waited. I had to walk into the garage to tell them to get my car out. Waited in total an hour and a half to get a flat fixed for free. Totally unprofessional.

• Up
    upset and unsatisfied Sep 02, 2009

they stripped my wheel lug bolt and told me to get a lug nut... went to the auto store and got a wheel lug and rushed back for them to replace it only to find out it was the wheel lug bolt and they don't even replace them and to go to a garage.  I got two quotes of $175 and 200.  Both places said it was caused by mishandling of the car and forcint the wheel lug nuts on at an angle and should of been threaded before an air gun was used on them and the store will not take any responsibility.  I am escalating this higher to corporate and even the attorney general's office if mabe.  They should be careful.  Then the guy also had the nerve to tell me the bolt was rusted on and that happens when you do not maintain the tires properly.  they are the only ones who touch them (tires that is) and I rotate every 5-6k and put 1k a month on the car.  I also park in a garage at home.  there is no rust what so ever.  LIES LIES LIES

• Re
    Ready Jun 29, 2009

Tried using Town Fair Tire three times, got screwed the 1st time, went to Mavis the other two time after checking with them, they do not give the lowest price, I would pay more before going to them. Mavis always beat their lowest price with out even giving them a quote.
    Too much B/S to deal with at Town Fair Tire.

mark k May 05, 2009

To anyone that goes back to TFT if they've been screwed... You should remember the old proverb... Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me...

mark k May 05, 2009

To the dopy TFT EMPLOYEE... It was probably you that took the torque wrench off the air gun and drilled my lug nuts to the rotor. Nice language dork and by the way, it's a good thing that I'm employed because I had to pay for a new set of rotors that jerks like you screw up. You wanna have a little chat... We should meet for burgers sometime!

• Wr
    wr007 Apr 30, 2009

I not going to repeat myself, but here's a rant I have with TFT.. www.gotarant.com/rants/rant.aspx?id=96

• Dr
    Draconian1 Apr 27, 2009

What store do you work for? I seriously doubt any actual TFT employee would respond like that, for fear of loosing their job. If i find out which store your at, ill have my old manager contact District. Though i havent worked at TFT since december, i dont like to see a few bad eggs ruin the reputation of some fine techs.

TFTemployee Apr 26, 2009

I am a TFT employee and we do good work. All of you people are probably just ###ing picky losers who have nothing to do with their unemployed fat-### selves but just complain on the ###ing internet. You people are bums go get a ###ing job and do something with your useless live. Try and actually contribute something to society other than uselessness.

• Je
    Jeff Oct 28, 2008

I bought new tires and wheels, and have to say I'm not too pleased. I had to come back 20 minutes after my car was "finished" because my car started pulling severely to the right, and the wheel shook violently. An hour later after I brought it back, I left again, and now the vehicle pulls to the left. Road noise in my car is awful at this point, and my gas mileage is down quite a bit since last weekend when I had this done. I had to make an appointment with my dealer to have the alignment corrected... the funny thing was it was driving fine before I brought it here. I gave them to chances to make it right, but I just don't have the time to keep bringing my car back there, especially if I do not trust the work they're doing. I'll admit they have some good deals, but if you ask me, it's not worth the aggravation.

• To
    tom Aug 26, 2008

they stole a digital camera from my car...thiefs

Thatsentraguy Jun 12, 2008

It really depends on the store. Im lead tech for TFT Vernon CT, store # 531. We are one of the best stores for customer satisfaction. Although I do admit, I visit stores all over the state and some of them are very questionable.

Its crazy reading your fredback, nobody would ever intentionally "burn out" or otherwise "race around" in your car at my shop or they'd be fired. the tires do chirp on/off the lifts somtimes on rear wheel drive vehicles... pickup trucks especially... this is normal.

and to the guy who said "overtightening the studs warped my rotors"... you should do some more research before shooting off statements like that... wheel studs are part of the hub assembly, your rotors "float" on top of this assembly and would be un-effected by over-torqing.

• We
    wendy cakavell May 05, 2008

fyi, you people who think TFT is so great. You wouldn't think they're so great if you peak thru the window and see how they're treating your car. I watched as they pealed my car out of the bay, in revearse. I watched as they spun my tires, holding the brake down, to remove those long stickers off the treads of each tire. Take a peak, watch as they're services your car. You might come out with more than new tires. Like bad breaks, dents, your air caps missing... They gave me my car to take home before it got the front end alignment that I had already paid for. How about that. They might act all polite in your face, but when they get behind closed doors in those bays, you better watch out.

John Apr 07, 2008

I think TFT if great... they gave me great service, a free front wheel alignment, and also let me know that on my car the rear needed to be adjusted to and didnt pressure me into buying it either. also i drive a 4 wheek drive car and the saleman stressed that on a four wheel drive vehicale you can not mix match treads because it is not good for the vehical. it was 3 oclock on a saturday and they didnt have the tires in stock so one of the saleman jumped in the truck and drove 4 towns over to pick up the tire and they had me out of there by 4:15...

• Pa
    Paul Apr 04, 2008

I have been a loyal customer of TFT in Leominster for several years now. I expect an hour or two wait when they are busy, and they usually are. I've brought my last four vechicles there for alignment, balance, winter tire swap and of course new tires. I've received great prices and great service. Only once was there a screwup and my tires that were supposed to be held until the next day were sold by accident. Because they were out of stock and none were available nearby, they sold a premium set to me at the same price. You can't ask for more than that. I will be going back within the week. Every store is unique from the others. Try another location if you are not satisfied.
    I don't stop going to all the well known burger joints just because the one nearby is run poorly.

mark Mar 30, 2008

I'm in the process of looking for tires also but ran into trouble with TownFairTire years ago and swore them off for good. I purchased 4 tires for my Honda Accord and thought that I was getting a good deal until my car started to shake and shimmy. I found out that they overtightened my lugs when I went to check my brakes one weekend. I went to remove my tires to check my brakes and found that the lugs were so tight that the bots/nuts were knerled. This overtightening caused the rotors to warp, which the denighed was caused by them. However, I had just replaced the rotors just 6 months earlier and knew that they caused the damage from overtightening. When I took the car back they not only denighed it, but lied to be about the fact that my rim was bent and that I needed to purhcase another. I took the car to Honda, where they have a $100, 000 maching to check the rim's and tires. Imagine my surprise (NOT) when Honda told me that the tires were defective (flat-spots), that the overtightening caused my rotors to warp!!! I also requested that they check my rim and wouldn't you know it... IT wasn't warped. I called the regional manager and spent at least an hour on the phone with him. I told him that I didn't trust his workers, his company, or his word that he woudl make good by me. I told him that I was tired of dealing with them (2 months) and wanted to have new tires send to Honda and I would pay for them to put them on. I had to fight for that as the regional manager didn't comply with my request. I had to contact the CEO of the company from the TFT's website, in order to get any action.

My only suggestion is for you to completely aviod their service department all together. The management sucks, and the company is only out to screw you.

Mark Kimbark

chuck Feb 23, 2008

I have been a loyal tft customer for many years and the only problem i ever had was the wait time,at the same token you dont go to a resturant that is empty!!there busy for a reason!! and its not just the price$$the store in worcester or maybe its auburn is fantastic!!!

thomas green Jan 25, 2008

i have delt with town fair tire in shrewbury ma, and i have never had a problem with the sevice nor there attitudes. i have been buying tires at town fair fo 15 years now and i am greatly satisfied.
    all stores must be diffrent because these complaints just dont seem like the town fair at all.

• Ge
    George D Jan 18, 2008

Had new tires put on my truck in the Plymouth town fair tire. Truck came out with a dent on the hood. Which they fixed only after I filed paperwork to sue them for the damage. One tire is missing my stock lug nut they used a nice old rusty one instead. Oh yeah and none of the tires had valve stem caps. I had to go buy them and put them on, not to mention the $20 of cleaner I had to use to get the sealent they smeared all over my 1000 dollar rims off, which still isnt coming off!

• Sp
    spa6373076aol.com Jan 12, 2008

I have gone to Town Fair Tire and have gotten tires and alignment done.. I did have some problems with the store bu i took it to the next level to the Dist Manager and the VP and they took care of the problem,Not all the stores are the same, May have trouble i one but does not mean all the store are that way,, I went to another one.. Bottom line is Y problem was solve.. Every bodys time is worth alot,,

Like I say can't compare allthe stores the same,, Contact the higer up that is why there are there.. They helped Me.

• Wi
    William Smith Jan 08, 2008

I called Friday Jan 4th, 2008 and ordered (4) tires they sell but didn't have in stock. I made an appointment to purchase the tires and have them balanced and front end alignment. I told the store manager Bill I would be in Monday Jan 7th, 2008 at 3:00 pm Bill said he would have my tires transfered in from another store. I arrived early and they did not have my tires in stock. He told me he would give me the next best tire for the same price. I agreed and was told it would take 1 hr and 30 mins. I came back at 4:40 pm car not touched. I asked the man behind the counter for my money back as I couldn't wait any longer had to take daughter to dance class. He told me I was next and that it would be a shame that I waited all this time and didn't get my tires done. I told him the shame was on them and that I didn't have the time or the patients to wait another hour and a half. Waited 15 more minutes for credit to my card and now they can't find my keys. Waited 10 minutes for keys. Never will I go back. My time is worth more than trying to save an extra $20.00 bucks. I will go to my local garage and pay a little more and be a lot more happpier. It was like a Jerry Seinfeld episode. They know how to take the appointment, they just don't know how to keep the appointment.

• St
    Steven Ekstract Dec 17, 2007

We bought our tires at Town Faire Tire as well. Yes ,they kept me waiting more than an hour longer than promised. Today my wife took the car in for a set appointment and they were surly, rude and kept her waiting forever. They also did not fix the problem with the tire. Seems they are consistent with their lateness, rudeness and surely behavior- this took place at their Fairfield, CT location. We vote with our wallets- no more business for them and I will tell anyone who asks to avaoid them at all costs. It is amazing that a business can exist with such poor customer service.

mac Dec 13, 2007

Attitudes are horrendous and wait is impossible!!!

• Su
    sue fafard desrosiers Dec 04, 2007

i agree service is horrible and so aren't the attitudes.

Ann Wallis Dec 01, 2007

Recently,

I purchased tires from Town Fair Tire in Salem NH. I was very happy with the price. I was also excited to know that they offer a free change over for snow tires. Needless to say, I went to swap out my tires and was extremely disappointed with what occurred. The clerks told me it would take about 1hr and 45 min to change the tires over which was fine. What was not fine, was my returning to the store 1hr and 45 min later only to find my car in the exact same place untouched. I cannot believe that they had not even started to work on my car yet!!! Once they saw be back at the shop, they attempted to swing the car in without me noticing however I did. They explained it would only take 10-15 min to swap out the tires even though my car was sitting there for almost 1hr and 45min. I don't think so. This was highly unprofessional and I was extremely disappointed. This location is very poorly run as well as lacking communication. I will never recommend Town Fair Tire nor utilize their services ever again!!!!.

Extremely disappointed