Total Wirelesstransfer of phone number to another service

This is a horrible company to do business with - when I called to let them know that I had lost my phone - they said they put that in the notes and that my phone would be deactivated. When I call a few days later after being unable to locate my phone - they said the phone would go on the black list as stolen and it would take 72 hours to remove the phone number from the black list when I wanted to active the number again. I purchased a new phone and called. They said I needed to wait the 72 hours - which I did. I called again to have my number transferred to T-Mobile. They said T-Mobile would have to call to request the transfer. SO off to T-Mobile I went, and they requested. Funny thing - Total wireless wont activate the phone number again unless I pay for another month - Now this happened on april 4th - and I have already paid for service until 04-28-17 (I even have an email from Total Wireless stating so - but unless I pay for another month - they will not activate the number - and there are no refunds - AND as you know - if the number is not active - you can't transfer it -