Tiger Wheel & TyreWheel repair

L Mar 10, 2020

I took my car in to be checked as I was experiencing slow puncture on the front passenger tyre. This was on Monday 2nd March 2020. I was assisted by a gentleman by the name of Tshepo. Upon taking off the tyre, he discovered that my wheel was cracked on numerous places and suggested that I book it in and they will send it to Johannesburg to one of their service providers, Wheel Collision Centre, based in Johannesburg. He told me that the cost would be about R950 give or take a few Rands. In that week he called me back and told me that the guys at Wheel Collision said it would cost an additional R1300. I told him that I will think about it and get back to him. I called him back on Monday 9th March 2020, around 09H48 to give him the go ahead about the fixing of my wheel. He then tells me that I need to pay Wheel Collision Centre separately for the R1300. I asked him why and he said, that is how they (Wheel Collision) want it done. I expressed that my dealing is with TWT and not Wheel Collision. He spoke to the store manager, Mr Dirk Mans, who reiterated what Tshepo said. I continued to ask Tshepo why and also stressed the fact that I was not willing to pay two separate payments, either I pay TWT or Wheel Collision. Dirk then told Tshepo that I cannot pay the full amount to TWT as the payment to Wheel Collision will not be effect and vice versa will happen when I asked to pay Wheel Collision.

Tshepo promised to call me back around 14H00 as he tried to find a solution to my problem. No call was forthcoming, I called Tshepo today, 10 March 2020 at 12H15 and 14H20. When I got hold of him, he told me that he spoke to the Area Manager Gerard, and Gerard also said the payment must be split between TWT and Wheel Collision.

Here is my question to TWT, why should I be paying YOUR service provider when I engaged you and not them? Why is it an issue to forward payment to YOUR service provider for services rendered? Is it part of company policy to redirect potential customers that come into the store for service, to your service providers and expect them to pay a portion of the service to TWT?

I also need to state that at no time did the store manager feel the need to explain to me the reasoning or logic behind why TWT is adopting this practice to business operations. I was told that, "That is how Wheel Collision wants it done" which to me is not a good enough reason especially for a company like TWT.

This practise is very unusual and questionable. I would like someone from your Head Office to get back to me regarding this matter as your companies recommendation defies logic to say the least.

My desired solution is that TWT fix my wheel, I pay TWT and TWT settle whatever outstanding payment, with its service provider.

Regards,