The Source Canada / ChateauguayDISPICIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

This is an exact copy of a complaint I left on The Source Canada website: Just want to say Thank God for the iPhone recording feature...wish I had thought of it at the beginning of the trouble!!

I have never in my years been treated so rudely by a sales person. I bought a camera on Monday and when I opened it realized that it had been used. On Wednesday I went to return/exchange the camera. I told the salesman that the camera had obviously been used and showed him the ripped bag, unwound cord and used handstrap. He told me that he did not have any more in stock, but would check with another store and could get one there by tomorrow. I told him this would be fine. Once he located one, he told me to take the used camera back and return tomorrow. I told him that I wanted to return the camera and would buy the new one. He told me it would be easier for him if I would do it his way, and I told him that, nonetheless, I wanted to return this camera now. AT THIS POINT, he said to me that I was wasting his time. Why didn't I say this sooner? I should have told him that so that he could have looked for another camera for me in 10 minutes (this is what he said) and deal with the other customers. I was quite taken aback, but held my ground. I told him that he had no right to say this to me. That I wanted to make the return and would now THINK about returning to buy another camera. ANYWAY this went on for OVER 10 minutes. At some point during this, I turned on the recording device on my iPhone and was able to capture over 7 minutes. At a point YOUR EMPLOYEE STARTED RAISING HIS VOICE and my husband jumped in and started raising his...asking him what is problem was...just do the return already...Because of where we live (Quebec) my husband felt that this was language motivated (i.e. French speaking salesperson/English customer)...and said to the salesman: What is your problem? Is it because we are English? I don't necessarily agree with my husband, but this is how HE felt. Your employee then threatened to call Security to have my husband removed because he yelled at the employee who yelled first (this is caught on my iPhone). In fact, he did call and the security showed up. At some point in here, your salesman threw the bill and my credit card on the counter and walked away yelling. Another salesman (the person who initially sold me the camera) came in to finish. He maintained his composure, as did I, but was equally as rude saying he agreed that I was wasting their time. I told him that I would not return home with a used product and wanted my credit. I also wanted my original receipt, which I was refused - they gave me a copy - I keep a copy of ALL my credit card transactions - all purchases/whether returned or not. I will NEVER buy another thing again at The Source. The ONLY just thing to do is FIRE this employee. I can honestly say that never in my 40+ yrs have I been treated like this. Never have I felt so strongly about an employee. Even with bad service, and although I believe that if you don't like your job, get a new one, have I ever felt that an employee should lose their job...until now. THIS WENT BEYOND acceptable. Why did the employee chose to tell me I was wasting his time? Could he not have said: Please bring the camera back tomorrow when I can do an exchange - it will be simpler...and then, when I reply, No. I'd like a refund, respond to me with, Sure. No problem? I will now give my business to other stores - stores that know how to hire staff and staff that knows how to treat customers. I just can't believe I have wasted this much time on this; that I actually believe so strongly in this to write all this; and I can not believe that your employee ruined an absolutely perfect day...the 3rd of my husband's vacation. If I could return the other items I've bought at your store - I would...as I whole-heartedly believe that my money is better spent elsewhere. **So the question now will be if a manager/a provincial manager/head office will actually care that a customer has been treated this way -> yelled at and had security called on them. I will save my voice recording...just in case you are!

• Th
    The Source is horrible Nov 23, 2017

I dread going to The Source because the customer service is horrible. But a 50% sale came up on an item that I would otherwise be waiting for shipped from NCIX or Newegg, and so had a miserable visit. The Source's employees all graduate from Superiority college with their noses 10 feet in the air. They command you like a pet animal from the time you set eyes on a product. These are obviously delusional people working for minimum wage with no special skills whatsoever. The comments above show that this is business as usual. However, here's some relief. The Source is going to dry up just like Sears, which was the last king of pretentious superiority. Businesses can no longer survive using bad customer service models - no return customers means no business.

• Pa
    Paul K Kho Apr 30, 2017

The Source is the source for bad customer service. Their candidate selection process is extremely biased. Their admin are scared to meet anyone. Instead they made extremely poor assumptions about you. This company is not worthy of my skills or experience.

• Sg
    sgng Jul 29, 2016

I had 2 similar experiences, one in West Vancouver & one at Oakridge mall (Cambie & 41st Vancouver)
    at WV the sales guy was too cool to be polite, when he learned I had 4 cell phone business accounts he became friendlier but too cool still. I said I was to think it over but he warned me it had to be asap or I would loose the deal if I was to transfer my accounts to Bell, he texted me once (no sales harassment here) but when I came back to exchange some headphone he was now brushing me away and wouldn't even glance at me, someone else came and look after me in a very polite way, opposite all the way
    at Oakridge mall though, I went into the store to buy an earphone set and I brought my old one to show them cause I know is not available everywhere. 'do you a set with this type of connection' I said pointing at the plug 'yes all of them' he replied 'all'? and I showed him the connector again 'yes'. So I bought it, open it and oh surprise the connector had a 90degree bent that wouldn't allow it go in all the way into my phone's input, I said to the guy 'its not the same connector, see' 'oh you just showed me the tip', 'I asked you two times' and he flip man oh he did became very defensive, I said to him just give me the one I want and that's it, 'I cant take it back', 'what?, its new' 'yes but I cant', the manager came in and told me I was looking for the wrong part, nut at this point I was so infuriated buy how two stupid booger suckers where telling me I was wrong when I've been buying this earplugs at least every 4 months for the last 3 years. at insistence of my wife I let them be right but those $30 dlls are the last they will see from me. Radio Shack, the source, Mr Mickey... they can change their name as many times they want, bad product and ### service still the same

• Th
    The Source Sales Pitch Jan 13, 2016

I'm in the process of filing a complain against "The Source" Canada, got nice words by salesman and in the paper it is different (eg. bundle this bundle that + free ipad + giftcard etc) I have recordings of our next encounter and recorded the details that was he promised in his sale pitch. Since the manager of the store is not listening to my concern I will now proceed to suing them. I phoned the corporate office already about this on "01/11/2015" leaved my information at the customer care and hasnt received any callback. Seems they are up to something . I need others with the same bad experience to come join me to have a stronger case against them. Your case must accompany with recent receipts or document s of proof [protected]. Recording Conversation LAW: http://www.legaltree.ca/node/908 . http://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcca/doc/1988/1988canlii3273/1988canlii3273.html . Its NOT ILLEGAL to record conversation as long you are the party involve who is recording the conversation please email me at [email protected]

• Xt
    XTAATX Aug 16, 2015

Everyone (THE SOURCES' DEFENDERS) are so upset - None of these comments would be made if each person did not have to GO BACK TO THE DA__ place to return yet ANOTHER defective (or used (unknown to the buyer)) item.

PUT BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS AND STOP REPLYING and personally insulting people who's only crime was to pay (as their side of the sales contract demands) for a damaged or 2nd-hand or otherwise unacceptable unusable product. (NOT what one expects to receive)
    And furthermore have to waste MORE TIME AN ENERGY when the fault lies with the shop.

It has happened FAR TOO MANY times for me - I boycott the place and get things (from the many other online retailers) that either work (or if once in a while there's a problem) have TRULY hassle-free returns where I don't have go on a wild goose chase to try and get a replacement which is usually in worse shape. (From the Source)

• Ca
    Canada Eh! May 20, 2015

Isn't it sad that a company that markets itself as a Canadian company can have two people shouting at each other over the internet. I had a similar experience this evening. Chris the sales clerk wasn't the most personable God help him! He was very put out about having to take back a Brother printer 450 that didn't work. He stated and I quote " the newest models don't always work as they should." I was unclear how that justified the fact that it wouldn't print...maybe it would be better suited to being a dust collector or a table ornament cos' I'm not really sure what one is suppose to do with the" newest model printer that doesn't work as it should."
    Chris was disappointed that I hadn't contacted Brother customer service. Obviously I had failed another level of the Source employee check list...bringing back the bloody thing in the first place was a big no no! He was so disappointed in my customer abilities that it took him 35 minutes to complete the return. Luckily for him there wasn't another sinner soul in the place other than his trusty assistant who was very pleasant.
    Another little issue I had was that I was charged full price for the four ink cartridges I had used. As an incompetent customer I hadn't figured out how to find out whither the printer would work or not without using the ink cartridges. I mentioned to Chris at this point that Mike the gentleman that sold me the printer in the first place stated that the ink cartridges were only demos and would only last a short time. Chris had never heard of such a thing! I said that Staples sales assistants had also said the same thing to my son when he bought a new printer. Chris stated quoting once again " sales assistants say that to get you to buy more ink cartridges." ...See you thought that it was only used car salesmen that tell lies. No we can add electronic salespeople to that list.
    In the end Chris managed to refund $97.18 out of a total of $161.58 of my bill. Highway robbery is alive and well in 2015 unfortunately in the form of a Canadian company that up until now I did try and support. Roll on the invasion of international companies vying for my business, I'm done trying to support the Canadian companies that think returning something that doesn't work as it should after 8 days is unacceptable.

• Ba
    BADBOWTIE167 Oct 24, 2014

Im sorry but after reading your rant about the source I wanted to point out in your own words "He told me that he did not have any more in stock, but would check with another store and could get one there by tomorrow. I told him this would be fine". Once he located one, he told me to take the used camera back and return tomorrow. SO WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM WITH RETURNING THE NEXT DAY TO DO THE EXCHANGE? YOU ALREADY SAID" THAT WAS FINE" I would also like to point out ...Could he not have said: Please bring the camera back tomorrow when I can do an exchange - HE DID TELL U TO BRING IT BACK THE NEXT DAY TO DO THE EXCHANGE! HOW HARD WAS THIS FOR YOU TO COMPREHEND?? he did not have another camera and asked you to come back the next day. most items that are on sale are exchange only if there is a problem with it. FURTHER MORE... IT IS ILLEGAL IN CANADA TO RECORD SOMEONE WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE. IF I WAS THIS EMPLOYEE AND LOST MY JOB BECAUSE OF YOU AND FOUND OUT YOU RECORDED ME WITHOUT MY CONSENT I WOULD SUE YOUR BUTT OFF FOR ILLEGALLY RECORDING ME . YOU WERE TOLD IN THE BEGINNING TO RETURN THE NEXT DAY AND THEY WOULD EXCHANGE THE CAMERA. YOU DID NOT LISTEN TO THE SALES PERSON AND AFTER 10 MIN OF TRYING TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU ...STILL DIDNT GET IT! RETURN TOMMORROW AND GET YOUR EXCHANGED CAMERA! PRETTY SIMPLE. YOUR SLANDERING A COMPANY AND EMPLOYEE BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN IGNORANCE AND INABILITY TO LISTEN. IF YOU JUST WANTED YOUR MONEY BACK THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST TOLD HIM THAT WHEN U SHOWED UP AT THE STORE, YES YOU WERE WASTING THEIR TIME BECAUSE THEY CAN ONLY EXCHANGE THE CAMERA NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY. THE SOURCE SHOULD SUE YOU FOR DEFIMATION OF CHARACTER! GOOD THING I DONT OWN THIS STORE I WOULD PLASTER YOUR PICTURES ALL OVER THE FRONT OF THE STORE AS AN UN RULY CUSTOMER AND YOU WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN MY STORE.

Sam Dal Apr 09, 2014

I had to deal with Wayne Creary from Barrhead Alberta. the store manager. a disrespectful mean person. I am never going back

christy3 Jul 19, 2013

I had migraines and just wanted to pay for the telephone cord and get out. Both sales associate were busy helping customers, and none of them were available at the cashier. I told him that I've never been to a store were there was no one at the cashier and this sales associate named "Jason" answered: "well, we are not any store, we are the Source." If I wasn't that sick and if I didn't need that cord that bad, I would've just left. One this is for sure, I will never go back there and I will not recommend this store to anyone. The sales associates are rude, just awful ! I wonder if the head office knows that this is the kind of person they hire. This happened in the Source at Billings Bridge in Ottawa.

• Ph
    phoebe123 Mar 15, 2011

Even my 15 yr old will not allow me to buy his/my electronics or even an alarm clock from The Source anymore...over the last few years we have had to return almost everything we bought there due to malfunctions...is it possible that their items are "refurbished"? Really, remote controlled cars, a clock radio, wiring, and a printer, in one year, which didn't work properly made me take my business elsewhere.Also in a tiny store, having 2 salesmen following you around the few aisles there makes shopping very uncomfortable.