The Merrick Bank Corporation Logo

The Merrick Bank Corporation

Having problems with The Merrick Bank Corporation?

+1 800 204 5936 (Credit Cards)
+1 888 545 5777 (Recreational Lending)
+1 866 638 6851 (Certificates Of Deposit)
PO Box 5000
Draper, Utah
United States - 84020-5000
Overnight Payment
Attn: Lockbox Operations № 660702, 2701 East Grauwyler Road, BLDG 1, Irving, TX 75061

Credit Department
P.O. Box 1442, Draper, UT 84020-1442

Complaints & Reviews

Two direct fdcpa violations

I called merrick bank after receiving a notice to cancel my card after 16 years with you, as I lost my job but was still making monthly payments, but due to merrick banks essisive charges it would push my monthly amout over the limit. I called and asked how and if I can get the card reopeded and the agent said yes if I paid $316 they will reopen the account, I borrowed and paid $350 direct, a few days later I called to confirm paymnet received and was told that payment was received but they will not reopen the account. I asked for a supervisor and explained as I did to you, she said she will listen to the tape and call me back. After no call back I called merrick back they doid confirm the fdcpa violations but said nothing will be done to correct it.

Robert wheaton [protected]

Credit card customer service

Very poor customer service. I called to activate a replacement card. After I gave the employee my whole card number he asked for my ssn. I had already supplied my name, credit card number, last 4 of my social, home phone, cell phone. When I questioned him why he needed my ssn too, he said he would not activate the card without it and got snippy and then. ask for my mother's name too. Really! I'm not happy about my experience with this bank.

Random shutdown of account without notification

I have had a Merrick Bank card for over 2 years. Recently I have had multiple fraudulent charges atleast 4-5 times in 6-8 months. I get issued a new card everytime no issues. The last one a couple weeks ago I get a new card I activate it and it's declined. I call the credit card company and am informed my account is closed because of high risk fraud. I never received any letter of it being deactivated or anything of that nature. How is it my fault that i have people making fake copies of my card or stealing my information. Horrible business practices from this bank.

Changing my payment method from my debit visa to my credit card visa

I submit my debit visa #5310 for, method of payment, to play the gsn games, I have used this debit visa card, dated back to 2016. As of June 8, 2017, an unauthorized person went into my account and changed my debit visa #5310, to my credit visa of Merrick bank #4743, Merrick bank claims I used credit visa #4743, starting June 8, 2017 to play the gsn games; in-turn, Merrick bank charge my credit visa card #4743 with them $236.00 for games played. Someone switched my debit visa #5310 to the Merrick visa # 4743 without my authorization.
GSN stated ""secure payment"" How did this fraudulent transaction occur without my knowledge??
I DO HAVE, 100% proof, I did not used Merrick visa card #4743, to play the games, dated June 08, 2017 etc.
A fraud has been committed, I request to have those charges removed off my Merrick visa #4743, total $236.00, my balance for Merrick visa should be @264.00. PLEASE RESPOND vera Jackson

Credit card

I have had an account with Merrick bank for years. I get my bill in the mail every month, despite signing up...

worst bank ever

I had my account with advanta bank which was bought out by Merrick in 2010. I never received anymore statements. I called with my concerns only to find i was charged late fees. They refused to send me paper statements. They refused to sign me up for online payments and wanted to charge me $10 for phone payments. I paid off my balance. I asked to close my account and delete my personal information and they refused! Why do they still need my SS#? Do not bank with these people. I had no choice but you still do.Very shady!

• Mo
    molliewollie Jun 09, 2011

So your account is still open? If so, you must owe them money. "They refuse to sign me up for online payments" What does that even mean? You sign up for online banking on their website and send your own online payments, you don't need them to do it.

Heartless

When my father died, my mother lost half of her income. She called all her credit cards and worked out payment plan she could afford and slowly paid every card off. Every card except for Merrick.

They absolutely refused to work with her. They were horribly rude and treated her like she was some kind of criminal. She has been doing her best and slowly paying on it, but they weren't satisfied. Now they are suing her for 5, 000 over a 500 balance. She the most hardworking person and educator. They disgust me and I can guarantee they will never see a penny from me or any of my friends.

Lies

Merrick bank holds my payment for a week before posting money to my account.Now my airline tickets cost more and they want to charge me $48 a year to be abused.35% interest!!! I pay off balance every month and they are angry they don't get to rape me anymore.If I cancel card they will screw up my credit.This shouldn't be legal. Where's the politicians? The SOBs are bought off! The median age of this Brigham Young Univ. educated band of thieves is 36 years of age.Chanin Christensen v.p./hr manager, Matt sellers, John Stevens, David Young, Scott Foster Shame on you!! Is this what the Mormons do, teach their young to steal, lie, and cheat?

• Big Sean Aug 03, 2012

I got Merrick Bank calling my house by harrassing me abouit a late bill.I will report them to Consumer Complaint Com and expose them.

• Big Sean Aug 03, 2012

And they got the nerve to get nasty with me on the phone.

rip off

In light of the economy and Banks getting bazillions of tax payer dollars to make things easie for people...

unauthorized charges

Every 15 of the month I get my monthly statement, I send the payment out the very same day, I send the payment to its hicksville office in ny, mind you I live in nyc, so it should only take a couple of days. the following month I get a late payment fee of 39.00, the only way they stop charging me that 39.00 is that I started sending it usps priority mail with delivery confirmation. that way I got proof that they received it early. when I got the card issued its apr rate was 9.7 totally reasonable right, then it went up to 17.9, now with the so called late fees it shot up to 32 percent that when I contacted my attorney who negotiated with them to bring the total balance from 1200.00 to 275.00 which I immediately paid and canceled my account. merrick bank are a bunch of thieves good riddance.

scam and lies

I have had a credit card with Merrick Bank for over a year - I have never been late. My company closed and the company I worked for owed me over a month's pay. This company started calling me yesterday (Cardholder Mana, my caller id shows they called 5 times today and it won't register how many yesterday (because they called 5 today and it only goes back to the last 10 calls). They are labeled Cardholder Mana... now, I have never talked to them (because I didn't know who they were) and they have never left a message... I talked to them today and they told me that I was 9 days late but that I was being reported as 60 days late. I am not. They are going by my last pay date, which was early and even if it wasn't as of tomorrow - it still wouldn't be 60 days (the date due is being listed as of 8/07/08). Would anyone out there really believe that if I was 60 days late they would wait until yesterday to call for a credit card payment?

• Re
    Reviewer60195 Nov 20, 2018

I received a credit card application from Merrick Bank in Utah and I don't believe they exist !!!

• To
    tomvan Oct 24, 2019

Merrick Bank is a total scam. It is not a real credit card offer.

• De
    debtfreesoon Nov 03, 2019

They are real but not the best choice in choosing a card.
    I've had one for years but I got my card at a time I was rebuilding credit. Some 20 years later I have very good credit - have always paid all my bills on time - but for some reason, that is not rewarded by Merrick.
    Interest rates continually increase and their fees and procedures are excessive compared to other banks. My opinion - avoid at all costs.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices