Menu

complaints

Textbook Maniac Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
11 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Textbook Maniac at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Textbook Maniac has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Textbook Maniac. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Textbook Maniac complaints 11

Sort by:

Newest Textbook Maniac complaints

K
3:38 pm EDT

Textbook Maniac Stolen Textbooks

I used bookdeals website to sale my used textbooks. Bookmaniac agreed to buys my books for $61. I shipped my books with the USPS prepaid shipping label they gave me. I received a message on my bookdeals account that my 7lb packaged arrived opened and empty. Now based on bookdeals policy they don't have to pay me for my books and they can't send my books back to me because "the package was empty."

Desired outcome: I need to be paid $61 for the books I mailed to Textbook Maniac and that USPS delivered to them. USPS would not have delivered an empty, opened box. BookDeals needs to drop TextbookManiac as a buyer

C
7:40 am EDT

Textbook Maniac Selling textbooks to Textbook Maniac: My honest experience

So, I was a bit worried about selling my textbook to Textbook Maniac at first, because I read a few reviews that weren't so positive. But, when I looked around their website, I saw that they were actually offering the best price for my particular book, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I will say, I wasn't expecting much from the process, and I was a little nervous when I sent my book off. But, after waiting a few weeks, I received an email saying that they'd sent payment to my PayPal account.

I didn't remember exactly what the quoted amount was, but I was relieved to see that there was some money there nonetheless. And, honestly, that was good enough for me!

So, based on my experience, I would say that Textbook Maniac is not a total scam! Sure, there might be some hiccups here and there, but if you're willing to take the chance, you might just come out ahead.

C
6:34 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Textbook Maniac Beware of Textbook Maniac: Poor Customer Service and Unreliable Payment

I was going through some stuff in my house and I found some old textbooks. I figured I could get a bit of money for them, so I looked around online for a place to sell them. I ended up stumbling upon Textbook Maniac and they offered me around 60 bucks for my books. I thought that was a pretty good deal, so I sent my books to them in good faith.

I used a tracking number to keep an eye on the package and it seemed to get delivered without any issues. However, when I contacted Textbook Maniac to ask about my payment, they told me that my books had been damaged in transit. I was pretty upset, since I had mailed them in good condition and they were worth quite a bit to me.

To make matters worse, the folks at Textbook Maniac didn't offer to do anything to help me out. They basically told me there was nothing they could do and that was that. I didn't get my books back and they didn't give me a refund for the cost of shipping. I felt like I had been taken advantage of and it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Overall, I would caution anyone against using Textbook Maniac. They may seem like a good deal at first, but be aware that they may not have your best interests in mind. If you do decide to use them, make sure you keep an eye on your package and ask for updates. Unfortunately, this was a really negative experience for me and I wouldn't want anyone else to have to go through it.

Hide full review

Is Textbook Maniac legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board rates Textbook Maniac highly, signaling it as a legitimate option for users seeking reliable services. Despite this endorsement, the 0% resolution rate for complaints about Textbook Maniac raises questions. Diligently reviewing Textbook Maniac's client feedback and resolution practices is recommended for those considering Textbook Maniac's services, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of its legitimacy and commitment to customer satisfaction.

Textbook Maniac earns 81% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: Textbook Maniac near-perfect at 81% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

Textbook Maniac has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Textbook Maniac's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. The support team lacks customer service skills, training, and resources, resulting in only 0% of 10 complaints being resolved.
  • Multiple low-rated websites are found on the same server. There could be such as technical issues or poor website optimization. To determine if the websites are part of a scam, it's important to review them and look for signs of fraudulent activity.
  • Textbook Maniac protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The website belonging to Textbook Maniac has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Textbook Maniac. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  • Textbookmaniac.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.
I
5:21 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Textbook Maniac Warning: Terrible Experience with Textbook Maniac - Not a Legitimate Company!

Listen up, folks! I gotta tell you about my experience with Textbook Maniac (textbookmaniac.com). Let me tell you, it was not a good one. I wish I had read the other reviews before I did business with them. They are not a legitimate company, if you know what I mean.

So, I sent in my books to sell to them and they quoted me a price of $49. I was pretty happy with that price, you know? But then, they dropped the price to $0 on account of "water damage". What a load of crap! My books were in perfect condition. I believe this was just another one of their scams to get more money out of me.

Here's the kicker, they won't even return my books unless I pay for the shipping! Can you believe that? They're just trying to get more money out of me. It's ridiculous.

So, if you've had a similar experience with Textbook Maniac, make sure you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It's time we put a stop to this scam!

B
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Textbook Maniac Textbook Maniac: A Disorganized Disaster - Customers Beware!

This Textbook Maniac company is a bit of a mess, to be honest. I sent in an order a whole week ago and they haven't done a thing with it - apparently it's just sitting in their warehouse collecting dust. I'm really irritated by this and won't be selling my books to them again. I've used a bunch of other companies like this before and never had a problem like this. It's unacceptable to have to wait weeks after they received my package for them to do anything with it. They really need to get their act together over there at Textbook Maniac! Just read what the customers are saying in these reviews - clearly there's a lot that they need to fix up in how they're running things in their warehouse.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Textbook Maniac Warning: Textbook Maniac is a Scam!

I wished I could leave them less than one star, but it's just not possible! I gave Textbook Maniac my textbook that was in great shape and I bought from my university. They said that my book was a "fake" and they would not pay for it. I also asked them to return the book to me, but they said that a refund is not possible because that goes against their "rules". After showing them that I had bought it from the university bookstore, they still would not pay me for it or send it back. I would highly suggest that you do not send Textbook Maniac your books because they aren't honest at all. They are criminals and their "rules" are only meant to steal from college students! This is a total scam, don't fall for it!

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Textbook Maniac Textbook Maniac Review: Stay Away, Shady Shipping Tactics & Poor Customer Service

My experience with Textbook Maniac was not great. They gave me a gloriously high payout, so I decided to sell my textbooks to them. But, they only sent me a shipping label for Media Mail. I kind of had a feeling about that but thought, "eh, what could go wrong?" Well, apparently, a lot. Media Mail is infamously slow and unreliable. I watched the tracking information like a hawk and saw it made its way over to their location in Huntsville, AL. But then, the updates just stopped coming. I have a sneaky suspicion that the package was delivered but not scanned. When I reached out to Textbook Maniac about this, they gave me a runaround with their confusing and conflicting responses. I diligently sent a boatload of emails, and still, nothing. So if you're thinking about selling to them, I'd say, steer clear.

O
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Textbook Maniac Textbook Maniac is a Fraud - Don't Trust Them with Your Books!

So, I was a bit skeptical about this Textbook Maniac website after reading some of the reviews, but I decided to give them a shot and send them my textbook anyway. I made sure to double check that it wasn't a teacher's or international edition, just like the other reviews suggested.

But, as luck would have it, I received an email from Textbook Maniac saying that they wouldn't pay me for my book because it was an international edition. I couldn't believe it! It's hard to understand how a company can just steal from people like that by lying.

I'm warning you guys, please don't send your books to this company. They'll take your books, lie to you about them, and then refuse to pay you. This company is a complete and total fraud!

I'm still trying to figure out why Textbook Maniac would do something like this. All I know is that I wasted my time and energy sending them my textbook. I should've trusted my instincts and avoided this site altogether.

D

Textbook Maniac Beware of Textbook Maniac: A Disappointing Experience

I gotta say, I do not agree with the hype that Textbook Maniac is all about. I ordered my copy of the book and boy was I disappointed! The book was not in good shape and looked like it had been sitting in someone's basement for years. It was raggedy and downright gross. And when I tried talking to the people at Textbook Maniac, they basically told me "tough luck, buddy." Like, really? You're not even gonna try to help me out here?

But the worst part was when I found out that they thought my book was a counterfeit. Like, what the heck?! I know this book is authentic - I bought it brand new! But they didn't seem to care. They just wanted to take my book away and give me nothing in return.

I know the textbook industry is a crock of crap, but I thought maybe Textbook Maniac could be different. But nope, they're just another face of the same old problem. They pretend to care about helping students save money, but really they just want to make a buck off of us. I won't be using this company again, and neither should you. Steer clear of Textbook Maniac if you value your time, money, and sanity.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Textbook Maniac Beware of Textbook Maniac: Unreliable Service, False Promises, and Shady Practices

So, I had this experience with Textbook Maniac and it was pretty disappointing, to say the least. I had six books that I wanted to sell and I got a quote from them for $67.95. Seemed like a good deal so I sent the books out with the label they provided me. However, the label didn't cover the whole shipping cost, so I had to pay $3.50 for shipping. Not a big deal, I thought, since I was going to get a decent amount for my textbooks in return.

But the next day, I was shocked to find out that the quote had been slashed to an insulting $0.47! They didn't even have the decency to give me a heads-up before making such a dramatic change. Of course, I was upset and immediately contacted them through email hoping to resolve the issue. But lo and behold, they don't have a phone number! Seriously, how am I supposed to deal with this now? Anyway, they told me that they only received one book, which was a huge lie. How could one book weighing over 15lbs be the only one that made it to them? It was clear that they were just trying to rip me off.

Sadly, there's nothing I could do about it. The only proof I had was the original quote they provided me, and as it turned out, it was just a false promise. To make matters worse, they never even paid me the measly $0.44 they promised!

In summary, I'm highly dissatisfied with Textbook Maniac and would NOT recommend them. If you're looking to sell your textbooks, do yourself a favor and steer clear of these guys. Their lack of communication, false promises, and shady practices are just not worth the headache.

T
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Textbook Maniac Terrible Experience with Textbook Maniac: Missing Books and Rude Customer Service

So, I sent all my texty-books to Textbook Maniac about 6 weeks ago. They got the whole lot around 2 weeks ago and all seemed fine until today when I received an email saying they couldn't find a couple of my books. Here we go - they want to reduce my payment! No way, Jose! I got on the phone and that's when the problems really started. This person I spoke to was so rude. Can you imagine, they even called me Karen just cos I was questioning their decision?
I asked for proof - like a picture or something to show that they actually received the box with two books missing. But no, she wouldn't give me that. Then I asked for a manager - but would she put me through? No, no, no! She was the boss and I was stuck with her - but what could I do?
But then it got even worse - she tells me that this happens all the time and that it's nothing to do with her, it's the shipper's fault. Oh, great! Can I have my books back then, please? But they won't do that, you see, so we're at an impasse.
In conclusion, and you'll understand why, DO NOT USE TEXTBOOK MANIAC!

Overview of Textbook Maniac customer experience

Textbook Maniac (textbookmaniac.com) has received a significant number of consumer complaints. They are notorious for not delivering orders on-time, and their customer service is poor. Many customers have encountered issues with incorrect or missing orders, and the company has been slow to resolve them. The prices on the website are often misleading, leading to unexpected additional fees at checkout. Additionally, some buyers report receiving textbooks in poor condition, with pages missing or damaged. Overall, Textbook Maniac is an unreliable and unsatisfactory option for purchasing textbooks.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Textbook Maniac contacts