Tel3 AdvantageBad service

After reading the responses to customer complaints by Tel3, I just had to make my voice heard. Tel3 is not a reliable company. As much as they might repsond and say "contact us", "speak to a manager" etc. etc. they continue to have unreliable service. First, call quality on my calls to Colombia are horrible. My girlfriend cannot hear me and I cannot hear her. I used the service during the day because it was cheap and would use Skype at night. Secondly, connecting of calls are unbearable. I have to repeatedly call the number until I could get my lousy connection. Third, when you think the call is being placed and the person on the other end just is not available, I would check my balance and realize not just 1 minute had been charged to my account but 2 or 3 minutes just for the privilege of hearing a phone ring. Later I would call my girlfriend and say where you and she would say her phone never rang. Realistically, I have no idea how much money was charged to my account for non-connected calls. When I did call customer service, most seem to be inexperienced and recite a rehearsed line of company policy. Including, I will send this on to technical support, try pressing ##* or something like that. After waiting some time hoping the lines would clear or G-d forbid be fixed, I once again was greeted to minutes being subtracted from my account with no connection. I said to customer service just give me back the money on my account and she responded she was unable to do that. Ok...thank you very much...Please be careful when purchasing services and check out boards like this first. Unlike myself, you could have saved a lot of time, money, and get better overall quality.. Also, you guys/gals might want to check out the South Florida Better Business Bureau on this company. I guess I am not alone...

More Tel3 Advantage Complaints & Reviews

• Te
    TEL3 Sep 30, 2008

We apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused regarding your account. We'll be more than happy to review your account again and find out if there is a way to fix the issue for you. In order for us to investigate the issue and speak with a manager you can call us at [protected]-TEL3 or provide us with your contact information and best time to reach you so we can call you back.

• Ev
    Everett Hamilton Nov 03, 2008

This is one of the slimiest companies I have ever dealth with. In addition to similar problems as noted in the previous post, I just simply could not make any phone calls after 25, Sept. 2008 as NONE of the access numbers or 1-800 number would work. I called their customer service departed over a dozen times and was given promises that it was just temporary and the problem would be fixed within 24 hours. It never was!! Finally I just got fed up and demanded a refund. Of course they couldnt do that from the Customer Service centre and I was given three seperate numbers to call, none of which worked. I finally called back, demanded to speak with a manager and after 20 minutes on hold finally got one who assured me a refund would be issued and a member of the senior management team would call me back within 24 hours (never happened). I now note that my account is blocked and I cant access it at all either online or via phone. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (and noted that they have over 100 complaints similar to mine already). NEVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE LIARS, CHEATS AND JUST THROUGHLY INCOMPETENT!!!

• Te
    TEL3 Jan 06, 2009

Tel3 is dedicated to provide a seamless quality connection to any destination and offer a service few of our competitors can match. We offer some of the lowest rates in the business, no connection fees, additional taxes or other hidden fees. Tel3 is one of the few companies in this sector of the market that espouse accountability. We work with our carriers on a daily basis to solve whatever problems our customer may experience. However, there are some instances where the issue is beyond our control, for example the quality connection of the receiving party. We also offer the ‘##*#’ feature. This option allows the customer to switch available carriers on our network in the event of a temporary failure or poor quality connection at the time of the call. As a South Florida based company, we maintain a satisfactory Better business Bureau rating which is continually improving due to our willingness to work with and for our customers.

• Je
    jenny chaloux Jun 17, 2009

ME TOO!!! I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES! I WAS CHARGED FOR LISTENING TO THE PHONE RING! I HAD TO CALL ALL THE TIME TO TELL THEM TO CREDIT MY ACCOUNT BACK! SNAKES IN THE GRASS!

• Xa
    Xavier De Romagna Oct 24, 2009

If you think you had bad service from Tel3...hear me out! I have been using their long distance service to call my Mom in Peru for a couple of years. Despite experiencing all of the issues you described, plus more, I stuck with them because they are cheap. However, recently I was billed by my telecom provider Verizon for calls to Peru that I dialed with my Tel3 account! almost $400 in long distance charges to Peru. I complained to Tel3 customer service and sent copies of my Verizon bill s evidence and they argue that the calls were not made with my Tel3 account! As if I am out of my mind to dial Peru purposely without using my Tel3 service, knowing well that the cost for these long distance calls would be extremely expensive. I would have to be crazy! Their final answer is that the do not have records of these calls -of course- and that they are not responsible for the charges. So now I am stuck with $400 in long distance charges that I am not responsible for. Verizon does not care and Tel3 could not care less. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH TEL3. They are NOT reliable NOR HONEST. They do not even send you a monthly statement with your calls. Please pass this on to others. I will continue to share my horrible experience with Tel3 with everyone and spread the word. Please help me do that!

• Ri
    Richiem2282 Jan 14, 2010

Same again, I cant make mobile calls to Ireland and a useless supervisor called "Mark" claimed to have worked on my issue and claimed he called me to say the issue was rectified, funny how i made a call and NADA!!! called them and they told me that he tried to call me, never left a message and that my issue was resolved... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A GOOD COMPANY TO GO WITH AS FAR USA TO IRELAND CALLING. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THESE COMPANIES GIVING CRAP SERVICE, I WAS WITH VONAGE AND CANCELLED THEM BEFORE TEL 3... Why is it SO hard to make a international call where we don't get 1: ripped off on prices and 2: absolutely crap service and customer service, I mean in 2010 companies like this exist, c'mon people, why should we except this???

• Nu
    NuclearDetonator Nov 06, 2010

We were always told to parrot their "explanation" to extemely unhappy, sometimes enraged customers. They said they moved their customer service department back to Miami to improve the quality. However, all complaints remain essentially the same. Customer disatisfaction remains the same as well. Their "explanations" and promises are always like a big time broken record.

• Mo
    Momou Aug 11, 2015

This is a very bad company, i purchased 10$ credit and i couldnt reach any of my contacts, i only had the opportinuty to hear the phone ringing in the other side. Now my credit balance is 2$, i do not recommand this service, be carefull with tel 3

• De
    Dennis Mulheron Sep 06, 2015

I have had Tel3 for around 3 years. When I initially started with them I was very happy and they provided a good service at an inexpensive price. In the last year it has completely gone down hill and is very unreliable. There isn't a month or weeks that go by where I am UNABLE to use the service. I make the call and I get "Your call is being connected now" then DEAD SILENCE...Or I'll get "ALL CIRCUITS ARE BUSY" .. There are times when the phone will ring ONCE and then dead silence. I send in complaints, they tell me it's being fixed but it never is really fixed. Sometimes they fix it and it works for the next few calls and then I'm right back to the same old crap all over again. This last time I sent in the complaint for it not working was on Sept. 1st. GUESS WHAT??? It still isn't fixed so what is the point of having a long distance carrier that you cannot use...

• Da
    Damian666 Apr 17, 2016

I have been using TEL 3 for years (mainly to the UK) there are occasions when I have had to redial because of an echo or bad line, in general I am happy with the service.
    I recently subscribed to skype for making calls - simple because of the hands free on my laptop and the speakers are so much better than that of a phone. I tried Skype over this weekend and got "All circuits are busy" so I used Tel3 and got the same message - so I would assume they use the same carrier in which case changing to another company might not help with the problem - if anybody does find a company please post it and I will use them!

Jomaa Ben-Hassine Dec 18, 2016

Several years ago, I had been a loyal customer of Tel3 services. I got unhappy with them for a while so I stopped using their services. However, lately, I decided to give them another try. BIG MISTAKE! The company seems to have sunk to even lower levels of corrupt business practices. Since my account was not active for a while, it was deactivated. So, I gave them a call and they verified my identity and re-activated it. I was able to login and make a deposit. A few days later, when I tried making a call, the system would not recognize my account number. I went back to the website and their system said the account was blocked for security reasons and provided a link to verify it. I followed the link and after providing the credentials, the response was that the account was not active. I got on the phone again. Typical wait times with this company are 30 minutes easy. I talked to Fernando. I told him the issue and he would not recognize that it was re-activated, somehow implying that I needed to make a call right away after re-activation. So, I asked him to refund the deposit and I no longer needed their services. That is when he got even more obnoxious. First, he said OK and said I would receive a confirmation email. When I said I was online and awaiting the confirmation email, he said the refund would take 7 to 10 business days and that no email would be sent. I asked for a confirmation number to verify that we talked. He refused. I asked for his name. He said Fernando. I asked for a last name, he said it was not my business to know his last name. That's when I lost it and swore at him. He hung up on me. I called again and he was again at the line. I politely asked to talk to his manager, he put me on hold and then took my number and promised that a manager would call. I am not holding my breath. My advice to anyone considering this company is to stay away. I made a big mistake when I decided to give them another try.

Jomaa Ben-Hassine Dec 19, 2016

@Jomaa Ben-Hassine A Tel3 manager called me and was apologetic about what happened. He said a refund was already issued and offered a $5.00 credit to make any call to keep the account active. I doubt I will use the service again but to Tel3's credit, they do attempt to fix issues when they occur.

• Hu
    Hugo Delgadillo Jul 09, 2018

My account was deactivated with no notification, and whatever credit forfeit. Called, had to recharge, and told HAD TO CALL SOMEONE SAME DAY, had to do something else, and did not make any call that day. . Deactivated again, recharge money forfeit again. Am going some where else. They lost me.

Jacqueline Wardlaw Dec 13, 2018

Worst Calling Card Service...choose any other card!!

I signed up for a calling card from TEL3 12/12/18. I used the card twice but when I tried to use it the 3rd time, I received a voice message when I dialed the access #. The message stated that my account was under review and I had to complete the review with their customer service prior to using the calling card. The questions they ask you are things you may not remember from your past & if you answer anything incorrectly (God forbid you forget) they will not clear your acct for you to use the service. The customer service rep stated it would take over a week to refund me my $$$. I wish I never used this company...never had to go through this much invasion into my privacy to use a calling card.

• St
    steensteen Feb 26, 2019

this service eats [censored]
    hours upon hours of 'All circuits are busy'
    messages!!!
    At other times hours upon hours of
    busy signal.
    When my money runs out it is goodbye to Tel3

• Dm
    DMai Apr 26, 2019

I was not able to connect to the country I need to call for about 2 months. When called TEL3 customer service, they say TEL 3 have no connection to my country and don't know when they will have that connection either. When I asked for the refund of money I have on my account, they say since it was more than 60 days since I loaded the account, they will not refund the money. They suggested me to wait till the issue is resolved, but they cannot guarantee the issue will be resolve. Also, the representative was so rude, just unbelievable. Will be calling the State Commissioner.

• Dm
    DMai Apr 26, 2019

I was not able to connect to the country I need to call for about 2 months. When called their customer service, they say they have no connection to my country and don't know when they will have that connection either. When I asked for the refund of money I have on my account, they say since it was more than 60 days since I loaded the money, they will not refund the money. They suggested me to wait till the issue is resolved, but they cannot guarantee the issue will be resolve. Also, the representative was so rude, just unbelievable. Will be calling the State Commissioner.

• Sh
    Shonta Mason May 28, 2019

Ive been using tel3 for about 4 months now . The servicw was great at first but now my boyfriend is having trouble trying to call me it wont let him call. So i called customer service those people are so rude they do nothing to help the lady said its down what can i do well i spend my money maybe try to explain the issue better!

• Ca
    Casi123 Jun 06, 2019

Been a customer of Tel3 since 2009. Company decided to change policy without even a text notice that if you do not make any call in one year, they would cancel your account and confiscate the balance. I had close to $ 20. While trying to find out why my account was closed, the customer service rep was rude and condescending in relating the this policy to me. This changing policy without notice is stealing. While I tried to speak to her superior I was informed that she was the top tier person, essentially what she says is final. Account closed! All thieves.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices